Author Topic: Picking up the Pieces  (Read 9285 times)

Offline The Cedar Witch

• Novelist
  • Night among strangers. Secrets in the dark.
    • View Profile
    • Modern Magix
Re: Picking up the Pieces
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2019, 05:56:51 AM »
Rachel noticed the blush, but before she could call him out on it he spoke.  And then got all tense.

"I'm sure he's trying his best to not pay attention.  He did ask if we wanted to be left alone so... He's probably off somewhere across the house being awkward and keeping to himself."  She laughed quietly, knowing that if he were listening he'd definitely hear that.  But it wasn't anything she wouldn't have said to his face. 

"Also, what was that blush about?"  She elbowed him lightly, eager to inject a bit of comic relief into the situation. 
Anna/Odessa/Sonya || Astrid || Chtahzus'aak/Zeus || Extasis || Fler || Jeremiah || Laurent/Va'tamal || Malakai || Rachel || Vai
Old things have strange hungers. - Catherynne M. Valente

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
  • four sins past SAINTHOOD.
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2019, 08:53:16 AM »
Quinn smiled cheekily when she asked him about his flushing face. "Well," he said pulling his cheeks back down to normal with much effort, "let's just say I'm intimately aware of what being with a vampire is like." He had always been a bit boy-crazed - whether as a backlash to the society that told him he wasn't man enough or straight enough, or because he was raised a sheltered thing and there was a boom of attractive men who (for some odd reason) wanted him, Quinn had never been sure. Perhaps, and more likely, it was a mix of both. Either way, he had seen his fair share of sexual partners and romantic interests. Ever since Jeremiah Peterson had stepped foot into his apartment and fucked him wild, Quinn had been on a vampire-kick.

Well, that wasn't exactly true. It was a Jerry-kick. He hadn't braved the streets of the city to search for a new partner and neither had he been able to quite put Jerry down just yet - not with the ever-looming prospect that the vampire might actually have the ability to make Quinn happy - if he ever got his head out of his own ass. What was that old saying? Better the devil you fuck than the devil you don't? Something like that anyway.

"But that, my friend, is a story for another time.

"Now, I want to know more about you now. Tell me everything, but focus on the decent shit."

Offline The Cedar Witch

• Novelist
  • Night among strangers. Secrets in the dark.
    • View Profile
    • Modern Magix
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2019, 09:08:57 AM »
"Alright," Rachel raised her eyebrows and laughed "But don't think you're getting out of it."  Damn, she missed the boy-talk, the watching movies and drooling over actors, gossiping about the next new hot guy that came into work. 

Decent shit.  Could she do that?  Everything in her life had been so tinged with heaviness.  Except for the cute shit with Damien--and she wasn't about to go into that while he had the chance of overhearing her.  That would have to be a story for another time.  Well, some of it anyway.  Otherwise, she'd have nothing to talk to him about.  God what a fucking shut-in she was.

But she did find things to talk about, and before long they were laughing like they always had.  As if nothing had changed between them.  And after hours of talking the two fell asleep huddled together on the couch, emotionally exhausted.
Anna/Odessa/Sonya || Astrid || Chtahzus'aak/Zeus || Extasis || Fler || Jeremiah || Laurent/Va'tamal || Malakai || Rachel || Vai
Old things have strange hungers. - Catherynne M. Valente