Author Topic: Reviving Demons  (Read 11436 times)

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Reviving Demons
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2019, 07:54:48 AM »
Ichabod frowned at his phone as the reply came just as he got to the bottom floor. He had been having trouble remembering Jake’s name upstairs, but having heard and now seen the full name again he was remembering a couple more details about him. He’d been District Leader for a while now. He’d threatened Ben with a sword?! What the fuck was up with these people?

Lazarus is working for Jake. I don’t know much about him though. You ok?

He paused then, starting to type a couple of things but deleting them. Questions about Charon, about if Ben had considered trying to become a District Leader, but texting was definitely not the right way to bring up those things. They probably weren’t even true.

Thanks, but I’m going back to mine. James lived near there and he had a key – if James showed up there when Ichabod wasn’t around he’d make himself comfortable and then if Lazarus showed up… it wasn’t worth thinking about. And besides, Ben and Ichabod living together rarely turned out well.

Lazarus is going to go looking for Murphy. You should get him to go to the beach house.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2019, 09:00:04 AM »
A long pause, then another message binged.

I'll send Murphy a text, thanks. I'm fine, I'm in an Uber heading back to my car for now. How do you know Lazarus is working for Jake? And that he's going after Murphy? Has Lazarus been bothering you?
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2019, 09:13:23 AM »
He was asking questions about you and how long Kerr had been back. Lucky everyone seems to know we were avoiding each other. But he knew Murphy might give him more than I did.

Bothering him? Yep. Threatening to kill him? Check. But right now Ichabod just wanted to go home without Ben asking him over again, or worrying Kerr.

I didn’t tell him where he lives, don’t know how quickly he’ll look for him.

Ichabod had dumped his book on a restocking trolly and paused near the entrance. It was still pouring and If he’s had human eyes the street lights didn’t do much to illuminate the way. But Lazarus would soon be leaving and he felt better about going out where he knew the blonde definitely wasn’t. For now at least. He shoved his phone back into his jeans and headed out into the night, hunching his shoulders against the rain and not looking back at the brightly lit library.