Author Topic: Security Breach  (Read 11379 times)

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Security Breach
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2019, 10:01:34 PM »
Kerr looked at Ben's back, the all-too-familiar sense of helplessness rising up to swallow his heart. He'd tried so hard to heal Ben's pain and hadn't anticipated a fresh attack from this direction. The unexpectedness of it made it hit so much harder. He was thrown back to the moment he'd realised it was Digital that had killed Sawyl and the twins. He'd have done anything to spare Ben further pain. His hands bunched into fists and he looked down at Digital.

Far, far too many people 'had to be' hurt for Kerr and Ben to be together but Digital had always been their champion. At what point would the costs be too high? What right did their happiness have to destroy other lives? Or their own. Why did it have to keep happening? Because they were cosmically not meant to be together without ripples of pain radiating outward from them, like some twisted nexus of darkness?

He stepped close to Digital and crouched down before him, gathering his frantic hands together and pressing them between his own, beckoning Digital's gaze with his. He smiled at him, reaching up to cup his face with one hand once he sensed he had the Malkavian's attention. "Perhaps, now that you're going to live with us, you could warn us if something bad is going to happen, hmm?" he requested gently, toying with Digital's hair. "It would be helpful if we could stop everyone getting hurt, just so we can be together." His smiled saddened.

Offline Malkavian Riddler

• Novelist
  • Minstrel Seeking Minstrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2019, 10:32:56 PM »
Digital wished Ben hadn't asked. Lots of times people asked questions that they didn't really want to know. Everything was muddled together. He'd seen three different outcomes, in fact. He'd been so sure that Lefty was only going to wank his seed over Ben that he hadn't paid attention to the other visions. They were... nastier. No point warning Kerr that Ben might seduce Lefty if he ended up not doing so. That would've split them up. Couldn't warn Ben that Lefty was going to prove his masculinity using him. If it happened, Ben and Kerr would come together. Appreciation, gratitude, safety, comfort and love.

"Yes, warnings for everyone," Digital agreed, though what good would it do? Not everything came true. "One warning left. A storm for the throne. Demons and witches and angels and dragons. And you. You will be king of your domain again."
Digital: I drink from the poison chalice
Lan Bao: I reap the harvest of my people
Cain: I am the instrument that vampires play
Shan: I take what is mine and what is yours

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2019, 12:38:48 AM »
Kerr tilted his head, frowning at Digital. Dragons? And him, king of his domain? The City Central district? It couldn't be... although, something felt very right about being back in their old home and the business was bound to garner them a lot of attention. Like royalty in their tower. Kerr supposed it was feasible - possibly even logical - that he be looked upon as a contender for dethroning Jake. Only time (and possibly a whole lot of support from old friends) would tell if this prediction was likely.

"Shall we go shopping?" he asked Digital, shaking off his kingly ponderances. "You can buy the computers you want and possibly some new clothes?" he suggested, wondering how comfortable haute couture could possibly be for an extended period of a time.

He would either release Digital and stand if he seemed unconvinced or help him to his feet if he was enthused, before letting go of him to walk over behind Ben. Sliding a hand into his from behind, he rested his forehead on Ben's shoulder. "Are you up for that?" he asked softly, wanting to hug and squeeze the pain out of his love like so much juice out of a lemon. But he was fearful of shredding delicate flesh into pulp, hence his gentle approach.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2019, 11:56:54 AM »
Ben turned at Kerr's touch, leaning into his lover and eternal partner. Initially he ignored the question about shopping.

"I don't believe his prediction," Ben said softly. "I refuse to believe I needed Lazarus to rape me before I appreciated you. We were already talking, we were already discussing spending time with one another. That moment in the garden, at Sabrina's party, I admitted a lot of things to you that needed to be said. That's when we started coming together properly. Maybe not physically yet, because I was still... on a mission. But we were getting there."

He smiled and embraced Kerr tightly, giving him the hug that Kerr wanted.

Don't be afraid of touching me. I'll let you know if it's too much. Don't feel bad if I pull away. I need you to try.

"I'm up for that," he said into Kerr's neck.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2019, 12:50:35 PM »
Kerr nodded as Ben argued that their true reunion had come about because they’d finally started talking, admitting their fears to one another. Their situation had certainly been unique so it had been understandable they’d taken a while to get their groove back. Knowing that didn’t make it suck any less, however.

He held Ben tightly, relishing their unified outlook and the way his heart filled every time they got close. It was always like a lovely surprise but Ben’s message told him it shouldn’t be. He wouldn’t break him; Lazarus hadn’t and that proved how strong he was. “God, I love you,” he murmured, acknowledging the tingles spreading across his skin where Ben’s face was.  He fought the instinct to push his desire for Ben away, allowing it to grow instead. It was a double-edged sword.

Okay, I’ll try. I don’t want to overwhelm you but... I’ll try, he vowed. He wanted to say more, to confess how beautiful and talented he thought his lover was, to wax lyrical about Ben’s intellect, his sharp tongue, his raw prose and astute observations, confess how much he desired his mind and his body and longed to immerse himself freely in both... but that was exactly the overwhelming he was talking about. Restraint was still key.

Kerr satisfied himself with pressing a finger to Ben’s chin as he leant back, tipping his face upward. He poured his feelings into a kiss instead, moving hs mouth hungrily against Ben’s, pushing his tongue past soft red lips and thrusting against Ben’s, swiping and twirling to encourage a dance in which he drew Ben’s tongue into his mouth and sucked meaningfully on it before releasing it. The reaction in his own body was swift and exhilarating and after a bit more tasting, he pulled back with a cocky smile and glinting eyes, shifting his body against Ben’s in a manner that was less guarded and possibly too honest, considering the circumstances.

He was reminded they weren’t alone in the room by Digital and his affirmative aura dissipated with a rueful chuckle as he stepped slightly away from Ben.

Offline Malkavian Riddler

• Novelist
  • Minstrel Seeking Minstrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2019, 01:23:22 PM »
Helped to his feet by Kerr, Digital watched the two of them come together. His hands clasped together near his left shoulder, his head tilted that way. Ah, love. He smiled his approval as they spoke to one another, renewing vows and the pouring of emotions. His smile grew devilish when they kissed.

"You sure know how," Digital said to Kerr when they finally broke apart. He then hunted for his shoes, finding them a little way off, and slipped his feet into them once more. "Take a girl out on the town, would you?" he said, then giggled coquettishly and led the way out of the academy for a night of shopping and a new place to live!

He'd have to find his pet wolf later.
Digital: I drink from the poison chalice
Lan Bao: I reap the harvest of my people
Cain: I am the instrument that vampires play
Shan: I take what is mine and what is yours

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2019, 03:24:55 PM »
Ben smiled at Kerr's promise and was then swept away by the emotions that were poured into the kiss. It was breathtaking and comforting, like warmth and light. The taste of his sire was familiar and welcome, the style of his kiss recognisable and beautiful. He'd missed this - the passion that came with kisses like these.

When Kerr pulled back, he stared into the depth of his eyes and grinned, feeling like no words were enough to describe what he felt for him. He let it charge along their blood bond and only looked away when Digital spoke. He didn't recall exactly what Digital meant by knowing how (forgetting the line from before the dance), and chuckled at the Malkavian's actions as he headed out.

We're going to have our hands full with that one.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :