Author Topic: The Scattered  (Read 16727 times)

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
  • Mind my wicked words and tipsy topsy slurs
    • View Profile
Re: The Scattered
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2019, 12:03:40 PM »
"I never said I was expecting answers. I would like to attempt to get answers but am aware that the likelihood isn't high," she took a drag of her cigarette, "I'd rather try and be told no, than not do anything at all." She played with her cigarette in her hand a little, looking at it, thinking.

"You don't have to join us you know." She then mentioned to Monet "More numbers wouldn't hurt, but honestly I'm not going to sit here and try to convince someone set in their ways either. I don't really have much of a plan besides going to check the place out, I don't need much more then that right now. I know it's not empty, but it isn't like I'm unarmed either." She made mention, after what had happened to them all, she made damned sure she was armed to the teeth, but discreetly. She wasn't going to have any vampire come and kill her anytime soon.

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
  • four sins past SAINTHOOD.
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2019, 10:15:57 AM »
They both made fair points. She looked down at the beer in her hands for few moments, thinking about what the other two demons had just said. There was still so much bitterness that clouded her and she missed her cousins.

She was very familiar with fighting, rebelling, protesting for the rights of others. She was used to the hurt inside when other people suffered atrocities. This, however, was something new. She had a fighting spirit left, of course. But much of her energies nowadays were spent surviving at work, fighting with shitty living conditions in the West's only notable motel, finding answers for Min-Ji's family, dodging advice to come home from her parents. It was all so draining. All she ever wanted to do now was curl up and go to sleep, or drink until she found some kind of distraction from it all. And now she sat at a bar with a few others who she suspected knew what this whole angry-grief thing felt like.

Monet sighed through her nose, settling herself. She had started wrong. "So, what? Are you thinking about going tonight?" She wasn't prepared for such a thing - she had no abilities as caustic as a fire demon or a smoke demon. Her abilities were powerful over time - not something that would have helped if she were affronted while they were there. She had none of her usual guerilla protesting material and all of the exhaustion that came from being run into the ground in the kitchens of a Michelin star restaurant. If it came down to it, she would have no other skill than being quick on her (tired) feet. Would that even be enough?

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
  • Mind my wicked words and tipsy topsy slurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2019, 12:58:01 PM »
She took a nice long drag of her cigarette while watching Monet. Taking in her reactions, waiting and listening as to what her next response would be. A small yet warm smile spread upon her face when Monet had asked when they would be going.

"I'm down for tonight but understand it's quite a spontaneous move," she started as she finished her cigarette, "if either of you need more time to prepare, I can wait." Her tone was nonplussed about the situation. "But I do feel it best to go there not alone. If either of you need more time, it could also give me more time to be less spontaneous about it myself, and actually plan a bit ahead of time." She sat there, not just waiting for their responses at this point, but also a bit in thought.

Offline The Cedar Witch

• Novelist
  • Night among strangers. Secrets in the dark.
    • View Profile
    • Modern Magix
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2019, 01:10:55 AM »
On the one hand, waiting and regrouping another day would be smarter.  Fler was fresh from a fight and tired, but still coasting on adrenaline.  But would they actually follow through with it if they waited?  Or would it be better to take advantage of the energy and motivation now?

"I'm personally wiped myself, but I could go either way."  They paused, "What about tomorrow sometime during the day?"  If the agreed time was close enough to now, maybe they actually would show up.  And daytime made things less creepy.  At least that was what they were telling themself.
Anna/Odessa/Sonya || Astrid || Chtahzus'aak/Zeus || Extasis || Fler || Jeremiah || Laurent/Va'tamal || Malakai || Rachel || Vai
Old things have strange hungers. - Catherynne M. Valente

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
  • four sins past SAINTHOOD.
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2019, 07:59:43 AM »
She glanced between the two of them, unsure, but keeping it to herself. Exploring the Block was not an issue to her, but she knew very little - extremely little - about these two companions she rubbed elbows with. What would they be like in a volatile situation? Would they run? Would they stand their ground? Were they even who they said they were, interested in justice like they said they were?

"Then let's do this tomorrow, late afternoon," she decided evenly, thinking of her work schedule. "We're all too wiped to be at our best here. I know that I'd be able to rest and get what I needed ready. We'll meet at the dirt road off 102 West. Any objections?"