Author Topic: The Garden of Everything  (Read 14780 times)

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
  • Mind my wicked words and tipsy topsy slurs
    • View Profile
The Garden of Everything
« on: April 13, 2019, 02:12:17 PM »
He guided Samuel to his home from The Library, carrying his gathering from the Library in the reusable back. When they walked at times their hands would pass by and touch, and even occasionally intermingle for a moment. He enjoyed when that had happened, his heart racing a little bit, unsure of where this newfound nervousness was coming from. Once they got to the complex, he led them up to the 3rd floor where his apartment sat and unlocked the door for them, allowing Sam in.

"Excuse the pile of books next to the bean bag pillows," He mentioned, which was the only remotely messy thing in his whole apartment, "It's where I relax most of the time, sometimes I end up falling asleep there." He joked, but really the beanbag was large enough for the both of them comfortably to lay down on, and the long roll pillow on it that matched seemed to be a nice touch. He walked over and set the bag down next to the pile of books as he would clearly read them when he had a moment.

"But beyond that welcome to my place. I finally just got it to how I like maybe about a month ago. I feel kind of bad because I don't use the kitchen nearly as often as I should, however, I'm happy with what I have for now." He mentioned, he wasn't one to spend much money in the first place, so he had a comfortable savings account as well a nice place to live in, this took him a few years to finally accumulate and feel like an adult having been able to put this all together.

"The Keyboard sits in my room, follow me." He explained as he lead Sam into the back, and into his room, which also seemed very well put together and clean. He sat down on the bench that sat in front of his keyboard. Everything was a simple black color furniture wise. Probably made sense for someone like Dreki to have everything the same color, and Black was probably just the most common furniture color he found which is why he went for that. He motioned for Sam to sit down on his bed.

"Do you want to go first or should I?" Dreki asked not minding either option, but figured he would give his guest that option, again, worried he would somehow scare Sam off if he was too pushy or anything. He was excited to hear some of his poetry however.

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: The Garden of Everything
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 04:38:25 PM »
Samuel made polite comments as Dreki invited him into his place, making disbelieving noises as he waved away the notion of his book pile being a mess. He inspected the little nest with interest; he'd not seen beanbags like those before. It was curious to imagine Dreki curled up there, all alone and relaxing with his books. Sam thanked his host when he was welcomed officially, not caring a lick about the kitchen but following him to the keyboard eagerly.

His bedroom. Right. Sit on his bed? Okay. Sam moved to where he was motioned, trying to get into a position where he had a good view of Dreki's profile and his hands on the keys. The bed was very soft, it distracted him as he got comfortable. He smiled at the invitation to go first, feeling nervous suddenly. What the hell had he got himself into? It felt like the stakes were very high, mostly because of the room they were in.

"Uh, no, you look ready. Please, you go first. I can wait," he laughed, pulling his phone out of his pocket and paling it on the bed beside him in preparation. He tucked his fingers under his thighs, looking expectantly at Dreki.

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 06:05:09 PM »
He thanked Sam for most of the polite comments and surprised to know that Sam didn't think it was messy at all. He felt it was but was used to very prestine environments, mostly because of him and his dad being blind, and then the facility was medical grade so to Dreki that's what a mess was. Anything worse than that would shock him really.

He smiled and nodded, and began to play not looking at the piano. It was a tune that sounded happy and upbeat but layered with an undertone of sadness, much like how has been his feelings had been as of late. He layered happiness on top of feeling sad so maybe he can forget about being sad for a bit. It was short but also calming. Amazing how a piano could invoke such emotions all at once

"Sorry it's so short but I'm still writing it. What about a poem?" He smiled and turned to face Sam, still sitting on the piano bench. He seemed excited to hear it no matter how bad Sam might think it is. "Don't worry so hard about it, as I'll appreciate it either way." He remembered his mom reading to him and how calming it was, he wondered if this would be just as calming.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 08:25:02 PM »
Samuel watched Dreki's fingers flow across the keys like water, enchanted by the sounds that they created. Initially, he smiled, drawn in by the jaunty notes and nodding his head in time. Not long into the song, however, the flat notes floating beneath caused him to frown, the darker flavouring skewing the happiness into something... opposite. It made his heart ache, even though he was able to appreciate the song. He was smiling when Dreki swivelled towards him, despite being unsure the gesture would be seen. It would be heard in his voice.

"I'm sorry it's short, too, but only because it's lovely. Well, mostly. I love its complexity, it made me feel quite... conflicted, really - but in a good way!" he laughed wryly, picking up his phone. "Yeah, okay," he agreed, thumbing through his notes to find a poem that fitted the mood Dreki's playing had conjured. "Yours was definitely not crap, though," he muttered beneath his breath as he searched. When he found one that sort of matched, he cleared his throat, glancing over the phone to check Dreki was listening.

"Your light was strange.
New, distant, dazzling as I got closer -
something I'd never experienced.
Moon shining behind the funnelled clouds
- voluptuous and dark or wispy and white -
sucking up all my light
scattered and intense,
draining.
Wan patches of blue-black break through
and I don't have the strength
the conviction
the heart
to fight...
anymore."

Samuel's voice made its own music as he recited, changing volume and tempo for emphasis until it finished, vibrating with the helplessness he'd felt at the end of his relationship. He fell quiet, waiting for Dreki's response.

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 07:21:30 AM »
"I'm glad you like it. I'm not sure what more to do with it at this point to be honest," He had explained, "It's coming to a point where the song itself feels like a chore to me which is why I have yet to make it longer." Although lately to him most things felt like a chore, that he was going through the motions of life not doing anything. He wanted to 'shit or get off the pot' at this point but wasn't sure what to even do in regards to that, so he had welcomed strangers more easily into his life than not, he talked more about the facility than he probably should and he knew that in the back of his mind but something that he couldn't stop doing either, living a bit more risky than before.

He watched Sam as he recited his poem and paid attention to the verbal nuances he gave the words as he spoke. He could tell by the end that it came from a place of pain and understood that and in a way slightly jealous that Sam could channel his pain in such a way. Something in his heart hoped that Sam no longer felt the pain that caused him to write that.

"It's beautiful," He spoke with a warm smile, "I can tell there was some pain behind that when you wrote it with how you sung it. Not everyone can turn their sadness into such beauty. I actually struggle with doing as such myself and as a result I don't feel as if music is a proper outlet for me in that regards. The fact that it is a good outlet for you is fantastic." He used the phrase sung because it wasn't spoken as a normal conversation, but as an art piece, as a little mini song without music. Almost as if it was it's own unique version of Rap.

"Is that pain still there?" He asked "You don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable, but if it is still there, and if there is anything I could do to maybe ease it even a little, I'd like to." He's not even quite sure what compelled him to even say that, but it came from a spot of caring, and understanding that being in any form of emotional pain isn't exactly fun.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 09:50:07 AM »
“Thank you,” he said when Dreki complimented his poem. The man’s praise made him feel warm inside and, if he’d had any blood in him, his cheeks would have coloured from it. Hearing it out loud, he supposed he liked it and was proud of it himself, though it was quite short. He recalled being angry and rather empty when he wrote it, looking up at a sky filled with weird cloud shapes and the moonlight breaking through fetchingly.

“Oh, lord no! I’m well and truly over him now,” Sam grinned. “It’s been more than a year since we broke up. I thought he was someone he wasn’t so it was more a whole lot of embarrassment on my part than anything else. I was fooled by his charms. Idiot me,” he laughed. There was a bitter note to it.

“Bless your heart for the offer but you ease my pain just by reminding me there are nice guys still out there - I mean the pain of dating now, of course, not of a broken heart,” he said and winked. Belatedly, he realised Dreki wouldn’t see it so he added sound effects for emphasis, clicking twice in the back of his mouth. Yeah, that was stupid. He hastened to move the conversation along. “Would you sing somethin’ for me?”

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 11:03:13 AM »
"To be honest, I've never actually dated anyone ever," He mentioned a little embarrassed, "I've had plenty of one night stands so it's not like I'm inexperienced or anything, but I guess sex is just my hollow attempt at love for while I'm in the moment. Not that I'm not interested in dating anyone, I would love to have the chance but if the facility found out I'm sure it would just be someone new for them to dangle over my head." He sounded a bit sad and defeated with that last part also adding, "Plus I don't even know what my lifespan is anymore. I'm not sure if I will live as long as a normal mortal, if I'll die sooner than one, or even later than one, making me wonder if it is even worth it at this point. I'm pretty much cursed to be unlovable." That last sentence he played off more as a joke, as to not worry Sam, but part of him believed that. That with the Facility's involvement and that he may seriously outlive or be seriously outlived by his partner, causing great emotional pain by the death of whomever it ended up being, that there was nothing about him someone would risk those things to be with him.

He had blushed a little bit at Sam calling him nice and that alone had made him feel better. When Sam did the silly almost fingergun-esque noise he chuckled a little appreciating it no matter how silly it was, and when Sam Requested a song he nodded.

"Sure, it's not going to be one I wrote myself because none of my songs really have lyrics." He forewarned as he began to play a really calm and relaxed melody and sang along with it. His voice had a calming warmness to his that seemed to accompany the song incredibly well.

"Here you are, Daylight Star, Made out of miracles
Perfection of your own, You alone, Oh so incredible
Each atom sings to me, Set me free, From chains of the physical
Oh free me
Oh free me

The mirror melts, Somewhere else, Inside eternity
Where you, on outstretched wings, Sing within, The garden of everything
Where memories call to me, Backward dreams, Or phantom reality
Call to me
Call to me

So here we are lovers of lost dimensions
Burning supernovas, of all sound and sight
Every touch, a temptation
And for every sense, a sensation

Eyes of pure, Deep azure, Quite unbelievable
Sun's daughter, you've been made, Not to fade, Quite inconceivable
Each atom sings to me, Set me free, From chains of the physical
Oh free me
Oh free me

A love like ours, A starry flower, Through seasons and centuries
As rivers reach the sea, You reach me, With songs of your symmetry
A small boat, there will float, To far off coasts, The Isle of Infinity
Come with me
Come with me

Here we'll see, Love's lost tree, Made out of miracles
Emotions, crystal leaves, To cover me, And you in eternity
Each atom sings to us, Through the blood, Love is a miracle
Sing softly
Sing softly

So here we are lovers of lost dimensions
Every touch, a temptation
And for every sense, a sensation
So here we are twin stars, brilliant brightness
Lanterns lit by life for all the depths of night
And every day will return us
To arms of the ever eternal

So here we are, so far from earthly orbits
Where every day will return us
To arms of the ever eternal
Here we are, Here we are
Lovers of lost dimensions
Where every day will return us
To arms of the ever eternal"

He sang out to the full song, it was a song he thought was beautiful and matched the subject matter of what they were just talking about. It was a song that Dreki wanted to emotionally understand. Also with Sam's comment about his written song being short he choose a bit of a longer song, at being just over 5 minutes in length hoping that Sam might also enjoy the length a bit more. When finished he turned toward Sam wondering how he felt about his singing voice, the song, how well or poorly he played it, and whatever comment that Sam wanted to add by all means. He was a tad bit nervous, he wasn't quite sure why as he wasn't one to get stage fright over playing music.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 08:19:12 PM »
So Dreki had never been in a relationship, despite being twenty-eight. Damn. Samuel loved that he owned sleeping around for his pleasure - he deserved at least that - but he was sad because Dreki actually wanted more. And who didn't? Pretty songs and beautiful melodies like the one sung to him meant much less if there wasn't someone whose heart was also being tugged in time with yours. Having someone special meant someone to rely on, to share the good times with, to connect to the world around them in all new ways, through different eyes. Everyone deserved the chance to love and be loved in return. He couldn't laugh at Dreki's 'joke' about being unloveable.

As the song progressed, Sam lay back on Dreki's bed and closed his eyes, focussing on Dreki's voice. His enhanced hearing picked up a richness and timbre no mortal ears could ever detect, a beauty that wormed its way through his ears and into his chest, filling his heart up with wonder and admiration. He barely paid attention to the words - though they seemed lovely - he was swept away by the sounds affecting him. By the time Dreki finished, in fact, there were tears in his eyes and a radiance in his body that he couldn't deny. "That was beautiful," he said, his voice thick with emotion as he wiped at the corners of his eyes and sat up again. "You have a lovely voice," he smiled and it twisted cheekily as another descriptor occurred to him. "Truly angelic."

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 06:25:46 AM »
He seemed a little concerned when Sam didn't really react with his 'joke' as he expected him to. Maybe Sam saw through the Facade of the joke and realized Dreki actually felt that way? He kind of hoped not as he didn't want to embarrass himself further by actually admitting such a thing to someone. Once he finished the song and got Sam's reaction to his singing, he blushed a bit at Sam's phrase of 'Truly Angelic', and made it seem as if, maybe, he didn't choose the wrong species to have been experimented with. He was happy that Sam enjoyed the song, and enjoyed his singing, it actually cheered him up quite a bit.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it," he said with a smile, "Sometimes if I can't sleep I'll go down to a local bar, play some songs for the locals. Sometimes I take requests even. Never had anyone react in the way you had however." He seemed to really appreciate Sam's reaction to the singing itself, as he never had gotten such a compliment before on it.

"What about a Poem that you really like? Or what got you into Poetry?" He then asked, slightly curious. With him is was obvious on why he got into Music, or Languages. They are both very sound based things, and given how his world is nothing but sound it made sense. Of course his reasoning for liking books and enjoying reading was mostly because he didn't have friends growing up. Poetry to him was interesting and he wanted to know more about what drew Sam to it.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 07:33:56 PM »
Sam shrugged, feeling a little embarrassed that he'd been so affected by Dreki's singing. There was something so intimate and beautiful about having someone sing to you, up close and personal. There were still tingles running up and down his spine and, if he was honest, he was looking at Dreki with a lot more heat now. He wanted it to happen again but knew he was only going to become more attracted to Dreki if it did. Would it be worth pursuing someone who'd never had a relationship? Especially when he declared that he was afraid of that happening because he felt his nemeses would only hold his partner to ransom in some form? It would take a brave (or crazy) person.

Feeling a bit too emotional to offer up another poem just yet, Samuel focussed on the latter question. "I've always written," he shrugged. "When I was young it was... kind of a coded way of putting my feelings down without anyone knowing what I was talking about - my father was a politician and I saw many things that disturbed or inspired me, which I was supposed to keep to myself," he grinned. "When I got older... well, I just love words. Playing with them, choosing just the right one to evoke the perfect emotion, put an image in someone's mind. Well, my mind, really, because I don't really share them," he laughed, scratching his nose coyly.

"Does sleep evade you often?" he enquired, imagining Dreki turning up at a bar and singing like that in the middle of the night. Sam thought he'd be a puddle by the end of the set.

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 08:08:09 PM »
"Sleep evades me more than I'd like to admit, but apparently it's pretty common for blind people to have a messed up circadian rhythm. Something about not being able to percieve light ruins my ability to sleep, there is a mouthful of a name for it, but I sleep when I can, and tend to fall asleep when I read a bunch." He explained with a smile. He then got up and sat down on the bed next to Sam.

"You know, I'm sorry to hear that you saw a bunch of things you shouldn't have when you were younger. I did to, to an extent, probably not as bad as you as back when my parents were still alive, mostly just hear them argue about how to raise me." He said and put his arm around Sam's shoulders in a way to try and comfort him. "I'm here for you if you need it, much while you have been for me so far." He warmly smiled at Sam, hoping he wasn't being too forward with the arm around the shoulders thing, but he felt it appropriate for the moment.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 02:35:23 AM »
Samuel felt immensely guilty as Dreki comforted him. He briefly considered playing along and just using the sympathy as an excuse to stay close to the mortal angel but even as the thought occurred, he rejected it. That level of deception wasn't his default perspective, not naturally; he credited Vomas with skewing his way of thinking to becoming all about what advantages he could gain in any given situation. He was ashamed to note that his former love's influence still lingered in him in any form.

He pulled Dreki's arm off his shoulder and over his head, entwining his fingers with the warm digits at the end and cradling it tenderly between his own hands in his lap. "Naw, you're just about the sweetest thing I've met in a while. You don't have to worry about me. I'm only talking about slave deals, election bankrolls, blackmail and land trades - underhanded business shit performed in back rooms and under tables by people that have been dead for almost two centuries now. It's nothing, compared to what you've been through. Go through, even," he said softly.

Dreki was so warm and close and the emotions that his singing had roused were still floating in Sam's head, colouring his thoughts with affection for the youngling pressed up against him. He leant forward and pressed a kiss to the corner of his mouth, keeping it mostly on his cheek and chaste, just in case he was overstepping. "Thank you, for your kindness. It's more than I deserve."

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 05:05:42 AM »
He smiled when Sam moved his hand into his lap and held it with his two hands. He curled his fingers to hold onto and touch the back of Sam's hand, very much welcoming the embrace of his hand. He listened to Sam and the things he had gone through and honestly it sounded tough to him, to the point where he doesn't think he would have turned out nearly as well as Sam did if he had to witness all of that growing up, even if those perpetrators are dead now, it was still a hard way for a child to learn about the bad in the world. Then came the kiss on his cheek, near his lips. For a moment, it almost seemed as if Sam missed, but his words and demeanor didn't quite seem that way. He had blushed over the kiss, as he wasn't expecting it but he welcomed it. His heart rate raised quite a bit, out of suddenly feeling nervous. He was comfortable but felt nervous at the same time, a weird mix of emotions that Dreki wasn't quite used to. He rested his head on Sam's shoulder and smiled.

"I'm not so sure what I'm going through is worse than that. To learn about the evils of your world when just a child, and to know your family his committing or even help perpetrate them, is a really harsh lesson to learn. I wouldn't downplay that in the slightest." He said as he moved his free hand to rest on Sam's thigh, closer to the knee. He found Sam to be rather comforting, just his presence relaxed him. He wasn't sure what to make of these emotions he was currently feeling, but he didn't want the night to end, but when it eventually did, he would want to see Sam again. He hoped he wasn't being too physically forward, but given how Sam had just kissed him, he had a feeling that he wasn't.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 02:03:31 PM »
The combination of an increased heart rate, a head on his shoulder and a large, warm hand on his thigh captivated Samuel’s attention. He couldn’t think about scarring childhoods and whose life was the worst when Dreki was snuggled up so closely to him. It could be innocent, of course... but not very long ago the guy had been telling him how he enjoyed one night stands. Another combination for Sam to ponder; the voice and demeanour of an innocent angel, body and attitude of... a being far less repressed. Dreki was a delicious contradiction.

“You know, you and I seem to have this competitive thing going where we’re fighting to be the shittest at just about everything,” he chuckled, one of his hands holding Dreki’s in his lap, the other moving to cover and stroke the one on his thigh. “Maybe we should focus more on the stuff we’re good at,” he hinted, lifting his hand and putting it on Dreki’s thigh instead - except it was nowhere near his knee, it was much higher. Close enough for his little finger to brush ever so lightly over the bulge behind Dreki’s zipper. At the same time, he leant down and nuzzled Dreki’s hair, silently requesting he tilt his head back.

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2019, 02:28:16 PM »
"Oh? And just what are you suggesting?" He asked in a more playful tone, moving his head back in the way that Sam's nuzzle discussed him to.  He wasn't quite aiming for sex, but the idea was welcomed and showed it by complying with Sam's movements and he moved his hand up Sam's thigh high which that his pinky was just next to Sam's bulge. He felt slightly aroused by the sudden shift of tone, his heart beat became a bit faster with anticipation as to what was next. He shifted a bit to be closer, now sitting with their thighs touching.

"My neck is sensitive, even without being fed from. Light touches to it alone arouses me. What do you enjoy?" He asked in a sultry tone clearly wanting to make sure that Sam would enjoy himself as much as he knew he would be enjoying himself. His was so simple and yet effective, he wondered if Sam had anything similar, or if he should just start physically teasing him, which was another thing he enjoyed doing to his partners.