Author Topic: A Meeting Of The Minds  (Read 8712 times)

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: A Meeting Of The Minds
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2019, 08:43:20 PM »
"A few," Vincent said, his hand doing the 50/50 seesaw action because there were instruments he'd learnt that he was very out of practise in. "Perishable skills, I'm afraid, though I do keep my hand at the piano and guitar. Common instruments but also easiest to get lessons in," he said as though sharing a secret.

Vincent watched the phone inspection and misunderstood it. "I'll let you go do what you need to, you're a busy man Mr Galvin," he said with a grin, gesturing at the newly pocketed phone. "I can busy myself with my class notes, no worry."
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2019, 01:16:39 AM »
"Oh, no!" Kerr insisted, hastily pocketing his phone and waving his hands in a wiping motion before him, ashamed and wishing to delete his action. "It's not that! I'm not busy at all, you are. I was just checking I wasn't intruding too greatly on your preparation time - feel free to kick me out if you need to. But I'm curious, what took you to Korea?" he enquired, tilting his head and looking thoughtfully at Vincent as he continued their conversation.

His answer came from Owen. "We travel yearly. To expand my mind and increase my cultural awareness," he grinned. It sounded like a direct quote. "We've done it ever since I can remember," the young blond announced proudly, stepping up to his sire's side and slipping his hand into Vincent's comfortably.

"Admirable," Kerr commended, smiling at Owen and then looking at Vincent. "I've travelled extensively but Ben and I have only gone abroad twice. I think we both wish we had more time to devote to it but I was tied to the Oligarchy for years and now he has aspirations of leadership himself, I don't think we'll get the chance for a while yet. Where's your favourite place to visit?" he asked the couple, his gaze moving between them.

"Greece," Owen answered quickly. "It's where Vincent proposed," he smiled secretively at his husband, squeezing his hand reassuringly. It had also been the site of their relationship breaking down after that proposal but that didn't stop Owen remembering their holiday and the country fondly. Just because he'd been a stupid idiot at the end of their stay didn't ruin Greece's overall magic and its place in his heart.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2019, 09:32:34 PM »
Vincent knew of but was constantly astounded by Kerr's lack of travel with Ben. They had to make time for each other, and Ben was terribly ill-travelled. He should be exploring and discovering the world before locking himself down into leadership of a tiny portion of it. The world didn't begin and end in this city. He said nothing, however. It was not his business.

Vincent looked slyly at Owen. "Turkey," he announced, dropping a wink. "Owen was being seduced by a Turkish prince and I grew insanely jealous, thereby proving that I wanted Owen for myself."

Vincent had been calmly jealous and insanely frustrated, in fact, but it didn't make for as good a story. "I would love to revisit the thermal pools at Pamukkale. It was a peaceful, joyous place to watch the stars."

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2019, 10:53:40 PM »
Owen grinned sheepishly, rubbing his nose as he looked slyly at Vincent. "Yeeaaahhh," he drawled, "really peaceful and joyous. I'd definitely be cool with going back and trying them. With you," he smirked, recalling his experience with Sultan Sabri Khalif in the thermal pools. It was nothing compared to his memories of starting his relationship with Vincent in the luxurious confines of Sabri's palace, though. His heart swelled as he recalled that emotional, stimulating and eye-opening time of his life.

God, I love you but you are so wicked bringing Turkey up while we're at work, Owen murmured into Vincent's mind, releasing his hand in order to wrap his arms about his husband's waist and nuzzle a kiss against his throat.

Kerr's eyebrows lifted as Vincent was open about his relationship and favourite holiday destination; he was surprised to hear such details. Owen followed up by agreeing with Vincent then went quiet as he worked his way into his love's arms. A buzz of awareness told Kerr that they were communicating mentally and even though he didn't know the details of their exchange, he suddenly felt like he was intruding. The demonstration of their love also warmed him, making him long for Ben. He decided it was time for him to go home, though he wasn't sure exactly how to make his exit, after so recently asserting he had nowhere else to be.

"It sounds delightful," Kerr smiled gently, his gaze shifting between the couple, allowing the moment the gravitas it deserved. He decided honesty was his best strategy. "You two make me wish I was with Ben," he admitted softly. "I might take my leave after all. I look forward to hearing from you about our dinner. You'll make a reservation and call me, Vincent?" he prompted, wanting to be certain he'd understood his role correctly - Vincent seemed to know the management at Echelon so he would make the arrangements, all Ben and Kerr had to do was turn up.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2019, 10:59:40 PM »
"Absolutely," he said to Kerr, raising an eyebrow and side-eyeing Owen as another naughty remark made his way into his mind. He unsuccessfully hid his smile and bid Kerr farewell. He was looking forward to a nice evening out with another vampire couple. He hadn't done that so much lately and he thought it would be nice to exchange talk about historic events and exotic locales. Ben had a sharp enough mind to keep up with the conversation even though he didn't have the age or travel experience. It was a shame. "Looking forward to it."