• View Profile
Re: Touch
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2019, 10:10:44 AM »
Kerr’s brain kicked into high gear at first, telling him to

be calm
don’t overreact
let him come to you
don’t fuck this up

relax and act natural... but thinking in such situations wasn’t natural for him. Ben was usually the one whose brain didn’t turn off and Kerr just followed his feelings but that was impossible when your instincts might ruin the moment. If he touched back, or his desire became overwhelming then it would stop and he wanted Ben’s confidence to grow, he wanted them to make a good memory to overwrite the bad, he wanted Ben not to hate his own actions, he wanted... bah, it wasn’t about what he wanted!

His mind was a hornet’s nest and it made him hesitant in Ben’s hold. He tried to resist the closure of the embrace, knowing what would happen but his brain insisted he yield to Ben also, so he allowed himself to be positioned like a doll. He watched the hornets fly as Ben began kissing him, aware that if he let his concentration lapse for even a second, it would be his fault this brave gesture was ended and they’d be backsliding all the way to handholding and awkward smiles.

Kerr soon discovered that a funny thing happens when you fight your instincts, however; it doesn’t last. Especially when you’re attempting alien actions in a situation so familiar it’s imprinted on your bones.

Ben’s mouth moved against his and his resolve melted. So did his body. He relaxed into Ben, seduced by the promise of the intimacy he craved, rejoicing in the feel and smell and taste of the man he loved. Thoughts of reprisal and caution were replaced by feelings of care and adoration. He loved the feel of Ben’s chest against his, the security of his arms holding him close, the exhilaration of a tongue languorously exploring the cavity of his mouth and the reverence of his tongue.

Thus, Kerr’s overthinking about his expectations for the encounter shifted to a state of pure acceptance and appreciation. Thoughts were for times when Ben wasn’t entwined with him in bed, stoking his desire, exuding love through the tenderness of his touch. Kerr grew hard and wanting, cradled tightly between Ben’s hips but he didn’t press or rock. His hands caressed Ben’s back but they didn’t travel. His foot fitted itself to Ben’s, instep curved around instep but he didn’t rub. His jaw worked and his tongue slid against Ben’s but he didn’t dictate pace or angle, he savoured and received.

Pliant and feeling loved, Kerr accepted anything Ben was able to give, grateful to have him in his bed, in his heart, in his life.

Online Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2019, 04:56:46 PM »
It continued to feel artificial and unnatural. Ben thought it was because he was making himself do this, but shouldn't it be easier if he wanted to do it? He kept at it, hoping that it would finally click into place.

And then it did. When Kerr gave in, it suddenly felt real and familiar and good. Ben sighed into Kerr's mouth and kissed back with relief. Hands caressed back and forth, legs still entwined and locked into place. He could feel Kerr's desire against him but he wasn't game to advance them when he'd only just got settled into this with a lot of forging past his discomfort.

He just wanted to enjoy it. Relish it. Feel triumphant in it.

They kissed like that for what felt like ages, until Ben's phone chirped an alert. He ignored it for a moment, but apparently he'd set a proper alarm and now it was chiming incessantly, refusing to give in. Ben pulled away and gave Kerr an apologetic look.

"One sec, I'll turn that off," he said, but he was still going to check out what it was reminding him. He saw Murphy's name on the screen and frowned at it before the realisation struck him about why they were meeting up. In thirty minutes.

"Shit, I have to shower. I have... um... meetings," he said, turning to look at Kerr. "Having a chat to Murphy about... about siring him." Kerr knew what the talk was going to be about. They'd talked about it already. "And then Samuel's coming over after him. Do you remember him? The librarian?" He figured Kerr would have a pretty good memory of him - it hadn't been so long for Kerr since the Oligarchy had fallen. It wasn't lost on him that Ben had three years of experience without memory, and Kerr had no memory or experience of eighteen months worth of time. They could both understand best what was going on with the other.

He wondered if Ichabod had prepared a contract specifically for Samuel yet. It would have been emailed to him, if so.

He looked back at Kerr and felt bad that they'd finally got something going and now it was being interrupted.

INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2019, 06:29:37 PM »
Kerr smiled dreamily, emerging reluctantly from the bliss of reconnecting with Ben, chuckling at him having meetings. Ah, the demands of living a political life - not that tonight's meetings were particularly political. Still, the first would be difficult. Emotional. Kerr reached across and touched Ben's arm gently.

"I remember Sam well. I spoke to him last night, in fact. Do you... want me with you in any of these meetings?" he offered cautiously.

He doubted he'd be of any use - he was probably going to be talked about a great deal in the Murphy meeting and it would be easier for them if he wasn't present - but he was willing to be there, if necessary. Anything for Ben. He could just as easily spend his evening making phone calls to previous Oligarchy donors and inviting them to return to the Luminary as Lovebite Sweets.

Online Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2019, 06:54:43 PM »
Ben gave Kerr a startled look, wondering if he wanted to be present at any of those meetings.

"Um. The first one will be awkward if you're there. The second is just me explaining terms and stuff to Samuel. He said something funny to me last night about Vomas losing all the money he stole, so... yeah, I want to get the details on that." He shrugged. "It starts at ten. I'll be taking him to one of the smaller meeting rooms on the second floor if you want in. But, if you want to get organised with other stuff - I know we have a lot to do. Maybe Digital has some news and where he's up to."

Ben was heading for the shower and if there weren't any more pertinent questions, he would get ready for Murphy's visit.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2019, 09:16:45 PM »
"I'll find something to keep me busy, I'm sure," Kerr nodded. "I love you," he added, grinning as Ben headed into the bathroom to get ready. Kerr rolled over, planning to dally in the bed a little longer; long enough, anyway, to get his night off to a proper, satisfactory start.

continued in Promises of Eternity