Author Topic: Perfect Illusion  (Read 18099 times)

Offline pentagrandma

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Illusion
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2019, 04:49:05 PM »
“Mm,” Ash hummed indecisively, before ultimately favoring, “Elevator.” Sure, going down was easier than going up, but she hadn’t the patience to descend six floors - nor did she wish to subject Dreki to any undue strain.

With his more serious shift in tone, she flicked her gaze briefly toward him. “You’re lucky you have me here to protect you,” she teased, punctuating the words with a soft little breeze of laughter. The city was more dangerous than her hometown, she knew; nevertheless, she was oblivious to any threat beyond that of the ordinary. A slight woman and a blind man made for easy targets, but Dreki didn’t look blind, so they’d be fine, right? “We’ll be okay,” she agreed with an easy roll of her shoulders, carrying on with an unhelpful, “However you want to get there is fine by me.”

Upon finally reaching the elevator, she extended her free hand toward the panel press the appropriate button - the fingertips twined in his briefly flexing in time. Both movements were repeated once they were inside, before she moved to tuck herself (and Dreki, by way of a gentle tug) into one of the back corners of the small space, and lean against the handrail.

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
  • Mind my wicked words and tipsy topsy slurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2019, 06:02:03 PM »
He had followed her to the elevators, and stepped in, allowing her to pull him to one of the back corners. He had pulled out his phone to request an Uber, figuring it would be a bit faster, comfortable, and private of a ride. Sometimes the noise on the public transport could get to him and make him irritable and he was also trying to avoid that. He did it without looking at his phone and without listening to it, almost as if he knew exactly where he kept the app on his phone and how to request, he's done it enough times.

"I certainly feel lucky to have you as a protector." He spoke with a large smile, understanding her teasing him and him leaning into it a bit, "Figure taking Uber might be best, not only will you not have to work so hard at protecting me, sometimes the noises in public transport can get a little loud for my liking. Should be here by the time we get outside." He showed her the screen of his phone, which showed where the driver was and the license plate number. "I don't have the volume on to tell me what the license plate is, let me know once you've got it so we can easily find the car." Once she confirmed she could recognize the car, he would put his phone away. He leaned against the handrail himself and once they got to the first floor, he walked out of the elevator with Ash, and made his way outside with her, letting her guide him to the correct car.

Offline pentagrandma

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2019, 07:49:48 AM »
Another muted chime of laughter rang forth, following the encouragement of her joke. “You’re right,” she responded, with a firm dip of her chin. “Better to keep my strength on reserve. You know, just in case.” Her own smile spread, wide and sunny; and she took a moment to openly admire his.

When Dreki had angled his phone toward her to look upon, her free hand lifted in a bid to steady; fingertips skimming over his. Usually, she’d have taken care to avoid contact in similar scenarios, but they were already holding hands. What was a little extra casual touch among friends? She peered at the screen for a moment - memorizing the make and model of the car, the last three characters of its plates, and even the name of the driver. “Got it,” she announced, relinquishing her partial-grasp of his phone.

By the time they’d stepped outside of the museum’s front doors - and were subsequently blasted with the cool, night air - the car was already at the curb, hazards blinking. “He’s here!” Ash informed, rising her free hand anew to signal the driver. She untangled her fingers from Dreki’s, and stooped before the passenger side window to confirm, with a smile, “Your name?” Never too careful. After all, she was Dreki’s protector for the evening.

Everything seemed to check out. In a chivalrous display, she tugged open the door to the backseat, and stepped aside to allow for Dreki’s entry - intending to slide into the seat after him.

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2019, 08:29:45 AM »
His smile was rather warm and jubilant with the jokes they had made, and had followed her to the car. Once everythi g had checked out, and she opened the door for him, a small laugh escaped him as he got in.

"So not only are you my protector tonight, but a guide, and a door person? Whatever did I do.to get so lucky?" He smiled as he slid over to the other side, allowing her to get in. He felt a little cramped behind the driver but it wasn't too bad, after all he was just tall. He buckled up.without issue, and angled his body so he could face her and talk while in the car.

"So you said you like to draw Comics, do you have like a genre you like to do? Do you do one shots?" He was trying to get to know her a bit more, maybe what kind of storyteller she was, what her imagine gravitated towards. He also enjoyed reading and while he couldn't really read comics, maybe her describing a bit would open up his world a bit.

Offline pentagrandma

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2019, 03:50:38 PM »
Following the closing of the car door, Aislin had likewise buckled up in her seat. She made note of the angle of his legs, and the lack of appropriate space for them, but all too late - they were already in motion.

“Ah, your legs!” She blurted, sucking in a soft gasp. “I should have gotten in first, I’m sorry! ... Are you very uncomfortable? If you scoot into the middle, I can climb over you.” The offer was out before she could give it any real thought. It wouldn’t be very dignified, but she could. God, how awkward. How long of a drive was it to the cafe? ... “Unless it’s a short ride,” came her belated amendment, out of hope that Dreki would opt against. Think before you speak, Ash.

With a clearing of her throat, she answered, “Right now I just do mini-shorts. Eventually I’d like to depict a full storyline, with a plot and several volumes; I just haven’t decided what it’ll be about yet.” She fidgeted for a moment, then tucked her hands beneath her thighs. “I’ve done a couple of cutesier narratives, but I generally go for darker themes. Suspense, horror, that sort of thing.”

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2019, 04:42:57 AM »
"No no, I'm fine, I'm comfortable" he explained with a smile "the world isn't built for someone who is over 6 feet tall, and it will be fine until we get to the cafe, if I had to stay like this for a half hour or more, then maybe I'd take you up on your offer, but I'll be fine." He didn't want her to put herself out of her way, plus the driver was driving and if an accident happe Ed he wanted her to be safe at least. He was told him mother died in a car accident, and while he wasn't there for that, he didn't want to think about that happening to someone he knew, someone he's grown to care about now. He didn't want Ash to run into harm's way and would feel anxious if she unbuckled before they got there.

"What type of horror do you prefer to write?" He asked noting her possible embarrassment? on the whole Cutesy admission. He didn't push further on that one, not sure if he should or not. But it would not be long before they made it to Sanctuary.