Author Topic: Restless Heart  (Read 11813 times)

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Restless Heart
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2019, 09:25:26 PM »
Win smiled back but the openness of the relationship surprised him. Cub had outright said that he and his sire weren't together, but if the relationship between Ben and Kerr was open, then why not? Cub was sexy as hell. Perhaps he didn't want to be the afterthought between them, perhaps he wanted a closed relationship of his own. He seemed to have a straighter edge to him than Kerr, if Win remembered correctly. He pushed the memory of Cub away to be more in this moment.

His hand returned to Kerr's on his leg. "Tell me about Ben," he requested.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2019, 03:49:36 AM »
Win immediately scored points for asking about Kerr's favourite topic and he launched into an enthusiastic description of his beloved, the smile on his face besotted, broadcasting the strength of his love. As he spoke, his hand occasionally lifted to emphasise certain talking points but it always fell back onto Win's thigh, squeezing and rubbing. He enjoyed the feel of the solidly-sculpted muscle beneath, the denim smooth and tight around it.

"Ben? Well, he's amazing, so I'll start there," he laughed warmly. "We met in a club like Venture, randomly, one night many years ago. I was heading out for a date - with a woman, because I'd mainly been with them, apart from a few one night things that had happened decades earlier (... no, make that centuries, actually) - and I drank from him. He made a strong first impression and our connection was... well it blew my mind, frankly. I had to see more of him but I had a really overbearing and possessive sire that I didn't want him to get too close to. That was why I didn't sire him straight away or on my own, in the end. We've been together - occasionally off but mostly on - for thirteen years. We've only recently decided to make our relationship open so we're still feeling our way through that. You're the first person I've kissed since we made the decision, in fact.

"But anyway, our most recent separation happened about two years ago and it was accidental. I went into an alternate dimension where time moved differently - I know, it sounds crazy, right?! But it's true, I swear. When I came out, eighteen months here had passed and Ben and Ichabod thought I was dead. It was, uh, an emotional reunion, to say the least. That was about five or so months ago now and our relationship is stronger than ever. God, I love him. But we're really different. They say opposites attract? They're not wrong because that's us! Ben's really controlled and quiet, he's never over-emotional or led astray by his heart. He's incredibly intelligent and astute, he thinks everything through to the nth degree and he's a brilliant strategist. He's currently trying to get elected to a leadership position in our part of the city - it's divided into districts and each one is run by a different supernatural. He's contesting the leadership of City Central. There's an election in a few months. If you're still staying at The Luminary, you'll be allowed to vote. For Ben, of course," Kerr winked, laughing at his own half-joke.

"What else? Um... oh! He's way better looking than me, I'm absolutely punching above my weight, as the saying goes - he used to model. He's blond, which wasn't particularly my type until he came along, and he has amazing eyes. He's shorter than me. He has a quiet sense of humour that not everyone gets to see and he's generally a very private person, where I'll tell you anything and everything if you show an interest and stand still long enough to listen. We've argued about it. I'm trying to be more reserved but... I'm not doing a very good job of it, am I?" Kerr laughed again, having shared so much (in an effort to prepare Win for the man he would meet, so he'd hopefully win Ben over - pun unintended but appreciated) already.

He could have talked about Ben for hours (risking his lover's ire because he shared far more details about their lives than Ben would be comfortable with) but they'd arrived at The Luminary and he'd parked the car as he laughed about his generous sharing of information. He grabbed his phone and keys and used celerity in order to be at Win's door, opening it for his exit and smiling at him. His thoughts strayed off the topic of his true love once he was looking at Win properly again and he began thinking about the self control he'd need to display in the lift heading up to the penthouse. It wouldn't do to fall into his home in the same state he and Win had got into against his car.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2019, 08:03:19 AM »
Apparently 'tell me about Ben' was the way to get Kerr in a very good mood. He filled the entire car ride with Ben's virtues and a little of his reserved personality, giving Win a headstart about how to impress the guy. The more Kerr talked about Ben, the more Win wanted to meet him. It had been a passing interest at the start but Kerr had sold him pretty hard. He'd been intimate with 'controlled, deeply thinking' men before, enough to understand that they tended towards being dominant but generous lovers usually because they liked seeing the reactions of their partners as maneouvres were performed upon them. Not too many were outside that formula. He figured Kerr would be passionate and the one to lose himself. Win liked the idea of two very different interactions at the same time. Most of the time when he picked up multiples, they tended to be similar in thought and action.

The building they approached was the tallest in the block, though there were other, potentially taller ones that they'd passed on the drive. It was a glass monument but also had a peculiarly 'older' appeal, as though the building had been a super modern structure some fifty years ago. If that was the case, it might have once held the record of the tallest building in the city. He wondered if that was when Kerr had bought it. They drove slightly past it and entered down a ramp that turned and led them under the building. Instead of going deeper underground, Kerr parked in a space that had a sign posted 'reserved' on it. A turqoise muscle car was parked in the other reserved spot beside it. Was that Ben's car? It didn't fit the profile he'd been given, but that only made Kerr's partner more interesting.

Kerr hopped out hurriedly and Win dawdled on purpose because Kerr had opened the car door for him to get in, so it made sense that he would open it for him to get out. Win fiddled with the seatbelt a little too long and by the time it was fully retracted, the car door swung open. He'd tracked Kerr's progress in the mirror, aware he was moving faster than normal but Win could keep up with him. He stepped out and stood with a smile.

"Thanks," he said, being gracious as the car door shut and was locked behind him. He walked by Kerr, holding hands again, to the lift, and found himself studying him. When they'd first met, there'd been a sense of mystery but now Win had a good feel for the other. He liked him; he liked his openness, that he didn't put on airs, that he wasn't embarrassed to talk up his partner and that he was clearly in love, that he was honest about where their relationship was. Win felt prepared when walking in - not something that usually happened on a pick-up.

The lift opened and Win stepped in with Kerr, not watching what button he pressed too closely because he was admiring the way Kerr's muscles moved under his clothing, pulling the fabric taut. He was broad in the shoulders and a lot more muscular than Win himself. He'd felt thick in his pants when Win had been pressed up against him, so potentially he was big everywhere. Thinking about his body stirred Win enough that he had to face the front and cool himself down. He didn't think meeting Ben with a tent in his pants would be a good first impression.

"Am I meeting my room or Ben first?" he asked.

(Continued in Great Expectations)
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :