Author Topic: Sizing Up  (Read 15319 times)

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
  • four sins past SAINTHOOD.
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
Re: Sizing Up
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2019, 10:10:51 AM »
Damien sighed through his nose. It was not good news, but if they were being even somewhat transparent, Decker needed to know what Damien didn't know. "We assume so. He took on the figure of an ex-associate of mine whilst fighting my son, though I'm told the visage was slightly off. He can also morph into these shadowy figures. Pierre ended up fighting him as some kind of panther."

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2019, 10:24:32 AM »
"Would your research and notes be available to the person offered this position?" Decker asked. He didn't like the idea of going in blind at the start. He would have a lot of reading to do in the first few nights.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2019, 10:31:17 AM »
"Of course." The corners of his mouth turned up. "If the person in this position were to find anything more than my private investigators, they would find themselves rewarded appropriately, too."

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2019, 10:34:14 AM »
"Not my strength," Decker said. People who investigated information had to have people skills, contacts and connections. He supposed he could start that up again but it took time and meant rubbing shoulders with the type of men and women who he'd moved cities to get away from in the first place for a fresh start. "That's all I can think of for now."

He expected to be dismissed so Rachel and Damien could talk about him once he left.

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2019, 10:57:59 AM »
Damien nodded his understanding and inhaled deeply, relief filling his chest now that the interview was drawing to a close. "Alright then. Rachel and I will be making a decision before the end of the week." He stood, adjusting his clothing and extending his hand to shake Decker's once more. "Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me about them." His tone was polite, though lacked any kind of personal warmth. In truth, part of him hoped to never see the human again.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2019, 11:01:53 AM »
Decker, who'd warmed up to the idea of the job by the end of the interview, shook Damien's hand, nodded and then turned to Rachel to give her a nod as well before he stood and left.