Author Topic: Blood & Bears  (Read 6919 times)

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Blood & Bears
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2019, 09:08:48 PM »
Kerr chuckled, holding up his hands in a gesture of surrender when Dominik queried whether he should be making such an offer. "I promise I'm not stepping on his toes and it's nothing official, I was just-" he broke off when his companion kept talking. He lowered his hands and nodded before he shook his head.

"Yeah, it was a strange thing, a shifter in charge of decisions about another species. Disappointing. Werewolves just... generally aren't into following rules or obeying an organised structure, I guess. Hopefully we'll be able to find someone for them this time around, considering it'd be a much less formal thing. I think it's fortuitous that you've returned when you have. I was just saying to Ben the other night that I'd have to hunt Tau down but he was never really willing, either. We'd prefer someone who cares about the city and the role - if it comes to pass," he grinned conspiratorially, winking at Dominik.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2019, 04:47:50 PM »
"I think that saying werewolves in general aren't good at those things is a very sweeping statement. It would just be a case of finding the right one," Dom said, raising an eyebrow, slightly surprised that the previous Luminary would make such assumptions about a group of people who just happened to have the same curse.

"Since I was planning on going with Caden the first couple of times, perhaps I could scope out the monthly lock-ins to see whether anyone stands out. I can ask Caden to keep an eye out as well," Dom suggested and gave a soft smile at Kerr, "And if you're unable to find Tau, you know where I'll be," he added. Maybe he hadn't especially wanted to be leader previously, but if there was a spot and no one else suitable, he would step up.

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2019, 02:16:14 PM »
"Oh no, I didn't say they weren't good at it, I just mean that I gathered no-one was interested in stepping forward to take on the role," Kerr clarified, "because none of them did. I'd appreciate you looking around for us. I'd much prefer a werewolf make decisions for their species. You don't think Caden would be interested, I assume?" he prompted, thinking that someone known and who'd been around to witness the original Oligarchy structure was preferable to an unknown.

Caden had been Dominik's ward back then and the timing hadn't been right, Kerr supposed, but that didn't mean he wouldn't be interested now.