Author Topic: The Soul Thief  (Read 9489 times)

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
The Soul Thief
« on: August 23, 2019, 02:57:59 AM »
Reserved

Apep hit his bong, filling his lungs with smoke and coughing as his exhaled through his nose. He wore basketball shorts, and a tank top. His hair was shiny and curly and upon his finger was his soulgem, which was currently empty. This was office hours, the period where clients came to buy or sell, and so far business was slow. He'd pulled off a big sale for the thin blood soul, and wasn't worried the word wasn't quite out on his skills and such. He'd met a weather demon he'd sold a few human souls to, a fire demon who'd wanted information, and he'd sold a cursed monkey paw to a witch in exchange for some souls. The necromancer had placed another order, a very special egg, and Apep had informed her he'd import it soon.

He wasn't expecting company, so when his door was banged on by another gang member, he popped to attention.

"Customer," the Scaeri Tu, told him. Apep nodded. "Send the motherfucker down."
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
Re: The Soul Thief
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 08:34:16 AM »
Mitchelletto had heard various rumours that a Scaeri gang had been spotted outside of the city, after a few days of chasing down the information he had found their lair, pleased his skills had not waned since he was displaced from the Sabbat. He surveillance the house using Obfuscate to see who had come and gone from the house, riff-raff mostly, demons that had been misplaced since Zeus's absence. Even a necromancer visited the house, he took note of her, he could use her skills for later; then break the bitch. That made him smile.

Returning to the house days later, after he was satisfied with what he had witnessed, he wore an ebony wife-beater, dark blue jeans and some simple off-brand raven black sneakers. His stylish jacket was pure black cow leather that looked well taken care of, he knocked on the door and a Scaeri demon answered the door. Mitch took note of the demon for later, he gave Mitch a suspicious stare.

"You here to give us an estimate on the tiles in the bathroom?" Mitch nodded with a smile and was allowed entry. He had played this game all his life and he felt comfortable inside the demons den. The Scaeri demon told him to wait and within minutes returned and pointed him in the right direction.

"Good Evening. Thank you for seeing me on such short notice," picking up on the earthy smell of herb in the room, wondering if the Scaeri would offer any? Unlike Laurent, he had no problem getting high and sampling the product, seeing no problem with mixing a few recreational drugs and business.

"I understand you are an expert in hard to acquire items," a wicked smile crossed his lips.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 04:17:53 AM »
Apep looked over the empty vessel, everything special about him being gone. The Scaeri called them shells, soulless men and women who wandered through the remainder of their lives facing only oblivion. Apep thought their was no greater fool than a being who would part with theirs, his own guarded by ancient charms. It was a person's sense of connection to the energy of the universe, their essence, path, and destiny. There was no price high enough to force Apep to sell, no amount of greed, or reversibly selflessness could move his heart. He valued one thing; his continued survival and ability to do business.

His rather harsh assessment was gone from his welcoming eyes and beautiful smile. The snake demon would do business with this vampire. He may not have a soul to sell, but their were other prices he would accept. He felt powerful, magic radiating about him. Apep was something closed to reserved. He heard the comment, and took it as a compliment. He was that, and much more.

Apep shrugged, looking calm and easy as he did so. "I know my way around the black market," he said modestly, preferring to let others sing his praises for him. Cocky though he was, he knew how such cockiness read to others. "Is there something you'd like me to acquire for you, or are you here to sell me something?"

He didn't verbally offer the bong, but slid it and the lighter over to Mitch's position. He pointed to the bowl, indicating that he could smoke if he liked. It was good shit he'd bought off the necromancer. She'd been a generous guest.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 09:38:05 AM »
"Thank you kindly," an appreciative grin carved on his face.

Mitch grabbed the bong with nimble fingers, for an old goat he did know how to work a bong, but he left the lighter. A small flame from his thumb appeared, swirling mass of bright purple and pulsating black, inhaling deep and pulling the bowl. The water gurgled at a steady pace, he wondered if this is what the necromancer supplied? A large thick cloud of smoke escaped his smiling lips, grey and white smoke curled around his olive tan complexion.

"You have good taste," returning the bong to Apep. Signalling that his hand was free to light the bowl for the demon, magical herb and balefire were an appropriate mix.

"I'll keep your selling services in mind," getting down to business. "Can you aquire the drug Kalif?" Mitch casually leaned back in his seat, positioning his elbow over the back of the chair, clasping his hands in a relaxed posture, one over top the other.

If Mitch could find Kalif or a damn good substitute that was a bonus for tonight. Right now, Mitch was testing the waters of Apep's knowledge before he moved on to what he was really seeking, the Bone Harp. A scared artifact of the Assamite Clan thought to be a myth and lost long ago, its description vague in ancient passages and continued within today's modern records. However, Mitch was confident through modern information it somehow ended up in the city through whatever means, or there was an ancient text here that pointed to the exact location.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 01:10:20 PM »
Apep let the corners of his mouth move into a full and beaming smile. He moved to his vault and after rummaging for a bit, pulled out a package and tossed it to Mitch.

"It's not as fresh as I'm sure you'd like," he prefaced. "But it's in stock, and I guarantee other than Saint Sabrina I'm the only one who's got it. I might be able to get you something real fresh and potent, but..."

He trailed off, walking to the bong and hitting it seductively. His lips rounded the head of the shaft, but his eyes never left Mitch's face. He took the lighter, and cornered the bowl, pulling it out of the base in order to better inhale the smoke. He held it in for several seconds, and still his eyes held his guest's. Finally, slowly, he let the smoke trickle of him.

"If you want something that fresh, you should tell me what you're prepared to offer me. For what I just gave you I'll take cash."
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 04:41:54 PM »
Mitch released a sinful chuckled from his lips as the Kalif came flying through the air, like a cat catching a mouse he snatched it while in mid-air. Twirling the hashish substance in his hand, it was a marijuana plant that was mystically fed on vampire vitae, hard to grow properly and get it to harvest in this western side of the world. Taking note of that name Saint Sabrina again, another damned woman, but the question lingered, was she just as powerful as Maria? Having another witch of equal power could prove problematic for his plans. Fucking women.

Apep's little sexy act caught the vampires full attention, the way Apep's gorgeous mouth rounded the shaft had Mitch instantly fantasizing about having sex with the demon. Mitch played it cool and looked over the demon with a hint of attraction towards Apep, the demon was adorable. His eyes shining with curiosity and willingness to play this delightfully sensual game that had been started, a dangerous game nonetheless as he placed the Kalif back on the table.

"I could think of a few things," his voice teased the demon while his eyes playfully sparkled, "perhaps some powerful vampire vitae would be of use to you? A poison perhaps? Or a ritual?" Navigating the conversation back to business before things got too sexy again, there would be plenty of time for that in a bit.

"Truth of Blood or Essence of Air are some of the unique potions I can conjure up for you as payment too," giving the demon plenty of options to choose from at the moment.

Mitchelletto remained quiet on the subject of the Bone Harp wanting to assess Apep further, a nice breath of fresh air and the young demon truly piqued the vampire's interest.
Impressed that the demon had Kalif in his possession, that Mitch did not foresee. He had met others who couldn't find their ass with their own two hands and it was a pleasure to have someone competent in his presence.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 02:22:09 AM »
Apep listened as Mitch explained, eyes scanning him up and down. He hoped Mitch noticed these looks. They were for him after all. He'd heard of these rare blood poisons, and true potions. Flying was neat, but they'd all be resell. Snake's weren't a fan of the air, and had other ways of making people talk.

"Your potions are a fair trade for the drugs," he said, letting it seem as though they were just so. "I make a much better poison in my fangs than your magic can though."

He moved over to a couch. Perhaps there was nothing more to this deal, but Apep doubted that was the case. He motioned for Mitch to join him, lounging openly.

"But why are you really here," he asked, raising his eyes to meet his customer's. 
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 05:52:02 AM »
"I'll try some venom you don't mind," additional money in the demons pockets, the vampire's attention turned to business again.

"Your a smart cookie aren't you," his voice humming with satisfaction, "to be fair I had to verify you weren't a fraud," giving Apep an apologetic shrug.

Rising from the table as Apep gestured for him to join him on the couch, making a note to put on a display of stretches, particularly his shoulders and back to raise his shirt up. Making a point to disclose part of his seductive six-pack, never taking his gaze off Apep sauntering gracefully over to the couch. Enjoying this sexy tease they both had going on at the moment,

Mitch deliberately sat down next to Apep within inches of touching the snake demon, his sexual craving present and accompanied by a sensual smile broadened on his lips at the mention of the demon venom. He thought of Nikolai at this moment and how he could use the demon venom to hook the boy into submission, but for all Apep knew Mitch was taken aback by the young demons face; he was gorgeous.

"I seek the Bone Harp. A sacred artifact of my clan," it was a name that was long mistaken as a musical instrument but was not. All the ancient texts mentioned in one form or another the Bone Harp could change shape, that was agreed. However, there are other cryptic texts that reveal other abilities the Bone Harp may retain and to test them out one needed the artifact in hand.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 06:08:18 AM »
Apep looked like a young man, and by Scarei standards he was still a youth. However, being over a hundred had it's advantages, particularity the amount of time one get's to read. Apep had chosen this line of work, because he loved history. As a boy he read countless books on ancient treasures, some real and some pure fantasy. His parents had been avid art collectors, and treasure seekers themselves, and it was from them Apep learned the tools of his trade. He looked a fool, but that was the idea. Most people liked a fool as their opposite in a deal, but Mitch was another type, and Apep had just noticed.

Mitch loved power. It was clear from his whole persona. He wanted Apep to be the man, to fill in for the role a Sabbat ancient once filled. Death and destruction were only his trades, and with no soul he could never really have passion. He'd filled that void with lust and gluttony, but it was domination and submission that drove him, and Apep seemed to be moving towards a dominant position.

"I may have heard of it," he hinted, never really confirming or denying anything if he didn't have to. "I may have also heard that it's in the city. Something that large makes a pretty decent splash. I'd considered snatching it myself, but didn't see the potential pay off to me personally. Half a job is the buyer, and oh, look, here you are."

Apep tapped Mitch's exposed abdomen with his finger tips, sliding them down just a touch, and then pulling back into a comfortable looking position. His aura begged him to join. He'd wondered if Mitch had hit the bong as a courtesy. Vampires needed laced blood to get high, unless it was Venom. That he could inject straight into the bloodstream.  "As for your venom," he said, smiling and revealing pretty white fangs. "Come get some."
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 07:01:49 AM »
"That is what I have gathered," keeping it strictly professional to tease Apep for those fingers did not go unnoticed, "or an ancient text that points to its exact location," enjoying Apep just as much as the competition of passing information back and forth.

Ultimately he couldn't help but give in to those lovely fangs, resting a hand between the demons long legs, craving to stroke Apep's inner thigh but Mitch's temptation was warded off for his anticipation of the demons bite. Leaning in close and cradling his head on Apep to better expose his neck to those pearly white fangs, this was comparative to the night he fucked Laurent, the hours of hot, sexy foreplay he had with the demon; two demons now. Both he enjoyed playing the submissive role, was it a demon thing maybe?

"Can I have it now?" His voice pleading Apep to deliver his poison, playing into the whole submissive vibe Mitchelletto had going on right now. He let the demon have his fun.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2019, 12:38:18 AM »
Apep let himself looked teased, forming a small pout on his pretty lips. He listened as Mitch explained his knowledge of the artifact in question, and knew for a fact that the real thing was in town. He would give this obvious addict the dosage he requested, but not until business was done. They had yet to strike a deal, and for Apep there was no greater turn on then money and a binding contract.

"Before any more fun takes place," he said, softly and seductively. "There is the matter of my price. I assume you want me to steal it for you. For that, I require something of equal value. What do you have to offer?"

He kept his fangs visible. He didn't want Mitch to think he wouldn't do the deed. He just wanted thing settled between them. Otherwise it was just sex, and Apep didn't do anything for free, even pleasure himself.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2019, 01:04:55 PM »
"Well... I guess I could obtain the Eye of Apophis as equal value," insatiable eye's smouldering at Apep. Mitch had the crystal ball in a safe house in a remote place only he had access too. Along with other trinkets, antiques and artifacts. All magical and carefully smuggled out of Alamut over numerous occasions, largely for himself but the Sabbat had some too.

Written down in multiple cultures throughout past records there had been a number of bizarre solar eclipses that had appeared, none in recent nights. Rumour was it had been well over a thousand years since a magical solar eclipse had been called to cover this world in darkness and only for a time it was not forever. Mitch had no desire for such a trinket after finding out the solar eclipse was only temporary and it was a modest trade for the Bone Harp.

Mitch hid a sly smile from Apep. Unless he knew how to use the Eye of Apophis which had not been done in over a thousand years it be useless to him too. A sacred decorative piece of history nothing more.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2019, 05:41:21 PM »
Apep's perfect little mask came close to breaking, but at his core Apep was a thief and stealer of souls. He would never crack, not even when something as valuable as the Eye of Apophis. Mitch was a fool to trade it away, even for something as powerful as the Bone Harp. He had no use for the later, but the Eye was invaluable.

"That is an acceptable trade," he said with ease, giving Mitch a solitary raised brow in appreciation. This was a serious offer. "I can have the Bone Harp in... one week from tonight. Fair?"

- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2019, 10:28:28 AM »
"You may have two weeks," he rapidly countered. His voice was sweet towards the adorable demon and his posture had not changed, his neck still exposed for the Apep.

Apep could feel the lust and greed wash over Mitchelletto in ripples as waited patiently for the demons little gift, wondering if this would be similar to Kalif? In the end this little experiment was all for Nikolai, the little drug addict that would do anything to get away from the miserable truth that the two were bound, until death do them part.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2019, 11:14:30 AM »
Apep didn't bother arguing, and figured maybe Mtch needed that long to get the eye. He would have the Bone Harp in a week, as that's all he needed. He extended his hand to seal the deal, looking pleased with the overall exchange. The eye would be a powerful asset, and if he didn't end up wanting it for himself than he could always sell it to a shadow demon. He would make sure Mitch left with two, three gram vials of Venom, explaining the differences between the highs he'd experience. Feeling Mitch's lust and glutinous energy he knew he couldn't delay him any longer and pulled him towards his fangs. He sunk them in, but made sure not to drink any of Mitch's blood.

He let his body's natural process take over, and let the drip of Venom enter Mitch's blood stream. Within moments he fell into the state of bliss that happens to all victims of Venom, and Apep laid him down to enjoy the high. There would be a short high, and then Mitch would come out of it. He'd send him on his way after that. There would be no sex today. It's not that he wasn't in the mood, or that Mitch was somehow attractive enough. It was just an old rule of business; always leave them wanting more. Apep added to that train of thought that the fantasy was often better than reality, not matter how good it was.   
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.