Author Topic: A Mysterious Employer  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
Re: A Mysterious Employer
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2019, 09:03:25 AM »
"Cool, got it," I replied, feeling like the last statement was fairly obvious, but also not wanting to get too tangled up in conversation about it. When he didn't rise to leave at first I assumed he had more to say, but then he just kind of sat there looking awkward. I rose from my chair and extended a hand.

"Until, next we meet, Wren Maddoc, man of mystery and hemp shirts."

Once he was gone, I turned my chair and began my musical ritual with the ball, only now I was thinking not about Dreki, or Project Twilight, or Rambo. Instead I was thinking about who was Damien Evans, and what I suspected was of equal importance, who is Wren Maddoc? Was there a cure? Would I take it if I got the chance? Zeph liked having a vampire boyfriend, and I honestly pressed my luck with my liver in those early years, so likely not. Then again, if I had the golden elixir in front of me, maybe I would. Maybe, I'd even get the chance to find out.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras