Author Topic: Day at the Beach  (Read 8701 times)

Offline Malkavian Riddler

• Novelist
  • Minstrel Seeking Minstrel
    • View Profile
Re: Day at the Beach
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2019, 10:01:49 AM »
There were others on the beach, Shan could hear them squealing in the water, splashing around, calling out to one another. There were dogs barking and children laughing. Other than this assault on his ears he might as well be in a bubble, because he only had eyes for Jake.

"When she sent me to you I was super excited," Shan confessed readily. "I'd heard these rumours about the White Rabbit. I even drove past a couple times."

Shan moved his hand up Jake's chest to his face and then into his hair, tugging at the strands behind his ear and pulling gently at the ones at his nape. He longed to turn Jake's head towards him so they could kiss but... once again, threat of rejection. He huffed his frustration.
Digital: I drink from the poison chalice
Lan Bao: I reap the harvest of my people
Cain: I am the instrument that vampires play
Shan: I take what is mine and what is yours

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2019, 06:35:06 AM »
Jake loved the way his ego was being stroked, and imagined Shan stroking something else on his body. However, he'd learned that ego, even when it was being respected was a weakness, and so while it felt good, and warm, and all the right things, he knew to be cautious with it now. He'd also forgotten how taboo the White Rabbit was for many humans, and even supernaturals.

The bar was truly his Wonderland, and for many humans who'd entered out of the know, they reported back really feeling like they'd fallen through the looking glass; vampires moving about, magic defenses, African witches, super soldiers, drugs, sex, drag and every other convention of goth, darkness, and monsters were dressed up in bright and pretty colors and put on display. While much of it had been Lisa-Joe's expertise, Sam had given it new life as well. The bars acceptance and success in the community was his proudest achievement in the city, even more than any titles he held or battles he'd fought.

"You should've come right in," Jake said encouragingly, looking over at Shan's eyes. "I would've scooped you up pretty quick."

It was true that if Jake had just seen Shan moving about, he would've done all in his power to get him there as a dancer. It added to the confusion he felt about their current status, and he sighed. "Hold on," he said, sitting up and pulling out his phone. He jotted a quick text to Murphy. It was time.

Hey. Can we meet soon. I'd like to talk about some stuff.
Send.

His phone was put away, and he resumed his laying position, bringing Shan back to his chest, unless the mortal didn't wish it. "Sorry about that," he said attention returning to the interesting boy beside him. He felt a flutter of guilt, but it was currently dwarfed by something like excitement.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Malkavian Riddler

• Novelist
  • Minstrel Seeking Minstrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2019, 08:56:22 AM »
Shan opened his mouth, about to reveal why he hadn't when Jake asked him to hold and he sat up away from him. Shan rolled onto his back, throwing a hand over his forehead, shielding his eyes as he watched Jake text a message on his phone. He couldn't see what the message was but he wasn't interested in snooping.

He returned to Jake's hold when it was offered him but he couldn't settle like he had before. He'd forgotten what he was going to say, too. What had they been talking about before the interruption? Never mind, he sensed that there was no longer joy to be had right now so he wanted to pick up the mood.

"Hey, can you eat and drink as well?" Shan asked spritely. When told Jake couldn't, he shrugged it off. "Come swim, then. Play with me in the waves."

His smile lit up his face as he got to his knees, pulling on Jake's hand to get him up faster as Shan worked himself to his feet.
Digital: I drink from the poison chalice
Lan Bao: I reap the harvest of my people
Cain: I am the instrument that vampires play
Shan: I take what is mine and what is yours

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2019, 10:24:41 AM »
Jake hadn't done anything like Shan was suggesting in over sixty years. The last time had been on a beach in California it had been night, of course. Jake had been with a wonderful guy that night, and he'd imagined the sky was purple, orange, red, and all the colors of the morning and evening. He could see those colors now; sometimes, and while his day trips were few and far between he loved the simple joys of being in the sun. Now, much like the last time he was asked to go into the water, he rose slowly and carefully. He wore a curious, but slightly nervous, smile.

Jake's only other consideration was the ring. If it came off in the water he would die, and no trip in the drink was worth that. However, he'd tested wetting his hand at home and pulling it off. This ring seemed to know when he wanted it off, or wanted it to stay. Unlike Lazarus, he wasn't cursed, but he was hopeful the ring wouldn't choose this moment to betray him.

Jake took Shan's hand, finding himself more at ease as he was led to the water by the enthusiastic human. Jake did know how to swim, but just barely, and so seemed like a doe sticking their toe in at first. Eventually, with Shan's encouragement, he went in deeper, and started splashing about, even directing a few at the interesting and sexy human before him.

Jake wanted to get to know him better, and was honestly thankful they hadn't just shagged. Jake would enjoy him as a donor, and if now were any indication, he'd enjoy him as a person too. Jake wrapped his arms around Shan's shoulders, and the two floated in embrace.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras