Author Topic: Restless Heart  (Read 11847 times)

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Restless Heart
« on: September 12, 2019, 08:11:31 PM »
Dressed in black jeans and a white button-up shirt open at the throat, clean black hiking boots on his feet, Win entered the doorway into the open foyer. The cloakroom on his left and stairs in front of him, he avoided both and headed for the bar. It was three people deep so he stood at the outer edge and waited for his turn.

While he waited he checked out the floor, seeing that all of the couches were crammed with people enjoying themselves. The music was loud but a lot softer than most nightclubs; a common theme in vampire clubs. There was a stage but the band seemed to be on break, or maybe they were playing upstairs. It was interesting how he couldn't hear the club upstairs; there was some kind of dampener effect in place. He could feel the magic around him. Walking into the club had been a bit like piercing the filmy, thickened skin of a custard. Not terribly pleasant but once past it, there was a payoff.

A mortal with an excited heartbeat brushed past him while holding two drinks close to his chest. Win made eye-contact with him and smiled; practised enough to reveal only the tiniest bit of fang. Win also shifted mostly out of the way but not quite enough. The mortal's eyes widened before he grinned back before continuing to the recipient of the alcohol. Win followed his path and saw that his friend had managed to pull a vampire to him already. Hmn. He wasn't about to muscle into another vamp's play, even if he did have two mortals, he might not be the kind who liked to share.

After another twenty minutes, Win had a glass of heated red in his hand. He worked his way out through the throng and drank it quickly before it cooled. Replenished, he sent out mental feelers to see who was keen on hooking up but was distracted by something on one of the television screen up on posts around the place. It had been showing music videos but now there was some kind of advertisement on it to do with mobile phones. He stared up at it, watching as 'Lovebite' marqueed across the screen, only looking away when he was spoken to.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Restless Heart
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 11:24:59 PM »
Kerr went very still, apart from performing a slow blink. "Pardon?" he asked and swallowed, his voice tight.

Jeanne grinned, slow and sultry. "You heard me," she said, looking pointedly at his lap.

He shifted in his seat - on the other side of her desk - clearing his throat and resisting the urge to cross his legs. "I don't think that would be appropriate."

Their business meeting had been going so well, too. He'd come to find out who supplied Venture's blood, wondering if they were prolific enough to supply his potential future business - it was all in the early stages still, he was just establishing the lay of the land, as it were - and Jeanne had given the information he sought. But then she had to go and ruin it. Kerr thought he wouldn't be nearly as uncomfortable if he wasn't so tempted to comply with her wishes.

A husky chuckle derided his discomfort. "Inappropriate?" she queried, looking like she found the word delicious.

"Yes!" he agreed, his voice sliding up an octave in his defensiveness.

"You have never struck me as the shy type. And you seem to have much to be proud of," she purred cajolingly.

"Okay!" he declared, standing suddenly and forcing a smile as he fussed with his leather jacket. It sat over his olive green T-shirt and blue jeans just fine but fiddling with it gave his hands something to do. "Thank you so much for the information. I just hope your contacts will be able to meet my needs."

Jeanne's face lit up, her eyes twinkling hungrily as she leapt upon the opening. "If not, I will--" Kerr held an imperious finger out towards her and she stopped speaking, her lips pursed in a wicked smile. The unspoken words hung in the air between them anyway. She appeared, standing, before him in a blink. "It has been wonderful to see you again," she breathed, grasping his hips and leaning close to kiss his cheek. "You are welcome here any time," she continued, switching to the other cheek.

Kerr looked down into her dancing eyes, a wry smile twisting his lips as he shook his head at her. "Merci beaucoup," he murmured and moved to kiss her cheek, only to be met with her mouth. He wasn't even surprised. With some difficulty, he broke away from her and left her office, travelling through the VIP area and the nightclub unknowingly wearing some of her sienna lipstick. He looked around as he went, gradually relaxing. It wasn't until he was downstairs that he decided he was thirsty enough to get a drink. He'd worked his mental barriers against the ancient vampiress hard and it had wearied him.

Thinking there might be someone he could pick up quickly, Kerr was disappointed to see that the downstairs lounge was crowded. There was a dizzying amount of patrons roaming around and he quickly decided going to the bar would be a better idea... except it was packed. Gnawing on his tongue stud with indecision, he watched it, trying to gauge the wait time. Noticing he'd stopped by a kindred with a beautiful face and the most delightful curly hair, Kerr eyed the empty glass in his hand and then looked up to make eye contact with him.

"How long did it take you to get that?" he queried with a friendly smile, wondering whether he could last the drive home or if it'd be worth the wait to drink here. Thirst was making him impatient and the decision was much harder than it should've been.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 11:45:26 PM »
Win's gaze raked over Kerr's face and body, drinking in the sight of him. Muscular, charismatic, and wearing lipstick in the 2nd degree. Even so, when they made eye contact, Win was aware that Kerr's pupils dilated, so he found Win attractive in spite of his recent feminine interactions. He didn't need a racing heart to know when someone liked the look of him.

"Twenty, twenty-five minutes," Win estimated, then looked over at the bar to see if it had changed. If anything it looked busier. "This place is jumping. Something special going on?" Win reached up to stroke his thumb against the other vampire's lips, wanting to swipe some lippy off and show him.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 12:03:23 AM »
Kerr frowned at the news that the wait was that long. Of course, the more he thought about drinking, the more he wanted to. He was debating whether or not to pull rank or head back up to the VIP area (what did he pay all that money for, if not swift service?) when his companion spoke again.

"Special?" he repeated, lifting his eyebrows as he thought about it, looking around the room. "I don't think so, I think it's just-"

He broke off and flinched back as a hand came towards him without warning - though not far enough that the younger vampire didn't make contact with his lips. Kerr's eyelashes fluttered as he saw a lipstick-smeared thumb held in front of his face but then he scowled. "For fuck's sake," he muttered and rubbed randomly but harshly at his mouth instead. He then raised his eyebrows and pursed his lips in his companion's direction. "Is it all gone?" he queried, twisting his mouth from side to side, modelling for a verdict.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 12:11:11 AM »
"Mmn," Win murmured, nodding and rubbing his thumb against his fingers to spread the lipstick around before wiping his fingers on his jeans. "Would've been more fun to kiss it off," he said, then looked around them at the heartbeats all around. There were so many people, he could feel them at his core - their heartbeats were mesmerising. "Why aren't I seeing anybody drinking?" he asked, as if he hadn't just suggested to the other vampire they would've had more fun kissing. "Is there a rule against doing it here? Am I going to have to bring them back to my hotel? It's a hell of a walk."

And he'd only just got here. How sour it would be to discover that this was a pickup club and not a drinking club.

"I'm Win, by the way," he said, reaching out a hand to lightly hold Kerr's elbow.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 12:22:48 AM »
Kerr blinked once, slowly, at the suggestion it would've been more fun to kiss the lipstick off him. It made him reassess his companion, his gaze travelling over his tall, light frame, lingering on his delectable eyes and a decidedly kissable mouth. His body quickened with awareness and he found it difficult to process his attraction and the continued conversation. He really was thirsting.

"Uh, yeah, it's against the rules to drink in the open here. There are rooms through there to use," he pointed, "on this level and more upstairs. The ones upstairs are cool, they're behind two-way glass and it feels rather... voyeuristic to drink and... whatever else in there," he grinned, leaning towards Win as he touched his elbow and introduced himself. "Kerr. And where are you staying that it's such a long walk?"

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 12:29:36 AM »
Win stepped closer to Kerr, getting into his personal space.

"Whatever else," he repeated with a grin and a sly look. He understood. The request for where he was staying was conversational enough that he didn't think Kerr was necessarily trying to get info out of him. "I came into the city a couple of weeks ago and stayed at a hotel called the Majester. They served blood for room service, so it was convenient but too pricey. I couldn't charm them into thinking I'd paid for the room either so now I'm staying at this other place called The Tropicana. I think they normally rent rooms by the hour," Win said, giving Kerr a cheeky smile. "I haven't been in the city for very long. Took me all that time to even find this place."

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2019, 01:16:06 AM »
Kerr's expression shifted through surprise, interest and wariness before landing on calculation as Win got really close to him. He liked that the other vampire was almost as tall as him and surprisingly forthright. His words represented him as carefree yet astute and he was obviously a free spirit to have been in the city as long as he had and have no permanent address. How long until he moved on?

"There's a better option, in the heart of the city. The Luminary. It's not just a better option because I own it, either," he shrugged and flashed a confident grin. "It's a hotel that caters to supernaturals - we even have a meeting spot filled with mortals available on the Lovebite app. The standard rooms are reasonably priced, the view's spectacular and the amenities are second to none. You should consider switching," he prompted, raising his eyebrows in silent challenge.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2019, 06:58:34 AM »
"Reasonably priced," Win repeated with a smile after a moment, once Kerr was done speaking. A waiter passed close enough to them that Win could deposit his empty glass on the man's tray before turning back to the tall, dark and handsome fellow with the Irish name. So Kerr owned a hotel called 'The Luminary' in the heart of the city? It sounded like an expensive place. "Yet another hotel I can't charm people into thinking I've paid for the room. It sounds amazing, but I don't want to burn through my bank account. I'm wanting to put a deposit down on a place but I haven't figured out this city yet."

Win spied someone else's thread on Kerr's otherwise impeccable shirt and he plucked it off his shoulder, shifting close enough that he was almost chest to chest, though he was a little to the side, as though they were having a secret conversation instead of speaking about mundane things. The position leant a little weight to his next words.

"A shame, because I'd love to switch. I hope that's also something you do," Win said, dropping his stare to Kerr's lips where the lipstick was no longer before lifting his eyes to make contact with Kerr's again.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2019, 08:28:12 PM »
Kerr was debating the wisdom of inviting Win back to the hotel (and even considering comping him a room, though he barely knew him) when he moved even closer and picked something off his jacket. The comment about switching was confusing until the pointed look at his lips and he realised Win was asking if he was only into women. He chuckled, finding himself staring into warm brown eyes alight with mischief.

"Yeah, I do," he grinned and it was on the tip of his tongue to mention Ben but he shied away from it, surprising himself. Was he interested in Win like that? Sure, he was cute but acting on it still felt a long way away to Kerr; avoiding Ben's name was a deliberate choice though, and... unnatural. Deceitful? He wasn't sure. His thoughts flustered him, reminding him of his time with Jeanne and his thirst.

"So here's the thing. I could line up over there for twenty-five minutes," he tilted his head towards the bar, keeping his gaze locked on Win's, "or I could hunt around for someone to drink from or I could drive home and do either in about the same time as it would take me to wade through the throng at the bar. What do you think I should do?" he raised his eyebrows, his tongue rolling in his mouth so that his tongue stud tapped the roof of his mouth.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2019, 08:38:53 PM »
"The first is boring," Win said immediately, glancing at the bar and shaking his head at it. He turned back to Kerr, tilting his head. "And the second sounds intriguing if you'll let me see your moves," he said, grinning at Kerr and interested in his reaction to the voyeur idea. He'd said something about some feeding rooms upstairs with two-way glass and he'd seemed pretty open to it at the time. "The third," he screwed up his nose, "is only good if I'm in the car with you."

Was it a good idea to get into a car with a man he'd only just met and he could sense was twice his age? He wasn't getting any weird vibes from him. There was something compelling about him, very charismatic. The woman who he'd let near his lips had obviously felt it.

Win could feel his dick stiffening a little and he shifted position, putting his weight on his other leg.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2019, 08:47:51 PM »
"You could come with me," Kerr agreed, nodding. The notion of bringing Win home made him feel fluttery and want to assign a whole lot more meaning to than he felt appropriate at this early stage. He didn't know Win but he seemed sweet and the flirtiness was alluring... plus, the idea of twisting his fingers through those curls was one that wouldn't die no matter how many times Kerr tried to push it away.

"We could see if I can set you up somewhere worth switching for." Even he couldn't keep a straight face after that and his grin felt like a lopsided invitation. "I dunno' about watching. You prefer that to participating?" Funny, Win didn't give off that vibe.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2019, 08:52:08 PM »
"Prefer is a word I wouldn't have used," Win replied, screwing up his nose momentarily. "I'm easy, though." He shrugged, his eyes sparkling with mischievous delight because his being easy was hardly a revelation.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2019, 09:04:53 PM »
Kerr laughed again, shaking his head briefly at the unsubtle wordplay. If it had come from a mortal or someone not sporting lips like those, he likely would've rolled his eyes and politely excused himself. He was indulging Win because he was cute and unabashedly honest... in a cheeky yet secretive kind of way. Jeanne could take a few pages out of his playbook.

"Well, I'm asking what you prefer," Kerr challenged with a smirk. "Stay here and go upstairs or leave and find you somewhere else to live?"

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2019, 09:44:15 PM »
Win's cheeky demeanour changed gear when Kerr smirked at him. The other wanted the choice to be made, which meant he wanted someone decisive.

"Show me this fantastic place you have," Win said, lowering his head so he could peer up through his lashes at Kerr, his voice dropping to sound more serious, losing its playful note, though the smile was still on his face. "I'm up for being wowed."

Challenge accepted and handed straight back.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2019, 09:56:23 PM »
With the decision made, Kerr began to walk towards the exit. Instinctively, he grasped Win's hand to lead him out to where his car was parked - well down the street because he hadn't got here early enough to park outside. They had a short walk to get there and he was interested in using the time to get to know Win better. The way their hands threaded together felt natural; that was a plus.

He didn't speak again until they'd made their way through the throng and were walking away from the club. Win seemed to sense he was waiting until they were alone and didn't try to talk either - also a plus. "So this is your first time to this city?" Kerr prompted, glancing over at Win as they strolled.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2019, 10:36:45 PM »
"Yes, it is," Win said, walking alongside Kerr and liking the easy nature of their steps. Their natural strides kept them together. "I started in England and went through Europe and Asia. I loved Singapore. Loooved Singapore," he insisted, his free hand moving over his heart to his chest to physically demonstrate his love before continuing. "I've been in Canada for the past twenty years before travelling down for the past couple of months. Couldn't find anywhere to settle, but this city..." Win sucked in air, like he was breathing in the urban space, "...it feels alive."

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2019, 10:49:35 PM »
Kerr raised his eyebrows and tilted his head from side to side, ostensibly agreeing with Win's assessment, though still considering the merits of it. 'Alive' was one way of putting it, it just wasn't the first that came to Kerr. He liked Win's assessment all the same.

"No fledgelings? No sire? It's just you?" he queried, his hand shifting restlessly in Win's hold so that he could explore the texture of his skin and absorb more about him.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2019, 11:07:18 PM »
"Just me," Win admitted. "I haven't sired anyone and I haven't been with my own sire a long time. He's quite a distance from here," he said. Win wondered if the questions meant Kerr wanted to be asked in return, though truthfully he didn't care. It was just him and Kerr right now, what did it matter who his bloodline was? Unless, of course, there was a fledgling or two back at the hotel waiting for him. He was old enough to have a few. "You?" he prompted belatedly, Win's hand twitching a squeeze within Kerr's.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2019, 11:16:01 PM »
Kerr smiled and shrugged affably. "Two dead sires, two living fledgelings - Ben and Ichabod. I live with Ben and Cub's nearby. They're still only young, both under twenty years. We're pretty close," he offered, uncertain about defining his familial relationships in greater depth. It didn't seem appropriate at this tentative stage of his and Win's conversation.

The night they'd met Charlie and Gabriel flashed through Kerr's mind and made him feel flustered in a rather nice way.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2019, 11:36:07 PM »
Win lapsed into silence as he listened. The name 'Ichabod' stood out and the nickname came shortly after. How many Cubs could there be in the city? It had felt like a nickname when it had been told to him and now he knew.

Kerr. Kerr was the sire that Cub had spoken about at the lake all those nights ago. They'd texted one another a few times; flirty texts here and there, a couple of naughty pics. He better not let Kerr see the photos on his phone or that would be the end of this adventure, likely.

"You live with Ben?" he prompted, thinking it only natural that he would ask such a thing. "Are you taking me back to meet him?"

His fledge, and romantic partner, would know what was going on if his sire was having sex with someone in the building. Were they going to have sex? It had felt like that at the start. All the signs were there. He wasn't actually going to be shown around a room for renting was he? That would be an absurd way to get a guest.

He smiled to himself, holding that laughter in.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2019, 12:11:13 AM »
"I do and sure," he grinned, responding automatically to the smile on Win's face, though he didn't understand what he had to smile about, exactly. "If you're interested in meeting him?" Thinking about bringing Win to meet Ben sent a song of excitement through Kerr. He wasn't sure whether it was for approval or because he didn't want to venture into anything on his own, but the thought of involving his beloved in a threesome changed everything.

Frankly, he was still hesitant to commit to the vague outline of their open relationship parameters - possibly because he hadn't been interested in anyone until tonight. He gazed at Win, trying to imagine being with him alone and it made him feel flighty with excitement. Putting Ben in the middle had a whole different effect, though, one that he felt all the way down to his toes. He knew which he'd prefer.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2019, 12:23:14 AM »
Win rarely turned down anything. Life was meant to be lived, and he had immortality available to him. Still, this setup was peculiar and if he progressed with Kerr (and probably Ben), he would be burning bridges with his first fling. He lapsed into thoughtful silence as he considered what he wanted to do.

Continue on this intriguing adventure, go with Kerr to meet Ben, all while knowing he was Cub's sire. He couldn't say he didn't know if Cub called him out on it. He wasn't a secretive type so being with Kerr after knowing about Cub's situation meant it was a betrayal to him. Kerr not knowing was a different thing altogether - he'd admitted nothing, they didn't owe each other anything, there were no feelings there to share and to hurt. If he slept with Kerr while still interested in Cub, then Win was an asshole.

But was Cub interested in him beyond the single night they'd shared? He was beginning to doubt it. Cub's texts were constant but non-committal. Win had suggested on two separate occassions that Cub come over but he'd been busy both times. Win believed him, that he was truly busy, because he'd gone to the lake to unwind... it was why they'd met... but it didn't really help the progression of their budding relationship. Kerr would put an end to it, but if Win backed out and Cub ended up being nothing, then he'd regret it.

He would have to trust his instincts, and his instincts made him feel like Cub didn't want much more out of him than maybe another sexy night. He doubted Kerr would either. He didn't really want to tangle himself too much into their lives but there was something about seeing the other side of the formula that made him feel strangely thrilled. He'd know more about each of them than they knew about him. It wasn't a scenario he was going to experience again so easily, if at all.

"Absolutely, I am," Win said agreeably, shifting slightly to nudge shoulders with Kerr. There'd been barely a pause between question asked and answered.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2019, 03:02:05 AM »
Kerr nudged Win in return, compelled to introspection as his car came into view. He was surprised by his response to Win. There was guilt in it, despite his and Ben's agreement. He still wanted to justify to himself that it was okay to feel this lust (independent of the love of his life), to tell himself that it was perfectly logical because Win was special somehow but the truth was, he wasn't. Not in any measurable sense. He was extraordinarily attractive but the city was full of beautiful people. He was boldly flirtatious but Kerr had been propositioned and kissed by an amorous ancient just minutes before he met Win; he had offers.

He couldn't say exactly what drew him to the younger vampire, he could only acknowledge the drawing. Perhaps it was simply that he was a relative stranger who gave off good vibes that resonated at the exact frequency he vibrated at. Cain, Charlie and Gabriel had been the same. Following through on those desires had worked out in Kerr's favour (for the most part) and he was emboldened. It shamed him to realise, but there was part of him that was adapting too, accepting that this newfound instinct to explore was permitted and exciting. He responded to Win because he just liked him and that was okay.

When they reached the car, Kerr unlocked it with the touch of a button and stepped one foot down into the gutter. Pressing his hand against the rear passenger window, he leant forward and opened the front door then turned to smile at Win, resting his ass against the car. As he waited there, lopsided with one foot still on the path, he looked Win over. He was shorter than the younger vampire in this position and enjoyed a thrill of potential submission, imagining Win leaning in to kiss him before he got in the car - and what it might feel like to be pinned in place. "Your chariot, sir," he announced with a sweeping flourish towards the front seat.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2019, 07:52:28 AM »
The way Kerr was looking at him was a clue - enough to stop Win from opening the car door further and hopping into it. He felt the assessment as he saw it happen, as though Kerr's sweeping gaze had a physical touch on him. Win felt oddly fluttery beneath that gaze. It had been a long time since someone had disarmed him with their attraction to him. He could count them on one hand - the first being his sire, Lazarus.

He read the moment and approached Kerr, not quite game to scan his mind for a clue as to what he was hoping for. Humans were so much easier that way; he could just follow their hopes for what might happen, like a formula for getting them into bed. It should've been boring by now but Win was still intrigued by how the path would twist and turn, with some wanting him to hold back and others almost demanding in their thoughts that he jump them. Only a few had been frightened by their deepest wishes coming true.

Even without his ability, Win was still good at reading the situation. It would be the quickest way to find out how big a role Ben might be playing between them. He ignored the open car door and moved to Kerr instead, stepping into him, feet either side of Kerr's higher foot so that Kerr's leg was in between his thighs, brushing against him a delightful way as he leant in for a kiss, using gravity to keep his body in place. His eyes fluttered closed as their lips connected and he could taste the residue of the lipstick. It excited him, to know that Kerr had knocked someone back before accepting him.

One hand on Kerr's shoulder, that arm wrapped around the dark and sexy vampire, his other hand on Kerr's face so that he would feel his jaw working while they kissed. There would be no mistaking the thickening rod in Win's pants.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2019, 07:14:54 PM »
Kerr watched Win approach, butterflies of excitement fluttering wildly around his belly as it appeared to happen in slow motion; the exquisite pressure sliding up his thigh, those lustrous lashes flickering as Win's eyes closed, the soft touch on his shoulder and the delicious press of his thick, soft lips onto Kerr's.

It was gentle at first, exploratory, all sliding lips and whispering tongues, slowly tilting heads and tentative touches. Kerr's fingers alighted on Win's waist and then slid around to the small of his back, squeezing him deliberately, exploring the curve of the muscles beneath his clothes. As their tongues collided and coiled around one another for the first time (Win's questing at his stud inquisitively), one of Kerr's hands slid up Win's back, curled around the back of his neck and brushed upward into his hair.

He sighed a moan into Win's mouth as his fingers threaded through those ridiculously soft curls and their kiss deepened into something alive and electric. He could feel Win's arousal poking into his hip and an answering throb flared in his own, hardening him more swiftly than usual. The hand at his back squeezed Win closer and Kerr's hips rocked forward, grinding, little pulses of awareness sparking with the friction of their jeans catching. It was the kind of kiss he enjoyed with Ben, one that wouldn't necessarily lead to sex but reconnected them on an intimate level; but this was not Ben's mouth nor his body pressed so close Kerr was practically inhaling him, so the depth of what he was feeling surprised him.

He lost himself in the kiss and the moment. And the man.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2019, 07:54:38 PM »
The kiss persisted, even as it eventually ended. His groin throbbed with his need for release and made it difficult to pull away, but he knew he must if he didn't want to peak into his jeans. He pushed off the car at Kerr's back and gave him a momentary pouty face between the broad smiles. He wanted to speak and say how amazing the kiss was but words didn't immediately come to mind. He stared at Kerr for a while longer instead, grinning like an idiot, and he licked his lips, wanting to kiss him some more but that would just put him back into the 'going to cream my pants' square.

"I have to stop kissing you," he said, finally, though it had been maybe three seconds since he'd pulled back, "or I'm going to get messy."

He chuckled and his gaze moved to the open door of the car's passenger seat. He wouldn't go to it unless Kerr started moving as well, so eager to respond to the other vampire's signals that he could barely think for himself.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2019, 08:36:52 PM »
Kerr chuckled and raised his eyebrows. "From just a kiss? You are easy," he teased, leaning in for another, small kiss before he straightened away from the car and stepped up onto the footpath. He guided Win into the passenger seat and closed the door behind him. He then took a calming breath and adjusted the uncomfortable firmness in his jeans as he pulled his mobile phone out of his pocket and headed around the back of the car.

He sent Ben a text as he walked, slowing down in order to get it sent before he got into the car.

Meeting with Jeanne done :wacko: Met someone on the way out. A vampire, about 200. He's cute. I kissed him... sorry? Feels so weird to type that :blush: Bringing him back to get him a room at The Luminary. Want to meet him? Threesome?

He slid in behind the wheel and placed his phone in the centre console where he'd see it if it lit up with a text. He didn't want to have anything Ben said in return read out by the car so Win would hear it, he'd prefer to read it so he made sure the screen was facing him and didn't connect it to the car. He pulled smoothly away from the gutter and started them in the direction of his home, hyper aware of the vampire in the seat beside him. His right hand dropped off the wheel and onto Win's thigh, giving it a squeeze.

"Is this okay?" he asked huskily, meaning his hand.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2019, 08:51:46 PM »
"It's good, yeah," Win said, covering Kerr's hand with his own and giving it a brief squeeze. He wasn't so gauche as to pull Kerr's hand higher - he liked a bit of interplay.

He mostly watched the road as Kerr drove, stealing little glances at his profile now and then, but looking down at the phone in the console when it made a noise. Kerr's positioning of the screen was obvious so Win looked away, giving Kerr the privacy he wanted.

Outside the smooth glide of the car, the world slipped by. Win settled back in his seat and looked at the people on the street. There were places where the population went from zero to a hundred depending on which street they were on. Win saw the familiar cluster of the arts and cultural centre down a main street but Kerr turned away from them, heading deeper into the city where more and more people walked the footpaths, laughing, yelling, singles or couples or in groups. It was like seeing into another world.

Ben's text read: I'll meet him but I won't participate unless he has a lot of appeal for me as well. You're a sexy beast.  ;)

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2019, 09:08:36 PM »
Kerr had to pull away from Win's touch to check his phone. He giggled at the text Ben sent, feeling giddy at the compliment and the fact that he hadn't received any censure for his choice. It still felt wrong to be making choices like this so Ben's support made all the difference. He quickly texted back.

Aww shucks. I love you. Home soon! :throb:

He put the phone down and put his hand back on Win's leg. "Sorry about that. Ben's looking forward to meeting you," he said, smiling at Win.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2019, 09:25:26 PM »
Win smiled back but the openness of the relationship surprised him. Cub had outright said that he and his sire weren't together, but if the relationship between Ben and Kerr was open, then why not? Cub was sexy as hell. Perhaps he didn't want to be the afterthought between them, perhaps he wanted a closed relationship of his own. He seemed to have a straighter edge to him than Kerr, if Win remembered correctly. He pushed the memory of Cub away to be more in this moment.

His hand returned to Kerr's on his leg. "Tell me about Ben," he requested.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2019, 03:49:36 AM »
Win immediately scored points for asking about Kerr's favourite topic and he launched into an enthusiastic description of his beloved, the smile on his face besotted, broadcasting the strength of his love. As he spoke, his hand occasionally lifted to emphasise certain talking points but it always fell back onto Win's thigh, squeezing and rubbing. He enjoyed the feel of the solidly-sculpted muscle beneath, the denim smooth and tight around it.

"Ben? Well, he's amazing, so I'll start there," he laughed warmly. "We met in a club like Venture, randomly, one night many years ago. I was heading out for a date - with a woman, because I'd mainly been with them, apart from a few one night things that had happened decades earlier (... no, make that centuries, actually) - and I drank from him. He made a strong first impression and our connection was... well it blew my mind, frankly. I had to see more of him but I had a really overbearing and possessive sire that I didn't want him to get too close to. That was why I didn't sire him straight away or on my own, in the end. We've been together - occasionally off but mostly on - for thirteen years. We've only recently decided to make our relationship open so we're still feeling our way through that. You're the first person I've kissed since we made the decision, in fact.

"But anyway, our most recent separation happened about two years ago and it was accidental. I went into an alternate dimension where time moved differently - I know, it sounds crazy, right?! But it's true, I swear. When I came out, eighteen months here had passed and Ben and Ichabod thought I was dead. It was, uh, an emotional reunion, to say the least. That was about five or so months ago now and our relationship is stronger than ever. God, I love him. But we're really different. They say opposites attract? They're not wrong because that's us! Ben's really controlled and quiet, he's never over-emotional or led astray by his heart. He's incredibly intelligent and astute, he thinks everything through to the nth degree and he's a brilliant strategist. He's currently trying to get elected to a leadership position in our part of the city - it's divided into districts and each one is run by a different supernatural. He's contesting the leadership of City Central. There's an election in a few months. If you're still staying at The Luminary, you'll be allowed to vote. For Ben, of course," Kerr winked, laughing at his own half-joke.

"What else? Um... oh! He's way better looking than me, I'm absolutely punching above my weight, as the saying goes - he used to model. He's blond, which wasn't particularly my type until he came along, and he has amazing eyes. He's shorter than me. He has a quiet sense of humour that not everyone gets to see and he's generally a very private person, where I'll tell you anything and everything if you show an interest and stand still long enough to listen. We've argued about it. I'm trying to be more reserved but... I'm not doing a very good job of it, am I?" Kerr laughed again, having shared so much (in an effort to prepare Win for the man he would meet, so he'd hopefully win Ben over - pun unintended but appreciated) already.

He could have talked about Ben for hours (risking his lover's ire because he shared far more details about their lives than Ben would be comfortable with) but they'd arrived at The Luminary and he'd parked the car as he laughed about his generous sharing of information. He grabbed his phone and keys and used celerity in order to be at Win's door, opening it for his exit and smiling at him. His thoughts strayed off the topic of his true love once he was looking at Win properly again and he began thinking about the self control he'd need to display in the lift heading up to the penthouse. It wouldn't do to fall into his home in the same state he and Win had got into against his car.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2019, 08:03:19 AM »
Apparently 'tell me about Ben' was the way to get Kerr in a very good mood. He filled the entire car ride with Ben's virtues and a little of his reserved personality, giving Win a headstart about how to impress the guy. The more Kerr talked about Ben, the more Win wanted to meet him. It had been a passing interest at the start but Kerr had sold him pretty hard. He'd been intimate with 'controlled, deeply thinking' men before, enough to understand that they tended towards being dominant but generous lovers usually because they liked seeing the reactions of their partners as maneouvres were performed upon them. Not too many were outside that formula. He figured Kerr would be passionate and the one to lose himself. Win liked the idea of two very different interactions at the same time. Most of the time when he picked up multiples, they tended to be similar in thought and action.

The building they approached was the tallest in the block, though there were other, potentially taller ones that they'd passed on the drive. It was a glass monument but also had a peculiarly 'older' appeal, as though the building had been a super modern structure some fifty years ago. If that was the case, it might have once held the record of the tallest building in the city. He wondered if that was when Kerr had bought it. They drove slightly past it and entered down a ramp that turned and led them under the building. Instead of going deeper underground, Kerr parked in a space that had a sign posted 'reserved' on it. A turqoise muscle car was parked in the other reserved spot beside it. Was that Ben's car? It didn't fit the profile he'd been given, but that only made Kerr's partner more interesting.

Kerr hopped out hurriedly and Win dawdled on purpose because Kerr had opened the car door for him to get in, so it made sense that he would open it for him to get out. Win fiddled with the seatbelt a little too long and by the time it was fully retracted, the car door swung open. He'd tracked Kerr's progress in the mirror, aware he was moving faster than normal but Win could keep up with him. He stepped out and stood with a smile.

"Thanks," he said, being gracious as the car door shut and was locked behind him. He walked by Kerr, holding hands again, to the lift, and found himself studying him. When they'd first met, there'd been a sense of mystery but now Win had a good feel for the other. He liked him; he liked his openness, that he didn't put on airs, that he wasn't embarrassed to talk up his partner and that he was clearly in love, that he was honest about where their relationship was. Win felt prepared when walking in - not something that usually happened on a pick-up.

The lift opened and Win stepped in with Kerr, not watching what button he pressed too closely because he was admiring the way Kerr's muscles moved under his clothing, pulling the fabric taut. He was broad in the shoulders and a lot more muscular than Win himself. He'd felt thick in his pants when Win had been pressed up against him, so potentially he was big everywhere. Thinking about his body stirred Win enough that he had to face the front and cool himself down. He didn't think meeting Ben with a tent in his pants would be a good first impression.

"Am I meeting my room or Ben first?" he asked.

(Continued in Great Expectations)