Author Topic: Indentured Servitude  (Read 10722 times)

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: Indentured Servitude
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 06:17:38 PM »
His shoulders slumped in disappointment. She caved in far too quickly. As soon as the cuffs were off she would try to kill him and disappear.

"This is a negotiation love, your quick acceptance reeks of falsehood and treachery.' He vanished his wings and leaned back into the chair, his eyes narrowed and full of mistrust.

"You want the cuffs off and your head left where it is? Make me believe you."

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2020, 09:39:32 AM »
Tess scoffed in frustration. Men were so fucking fickle, and needed women to say just the right thing to satisfy their precious visions. She was obviously expected to agree, and yet now he wanted her to negotiate. What did she have to negotiate with? She thought for a moment, and realized what he likely wanted. It was what all men who wanted to feel dominant wanted.

"Believe me because I'm scared," she admitted. "I don't want to die, and the only thing I care about more than my pact is my life. If you would just let me speak with my master, perhaps he can give me permissions that will make it easier for all of us. Don't deny me that chance, please!"

She let her fear show, her need for self preservation. Her anger was still hot and searing, and she hated this Dark Angel for making her beg, also known as make me believe you. Had he approached her and asked her for help she might've aided him. Now, he held her against her will, took her magic, and had the audacity to be surprised she was feeling treacherous. If the tables were turned, he'd be working every angle to fuck her over. Such was the will of the devil's servants, even those who claimed to be not in his service.

"You know, you say you have nothing to do with my boss," she said softly, almost reverently. "But you speak a lot like him."
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2020, 11:54:58 AM »
He sighed, scared she may be but he still didn't believe her acquiescence. This was not going to plan and he was more frustrated with himself then her. He wanted her honest co-operation and corroboration, not whatever this had turned into.

" I have no intentions of killing you Miss Thane, Nor in harming you." He leaned back into the chair and placed his hands in a prayer position against his chin, his lips nestled in the gap between his fore and index fingers as he watched Tess, his eyes heavy with thought.

"This isn't going to work is it?" He said with resignation and regret in his voice as he removed his hands from his face.

" I had hoped that we could work together, a quid pro quo kind of deal, but I see the desire for my death in your eyes Miss Than, and sense the rage burning within you." He stood up from his chair and smiled. "I regret this wast of both of our time. My colleague will be in shortly and you'll be back home soon."

She would awake back in her apartment with her memories altered and expunged of ever being here, and with the Ward about fifteen minutes away from kicking her door in.