Author Topic: THE GARLIC - Satirical News Source for the Supernatural  (Read 3035 times)

Offline pentagrandma

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
THE GARLIC - Satirical News Source for the Supernatural
« on: September 17, 2019, 08:07:00 AM »
Central District Leader Jake McCloud Steps Down from Position to Become World’s First Vampiric Disco Ball
An Article by Nancy Flintierti

Taking advantage of the warm, sunny weather this Thursday, former Central District Leader Jake McCloud strips down to his skivvies to twirl on the steps of City Hall. His skin glimmers with all of the luster and glitz of a thousand tiny diamonds, casting fractal reflections of light dancing upon the ground. But why would such an illustrious District Leader step down from his post?

“It’s always been a lifelong dream of mine,” explains Jake McCloud, wearing only a holographic speedo and light-up jelly sandals. “It just finally felt like the right time, you know?” He positively glows with the enthusiasm of this revelation, beaming brightly as he continues to spin at dizzying speeds. Several people stop to gawk and applaud, offering petty jeers and pretty cheers.

“It was like something out of Twilight,” comments one starstruck eye-witness. “He was, like, totally sparkling in the sun. I’ve always had the biggest crush on Edward Cullen.”

“Yeah,” says another, “but I’m pretty sure it was just body glitter.”

Offline pentagrandma

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
Re: THE GARLIC - Satirical News Source for the Supernatural
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 12:50:03 PM »
New Politician Ben Samson Wows Voters with Impressive Blue Steel
An Article by Nancy Flintierti

A swarm of carnival attendees gathered around Ben Samson’s stall this past weekend were surprised to learn a new method of appealing to the demographics.

“I was expecting a Q&A or a political pitch,” states one reporter, “but all he did was smize up the crowd. Everyone was totally stunned.” The politician brandished his greatest asset with expert precision, knocking several prospective voters unexpectedly dead.

“I’ll definitely vote for him,” says another citizen. “Some things just can’t be expressed with words.”