Author Topic: Welcome Back  (Read 5400 times)

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
Welcome Back
« on: September 19, 2019, 07:09:32 AM »
Lisa-Joe Hampton saw Kerr showing Jake off like a prize turkey. She imagined snapping his hand off. It was fine. Jake blew through men like they were disposable after a single use. What had been the journalist's name again? Memphis? She took the older vampire into her office, locking the door behind them so they wouldn't be disturbed.

She sat in her big comfy office chair, showing Brianna to the one opposite her's. The Harpy lowered herself gracefully and politely, expunging her rage into something more humerus.

"Was that little walk in the hall as awkward for you as it was for me?"

She looked over Brianna, and was curious why she'd returned. The harpy guessed all that information was coming soon.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Back
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 08:58:57 AM »
"Not as awkward when I heard he came back from the dead from my own Sire no less," grinning in appreciation while taking her seat opposite of Lisa-Joe, crossing her legs and folding her hands neatly in her lap.

"I wasn't certain if I wanted to come back after hearing it but, whether Kerr is dead or alive doesn't change what I did or the fact we had a falling out," glancing downwards for a moment and sighing heavily at the memory of that day before returning her gaze to Lisa-Joe.

"I've accepted what happened I won't be seeking him out, I am certain forgiveness is not on his mind. I'm not here to cause waves I am-" she stopped it felt almost frightening to say it after the loss of her own husband and child.

"Looking to embrace someone once I figure out a more permanent residence," giving Lisa-Joe a warm and giddy smile. Hiding that terrifying feeling of thinking of adding to her blood, for the third time.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 10:34:54 AM »
Lisa-Joe pulled out a fresh cigarette, offering one to her guest as well. A pink Zippo lighter ignited, and before long the room was filled with the acrid smoke of burning tobacco. She flicked her ash into a nearby coffee mug left empty after a meal. It smelled slightly metallic. She mirrored Brianna's posture, except for one detail. A crimson nail polish was pulled out of a drawer, and Lisa-Joe began a new top coat. The room was heavy with smells, and a smokey delight.

To the substance of Brianna's words, Lisa-Joe was thankful that the ancient had gotten it all out there.

Good. Nice and simple.

"It's not my place to judge anything that happened in the past. I find things like this are often left there, however, if you are in need of a mediation that is a service I provide as Harpy. I would just ask you have very specific goals in mind."

There was a polished aspect of her dialect that gave it authority. It was the tone of a polite aristocrat.

"As to your announcement, congratulations! Will you be residing with us in Central?"

Her cigarette hung lazily from her mouth, as the Harpy's brush moved across the surface of her index finger.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 05:14:22 AM »
Brianna nodded her head in gratitude as Lisa-Joe offered a cigarette, something to keep her hands occupied and Brianna was pleased to hear judgement had not followed her, at least not here. Plopping the cigarette in her mouth with one hand and pulling out her zippo with another, not a pink one but black with initial's B.D engraved in red, a favourite colour of Brianna's. Brianna thrust the Zippo gracefully back in her pocket, she inhaled deeply, the ember burning bright and reflecting in her eyes, gazing at Lisa-Joe.

"I thank you for the congrats it's appreciated," smoke billowing out of her mouth and nose and spoke in a gentle and confident tone, at first.

"I'm not sure yet," leaning over and ashing her cigarette, "I know too much," Brianna stated uncomfortably, her gaze flicking downward then back upwards to Lisa-Joe. Her cigarette hanging loosely in her own two fingers, continuing to speak in a worried voice.

"I am concerned I will have people looking for me. Not to kill me, but because I have factual knowledge about more than one person of power in this city. I do not even know if I am worth the hassle to be an official resident," she did not wish to get back into any sort of espionage work and that was true. Brianna did not need the harassment or the paranoia that could follow from the District Leader or their staff, thinking their recent resident could be a double agent.

"Having someone for mediation to drive the point home I am not here for work or political purposes would be helpful," her true goal was to look for a child to embrace. Whether Brianna would find one here remained unseen.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 06:28:52 AM »
Lisa-Joe followed the older vampire's train of thought, but considered that she was misreading the situation. Nobody had said her name since she left, at least in the Central District, and if anyone was in the public's cross hairs it wasn't a former spy master, but the former Oligarchs and current District Leaders. Things had changed. Still, she didn't wish to minimize the woman's fears. She opted to reassure her instead.

"Jake runs a well policed and well informed district," she related to Brianna. "The Nosferatu act as our intelligence gatherers and I can say  that none of our covert actions had included your name, or former work."

Kerr, Jake, Zoheret, Zeus and if he was still around, Conner were the ones everyone was buzzing about.

"My suggestion is you form a residence, and if you feel as though you're experiencing issues, please report it to myself or sheriff Luke. We will investigate if needed, but don't let fear keep you from focusing on your real goal of siring."
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 11:51:45 AM »
"Your words bring comfort to an old fossil," Brianna told Lisa-Joe. A playful wink directed at the lovely Brujah. Perhaps her own sire was right, people have forgotten and that brought Brianna a great relief.

Learn from your own past and admit your wrongdoings, no matter the age. Take note of every misstep, correct your behaviour. We have lived through far too many centuries to stop aspiring to be better now.

Her Sire's advice echoing through her mind, tender and sweet. Not the reaction Brianna expected when she returned. She was certain her Sire, whom she also called mother, would display emotions of anger and disgust. Hatred and contempt. Yet in an unexpected surprise, Brianna was met with sympathy and forgiveness. Tolerance and support. It made Brianna regret not keeping in contact with her ancient Sire more often, something Brianna was planning on changing.

"What type of lodgings do you have available right now?" It would be a good idea for Brianna to have a look at the housing options available before she made a decision.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 04:04:22 PM »
Lisa-Joe smiled beyond her normal politeness at Brianna's kind words. Whatever her past sins, she clearly wasn't still deep in them, and the Harpy now hoped Brianna would choose their district. Perhaps, like many of Anarchs, this ancient one just needed a home. Well, they normally reserved certain rooms for new fledges, orphans, or important guests, but Lisa-Joe decided to pay kind words with kind actions.

"Well, you can always stay here at the White Rabbit. It's very safe from the sun, being underground. It ain't the most fancy living, but we do have blood on call, the ability to live among other supernaturals and share a space. It's the best nest you'll find in the city. If nothing else, stay here till you got a proper place. I can recommended Haven Crest if you like."

She wouldn't be upset if the elder refused the offer. Why would one so old want to stay in the equivalent of a queer vampire frat house? The redhead checked her watch. She needed this meeting to end soon, not because she wasn't enjoying the other's company, but because she had other matters to attend to as Harpy.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2019, 05:51:07 PM »
"That is incredibly gracious of you," Brianna confessed in a low grateful tone. Perhaps a change of atmosphere would be good for Brianna, "I'll accept. It wouldn't hurt, the atmosphere is different than what I am used too and perhaps that is what I need for a while." Finishing off with a polite smile to Lisa-Joe noticing the Brujah checking her watch, too bad.

"You have been a big help, I've enjoyed talking to you. I like to take a rain check for when you're not busy. Point me in the right direction. I shall not keep you," she said sweetly. Certain someone would show her to the accommodations.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2019, 05:58:58 AM »
She accepted the compliments, returning them with an even and practiced smile. She stood and shook the other woman's hand. It was cold and hard, a vampire's hand. The Harpy used her desk phone to summon Amy, one of Maria's assistants. She instructed the young vampire to find chambers for their guest, and to go back to her other duties afterwords.

"Word," Amy said, motioning for Brianna to follow.

"Good evening," Lisa-Joe said, returning to a sitting position and opening up her computer. They were done for the night. Lisa-Joe would exit a short time after, seeing Kerr leave, and collecting a wounded looking Jake. It was all in a night's work.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.