Author Topic: The Impression That I Get  (Read 13245 times)

Offline pentagrandma

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
Re: The Impression That I Get
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2019, 03:59:28 PM »
... “Can they use mind-control?” Could she have already encountered a vampire and had her memory wiped? Could they do that?

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
  • Mind my wicked words and tipsy topsy slurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2019, 06:30:41 PM »
"Define mind control for me please." He asked, immediately thinking of one taking control of another and from his experience with Hofflan he knew that wasn't exactly the case. He didn't want to scare her away from Vampires either so he didn't want to just explain his experiences outright. He knew his experiences were more on the not great side, but everyone was worth getting to know due to their individuality. Plus, he didn't want to particularly put her in danger if he spilled too much about the facility in its existence.

Offline pentagrandma

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2019, 11:19:15 AM »
Aislin’s brows drew sharply together. The fact that Dreki had requested a specific definition was more than telling; they could, at least to some extent. Besides, mind-control seemed pretty self-explanatory to her. “Um,” she said after a drawn-out pause, refraining from retorting back a query of, can they control minds?

... “Like, can they alter memories? Can they make a person do things against their will? Hypnotism? That sort of thing?”

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2019, 04:11:11 PM »
He shifted uncomfortably in his seat. They could do all of that, and he knew from personal experience. However out of all his interactions with vampires, only one had actually ever done any of that to him, so he wondered if it was something that was usually frowned upon.

"Hypnotism I feel is an incorrect term for what they can do," he answered, "they can indeed alter memories and take control so that way you are forced to do things. However, this doesn't seem to be a common practice. Out of all my students, co-workers, and friends who are vampires, there is only one that I know of who has done any of that. I don't think it is something that is welcomed within the supernatural society at all, but I haven't been in the habit of asking around either." He really hoped this wouldn't scare her away from them, but at the same time he wanted to be truthful so that in case something ever happened, she would try and defend herself the best she could.

Offline pentagrandma

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2019, 06:31:23 PM »
Aislin’s jaw dropped. Yeah, that was scary as all hell. “So I could have already met one and been made to forget?” She hazarded, before a dawning realization had her blurting out, “But wait! How do you know it’s not common practice? If altering memories is something all of them do, it’s not like you could know. They’d just make you forget it ever happened!” Her hands tightened around the hem of her sleeves; treating the excess fabric like a stress-ball without any give.

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2019, 04:20:39 PM »
"The couple of other vampires that I've been close with enough to tell them of that part of my past, they seem horrified by it more than anything. I know it's not common practice because again, only one has ever done such things to me. Usually you can tell to some capacity that it has happened to you. You lose blocks of time and have a bit of a mental fog over it when trying to think about what happened. I don't know if they can replace memories full out or not, but mine haven't been." He explained a little better. He really was trying hard to not mention the facility or his adoptive father or anything like that, but Ash certainly was making it tough for him.

"If you had met a vampire, and they wiped your memory of it, you would know," he said, "I know that sounds funny, but, it's not like forgetting something you've been told or walking into a room and forgetting why you walked in there, but rather, trying to think of what you did on a certain day, and just having parts of the day that feel important, but you cannot access those parts. It's a different feeling altogether than any other, it's hard for me to describe beyond that." He felt like he repeated himself a little, but wasn't really sure how else to get the point across that there was more to it than just the memories going 'poof'.

Offline pentagrandma

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2020, 12:38:54 PM »
Aislin fixed Dreki with a look that expressed a hefty measure of doubt; not that he could see it. With lips twisted into a deep frown, and brows pinched, she responded with a drawn-out and uncertain, “O-kay...”

She stewed on his words for a time, then eventually asked, “Is there anything else I should know?” Her mind was drawing up blanks - but she knew she’d have more than a mere handful of questions ready for the next time they’d meet.

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2020, 08:13:28 AM »
"I guess, just be careful around night time really." He said trying to think of anything of importance, "Most of them are much like other people, the majority of them are good, but there are a few bad apples. However given how a race is only out at the night time, then anything bad you could run into at night might be made worse, but also might not be. If you're worried about anything, you can always send me a text." He offered to at least get her to safety whether it be getting to her or telling her to go somewhere else.

Offline pentagrandma

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2020, 04:14:48 PM »
Again, Aislin fell quiet. She didn’t feel comforted by Dreki’s maybes, but it did help to know she had someone to call if she needed to. Would avoiding going out at night even keep her safe? If a vampire wanted to, could they come into her home? Or, like in some stories, would they require an invitation?

... “Does a vampire need to be invited in?”