Author Topic: A Lovers Intervention  (Read 9014 times)

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
Re: A Lovers Intervention
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2020, 07:19:23 AM »
Ari felt a twinge of pride, as Royce admitted he was glad the memory of his worst act was still his own. He nuzzled the boy's hair, growling low as he squeezed him tighter. As Royce cried, Ari truly softened. He felt the regret and self loathing that came through their bond, and he wanted to make it all go away, and he would.

"You're right Royce," he sweetly lied, digging into his weaker psyche as they continued to cuddle. "You won't forget this time."

He let the boy cry, sending his love to Royce through the bond. He wanted to make it all better, and he was moments away from doing so. Royce's last point was a true one, but Ari was sure Charon only needed one more reason to destroy Royce, and Ari couldn't let that happen. If Royce died, then Ari would greet the sun. That's how much his existence depended on his love.

"I will find a way to help you Royce," he whispered. "You're a good man. I'm going to prove it to you. I love you."

The only people he'd ever told that to were his sire, and now Royce. Ari didn't have much love to give, and so it was easy to give it all to Royce.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline sully

• Wordsmith
  • Unemployed Psychopomp
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2020, 02:09:57 AM »
Royce dissolved further into tears at Ari's words, unable to sense his sire slowly encroaching on his mind. "I love you too Ari. With everything I have. You're the most important thing in the world to me. I'd give up anything and everything to stay with you." Pressing his face further and further into his sire's chest, Royce sobbed "I'll be better, I promise. I'll be good. I'll proven to you, Charon, and everyone else that I can do it. I can have it together and be worth having around. I promise... I promise..."
“Fiction allows us to slide into these other heads, these other places, and look out through other eyes. And then in the tale we stop before we die, or we die vicariously and unharmed, and in the world beyond the tale we turn the page or close the book, and we resume our lives.” American Gods - Neil Gaiman

“Writing isn't about making money, getting famous, getting dates, getting laid, or making friends. In the end, it's about enriching the lives of those who will read your work, and enriching your own life, as well. It's about getting up, getting well, and getting over. Getting happy, okay? Getting happy.” On Writing, A Memoir of the Craft - Stephen King

Alistair - The Demonologist
Archie - The Watchmaker
Butler - The Eloquent Thug
Eva - The Viper
Johnny - The Fiddle Player
Royce - The Party Boy

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2020, 06:32:57 AM »
Royce had never told Ari he loved him, not in so direct a manner at least. Ari had been waiting on those words for such a long time, and he was riddled with pain that Royce would forget saying them. He couldn't leave that part in and erase the rest of the day without leaving a tendril others could follow.  His mind reached into Royce's and began the work, sorting some things and ripping out others. He gave fake memories of a day spent together, of Royce being allowed to feed on a drunken at Ari's permission, and then the two of them making love here in the motel.

It was a wonderful, beautiful lie, and Ari wept for the first time in over five hundred years. He wept into his love, who he placed in a trance so he could do his work. It was a cruel irony that Royce's growth wouldn't be remembered, just so Ari could keep him safe. In this moment, he hated Charon for perhaps the first time. It was fleeting, and replaced by guilt, but it was there and real. He quickly regained control of himself, and slid next to Royce, holding him in a proper spooning.

As Royce came to, he'd feel Ari's arms around him, and soft lips kissing the back of his neck.

"Did you have a nice day Royce," he asked, as if he'd had a nice day too. Lying was hard, but it was easier when doing it to Royce. Ari learned to lie from him after all.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras