Author Topic: I Wanna Get Better  (Read 25560 times)

Offline pentagrandma

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Get Better
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2019, 06:38:56 PM »
“But like,” Ash reiterated, “What do they feel like on you? Is it like having another pair of limbs?” She drew her lower lip thoughtfully into her mouth, chewing on it briefly before offering a soft, “I’m glad they don’t hurt you anymore.” Another moment was spared in quiet awe and admiration of those beautiful feathers before she moved to stand at Dreki’s side once more.

With a smile that bled into her tone, she said, “Thank you for letting me get that out of my system. We can walk again, now, if you want.”

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
  • Mind my wicked words and tipsy topsy slurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2019, 04:42:52 PM »
He began to walk again when she said they could again and he thought about it for a moment. Just what did his wings feel like on him? That was a harder question to answer that he expected.

"I guess, most of the time they feel like nothing. They are like other limbs of mine but they feel natural being there when they are out. When they are not out, honestly its more like they are not even there at all." He explained, unaware that when his wings aren't out, that they are in another plane altogether much like how other Angel's wings worked.

"I have a sword I can call upon too. That just feel like a sword but honestly I have no idea where it goes when I don't need it," He added on not minding that Ash knew that, "That I'm not going to call out in public, or here. It might cause people to panic or worry for a sword to suddenly appear like that." He let out a small chuckle with his exhale as he explained that.

Offline pentagrandma

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2019, 06:25:38 PM »
Ash pursed her lips as she contemplated Dreki’s assessment of how it felt to have wings, and tried to imagine having her own set. However, after a period of intense concentration - as though she might will her shoulderblades into spreading outward - she gave up, shrugging away the tension she’d managed to create instead.

With the mention of calling upon swords in public, a little burst of laughter bubbled forth. “I know better than to ask you to show me that here,” she said in humored defense, following his explanation. “My curiosity doesn’t totally outweigh my sense of reason, you know - even in a place like this.” Aislin swept a hand out in emphasis, indicating their very surreal surroundings. Extraordinary as it all was, she knew that brandishing a weapon anywhere could be (very reasonably) seen as antagonistic. Just because the freedom was given for the supernatural to unveil their true selves, didn’t mean it was an anything-goes sort of event.

Even as she spoke, she took in everything. Together, she and Dreki casually strolled toward the food stalls - and when at last they were nearly there, Ash caught sight of Sam headed their way. “Oh,” she began in declaration, lifting a hand to flag the vampire down, “It’s Sam.” Her focus drifted further back, expecting she’d find Remi following close behind, but the angel wasn’t there. Too bad; she’d have liked to know how he’d liked the cotton candy.

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2019, 08:52:58 AM »
He smiled at her laughter, felt a bit more confident, a bit more like himself. She did seem to understand his mildly joking nature, which helped him feel better about everything that has happened thus far in regards to him gaining his freedom.

"Remind me later, when appropriate I'll be more than happy to show it to you if you want." He mentioned to her, walking with her towards the food stalls, letting her taking in the sights. He was used to some of the sights they were seeing, althought seeing people with horns and even tails, was interesting to him. He didn't want to stare too hard at anyone, lest they think he was rude, but he did catch a few glances his and and at his wings. He didn't mind so much, he knew that people could sense that something was off about his supernatural nature. Sam could when they first met, that angel, Remi, who came by obviously could given his very forward question. He was mostly used to the looks that he got.

When Ash announced Sam, he felt himself grow shy again. Remembering there kiss, he felt hope but nervousness. Was Sam willing to be romantic with him right off the bat again? After all they fucked the first night they met and started to talk. That was quite the memory, one he wouldn't mind repeating. He wasn't sure if Sam would be up for moving that quickly again, he wasn't even sure he was up for that despite wanting to be able to. He was unsure of so much, it scared him. His smile had reduced a little but was still on his face.

"Is Remi still with him, or no?" He asked, noting the lack of his mention in Ash's voice. He wanted to talk more with the Angel, and learn more stuff, as he started to move towards the direction that Ash was waving towards to close the gap between them and Sam.

Offline pentagrandma

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2020, 07:56:31 AM »
“No,” Ash replied, allowing a touch of disappointment to color her tone. “Just Sam,” she said, smiling for the vampire’s benefit and slowing her stride as he neared.

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2020, 08:30:44 AM »
A mild sense of disappointment crossed his face upon hearing that, but he hoped that things weren't lost with how Sam and this Angel reacted to each other. But it cleared since he realized it would be a nice walk with Sam and Ash. Things were looking up in his life after all, Sam had kissed him before running after Remi. Remembering the kiss and the fact that Sam was about to be near again, caused a smile to make it's way on his face, as he started to walk towards Sam's direction, or at least the direction that Ash waved in, to be walking next to him again, and maybe start up some light conversation. Part of him wished that he had some alone time with Sam before he would have to go back to work for the night anyway. He debated in visiting the booth possibly after Ash would leave anyway. He too had slowed down with Ash as Sam neared.

"So how did that go?" he asked Sam once they were next to eachother again, "I see he didn't make it back with you." Part of him would have joked to Sam about chasing the angel away, but, he didn't want to make Sam mad. They just started talking again and part of him was still terrified he'd ruin it all again, and was taking it safe.

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2020, 03:36:18 AM »
Samuel wore a frown with his perplexed smile as he approached Dreki and Ash, his conversation with the angel Remiel having brought little enlightenment despite its length. He scratched the side of his nose thoughtfully, sparing a smile for Ash as he moved instinctually to Dreki's side, lowering his hand to grasp the blond man's.

"No, he... well, he only wanted to try cotton candy, then he left but... he doesn't remember being who I remember him being," Sam mused aloud, his lips twisting in thought. "He says he hasn't been here on the Earthly Plane long but... he's definitely connected to Gene. Somehow," Sam decided, abandoning Dreki's hand as easily as he'd taken it in order to bring his phone out of his pocket.

"Oh," he said dumbly once he realised he'd been about to try and show a photo to a blind man. He knew Dreki couldn't see two dimensions. He thrust the phone at Ash instead, knowing she'd be able to compare the image on his phone with the angel they'd encountered in real life a short while ago. "See? He doesn't have the beard and his hair is longer there but don't you agree they look exactly the same? Like, exactly. Even down to his freckles and no two freckles are ever the same!"

Offline pentagrandma

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2020, 11:17:15 AM »
Ash lifted her brows marginally as the phone was thrust in her direction. With Dreki stationed between her and Sam, she had to awkwardly twist and bend to peer at the screen; a hand instinctively rose to the edge of the phone, but her fingertips were careful to avoid Sam’s.

“Whoa! It really does look just like him,” she confirmed. She hadn’t paid enough attention to the arrangement of his freckles (Sam must have spent a lot of time admiring them to recognize their precise pattern), but if someone had told her they were twins separated at birth, she’d have believed it. “Wild,” she said, exhaling the word upon an astonished breath, before lowering her hand back down to her side and easing back into her previous stance.

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2020, 11:14:10 PM »
When Sam had grabbed his hand, a small smile had formed on his face, his heart beat a little quicker with excitement. He felt the loss of it when Sam stopped to grab his phone but gave a small chuckle  when shown the phone and then it was quickly removed away to show Ash instead. He had believed Sam, but Ash's response also solidified that even more.

"Well maybe you can figure out how he is connected to Gene. Were you able to talk to him enough to be able to exchange numbers or even get him to see you again?" He asked also kind of interested in this. Part of it had to do with Sam's very huge interest in it, but it was also interesting to hear that someone who used to be one person is now another with fully different abilities. It was odd to say the least, and part of him wanted to offer to help out, but he doubt he could anyway. Really he just wanted to be there for Sam.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2020, 12:35:46 AM »
Pleased with Ash's concurrence, Samuel looked at his phone once more, shook his head, locked it and put it back in his pocket. His hand made it back to Dreki's and clasped it loosely while he answered his question.

"Number... no. He's coming to The Luminary tomorrow night to see the Oligarchy file I have on him, though. Well, the file on Gene. Hopefully that's enough to convince him," Sam shrugged. "He was keen to see it now but I said I had to stay here. Luckily he's free tomorrow night. Did y'all get food yet?" he enquired, looking at their surroundings more closely.

He hadn't had an eye for much else besides Gene once he'd seen him again. He gazed around at what he'd been missing.

Offline pentagrandma

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2020, 05:45:46 AM »
“Oh,” Ash began, likewise pausing to look at their surroundings, just outside the food stalls; they’d almost made it. “We didn’t, but... I’m not sure I want anything anymore.” Her anxiety had mellowed out a tad on its own, and she doubted she’d find anything with alcohol in it, anyway. “We can just go somewhere else, unless either of you would like something?” With a glance at Sam, she awkwardly amended, “Err... Or just you, Dreki,” focus turning toward the part-angel instead.

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2020, 11:55:06 PM »
He smiled lightly feeling Sam's hand lightly intertwine with his. As a result, he had loosely curled his fingers upwards, to show he was open for it.

"Let me know how it goes," he said, he hoped that Sam would be able to connect with his friend again. Sam seemed kind of upset, which was understandable, he'd be upset if someone he cared about had forgotten about him. He wanted Sam to be happy. He was still finding his own happiness and while he wouldn't rely on Sam to give that to him, it was hard to not laugh along with him, smile along with him. It was a better feeling than his previous coping strategy of various one night stands. He felt nervous but happy. He didn't want to lose this again and he was worried about that he'd would some how fuck it up again.

"Oh, they have blood bags for vampires so they can eat too, people are able to willingly donate to that as well," He mentioned to Ash letting her know it was ok for them to offer to walk with Sam for him to get something to drink as well, "I'm not hungry right now either, if anything I was just going to grab a light snack if we did stop. I'm find with just wondering really, so if there is something either of you do wish to do, just lead the way and I'll follow."

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2020, 03:53:02 AM »
"I don't need anything right now," Samuel smiled, looking around them at all the direct shapes and forms of supernaturals moving past them. He wasn't overly fond of demons. The fact that they ate souls he'd always found to be a turn off, though their different powers were all amazing. He wasn't overly keen on brushing shoulders with them at length, however.

"How about we go to the rides?" he suggested. If Ash couldn't get the alcohol she desired to shake off the nerves, perhaps her riding something that would shake her would be preferable? He predicted they could find something they could fit in as a trio and it would be an activity that should steal his thoughts away from Gene being back, too.

Offline pentagrandma

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2020, 01:52:38 PM »
“Oh!” Ash gushed, expression brightening as she pressed her hands together in enthused supplication. “Yes! Let’s ride the Ferris Wheel! I’d bet the view is incredible!”

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2020, 08:34:09 PM »
"Sounds like fun," he said with a smile, "I've never been on a Ferris Wheel before, so I'm a little excited." As a kid he wasn't allowed to really do anything dangerous thanks to his dad, and thus an amusement park or carnival of any kind was always out of the question. It was exciting to him to finally experience things he couldn't before.