Author Topic: Favourite Things  (Read 16917 times)

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite Things
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2019, 08:08:45 PM »
Trick wend an arm around Harm's shoulders for him to better snuggle against Trick's side. With a grin, he held Harm tightly to him, giving him a bit of a squeeze before staring up at the ceiling of Harm's room.

"You're good in bed," Trick said after a short moment. "Watching you put your fingers in your mouth was sexy as." Trick turned his head to look sideways at Harm, his expression curious.

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2019, 10:49:42 PM »
Harm blushed anew at the compliment, pressing his face in against Trick's chest as new feelings swirled inside him - the response to being appreciated in unexpected ways, which continued to astound him. He giggled shyly then took a breath and pulled his face back, wriggling so he could put his elbow over Trick's arm and rest it on the mattress. He supported his head in his hand - after a few reflexive swipes to be sure his hair was behaving - and looked directly at Trick.

His broad smile and the light dancing in his eyes would tell Trick how he felt about his words but he persevered to respond anyway.

"Thanks, I - uh, no-one's ever said that to me before," he admitted with another giggle, his free hand brushing gently over Trick's sculpted chest. He was filled with self-consciousness but was strangely proud, too, so he was having difficulty maintaining eye contact. His gaze shifted between Trick's phenomenal eyes, his lips and watching his hand's exploration of his chest. "It was, well - it was because of you, anyway," he murmured with a little shrug, smiling at Trick's mouth, "all that amazing kissing. My mouth got lonely without yours, it's not really... it wasn't premeditated. I just needed something in there and you were too far away."

He grinned as he leant forward to kiss Trick, hoping he didn't look as idiotic as he felt. And sounded. Trick had a way of turning him tongue-tied like no-one but Luke ever had. Maybe it was a good sign as far as the depths of developing feelings went but it was an awfully awkward slide down. He was used to feeling a lot more sophisticated and in control. One genuine compliment and all that flew out the proverbial - and out of his head! When he pulled back, he hovered close, proving that he enjoyed the proximity to Trick's mouth.

"I think I was only good because you are. We're good together. Because you're beautiful and charming and you make everything fun and amazing. But I s'pose it also could've just been... the angst," he amended with a playful sigh, his lips twisting and his gaze shifting into a far-off squint of serious contemplation... of the headboard.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2019, 09:06:20 AM »
Trick watched how Harm took the compliment by burying his face and then adjusting his position before looking back at him. He smiled when Harm thanked him, made a temporary forced sad face when Harm mentioned nobody had ever paid him such a compliment before. After the brief explanation of why Harm had done it, Trick interjected.

"I had to close my eyes and not look at you doing it or I would've cum too soon," he admitted, a cheeky glint in his eyes. He kissed Harm back and raised his eyebrows at the steady stream of compliments that gushed out of Harm's mouth.

"What angst?" Trick asked, deadpan. He couldn't hold the expression for long before he was chuckling.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2019, 11:20:50 AM »
Harm raised his eyebrows and smirked when Trick admitted he had to stop looking at him with his fingers in his mouth. He hadn't known it was that hot - he'd have been much more deliberate about it if so. "Good to know what gets you going," he interjected with a grin.

When the 'what angst?' comment came, Harm squinted, his mouth pursed and his head shaking in reproval as Trick tried to avoid playing along. When he relented, Harm did, too, laughing and leaning down to play-bite his pec. "You're such a stirrer," he admonished, though it was clear he thoroughly approved.

He steepled his hands on Trick's chest and rested his chin on top of them, gazing at his lovely face with adoration. "So, where are we aiming to kick off this world adventure, anyway? London? I figure I'll make some enquiries at work tomorrow - well, today, actually," he giggled, his gaze sidling towards the clock on his bedside table before returning to Trick's eyes, "and it will be helpful if I know where you want to begin. I'll also need to get started on my passport," he sighed, planning his day. "Do you work today?"

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2019, 12:26:05 PM »
There was a pause as Harm led the conversation on his own, asking questions and then plunging ahead without answers before Trick found a break to reply. He answered the last question.

"Not until noon but I got a class at eight," he said, "Those clothes I wore last night should be fresh enough to get me by tomorrow. Are we going to have that shower now?" he hinted, his smile broadening.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2019, 01:21:21 PM »
"Yeah, okay. My shower's pretty shit," he warned, wrinkling his nose as he got off Trick and led him by the hand into the bathroom next door. His shower was inside a bathtub and had a shower curtain rather than being a nice modern glass and tile affair. He thought of the hotels he'd visited recently and wished he had a bathroom as nice as those to impress Trick with.

Harm turned on the light as they entered, blinking at the sudden brightness after his dimly-lit bedroom. He pulled the curtain back and leant in to turn the shower on, making it nice and warm because he was suddenly a little shivery without Trick's warmth up against him. When it was running properly, he looked dubiously at the tub and then at Trick. The shower head was generous and the pressure was great but the curve of the tub's base limited the footing and was potentially slippery.

"You go first," he invited, his expression softening into a smile as he turned and took in the beautiful, naked man filling up most of the space in his compact bathroom. "I can wait." He shuffled out of Trick's way, intending to sit on the toilet until it was his turn.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2019, 02:10:04 PM »
"Not much different to my bathroom at home," Trick said, "Though you would know that already because you used the upstairs bathroom," Trick remembered. "You can join me. If you recall, I can make the water do whatever I want." He raised his eyebrows and made a cursory check of the water's temperature with his open palm before stepping in. To prove his point, the water moved in a flowing ribbon around his neck, cascading down his torso around and around, wrapping around his legs before being discarded into the tub and slurping down the plughole.

Trick reached out a hand for Harm to take and the ribbon of water wend a path around it doubling back beside itself after moving around his hand, defying gravity until it finished swirling around Trick's body and legs. The water nymph's eyes were dreamy as he regarded Harm, soft focus on him as some of his attention remained elsewhere.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2019, 01:37:27 AM »
Harm's mouth dropped open and he was frozen in place, filled with amazement and a sweet sense of wonder that pricked his eyes and made his heart skip a beat. His smile was slow-growing and still mostly just hanging open, his gaze riveted on the swirl and weave of the water. When he lifted his hand and met Trick's, he felt a zap of electricity on contact that left him tingling, his skin taut with goosebumps and his breath catching.

He stepped into the tub feeling like he was stepping into a dream, watching the water with hypnotic fascination. Instinctively, he pulled the curtain closed behind him but he needn't have bothered; there was no errant splashing with Trick in control. Harm gasped when Trick made the water flow onto him, stiffening because he expected it would feel alien or strange... but it just felt like warm water flowing over him.

Fascinated, he lifted the hand not hanging onto Trick and poked it into the flow but it just felt like he was sticking his finger under a running tap. That didn't ruin the magic of it, though. He still watched it snaking around them like it was a living thing, occasionally glancing up at Trick. His eyes seemed... bluer? More watery? Definitely prettier but... it was almost like they were water pools, reflecting the element he was controlling. Harm pressed close to the water nymph, laughing breathily when the water encompassed them both while he got to feel Trick's muscular form against him.

"You... amaze me," Harm whispered, watching the water move. It went nowhere near his hair, which he especially liked, since he didn't want to deal with wetting it (he'd already washed it, dried it and fussed with it before he'd met Trick at his work) and he hadn't thought to pull his shower cap on. He lifted up onto his toes and hugged Trick while kissing his chin. Harm could see he was concentrating but he was drawn to his face like a moth to a flame, pooching his lips along Trick's jaw while he reached past and picked up his bar of soap. When he had it, he brought it back and rubbed it over Trick's back, marvelling at the feel of interrupting the water's flow. He sighed contentedly and pulled back to grin up at Trick.

"You are magical," Harm breathed in wonder. How had he forgotten Trick had this gift? It left him practically speechless, unable to adequately express his awe. "Where do you want to travel?" he encouraged, aware that he hadn't got a specific answer earlier but feeling better about asking now because it was all a dream fringing reality so beautifully.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2019, 08:11:58 AM »
Trick smiled a little more broadly at Harm's expression, his hand closing over Harm's when it was taken. The water spiralled over both of their hands before Harm stepped into the tub. Trick's gaze remained fixed on Harm and his movements. He opened his mouth to speak but the chittering of rings across the pipe holding the shower curtain silenced him.

Pressing Harm to him, water fell with a splash where the flow was interrupted at their torsos. "Sorry," Trick mumbled, his eyes growing more distant as he resumed the snaking path once more, this time wending it around Harm as well. Where the water touched them it was warm, where it did not they felt the cool of the bathroom air. Once the water was back in its spiral from neck to moving in four separate spirals around their legs and departing at their ankles, Trick's gaze sharpened and he grinned at Harm.

"I'm not magical," he said after Harm's words of the sort. "Just a fae, doing fae things," he said, then giggled. Trick sobered a little when he was asked where he'd like to start their adventure.

"I would like to start with England. Get used to being somewhere foreign where they also speak English. Ease our way into it. I don't want to be in one place more than three months. I'd rather a week or so, maybe two if the city's nice."

His grin broadened and the spiralling water around their legs straightened out, falling as though gravity had a better hold.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2019, 10:49:57 PM »
Harm giggled along with Trick when he said he was just a fae doing fae things, biting back the urge to argue. Trick's abilities were definitely awe-inspiring and he was incredibly sexy while he was doing them. Fae was absolutely Harm's favourite type of supernatural now - not that it was a competition, as such (but if it were, fae would win).

He began to wash them both with the soap while the water swirled around them, at first reluctant to interrupt the streaming water but growing more confident as it became apparent he couldn't ruin anything with his interference. The way the water wound around them was odd and marvellous all at the same time. Soaping up Trick's body through it was a delightful challenge. He could certainly have made extensive use of Trick's abilities at work; controlling water would make bed bathing a dream.

Harm nodded at Trick's logic about English-speaking countries but frowned at the time frames he gave.

"Yeah, but if we don't stay places for a bit longer, we could be limiting our chances of picking up work to support us. Then we'll be relying on savings only, which will cut our time short overall. We may have to strike a balance - but if we stay in places longer for work, there should be opportunities for lots of short trips away," Harm offered, his voice quiet - not just because he knew his proposal wasn't Trick's ideal version of travel, but also because he felt like a soothing tone was conducive to not breaking Trick's concentration with the water.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2019, 08:26:51 AM »
When Harm spoke about short trips, Trick paused in his movements, his dreamy gaze turning inward and then he breathed out surprise. "Oh! Of course," he said. The water spiral lost traction and fell to the bath with a splash. They were momentarily sprayed with water from the shower head but the stream returned immediately afterward, re-wrapping itself around them.

"Damn it, sorry," Trick mumbled. Two seconds later and the water flowed as if there had been no interruption. "I haven't practised focus in ages," he explained.

Trick sighed and shook his head, taking in breath. "When I imagined backpacking across Europe, it would always involve me picking up casual work. Labour-intensive jobs, you know? I thought maybe if I was lucky I'd pick up some rich girls at the beach who wanted to be taught surfing. They were never the kinds of jobs that needed sticking around. I never thought about choosing one place to stay and then visiting nearby towns and stuff. I'd not considered I'd win myself a smart boyfriend with a fancy degree who could get better paying work," he said with a grin.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2019, 01:30:13 AM »
Harm flinched as one side of his face copped a spray of water but then he laughed as it stopped almost as quickly as it had begun and Trick apologised. Harm brushed back the parts of his hair that were now dripping and swiped his face, marvelling at Trick's skill in re-establishing control of the water. "That's okay. Clearly you should practise focus more often, then. Especially on me; I love this," he enthused, grinning broadly as he glanced down their bodies at the water once more swirling around them. He kissed Trick's throat just because it was easy to reach and he was insanely happy.

As Trick continued speaking, Harm's gaze was drawn upward. He smiled and blushed furiously at the end, the words 'win', 'smart' and 'fancy' jumping out at him and ricocheting around his brain in a giddy mess. Not to mention 'boyfriend'. He was still getting used to that, and the way Trick was able to just casually throw it out there like it happened every day. Harm wished it wasn't such a Big Deal to him, it made him feel unsophisticated and inexperienced by comparison but he also knew this wasn't a competition (even if he'd been 'won' somehow?! It was ludicrous, really. If anyone was the winner, it was him. He was still reeling he'd managed to pull someone as amazing as Trick!).

He giggled self-consciously, momentarily lost for words and soaping the same spot reflexively while he stared at Trick's chin and scrambled for a response.

"It's not fancy," he demurred, "it's just a job. But a versatile one - there's always sick people to look after. You can still look for labour-intensive work. I dunno about rich surfer girls," he teased, making eye contact at last, his sudsy hands moving along Trick's arms to do his biceps, shoulders and underarms (he wasn't even thinking about the fact he was washing Trick like he was a patient), "but I bet you could get hospital work pretty easily - there's always a wardsperson shortage at my hospital. I can't imagine it'd be any different overseas. It's a hard job everywhere. Minimal training but a lot of long hours of heavy lifting and moving around. It'd keep you fit without even trying - and without a gym," he grinned, giving Trick's biceps a pointed squeeze as his fingers passed over them. They were one of his favourite parts of Trick's body.

"You'd just have to be okay with the occasional dead body. We could end up working in the same place. That'd be cool!" Harm enthused, his eyes lighting up as he envisioned he and Trick sharing shifts and then having the same free time to tour around and for Trick to take photographs. It sounded like bliss.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2019, 09:04:44 AM »
Trick's arms were wrapped around Harm's body, his right hand holding his left wrist, resting at the small of Harm's back. He freed his hold and began swiping gently up Harm's back, without soap, pressing his hands against firm skin and muscle and stroking up and down as he spoke. He broke past the swirling water, causing tiny splashes each time he moved his hand through the current.

When Harm suggested he also work at a clinic, his expression remained neutral until the words 'occasional dead body' caused him to frown. The expression was forced away before he spoke again.

"We'll see how I do," he said, then he lit up, meeting Harm with his dreamy look. "This is going to be amazing. Life-changing."

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2019, 01:17:31 PM »
Harm sighed lightly and luxuriated in Trick’s touch, smiling. He noticed the frown at his corpse prompt because he’d been looking for it. Not everyone was cut out to deal with the cycle of life and death in hospitals and he wasn’t going to encourage Trick to pursue something that made him uncomfortable. It wasn’t ever easy and Harm was pretty sure Trick usually chose the path of least resistance in his life.

Until he met Harm, anyway. He’d been challenged from the start, having to face the fallout from his past and figure out early what he wanted. He’d been offered an easy out tonight. He hadn’t taken it, though, for which Harm was profoundly grateful. They were diving in at the deep end in so many ways. The manner in which Trick spoke of their future was false, in Harm’s opinion.

“Silly Prince,” he admonished with a soft smile, taking advantage of his greater range of movement to begin cleaning Trick more intimately, “‘this’... already is.”

To distract from the fact that he’d just told Trick he’d changed the course of his entire life - which was true but potentially overwhelming - Harm concentrated on the cleaning of their bodies. It became a delightful game, seeing if he could distract Trick enough to drop the water ribbon with gentle, slippery hands or increasingly heated kisses.

He was disappointed it had to end but also pleased to get dried off and back into the bedroom with Trick. It was late and they were both lagging with tiredness. The whole evening had a magical quality to it, enhanced by Trick’s astounding abilities. Harm was thoroughly enchanted.

Of course, he spoilt the ethereality of their night when he warned Trick that, because he ran hot, he’d be best to stay on his side of the bed because Harm often woke up sweaty, so he knew himself to be a covers off-covers on type of restless sleeper. He was embarrassed by it, wishing he could be one of those cute, spooning type guys that loved being held and falling asleep wrapped cosily in his lover’s arms... rather than being the guy that pushed him away to keep his own space to sweat in. Not sexy.

He opened his window to let cool air in and moved the curtain partially aside to let some light in (for Trick’s benefit, in case he woke up while it was still dark and needed to orient himself), delighted to find Frog Prince on the floor on his way back to his side. He was left out of the bed in favour of the real thing, tonight. They righted the covers and Harm put away the lube and condoms, smirking because it made him think of the wonderful experience they’d had - as if still being able to feel Trick inside him and his touch on his skin wasn’t enough. After a sleepy, contented kiss, Harm rolled back to his side of the bed and fell asleep quickly.

It felt like seconds later when his alarm catapulted him out of sleep at quarter to six. He used a sleep app that had a gently-increasing, soft wind chime type alarm that he was used to, so it woke him quickly. He shut it off, his heartbeat sounding loud and disruptive in the sudden silence. He looked over his shoulder, pleased that Trick didn’t seem to have been disturbed by it. After a minute of quiet sitting (to allow Trick to descend back into sleep, if he’d subconsciously registered Harm’s alarm), he crept around in the dark, pulling on underwear and scrubs and sitting on the side of the bed to put socks and sneakers on.

Harm paused before he left the bedroom, watching Trick - who was mostly a shadowy version of himself that Harm’s inner eye provided details for - sleep. He really didn’t want to go. The urge to crawl back into bed with the water nymph and enjoy another hour or so with him until he got up for class was strong. With a reluctant sigh, Harm forced himself to go. He closed the door when he went into the bathroom so the light didn’t disturb and hurried through his morning routine.

Before he left his apartment, Harm lifted Trick’s camera bag onto his breakfast bench so it would get Trick’s attention. Beside it, he placed the parking pass (it was in a clear plastic sleeve attached to a maroon lanyard he’d got from some medical professional development session or other) and the spare key to his apartment. He stared at it sitting so innocuously beside the parking pass, on its chunky Assassin’s Creed logo key ring, wondering if he was making a mistake in leaving it out without saying anything.

It was really just a convenience, so that Trick could come and go as he pleased... but Harm knew it could also be interpreted as more meaningful. It wasn’t that he was asking Trick to move in or anything but... hell, they were about to embark on a journey overseas that would have them together all the time. Why not practise before they left, to find out if they could? It would be stupid to find out they got on each other’s nerves and did nothing but fight about toothpaste or something when they were irredeemably far from home. Or maybe that was better because they’d have no choice and have to work things out?

Harm wasn’t sure and it made him feel squirmy but he left the key there anyway. If it was still there when he got home, he’d know Trick wasn’t interested in trialling things before they went and he wanted them to remain separate, at least for a while. It would be a subtle question asked and answered without the need for an uncomfortable conversation. If it was gone when he got back... Harm’s heart leapt at the thought as he got his bike off the wall and strapped his helmet on. He slid into his backpack and closed the front door as quietly behind himself as he could, riding hard for work once he was outside in the crisp morning air because his dithering over Trick was going to make him late.

If the key was gone when he got back then their adventure had truly already begun.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2019, 02:56:42 PM »
When Trick opened his eyes he cast a puzzled look at the furniture beside him before turning his head and blinking blearily at the walls. It took a moment before the realisation was apparent on his face, though there was nobody to witness it. Instinctively he looked over his shoulder and reached back to the empty space beside him.

He was awake quickly, though his eyes felt gritty from not having had enough sleep. After getting out of bed he used Harm's bathroom, also taking the time to wash his face to help wake him the rest of the way. The grittiness of his eyes was mostly gone by the time he was finished in the bathroom and bedroom, fully dressed. He closed Harm's window and locked it.

Entering the lounge he saw what Harm had set up for him right away. With a smile he approached his backpack, the parking tag capturing his attention momentarily before the key won him over next. He stared at it for a long moment before fishing around for his keys and then attaching it to one of the rings, chunky keytag and all. He pocketed the keys and the parking tag before shouldering his backpack and heading out, making sure that the door was locked before he left.

The air smelt different here. He could smell the mix of different foods - a peculiar bready, savoury smell that he couldn't associate with any meals he'd ever eaten, though it had him salivating and his stomach growling. There was also a mechanical smell, and the humming of machines and the sound of cars, not yet honking at one another as they had the night before. Chinatown looked different in the daytime, the lack of neon and lighting lending a colourful falseness that had dazzled him previously had become a lush reality - at least in Harm's apartment complex. It was very still; nobody stirred in any of the apartments. It was early but it wasn't that early.

With the weight of Harm's key burning a hole in his clothes and the parking pass in his back pocket, Trick walked to the parking garage and drove away, heading for a familiar class and away from the adventure that he was keen to have.