Author Topic: Synthesized Angel  (Read 11564 times)

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
  • Mind my wicked words and tipsy topsy slurs
    • View Profile
Re: Synthesized Angel
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2020, 08:00:49 PM »
He turned around and looked back to the reporter.

"So, asking outside of the carnival is not the best way to get info on the carnival. You'd be better off going inside and asking the random goers. Do you need help getting there?" He asked and without giving a chance for the reporter to speak, he looked towards Al, "Do you mind helping him get there?" He asked Al in hopes he'd say yes and whisk the reporter away quickly.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 06:28:32 AM »
"With pleasure," Al groaned, grabbing the young Nos reporter by the scruff of his coat. The young Nos tried to scurry and scamper away, but Al was stronger.

"You can't stop the free press," his voice called out. "People have a right to know about their leaders, especially ones not elected in fair contests," he yelled at the remaining trio. "Do you think this will effect McCloud's chance of being elected? What is Zoheret's shoe size? Do you think Ben is old enough to lead?!"

All of these were shouted as he was drug away. Nocturnal News was out of scoops for the moment.

Tyler was covered in gore. Slashes ran up his midsection, and dark burns covered his arms. He collapsed onto a rock formation to rest, as Manuel tied up the one remaining Sabbat. They'd taken a prisoner to confirm their story to the ward. They'd killed several vampires this night. Piles of ash, flesh, hair, blood, and clothing littered the area around them. They'd won the fight though, and Tyler had figured out that the scheme to frame Zoheret was a Sabbat plan.

"Follow their trail," Tyler said to Manuel, and the Gangrel nodded before shifting and following the trail of gore in search of answers. Tyler grabbed the prisoner, a young female Lasombra and tossed her over his back. Tyler didn't have the blood left to run at a super high speed, but did their best to get back quickly.

He reached the trio as Al carried away Daniel, and plopped the unconscious prisoner down on the ground.

"Could one of you direct me to the director of the ward," he said calmly, despite looking like he needed a drink and some time to heal.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2020, 08:08:42 AM »
It would take hours for the female vampire to die, unable to consume all the poison that would ensure her death within minutes. Interrupted with a tackle by the damn Brujah Tyler. Captured alive, her vitae drained beyond being a threat now, snarling with malice as Tyler threw the Lasombra over their shoulder. The ride back uncomfortable and humiliating. Al stopped abruptly for a mere moment when Tyler returned, his eyes buldged wide at the carnage the Sabbat had inflicted. Saying nothing, only giving Tyler a small nod, as he continued to drag the screaming Nos away from the group.

"You should let Dreki heal you," talking to Tyler in a whisper. The blood that wrapped Tyler like a blanket, but the female Lasombra took Clara off guard. She had never seen one up close. Tyler would see his guitar was safe and sound.

"The director was last seen inside the Carnival dealing with something," Clara said. The unfortunate distraction had called the Ward's attention to it, making the Sabbat's job easier than what it should have been tonight. Clara could have cursed. If the Ward weren't dealing with other matters, their agents could have had the resources to deal with Sams's kidnapping. Clara did not blame the Ward.

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
  • Mind my wicked words and tipsy topsy slurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2020, 04:37:24 PM »
"Zoheret's shoe size, what a weird thing to be concerned about," he mumbled as the reported was dragged away, but it wasn't long after as the smell of blood filled the air, as Tyler joined the group. His sense of smell wasn't better than that of a mortal's, maybe slightly more tuned in certain scenarios, but he was aware that if he could smell the blood, there was a bit of an issue, although he couldn't smell it until after Tyler had joined their group. Tyler could still seem to move on his own from what he gathered, which was good at least.

"Hey look, I'm going to give fair warning that I've never healed a vampire before, that was never something that was tested out with me," He had walked up to Tyler, his concern was great and wanted to at least help in whatever way he could, "Would you let me try?" He asked and when Tyler agreed he nodded and put his hands on Tyler's shoulders. "Let me know if you feel uncomfortable and I'll stop," He explained not wanting to hurt Tyler either, as he had no idea if his powers would have adverse affects either. He closed his eyes and began to concentrate only to find nothing. Usually when healing others, he could find an internal connection and with Tyler, he couldn't. He kept looking for one, but gave up once a headache started to brew for himself.

"I guess I can't heal Vampires," He said sounding a bit disappointed in himself, "But I do heal and regenerate faster than most mortals, not enough to allow you to feed more than normal, but I'd be able to handle it better than others, would feeding help?" He was planning on offering Tyler his wrist if it would help. He remembered when Hofflan would take blood from him, feeding at his wrists, that it didn't quite have the same affect as being fed from anywhere else. He hoped that he could strike a balance between the discomfort that place brought and the pleasure that feeding normally gives, to remain focused and able to help.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2020, 05:29:09 AM »
Tyler looked upon Dreki with a thankful smile. It was rare to meet someone with healing powers, but he wasn't surprised that the effort failed. Vampires were cursed things. Most light magic harmed them, not healed them. It appeared this was the case here too. He considered the offer of feeding, but declined with a shake of his hand.

"I thank you for your efforts," Tyler said to Dreki. "But I think I'll leave you intact. Healing is a rare and powerful gift. I have no doubt you'll use it for others soon."

To Clara, he cautioned a glance. "If I were you," he advised, not unkindly, "I would be prepared for the worst. Jake will likely be livid, and I can't protect you from this."

Tyler then grabbed the prisoner by the scruff of her neck again, and nodded in goodbyes to the assembled gaggle. He was off to find the director of the ward, and explain what really happened.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras