Author Topic: Office Hours  (Read 10547 times)

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
  • Mind my wicked words and tipsy topsy slurs
    • View Profile
Re: Office Hours
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2020, 09:36:54 AM »
He had allowed his hand to be grabbed as he noticed the lack of writing when he had dropped that nugget of knowledge. It was nice hearing those words, but hadn't expected such empathy. He knew everyone had their own skeletons and now he was curious about Dr. Barrow's given what was just shared. He didn't ask because he knew that in such a setting, it wasn't about the doctor, and that his past was hard for him to talk about, then I'd someone could relate with him on that, then it was probably hard for them to talk about too.

"That's fine. My days off from this job are Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays so any day that I do work would be preferable. There is one day I'm at the other campus, but I can make it here no issue on that day too. I appreciate this." He said, knowing that even though it was a short visit. It was a good start, he'd be getting help from now on, and hopefully at least start to learn to live without these issues compounding him always.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2020, 05:34:03 PM »
Dr. Barrow decided on Thursday, and worked with Dreki to identify a good time. With the date settled, the consultation felt complete. He knew a good amount about his newest patient, and they had agreed to use therapy and medication. It had the potential to be an interesting case, and perhaps some of his more revolutionary techniques could be applied. He rose from his seat, the sound of the chair pushing back on the ground.

"Thank you for coming in, and for sharing about your life. We have work ahead of us, but I think if we work together we can make some improvements."

He tried to give hope without selling a dream. This dose of realism was essential, for one too many patients had the wrong idea about treatment. It didn't fix you in a single session's time.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
  • Mind my wicked words and tipsy topsy slurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2020, 12:43:48 AM »
He stood up as well, and while he wasn't the most happy that it would end up on being on Thursdays, he could work around that without issue as well.

"Of course, I'm excited to get started on that," he said with a smile, "see you on Thursday" and with that he started walking towards the door, to leave unless he was stopped. His visit was at least productive and was mostly excited to at least start on getting things done no matter how long it took.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2020, 01:10:39 PM »
Dr. Barrow said goodbye to Dreki, and then returned to his desk. He made a few more notes regarding his case and story, and wrote his progress report for the case as he was currently thinking about it. Within a few minutes, he finished and went back to his other tasks, eagerly awaiting the next person to drop by during office hours.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras