Author Topic: Cravings  (Read 7847 times)

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Cravings
« on: February 07, 2020, 08:44:12 AM »
Win woke up alone at the Detour the next night and took his time leaving. He smelled the pillow Gable slept on and cuddled it for a while before getting up and dressing. He returned to the Luminary and started looking for jobs. He circled a few that he was interested in until he saw the perfect one; a painter needed another artist to take over her studio, selling her paintings while she was away. He called her up on the phone and spoke to Bianca, who wanted Win to sell her stocked items in the back room, and would prefer he keep the gallery open with fresh paintings of his own on display.

He met her at the studio and she gave him a brief tour and rundown. They were well-suited to each other and she made a few comments that led him to believe she was in the know about vampires. She showed him the wall that was always going to be her wall, and the rest of the studio display area was his. He thought that was fair.

She handed him keys, showed him how to record invoices on the system, and suddenly he was the proud manager of his own artist studio. He spent the next two nights painting his own works and meeting her customers, discovering that she was well-connected with some rich clientele. With his ability to scan their interest, he knew where and when to press a sale, and also to charge a lot more than what he'd originally been thinking. He'd been out of the artist game for too long.

Win set up a bank account at one of the smaller banks, his ID being 'sighted' by a bank teller who he influenced throughout the night. Now that he was earning money he could leave the Luminary and pick himself out a new place to live - somewhere better than the Detour. The week rolled around before he could even think about looking though, and soon it was the night where he had his standing date with Gable.

On the walk to the taxi rank, Win entered the store a few doors down from the gallery where he worked and came out with a small box. The cab driver was paid from Win's newly earned funds and he picked up the key from the Detour's manager, confirming another late checkout. The box in his hands was glanced at but nothing was said.

Win entered the room, freshly turned and awaiting his and Gable's activities for the night, and he closed the door behind him, not locking it. He placed the square, bright pink cardboard box onto the small round dining table and sat on the bed, waiting. He was half an hour early but he didn't want to get naked again this time. He wanted to see Gable discover the box and pull out what was inside it.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Cravings
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 09:36:03 AM »
Gable's week had been very long and stressful. Friday had been the worst of all; he'd had to head off more than the usual bureaucratic disasters on his boss' behalf and he hadn't even reached home until eight o'clock. He'd had loose ends to tie up (via email) until after nine but he managed to scarf down some food and squeeze a shower in in between sending fiery missives that showed just how short his temper had become.

He also got some pushback that pissed him off from the Works Department and then there were more spotfires to be doused. He hadn't enjoyed the sensation of gritting his teeth and replying politely instead of telling them all how fucking stupid he thought they really were. It took him far longer than he'd planned to get everything smoothed over and appropriately lined up for Monday.

Although he was looking forward to seeing Win, by the time he let himself into the motel room - wearing a slightly dressier outfit than the week before of jeans, a black T-shirt and sneakers - his shoulders were tight with tension and his eyes were glinting with suppressed rage. He was pleased that he'd arranged this date. A few hours of hard fucking was exactly what he needed to relieve the week's stress. When he found Win still dressed, his eyebrows flicked upward and his mouth twisted momentarily, displaying his disappointment.

He was distracted by the box in the middle of the table. His head tilted as he approached it, looking from it to Win and back again. The vampire's gaze was eager and alert, telling him that the box was for him. He was still in a bitchy mood, though, so he asked anyway. "What's this?" he demanded, pulling his shirt over his head and spreading it across the table near the box.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 11:14:20 AM »
Win saw Gable's bunched up muscles, the tightness in his jaw and the flicker of some kind of emotion in his eyes. He didn't register the disappointment but he knew whatever Gable had thought when he'd looked at him, it wasn't good. Win stayed upbeat because deflating was only going to add to the tension. Besides, maybe his gift had come at just the right time.

"I bought it fresh for you," he said. Unable to contain himself, he said what it was. "It's a cupcake."

He didn't know what flavours Gable liked so asked the girl behind the counter what the biggest sellers were. Red Velvet was apparently a crowd-pleaser, as was the Double Chocolate. He'd ended up with their number three most popular - Cookies and Cream. He figured it was like two treats in one that way.

Win loved bakery smells and he wanted to share that with Gable. He couldn't eat it and enjoy it. He'd tried putting food in his mouth and holding it there to spit out, so he could satisfy himself with mortal food flavours at least, but even though they smelled delicious, his tastebuds rejected it. Only blood tasted wonderful anymore.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 07:58:05 PM »
Gable smiled thoughtfully and picked the box up, opening it to look at the sweet treat inside. He wasn't a fan of sugary things, savoury was more appealing to his palate, but he appreciated Win's effort. It mightn't excite him enough to want to eat it but the thought certainly counted. "Thanks," he said with a smile, glancing over at the vampire before closing the box up and putting it back down on the table.

Turning to face Win on the bed, he began undoing his jeans. "It'll give me some energy when I need a boost later on," he smirked, kicking off his sneakers. His gaze turned hungry as it rolled down Win's body. He continued to strip his clothes off as he spoke. "You getting undressed or is that my job?" he snickered, wondering why the fuck Win wasn't naked yet.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 08:30:45 PM »
Win watched Gable pick up the box and look at the cupcake. Then he put it back down. Why wasn't Gable eating it? He lightly scanned Gable's surface thoughts and was surprised, feeling inept about not having done the right thing to please him.

His hand strayed to the collar of his t-shirt toying with it when he was thanked and told the cupcake would provide energy. Appreciation but Win had missed the mark. He shifted and quickly pulled his t-shirt off over his head.

"You can deal with the rest of my clothes whenever you like," he offered, trying to be suave even as he slid off off the edge of the bed onto his knees. Win licked his lips obviously, hoping Gable would be pleased with a revisit to their first night together. Gable liked starting off the night receiving a blow, Win remembered.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 11:49:39 PM »
Gable chuckled as he pulled off his last sock and tossed it on top of his pants. He walked over to Win, his interest in what was about to happen obvious as it swayed straight out in front of him. He grinned down at Win, cupping his face and running his thumb over his lower lip.

"I'll put it on my agenda," he snickered, pressing his thumb between Win's lips, hooking it over his bottom teeth and gently dragging his jaw open. With the tip of his tongue poised on the centre of his top lip, his breath fluttering out of him, Gable pressed the head of his cock alongside his thumb, grazing the vampire's cool tongue on his way to the back of his throat. He did it with excruciating care, sliding in slowly and steadily until Win engulfed him.

Clothing removal would come. First things first, though.

~*~

As usual, the night ended with Gable sprawled on the bed, freshly-showered and catching his breath. He wasn't so tired this week; in fact, he was energised by the night's events and the release of tension. Win hadn't let on that he was surprised by his increased aggression nor fought it when Gable was selfish, following a blow with two rounds of fucking Win long and slow and hard, once on the bed and once in the shower. He cuddled Win against his chest while he rested but his mind was elsewhere, the particular clarity a good, cathartic fuck could give allowing him to see many of his work issues from a new perspective.

He was thinking about what he'd do when he got home, the notes he'd take, the plans he'd make and the memos he'd create to send on Monday. He was a whirlwind of efficiency, thanks to Win and he was grateful he'd agreed to this regular thing, even if he was too cerebral to talk at the moment.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 12:56:51 PM »
It was the first time since their meeting outside Venture that Win was reminded once again of Lazarus. Gable's sex was reminiscent of the blonde Ancient tonight, taking what he needed and wanted and giving only the bare minimum to keep Win comfortable - at the very least not to hurt him. Win's body had been punished enough tonight to actually ache and throb for a while before he healed back to normal. He'd enjoyed that, and knew that Gable was extremely satisfied with how tonight had gone. Bad start, strong finish. Win was relieved the night had turned around.

"You know, if you want to do this before Friday comes around, we can have extra nights too," Win suggested.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2020, 02:24:33 PM »
Gable laughed at the suggestion of extra hookups but when his amusement died and there was a strange silence in the room, he realised Win had been serious. "Oh," was all he managed to say, staring up at the ceiling, his thoughts quite suddenly shunted off the work track they'd been happily motoring along.

It had been odd enough to contemplate meeting up regularly with someone to fuck, now Win was offering they get together more often? Maybe that cupcake had been more serious than Gable had thought. Maybe Win hadn't just been thinking about him before they got together tonight but more often? Gable wasn't sure how to deal with this news. He wasn't looking for a relationship and certainly not with someone he'd have to keep as a secret from every fucking person he knew - and meeting up more often than once a week was definitely sounding relationship-y.

"Nah, just Fridays are good, man," he said with a casualness that sounded forced even to his own ears. Fuck. He hadn't expected Win to go and make it awkward. He should've known he'd get clingy, with the way he liked to cuddle but... that'd been nice. Damnit. Maybe he should skip a couple of Fridays, too, just so Win didn't get the wrong impression... something in Gable balked at the thought. The sex was too good to go acting crazy. He could communicate his rejection in other ways.

"I might get going," he declared, withdrawing his arm from around the vampire and waiting for him to peel himself off his chest. "I don't wanna sleep here again, I lost all of Saturday when I did that last week." He gave an awkward laugh.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2020, 04:41:45 PM »
Strike two.

"Sure, sure," Win agreed that just Fridays were fine. When Gable removed his arm and made noises to leave, Win quickly moved away from him and sat up. He struggled for something to say that would lighten the mood. He watched Gable rise to collect his clothes for leaving. "I'm still new to the city, you know? I have a lot of free time."

He thought about the art studio and considered that some of his time would be spent there now. At least he had something to work on. He was going to try and use it to familiarise himself with the supernaturals of the city. Maybe hit up some of the supe clubs and get his art in them, or take commissions. Business networking often led to friendships, he found.

"I might have less free time soon," he added pensively, then stole a glance at Gable to see if he cared at all.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2020, 04:45:39 PM »
Gable reached his clothes and picked up his underwear first. He turned to face Win.

"Oh? Why's that?" he asked as he stepped into the first leg hole of his boxer briefs, maintaining eye contact with Win as much as he could in between looking at what he was doing.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2020, 07:01:45 PM »
"I've got myself some work so I can earn money instead of just mentally scamming my way through everything. It was fine when I was on the move but I'm staying in this city for a few years so I can't keep depending on the charity of the Luminary."

He smiled, pleased to be able to divulge a little something about himself. Gable had asked, at last.

"I have to produce a lot of artwork to build up my portfolio. Then I'll be able to peddle it."

He didn't say that selling to rich mortals would be easy. And he also didn't add that he wanted to make friends of the more supernatural kind. The Luminary's guests tended to keep to themselves and there were a lot of convenient mortals around to cuddle up with instead. Win, like his sire, didn't test his willpower often.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2020, 09:45:16 PM »
Gable's eyebrows flicked as he heard Win say he was staying in the city for a few years, wondering why he said it that way. It implied that he didn't tend to stay places for long. He moved around a lot? And he hadn't been in this city long but he'd already decided he'd do something out of character and stay? Okay.

For some reason, the information made Gable uneasy and he chose not to address it. "Artwork?" he asked instead, pulling on his jeans. The word 'portfolio' explained it a little more but Gable was still intrigued by the notion that Win actually had a job and it was based on art. Art, for fuck's sake! What sort of unstable, unreliable career was that? "You're an artist by trade?"

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2020, 10:30:48 PM »
"By trade," Win repeated, the words unusual to him. "I guess so. I've been painting for most of my life. I was a musician once for a while but there's more... competition for such things now and busking doesn't make as much cash as it used to. Out of all the creative things, I like painting most. I suppose now it is my trade," he said, and smiled. "I'll have to get back into practice, it's been maybe a decade since I've picked up a brush."

He spoke casually of his history, thinking up memories of his time on the road, staying here or there for a few months at a time. Painting was often an opportunistic thing, but he did tend to hang around with other artists so the opportunity would come up more often than it would for a normal person. "I'm a poet as well but it's not big anymore. It was a huge deal around the time I was sired. You could woo yourself a roomful of paying clients with a really good poem."

He chuckled even though it wasn't a joke.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2020, 11:12:18 PM »
Gable smiled politely, unable to imagine what a roomful of people receptive to poetry would even look like, let alone do for you. Did Win used to make money from that sort of thing? It didn't sound like any sort of stable income could've come from it, in Gable's opinion. Times had changed, though.

"How old are you, again?" he asked, tilting his head curiously. He'd forgotten how old Win was - if he knew, he couldn't remember asking but it hadn't been a priority - but it seemed a relevant question to ask when they were discussing making money from poetry. How long ago had that been a thing?

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2020, 11:19:09 PM »
Win hesitated at the question, feeling like it was loaded with a great deal of potential negatives. How would Gable consider him after hearing his age out loud? Most people were awestruck and amazing, their eyes lighting up at the idea of immortality and Win's path upon it. A few - and Win believed Gable might be one of these - realised that it meant Win was an old man in a young man's body, and started acting peculiar around him.

There was no other option though, only the truth.

"I'm a little over two hundred." He licked his lips and shrugged his right shoulder, feeling quite suddenly vulnerable.