Author Topic: Pursuant of Desire  (Read 16144 times)

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Pursuant of Desire
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2020, 10:05:18 PM »
"This is insane. I'm insane," Gable whispered to himself, huffing a breathy laugh as he glanced around them. His theatrical pursuit of the vampire had earnt him some second looks from people but only one couple approaching from the opposite direction was paying him much mind. Seeing the pursuer and the pursued come together had been resolution enough for most of the street's occupants and they were hurrying on with their nights.

None of the people looked familiar. Though there was definite tension in Gable's shoulders, the rest of him was relaxed enough to still be primarily focussed on the way Win had made him feel in the bar. Hunted. Desired. Tormented. It was a ridiculous but heady cocktail that he wanted to throw back in one hard, frantic swallow. He met Win's eyes at last, taking in his sorrowful expression. He wanted to think that it made no difference but it did. It really fucking did. He couldn't bear to see him like that.

"I was wondering... d'you wanna come back to my place?" he asked huskily, his gaze sliding sideways as that couple levelled out and then passed them, strangers passing in the night. Once, he and Win had been strangers but not anymore. He was as conflicted about that as he was grateful but fuck it. Win had played a good game and now he just wanted to get laid. Yeah, fuck it.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2020, 10:14:29 PM »
He read the uneasiness in Gable's body, the tension in his shoulders. Win could almost feel it coming, like the windup of a serious punch. A haymaker, it was called, and it was about to knock the wind out of him. It would leave a bruise on his ego and leave him suffering the after-effects for days.

How dramatic, love. He could hear the sneer in his sire's voice at his thoughts. Whenever Win spoke his tragic thoughts, Lazarus would either laugh, make fun of him or show his impatience. Right now his imagination had chosen for him. Perhaps he was being impatient with himself.

The way Gable's eyes darted from person to person around them. Yeah, he didn't want to be out here, potentially identified with some piece of blood vermin. Gable was looking at him with an expression so pained that it twisted in Win's gut.

Here it comes, he thought as Gable opened his mouth to finally punch it out. When what came next was not a breakup but an invitation to see Gable's private residence, Win was struck dumb. He stared at Win, his mind unable to process the words because they weren't anything like how they were supposed to sound. Gable might as well have said: 'Engine tall boneyard, frame glue?' for all the sense it made to Win's mind.

What? Win almost asked, except his brain finally caught up to what his ears had really heard and he responded with an answer that worked with the question.

"Yeah." But what was he thinking? He'd been on the verge of walking away from Gable, knowing that it would only end badly. How else could it end when Gable worked for supernatural-hating politicians and his career meant everything to him?

But... later. Right now he was wanted, and the invitation caused his suffering heart to soar.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2020, 02:13:10 AM »
Gable let out a breathy sigh of relief when Win accepted and he beamed at the vampire, a new excitement travelling through him. "Okay. Cool," he said as calmly as he could manage. He spun around and made eye contact with the front cab driver sitting in his cab up the street, waving his arm to signal him to come closer. The rank was cleverly positioned just outside the bar and near the club next door but Gable still didn't want to walk back in that direction with Win. He didn't want to risk anyone he knew seeing them together.

Thankfully, the cabbie noticed him and rolled down to the two of them almost immediately. They slid in and Gable gave his home address, relaxing back into his seat and putting his belt on when the car pulled away from the kerb. He looked over at Win, aching to touch him but also enjoying the tease of him being so close and them remaining apart. Normally, he'd get home using public transport but that hadn't seemed sexy or polite when he'd invited Win to come with him. A cab was far more gallant and he was going to enjoy being in it.

"All good?" he asked quietly, succumbing to temptation and reaching across to entangle his hand with Win's while he gave the vampire a smile that was a little bit shy and a lot bit lusty. He thought about pulling Win's hand over to press it to the firmness between his legs, wishing he dared pull down his zipper too. It only made him harder, contemplating it.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2020, 10:11:29 AM »
If Win's heart had a beat it would've been thumping hard. He felt out of his depth quite suddenly, riding in the cab with the man who he'd almost walked away from. He was still reeling from the fact they were still in each other's presence, that Gable had actually followed him out of the bar and collected him off the street. That counted for something, right?

The question came at the same time as fingers entwined easily with his own. He stared at their connected hands before raising his eyes to Gable and staring at him like he'd never seen him before. All good. Was it all good? No, not really.

"Yes."

Consent, then. Consent to give all of himself to Gable and see where this went. It wasn't good but he wanted it anyway. He would be Gable's dirty secret until Gable was done with him. Honestly, he should be ashamed of himself for not preserving his dignity, but he wanted to be with this man and if that was the cost then so be it.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2020, 02:57:06 AM »
Despite his deviant thoughts, Gable managed to control himself for the rest of the cab ride, settling for holding Win's hand the whole way. Once he had Win over the threshold of his apartment, however, all bets were off. The vampire barely got a glimpse of the tastefully-furnished, open plan living area - filled with sleek, expensive furniture, a huge television and a mini jungle of live potted plants - before Gable was grinding into him, his chest pressed hard against the front door as Gable's elbow dug between his shoulder blades and he returned the favour of the treatment he'd received at the bar.

It was frantic and rough and over in next to no time, their clothes wrenched aside to accommodate their desperate coupling. Once the burning lust was out of his system, Gable found the sense to draw Win into his bedroom, depositing his work bag on the dining table on the way and undressing Win tenderly, trailing kisses on every bit of skin he revealed. His room was slanted with moon and streetlight because he hadn't turned any lights on or closed the curtains. When they were naked, he laid Win down upon his huge, king-sized bed on his silken linen sheets and made love to him in a way he never had before. Perhaps it was an apology for their first union, he wasn't sure, but he didn't let thinking about it slow him down.

When he finally collapsed in a panting, sticky heap on the mattress beside Win, Gable realised he hadn't let the vampire top either time and he was surprised with himself. There was something about inviting the predator into his own domain that struck a domineering, territorial note inside him, he guessed. Like he wanted to piss on everything and claim it as his, even though Win was a fucking person, not a possession. He wondered if he should apologise and turned his head on the pillow to gaze at the vampire, trying to gauge his feelings. Just because he hadn't protested throughout didn't mean he'd loved Gable's eagerness.

"You're quiet," he murmured, because Win usually had plenty to say at the motel but Gable couldn't remember him saying more than maybe two words since the cab.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2020, 06:24:00 PM »
Win, normally easygoing and chatty, happy to converse about any old thing, could only look at Gable and smile. He knew it wasn't going to be enough to satisfy Gable - although God willing surely the human was plenty satisfied in other ways by now - so he hunted around for something to say.

"Speechless," he said through his smile, gazing at Gable like he was some kind of new beast. "Enjoy it while it lasts," he joked. Win turned in bed, bending his leg so he could use his foot to brace himself as he lifted his hips and twisted around, facing Gable. A quick scan showed him that Gable was concerned about how forceful the sex had been.

"I like..." he hesitated, looking at the sheet between them for courage to say something so simple and oddly vulnerable. "I like what we did." He lifted his gaze. "Both times," he said, ensuring that Gable wouldn't think that Win didn't appreciate both styles; the hard and the tender... although the latter had been exactly what his soul had needed. Well, the physical culmination of it.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2020, 10:20:05 PM »
Gable chuckled at Win's joke about his quietness but he didn't fully relax until he was told that Win had liked what they'd done. Both times. It was a quiet sort of appreciation, though, nothing flashy or overly enthusiastic. Nothing like he usually was. Even after all these weeks meeting up with the vampire, Gable didn't know him well enough to know if he was telling the truth or not. If it was a lie, it was clearly to appease him, though, so he probably shouldn't worry, it was just...

Was it his fault things had changed? Because he'd invited Win back to his place? Was Win regretting it, thinking he was going to want more now, because he'd made it personal? Shit. Frowning lightly, Gable cleared his throat to be sure his voice came out alright. He'd mostly got his breath back now. "Look, I... I hope I haven't made it weird? Bringing you here? I was surprised to see you and I just... " he shrugged, searching for the right words, "I wanted you. I had to have you. And here was closer."

He hated that he sounded tentative and apologetic, uncertain of where things stood. It was his own stupid fault. He shouldn't have blurred the lines but he hadn't been able to resist Win. Maybe it was his fault for being so fucking hot.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2020, 08:37:14 AM »
I was surprised to see you and I just...

The hope Gable voiced, addressing the shift in their connection, made Win feel oddly validated that he wasn't the only one emotionally slipping. It made him happy and strangely smug. It went away when Gable made it all about the sex. Boo.

Win knew he was making it harder on himself, letting a few words in the right direction play with his heart so rapidly but he couldn't help it. That was who he was. Lazarus had been delighted by the discovery that Win would always fall for his mind games. He thought that in the end his sire had eventually grown to love him and that was why he'd been dumped so callously - because Lazarus prided himself on not needing or loving anyone. Win figured if he could just hold onto Gable long enough, once they reached that point where Gable would have to decide between Win or his career that Win would have some chance of being the one selected.

He doubted it but it didn't stop him from hoping.

"I don't feel weird being here," Win said after a moment's pause, his thoughts and realisations moving through his head in an instant. "I like all the plants. It makes your place look and smell fresh and alive. Could use some paintings, though. Or a mural, right there." He pointed at a large blank wall begging to be Win's canvas.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2020, 11:51:55 PM »
The reference to Gable's lack of art on his walls caused him to flinch a little as he recalled Win's hopeful invitation to his show. Was he making a dig that Gable hadn't turn up? Guilt clenched his gut, not for the first time. He'd said he'd go but... when he'd started getting ready, he'd felt weird about it. It wasn't their relationship. In fact, attending something like that for someone else was something a guy in a relationship did. Surely Win got that?

Still. There was the guilt eating at him and it was persistent.

He scoffed. "I wouldn't know about that, I dunno anything about art. It's... part of the reason why... I didn't come to... your show," he admitted, finding the usual conviction in his voice deserting him and leaving nothing but a weak whisper in its wake. It was a lot easier to look at that blank wall than at Win's face, too. "That and... it felt like I'd be crossing a line. I want to see your art, I really do," he said, his voice strengthening as truth lent him conviction, "but, I mean, we're regular and all but are we ready to move away from just hooking up? It seemed... too soon," he mumbled his admission.

It had seemed too soon to cross their lives in ways that didn't involve just sex but then he'd gone and brought Win back to his place tonight, so now who was blurring the lines? Fuck. Besides, it was one gallery showing, not a wedding. Maybe he'd been a little too dramatic about it all. He liked Win. Maybe that didn't have to be such a big deal, either. And maybe he was just feeling a little reckless after his work life and his private life had mildly intersected tonight with no immediate negative repercussions. Maybe he should lighten the fuck up.

Gable looked Win in the eye. "Is it too late? Is your show over?"

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2020, 08:08:48 PM »
It was startling how positively Gable was responding to Win's sadness. He'd thought the other would be more attracted to his positivity and enthusiasm but he'd held Win at bay until he'd thrown puppy-eyes Gable's way and run off. Now that they'd come here to Gable's place (a miracle), Win still wasn't his characteristically upbeat self and Gable was offering to come to his gallery.

How strange.

The question gave him pause even though his heart felt like it was in his mouth. If he opened it, all kinds of emotional things would come spilling out. He had to squash that down and be cool about it. After a long look at Gable, Win finally answered.

"The best pieces have already sold but there's still paintings you can look at," he said with little emotion.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2020, 08:21:03 PM »
Gable tried not to show how hard he was thinking about the situation but his lips pooched slightly, in lieu of gnawing on the inside of his lip. He nodded slowly, surprised that Win was implying that some of his artworks were gone. Didn't all the art stay in the gallery until a show was officially over? He obviously had no idea how this worked.

"Okay. I was thinking... since we met up tonight, maybe tomorrow night I should swing by and check your stuff out? Might find something to fill up my place that isn't a plant," Gable smirked, his words warily spoken as he glanced at Win.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2020, 09:11:02 PM »
"I'd like that," Win said because he couldn't help himself. Unable to remain stoic, he beamed at Gable before thinking that maybe he'd be stood up again. It had been a sour note to a stellar night. While most of his best works had been sold, a few of them hadn't yet been picked up and there was a good chance that Gable would be able to see his favourite one... the one he'd painted for Ichabod, unfortunately. At least he could be sure that Gable wouldn't buy that one. Awkward.

What was that last round of sex about? he wanted to ask but didn't dare. Can we do that again?

Win got up onto his hands and knees beside Gable, seeing how his body depressed the mattress and rolled Gable slightly towards him and the dent he made. Win took Gable's hand in both of his and lifted it to his mouth where he brushed his lips gently over the mortal's knuckles, his heat making him heady.

"I want to paint you," he said, keeping Gable's hand at his mouth but reaching out with one other to stroke lightly down Gable's chest. "You have such a good body."

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2020, 03:30:57 AM »
Gable's cheeks heated at Win's compliment and he was surprised at himself. He didn't have a six pack and a ripped chest with double D pecs but he was proud of his body. It was a little curvier than most but put together with good proportions, attractive body hair and coloured a light brown due to his heritage. It didn't really make sense that him receiving a compliment he agreed with made him embarrassed but here was something alluringly intense about the way Win spoke and looked at him in that moment. Like his body wasn't just good, it was desirable.

"Yeah?" he asked airily, grinning so broadly his dimples showed. "How would that work? You get me to pose naked and try not to move for however many hours it takes while you paint me on a canvas?" He felt like everything he said was suddenly overly elaborate, like his disconcertion would be humiliatingly obvious if he didn't just stop talking... he just couldn't, though. He was too flattered. "How long does it take you to finish a painting? And where we would we do it? At the Detour?" he giggled. The moment the noise registered, he clamped his mouth shut and hoped Win didn't notice that slip up, either.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2020, 07:35:37 AM »
Win smiled back at Gable's enthusiasm for becoming art. He'd prepared himself for receiving a flat no but this was something that bloomed his heart in his chest like a rose. Full and sensuous and delicate, without protection. There were no thorns here. He'd shown his thorns at the bar and on the street and Gable had barely seen them. It was his sadness that had yielded positive results. Perhaps Gable enjoyed 'making up' to someone. If letting Win draw and paint him was making up, then Win would take it.

Win lowered Gable's hand away from his lips, assessing the man before him. "There are a few ways to do it, the easiest for you is for you to pose naked and I sketch you. Maybe a few sketches, different poses, five to ten minutes each. Then I'll take the sketches back to the studio and paint from memory, using one of the sketches as a guide." He smiled. "Or, if you think you could lie still for an hour, I could paint directly. That would take me half an hour to an hour, depending on the style or level of detail."

With a shine in his eyes, he answered one of Gable's other questions. "We could do that at the Detour if you want, which will offer a certain tone to the painting. Or your place, which will add another. Or we could do it at the studio. I have a bed there that you could lie on. I would paint you if you choose the studio. No sketches."

He moved onto his hands and knees and crawled over Gable's body, inserting his leg between Gable's before lowering himself down, pressing himself in all the right places because he knew Gable's body by feel and also well enough to paint it from memory - not that he would share this knowledge. His lips perfectly met Gable's and he pecked at them gently before lingering and then sucking on his lower lip, recreating a sensuous kiss they'd both had during the second time they'd had sex. Made love? Whatever it was, Win was hungry for it.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2020, 10:21:24 PM »
Gable was intrigued by the options Win had for him, curious about seeing him sketch as well as paint. He wondered if all artists took such a short amount of time to create their art or whether that was something unique to Win. Maybe he was especially quick because he was a vampire and had been doing it for a very long time?

The idea of the venue shaping the type of art produced was also appealing and Gable's mind - slowly winding down after a long day at work and the eventful evening that followed - wandered as he considered all his options. He kind of wanted to try them all, just to see what would happen but he wondered if that was weird. Was it too intimate? Was he being ridiculous to consider his likeness recorded on a canvas a greater intimacy than what they did in bed?

Before he gave an answer, Win crawled on top of him and began kissing on him, causing him to smile lethargically. "I'm up for trying any of them. All of them, even," he murmured, pooching his lips and kissing Win back lightly. "I doubt I'll get up for another round tonight, though," he chuckled huskily, aware that Win was trying to coax his flagging body back to life he didn't believe it had. "I have to be up for work in... " he turned his head to look at his alarm clock, wincing when he saw the time, "about five hours. A little less."

He turned back to look at Win, trailing his hands soothingly up and down the vampire's sides as he waited for the gorgeous brunette to take the hint that he should be leaving his place now, so that he could get some sleep.