Author Topic: Unblemished  (Read 10213 times)

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Unblemished
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2020, 10:09:45 PM »
Kerr smiled his love at Ben, grasping his waist lightly and kissing him with the passion such a declaration deserved; it was heartfelt and hard but brief. It was a spark for Kerr's body, completing the trifecta because his mind and soul had already been aroused by Ben's admissions.

"I love only you too," he whispered as he pulled back to stare intently into Ben's eyes, "and I love the idea of evolving with you. I think that's one of the most insightful things you've ever said to me. Keep reminding me of that," he told Ben urgently, pressing their foreheads together firmly before he pulled back.

"But tell me," he began with a thoughtful frown, his thumbs rubbing and digging into the flesh by Ben's hips almost nervously, "when you have control in six weeks or so... will you forgive yourself and stop chasing after men that don't deserve you? Will you be ready to be the one in power and wield it the way I see you doing?" His tongue stud was tapping against the roof of his mouth as he allowed his concerns about Ben's weaknesses into the light between them.

Are you ready for me to let go? Do you believe in yourself like I believe in you?

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 10:55:21 PM »
Kerr's praise extracted a broad smile from Ben as it warmed him to his toes. Kerr's next comment and question required thought and he paused for a moment before answering.

"It'll be the validation I need," Ben agreed. "It'll be something I went after myself, that I wanted for myself. I'm... excited about it in a way that I haven't felt for a long time. I associate that feeling with you, actually. The night we met at Risk." Ben's eyes twinkled at the memory. "It was the most perfect moment of my life."

Ben's hands returned to Kerr's chest, palms against his muscles before they gently slid up and to his shoulders, moving past and linking at his nape.

"I'm so lucky I rejected Lazarus the first time I went there. I'd probably have ended up dead."
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2020, 11:32:29 PM »
Kerr nodded as Ben talked of validation, examining his expression intently and finding Ben's words reassuring. He was on the cusp of metamorphosis, Kerr sensed it. Understanding his own desires better - even though it had come at Cain's expense - was grounding Ben in unprecedented ways.

He was poised to become so much more than the plaything of rich or powerful men that didn't compare to him.

The building excitement was doused effectively when Lazarus was mentioned. The name actually caused Kerr's lip to curl in disgust for a moment. "Lazarus?" he frowned. "Rejected? What do you mean?" he asked, obviously perplexed.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2020, 07:39:48 AM »
Ben had started playing with the hair that ended at the top of Kerr's nape, brushing the pads of his fingers against it when he asked a question about something Ben thought he'd already mentioned.

"The first night I went to Risk," Ben stressed with a lazy smile. When there was no obvious comprehension, Ben quirked his head to the side. "Surely I've told you? I guess... I didn't recognise him then so I guess I couldn't tell you and then it wasn't important. Huh." After a brief pause he explained. "The first time I went to Risk was on a Saturday night. It was packed. The only vampire I ended up seeing was Lazarus, only I didn't know him at the time. He was in a booth with three groupies when we made eye contact. As much of a fucker that he is, he does have charisma and he held my stare with it. He lost me when he gestured for me to come to him. No way was I going to him with three guys already there. The next time I went to Risk was a weeknight. I met you." He gave Kerr a goofy grin. "Fate."

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2020, 12:28:54 AM »
Kerr could feel the disbelieving expression on his face; it had to fall somewhere between disgust and fascination. He had a sliding doors moment where he imagined what might have happened had Ben hooked up with Lazarus before him. He'd likely have been sired quickly. The two of them were a powder keg together and Kerr could imagine that they'd have sparked immediately. Ben had been hungry for the change and he'd have fed Lazarus' ego until he got what he wanted.

If they'd been together all this time, Kerr had no doubt that Ben would be in charge by now. He'd have the control he sought and likely the power, too. Lazarus wouldn't have stood a chance. He hated to think about what stage of his personal development Ben would be at, however. Lazarus' influence could've created a monster for his own delight... or Ben could've stayed the course. Both scenarios were as likely as the other. It was a difficult thing to contemplate with Ben caressing the back of his neck and Lazarus far enough away that the threat wasn't immediate; Kerr pushed it from his mind and grinned ruefully.

"That's... quite the story to think about. No way would he have killed you. He'd have fledged you in three of your heartbeats. What's more concerning is that you would've left me with fucking Mandy. I'd probably still be stuck in that house in some weird arrangement with Sawyl and her, dreaming of being free." He pulled a face that advertised how distasteful the idea was but then smiled again. His gaze became intent as he gripped Ben even tighter and hauled him up against him, leaning down to deliver a kiss that dominated Ben's mouth, all tongue and passion and clarity. The last thing he needed was to think about Ben and Lazarus when there were enough distractions in their lives.

The kiss broke as abruptly as it began and Kerr stared hard into Ben's eyes. "Thank fate or the gods or whothefuckever that you were such a prude back then and you stayed away from that motherfucker. You're too good for all of them and once you're in charge, you'll prove that you're so much more than a mirror. You'll be the fucking sun and they'll orbit you," he growled, the bite he'd delivered his earlier ultimatum with back in his voice now.

As much as it pained him, he couldn't afford to hold Ben back - not even from idiotic political connections that might (he didn't see how) yield some sort of tangible benefit down the line.  That was part of being the force of power; making mistakes and living with the consequences. Fuck but he wanted to protect Ben from all that shit, though.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2020, 06:50:28 AM »
Ben was jarred rather violently from their moment. You were such a prude back then. Kerr threw that little gem in there amongst his thankfulness and a hint of something bigger with Sawyl and Mandy that Ben didn't understand and would have to dig around for the story in his movie memories. Prude. It wasn't a nice word. It made him wonder what Kerr would call him now.

The kiss came next and he was surprised by the force of it. The shock of the word left his mind as he focussed on something much more pleasant. Ben responded eagerly and blinked when Kerr's lips left him. The press of Kerr's lips continued to form an impression on his own and he ran his tongue over the tingling as he listened to Kerr insist that he was on the right path.

"Yeah. Yes. I will bring the city together again," Ben promised.

It was fate.