Author Topic: Incan Aftermath  (Read 14036 times)

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Incan Aftermath
« on: May 17, 2020, 03:11:41 AM »
When Harm returned from his friend date with Ben, he wasn't sure whether Trick would have beat him home or not. He'd met Ben in the museum lobby not long after sundown, as planned. Ben chastised him for riding his bike at night and said he would've sent a car for him if he'd known, which Harm laughed off. They'd seen everything by ten and Ben had walked Harm to where his bike was chained up in the rack outside, seeing him off with another mini lecture about safety.

It had been a good night. Ben had been on his best behaviour and Harm had been fascinated by how very normal - and nerdy - he was. Like, Ben really got off on historical stuff. He'd exclaimed over nearly every detail of the Incan empire, drawing Harm's attention to the significant artefacts unearthed in archeological digs and the conclusions drawn because of them. They'd had numerous 'Oh, imagine if...' and 'I wonder what it would've been like to... ' type conversations as they'd wound their way around the Peruvian exhibit, laughing and imagining ancient life for peoples long dead.

There'd only been a few heated looks thrown Harm's way, generally whenever they finished one of their long fantasy conversations or when they incidentally touched - both of them had fallen victim to the urge to grab the other and drag him over to see what he was seeing on more than one occasion. It'd only got really awkward once, when Harm realised they were holding hands at the conclusion of a rapid-fire conversation and he'd pulled away, his fair skin coloured with a blush that Ben's gaze had lingered hotly on. It'd stopped when Harm awkwardly mentioned a photograph Trick could've taken and would've loved to see, causing Ben to conveniently move onto the next display and not engage with him for a while.

Once he let himself into his apartment, Harm was pleased to find Trick wasn't back from work yet. He didn't finish until ten and then he had to drive here, so it was a toss up who'd get there first. Harm was pleased it was him. It gave him a chance to undress out of his nice jeans, dress shirt and blazer. Trick hadn't seen him since six o'clock that morning when he'd left for work in his scrubs, he didn't want his boyfriend to know that he'd felt intimidated enough to dress up for his museum visit. That made it seem like a real date, rather than just a couple of friends hanging out. He'd mainly done it because it was the museum at night and that had felt like a reason to dress a bit fancy.

Almost the instant his boxer brief-clad ass had fallen onto the couch and he'd switched the TV on, Harm heard Trick's keys jingle as he approached the door. It was a sound he'd learnt to listen for, his heart always racing with excitement because it meant Trick was about to arrive. They hadn't spent any nights apart since they'd become official and Harm wasn't keen to start now. It wasn't even that they had to get used to each other before Europe; he was just already used to Trick sleeping beside him (and, sure, soooooo much awesome sex but mostly the cuddling) and would miss him terribly if he was gone.

Harm sprang up off the couch and raced to the door, yanking it open before Trick had a chance to put his key in the lock. He only wore his underwear and a big grin on his face, backlit by the single standing lamp in the lounge room.  "Welcome home!" he crowed, stepping back just enough that Trick could enter but he'd have to kiss him hello on the way past. Harm didn't care if any of his neighbours saw him in his undies. "It wasn't locked, I left it open for you!"

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
Re: Incan Aftermath
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 04:13:10 PM »
Trick blinked when the door opened before him like magic. Touching the right key had unleashed some kind of spell to make the door swing open to reveal a naked man.

"I could use more of that kind of magic," he mumbled with a lopsided smirk as Harm shouted over the top of his words. He laughed and entered, meeting the kiss that was waiting for him. He undid the buttons of his work shirt as he kept moving through the room towards Harm's bedroom and dumped the backpack that had become his overnight stay bag beside the doorway just inside the room.

"How did the museum date go?" he asked, then cringed as he toed off his shoes, first the left and then the right, socks pulled and dumped atop them before he shouldered the doorframe, shirt hanging loose. Harm saw only the light smile that Trick offered him.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 08:54:03 PM »
Harm closed and locked the front door then followed after Trick like a puppy. "Pfft, date," Harm snorted, balling his fists as he resisted the temptation to put his hands all over Trick. Since he looked hotter standing there in an unbuttoned shirt than most guys looked ever, it was a challenge. He gravitated closer, though, his body automatically adopting a shape that complemented Trick's, their legs brushing.

"It was good. Interesting! The Inca stuff is pretty fascinating - oh! They had this aerial shot of Machu Picchu that was amaaaaaazing, I could  totally imagine you taking a shot like that! Or, y'know, doing it better," he winked, his fingers twitching as his gaze travelled downwards and then determinedly back up to Trick's striking blue eyes. To distract himself from touching (thereby proving he was interested in having this conversation and hiding nothing about his time with Ben), he lifted a hand to casually lean it against the doorway Trick was monopolising.

There was really not enough room for the two of them. He was balanced on the tip of his index finger. It looked ridiculous. He decided to try and make it work anyway. "So... after Europe, you want to travel to South America?" he grinned, eyebrows waggling.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 09:16:12 PM »
Trick looked Harm over as he spoke enthusiastically, watching him close in and listening to what was said and not said. When Harm struggled to lean against the same part of the doorframe Trick stepped back and put his spine to the other side, distancing himself from Harm while also giving him room to lean.

"I'm glad the exhibition was good," he drawled. "What about the vampire? Was he good?"

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 09:58:17 PM »
Harm's mouth opened but then he decided he should give it a bit more thought before he responded. He closed it as he settled his hands around the doorframe behind him and leant back against them, tilting his head as he stared at Trick. There were a few ways he could interpret Ben being 'good' but he decided to address the most likely interpretation of it.

"He was good, yeah. He behaved himself. There was no real pressure," Harm shrugged, though he frowned as he thought about the way Ben had looked at him on occasion. His gaze shifted, becoming distant as he looked over Trick's shoulder at nothing in particular. "I guess... there was still a bit of tension, though. Some looks. Touched hands. Nothing huge. I could maybe see us being friends once that's gone. Otherwise it's just... still a bit weird yet."

Harm shrugged again, mouth twisted thoughtfully as his gaze shifted from an inward focus and back to Trick's expression. "There was plenty to talk about. He's full on with historical stuff. I think he was happy. Gotta keep the guy giving us free flights and accommodation happy," he winked but felt a twinge of guilt that he was being so flippant. He liked Ben, he hadn't spent time with him just to appease him, he'd enjoyed himself. He just... felt obligated to downplay that to Trick.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 10:15:23 PM »
After staring at Harm for a moment longer he drew himself up a little straighter against the doorframe.

"I don't like that he's forcing a friendship on you but I get why you're playing along. It's nice to get something back from them," he said, his smile not reaching his eyes initially. "You're amazing," he said softly, his eyes twinkling and warming his smile. "You're so much stronger than I ever was."

He pushed off the doorframe to press against Harm. It hadn't seemed like much space between them but as soon as he was up against his boyfriend the difference became obvious. "As soon as your passport comes back," he breathed, "we're gone."

Harm would feel Trick's excitement pressing against his leg through his workpants.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 11:17:27 PM »
The guilt only intensified when Trick categorised his relationship with Ben as forced. It wasn't that bad... but the remarks that followed gave Harm an insight into Trick's thoughts he wasn't expecting. He was only supporting Harm's endeavours with Ben because it was a form of vicarious vengeance? To take back from a species that had so deeply wronged him? The notion made Harm's insides squirm.

"I mean, don't get me..."  he tried to argue but then Trick was pressing against him and the familiar shiver of anticipation and desire was rippling through him. He lost his nerve and his train of thought. He gulped, his hands inadvertently pinned behind him and his expression raw as he gazed up at Trick, conflicted. Trick was ridiculously sexy and he ate at Harm's resolve in the worst way; it was difficult to think straight, let alone consider arguing with him when he was this close, smelling like that, all hard and so fucking masculine it was breathtaking. Men were delicious. Trick was exquisite.

"I need a visa too," he reminded, his voice little more than a whisper as he glanced from Trick's eyes down to his mouth. "I do like Ben, don't get me wrong. I'm not being his friend just to keep him happy and get stuff from him. I... I'm not strong or amazing," he argued, frowning as he made eye contact once more. It was difficult to stay focussed with Trick's erection summoning his own but he tried. He hated what Trick's vampire boyfriends did to him but Ben couldn't be part of that equation. It wasn't fair... but Harm could also see that Trick would have grave difficulty seeing fairly when it came to vampires. Ugh.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2020, 11:53:20 PM »
"Yeah," Trick drawled at the mention of a visa, his sexy grin broadening before it froze on his face. His smile faded away as Harm defended Ben. He stepped away once more, putting space between their bodies as he pressed his spine to the doorframe.

Once Harm stopped talking the thing that filled the silence was the television playing some sort of commercial jingle, and beyong that were short blasts of carhorns and distant cymbals clashing together in a rhythmic beat. It was unknown if a festival was happening in Chinatown at this present moment, Trick hadn't seen one when driving in but he hadn't looked either. The cacophony was muted and distant.

"Then you're honest," he said finally, "and even more amazing than I thought." He didn't close the slight gap between them the second time and broke eye contact with Harm so he could look into the darkened room.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 01:23:24 AM »
Harm wilted when Trick pulled away from him. His words were complimentary but he couldn't look at Harm and that made his heart tighten painfully in his chest. He shifted his hips forward to bring his left hand up to massage it negligently as he watched his boyfriend.

"I think you're amazing. To have got out," he said softly, his gaze intent on Trick's eyes, waiting for the moment they'd turn back to him. He didn't dare step forward and touch, not with this topic between them. Not with Trick having lost the ability to consent too often already. Harm wouldn't force anything on him.

"I get where you're coming from. I want to say Ben's not like that but, if I'm being honest like you said I am, I think they've all got the capacity to be that. Predators.  And we're all - potentially - prey. It's in the way he looks at me sometimes, even. So I get why you're happy that we're getting something back from them, even if they're not the exact ones that hurt you. I just... it's not my reason. Does that... insult you?" he asked worriedly.

Was he being disloyal by seeking a friendship with Ben? If Trick thought that, he'd stop it in a heartbeat.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2020, 08:46:54 AM »
Trick scoffed soft laughter into the blackened room and shook his head. When Harm mentioned predators and prey, he looked back at him, his eyes following the tilt of Harm's lips as he spoke and the look in his eyes. Trick squeezed the doorframe behind himself, his knuckles digging into his back.

"I'm not insulted," Trick said after a moment. "But I know that he gave you a taste at what it's like being with their kind. I love being looked at that way and being consumed by them. There's no holding back with vampires. I gave everything and there was something really freeing about that. And if they hadn't made those movies of me, I'd still be there, giving all of myself to them, living my life for them because I never got out. I never left. It was my dad who came and got me, and he had to lock the doors and windows to stop me from sneaking out and going back."

Trick watched his words sink in and took in a breath but then pressed his lips together and blew it out his nose in a sigh, his stare falling to the minimal space between their bodies.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2020, 12:42:34 PM »
Harm blinked and frowned, processing Trick's words slowly.

"Oh," he exhaled, feeling like everything that had been said had been delivered as a blow to the gut. "Fuck," he whispered, his voice airy and pitched higher than usual.

Thinking wasn't going so well because he was having a hard time dealing with everything Trick had just delivered to him. He couldn't look away from his eyes and the same thing kept going round and round his mind in circles, chasing away the snippets of rationality he was trying to grasp.

He said love.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2020, 03:53:24 PM »
"You already know this. I already told you," Trick said quietly, jutting his jaw. He slid off the doorframe and headed for the bed, where he sat upon the edge and rested his elbows near his knees, hunched over with dangling hands meeting in the middle. It was easier to stare at the carpet than to look at Harm.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2020, 09:21:26 PM »
Harm's frown didn't abate as he turned his head, watching Trick retreat. He exhaled quietly and then rolled away from the doorway, moving to sit on the bed beside Trick, still keeping a tiny space between them. Unlike Trick, Harm's back was straight, his fingers winding together and apart in the space between his thighs.

"I know," he agreed quietly. "Just... not like that."

He said love.

Harm was 'strong' because he wasn't obsessed with getting Ben's fangs in his neck and could simply hang out with him but Trick was an addict. Harm realised how wrong he'd had it the night he was told. He wasn't addicted to pills but to vampires and Harm had known that but... not like this. Not to this extent. This was fucking extreme, shit. Trick... loved them and wanted to be with vampires. All the time, even now?

More than he wanted to be with Harm? Was Europe just some form of denial or escape and Harm just a convenient companion? He was humiliated by the notion, gnawing on his lips because he wanted to ask... but he was afraid of the answer. Was this when everything fell apart?

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2020, 09:39:48 PM »
The muscles in Trick's back worked as his shoulders hunched further, his knees shifting closer together. He stopped looking at the carpet and stared at the wall instead, the one that allowed him to turn his face away from Harm. A different kind of heat radiated up through his body and moved into his face. He licked his lips before speaking.

"Vampires will take until there is nothing left to give," Trick said. He turned his head to stare at Harm over his shoulder. "Even the nice ones, like Ben. Did you even look at the businesses he's running? That Lovebite app he's got going? It talks about safe spaces but it's just another hookup app, only geared for vamps. And what about that hotel he's running? You know it's full of donors, right? At first you'd think, oh they're getting paid to be bitten, but what vamp drinks and doesn't expect to fuck? They're whores, Harm. He's running a brothel. He's a fucking pimp at best. And you say oh he's so nice. But he wants you and I know what the lure of someone like him is like. I don't want to judge you by my yardstick because I'm weak. But all I have are my experiences and I don't want to stop you from having yours, I just... they're all the same to me."

After his speech Trick stared into Harm's eyes with concern.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2020, 10:28:24 PM »
Harm nodded lightly as Trick talked about Ben running a brothel and a hookup app, asking rhetorical questions that Harm agreed with. He hadn't thought of it that way but he didn't object to the descriptors. It made sense and of course he'd defer to Trick's greater experience.

When he finished speaking, Harm blinked, still thinking. It sounded like... Trick was worried about him? Part of him wanted to scoff, eyeing his boyfriend warily in the dim light filtering through the doorway from the lounge and the window behind him. His lips remained between his teeth while he considered his response, though.

His frown returned as he tilted his head while looking at Trick. "You don't seriously think I'm interested in him do you?" he demanded, the scoff lurking behind his words despite his best efforts. This was about Trick being addicted and unobtainable, not Harm. He had to be joking, surely!