Author Topic: London Calling  (Read 6826 times)

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
London Calling
« on: September 13, 2020, 08:18:09 AM »
"I thought I'd be jet-lagged for days," Trick rumbled softly into Harm's ear, hugging him tightly in bed within the lush London apartment. "But I feel super refreshed this morning. I need more fancy jets and expensive beds in my life." He breathed warm, soft laughter across Harm's cheek before nuzzling into the hollow of his neck, getting his face firmly in there before Harm could squeal and lift his shoulder to lock him out. He scraped his teeth against his boyfriend's neck before pulling away with a forlorn sigh. "Your body needs a break. We'll have to reverse roles next time."

He rolled out of bed after grinning back at Harm's expression and moved to the en-suite for his morning routine. Teeth, shave, shower, hair.

"Do you want me to come to the hospital with you today when you check in? How long do you think that'll take?" he called out while squeezing toothpaste onto his brush. Unpacking last night before falling into bed had turned out to be a good idea.

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: London Calling
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 12:49:55 AM »
Harm snorted as Trick claimed to need more jets and soft beds in his life, having greater difficulty getting his eyes open than his boyfriend seemed to be having. He was clearly an inferior specimen in the jet lag stakes because his brain felt like it was encased in fuzzy cotton wool. It lightened in a wave of goosebumps and shivers when teeth grazed his throat, his hands reaching lethargically but only grasping air as Trick pulled away with a startling comment.

Trick's volunteering to bottom?

Harm's eyelids fluttered open, hooded by a confused frown while his mouth dropped open and he struggled to speak. He lifted his head groggily in time to see Trick disappear into the ensuite. His voice floated out of the cavernous bathroom moments later, offering to accompany Harm to his first day at work. He still had a week before he started shifts but today was about letting them know he was present, getting his ID badge and roster and being inducted. His heart warmed at Trick's offer; it wasn't like he was some little kid fronting up for his first day at school but he was touched that he was being offered backup.

Trick's effortless thoughtfulness and generosity of spirit brought tears to his eyes (maybe he was still pretty jet lagged, actually) and made Harm want to melt pathetically all over the sexy water nymph. Part of him recognised that his heightened emotions were due to tiredness but the rest of him was too busy becoming goo to care. He dragged himself out of the huge bed like he was trying to scale a glacier in a snowstorm, glad Trick was no longer present to witness his lack of coordination.

Squinting against the light (he wasn't convinced there was a true sun behind it because everything was basically just white, not the gold he was used to sunlight being) pouring through the wall of glass that was too grand to be referred to as 'windows', he staggered to the ensuite doorjamb, where he landed heavily on his shoulder. They'd told the caretaker they'd met the day before to stop the automatic shutters that would turn day into night for the vampires that owned this place; he was regretting that move now. There had to be some way to stop the daylight fucking his eyeballs that didn't involve complete blackness but they hadn't had the wherewithal to think about that last night. The view of the city lights twinkling beyond their fourth storey glass wall had been captivating then. It was all fun and games until the sun fucking came up.

"Um... I'd love it if you came but it'll probably be boring. I know I have to get told how their system works and get my ID and shit so it'll probably be an hour. Maybe two," he mumbled, blinking to better make out Trick standing in front of one of the sinks. "I won't be offended if you think that sounds like a waste of your time," he shrugged, folding his arms across his bare chest and shivering slightly. Most of the bedroom was covered in thick rugs to prevent the chill of stylish concrete floors from seeping into undefended feet but they tapered out by the bathroom doorway. It didn't help that Harm was completely naked and the lesson on the underfloor heating had passed in one ear and out the other in the face of he and Trick processing the fucking ridiculous grandeur of this apartment. The caretaker had showed them around meticulously but it'd all been too much. They'd definitely forgotten most of it but there was a manual. Somewhere.

"An'... you'll bottom?" he asked, the slur of fatigue lessening with every word he spoke so that he sounded pretty awake right now (he thought). He was still squinting, though. He was also afraid to step into the bathroom in case the obnoxiously large mirror showed him just how bad his hair was right now. He ran a hasty hand through it, thinking that he'd believed him and Trick getting tested together so they could do away with condoms if they wanted had been a big step in their relationship. He was clearly not the visionary he'd convinced himself he was because he hadn't expected this.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 06:55:22 AM »
Two minutes of tooth brushing passed by the time Harm made it to the bathroom doorway. Trick rinsed his mouth out with water and spat it into the sink. From the side of his vision he saw Harm land his shoulder and he turned his head to properly look at him. Still standing at the sink with the aftertaste of mint paste on his tongue, he considered Harm's guess of one to two hours of orientation.

"I'll come with you but I'll head out when they show you around. I'll hang nearby and use the time to practice my urban shots." Trick nodded to himself and looked back at the mirror, moving a hand around his cheeks and jaw to feel the bristles coming through. Digging into his shaving kit next, Harm's question gave him no pause.

"Yeah, I like both for different reasons," he said, pulling out his razor and two small canisters. As he readied himself for a shave - short of foaming up his face - he continued. "You're the only guy I've been with that prominently wants me to top. I'm not having a go at you or anything," he said, turning to look at Harm, "because I'm okay with staying in my role if that's what you want, but you need a break. Maybe hands and mouths for a few nights?"

He picked up a canister, shook it and pressed a large amount of foam onto his palm before lathering it onto his face.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 12:08:56 AM »
"Cool," Harm agreed to Trick's proposal that he'd leave Harm to get inducted and go out to take photos. It made sense.

Even though Trick went on to say that he wasn't having a go at him, Harm felt heat rise in his cheeks and he lowered his gaze to watch his thumbs twirl and fret at his taut biceps, his knee swinging as he toed the edge of the tiles in front of him. For some reason, he was embarrassed and feeling guilty, like he'd purposely caged Trick into a role he didn't want exclusively. The fact that he simply hadn't thought to question things didn't feel like a plausible excuse for potentially being a dick and not considering his boyfriend's feelings until now, months after they'd become a couple. He sighed quietly through his nose, looking up at Trick from beneath his lashes.

"I'm okay... " he demurred sheepishly, shrugging the shoulder that wasn't wedged against the doorway. Topping wasn't his preferred position simply because he loved the way Trick treated him when he was inside him -- plus, he was generally too lazy to do it. "But I'm also up for trying new things. You don't have to stay in one role." It was only fair he took a turn and the blood pooling in the lower extremities of his body showed that he was more than mildly enthused by the thought of sliding into Trick. Changing things up was exciting and he was ashamed now that he'd been so surprised by Trick's offer.

If they were able to combat their spiking emotions about being on the trip of a lifetime, they might've been able to keep their hands off each other long enough that this subject might never have come up. That would've been tragic.

Harm leant his head against the door frame and observed Trick's movements, smirking to himself as he watched the play of his boyfriend's muscles, doing his best to stop thinking about fucking him. He needed to get into the shower and see about waking up properly -- though his thoughts were certainly waking up parts of him.  "I can't believe we're actually here," he mused, his gaze drifting over the bathroom. The English bathroom. "I just want to go outside and listen to people talk," he grinned, looking back at Trick and thinking about British people with cool accents.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 08:48:13 PM »
A curious look crept slowly across Trick's face before he pulled the razor around, removing foam and bristles into the sink. His mind worked over Harm's reaction and he only found Harm's eyes again once half of his face was shaven. "I find it sexy how they talk, too. All 'posh and bits'" Trick said, the final few words in poor mimicry of the few Londoners he'd heard speaking.

He dropped both accent and tone to speak in a soothing voice to his boyfriend. "I know we haven't had a chance to talk about what we like and don't like. I've been happy enough to discover as we go. But I want you to promise me something." Trick leant his palms onto the edge of the sink. "If you don't like something or don't want to do something, don't go along with it just because you think it'll make me happy. Tell me."

His stare bore into Harm's eyes as he waited for his response.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 11:21:58 PM »
Harm's smile was indulgent and his gaze soft as Trick did his best to mimic an English accent. Laughter bubbled in his chest, suppressed because he didn't want to offend or risk Trick misinterpreting his fondness for ridicule. He couldn't bear the thought. His humour remained trapped inside but his face glowed his adoration at his boyfriend's cuteness... the expression turning into a wary frown as Trick struck a serious pose and requested a promise, their gazes meeting in the mirror.

His heart raced, unable to predict what Trick would ask of him. When it came, his instinct was to scoff and flippantly agree but the weight of Trick's stare suppressed that, too. Harm paused, watching Trick and really thinking about what he was saying. He knew himself well enough - and apparently Trick did as well - to know that he'd go along with pretty much anything, especially if it would make Trick happy. He couldn't imagine anything that he'd shy from but he also wasn't experienced like Trick was. He'd been in compromising situations, uncomfortable but compliant because his voice hadn't counted.

Trick didn't want their relationship to be anything like that. He wanted Harm to use his voice and his earlier offer also made it clear that he considered them equals, which was weird when Harm automatically saw them as anything but. Trick had powers and he was leagues above Harm, he'd always thought so. Now Trick was very sincerely requesting he change his thinking and speak up if ever he was uncomfortable.

Harm pushed away from the doorframe and sauntered over to his boyfriend, holding eye contact with him as he approached him from behind, slipping his arms around his waist and sliding them up his body, cupping a pec in each hand. He pressed his lips to the back of Trick's shoulder as he peered over it at him. "Okay," he agreed quietly, his lips moving against Trick's skin as he spoke, "I doubt there'll ever be anything but if there is, I can promise that.  I'll say no. I'll tell you I don't want to," he vowed, his words turning into light kisses worshipping smooth flesh.

Internally, Harm contemplated his own levels of desperation for validation and approval and wondered if he came off as pathetic. Did Trick think of him as a pushover? Was he a pushover, so desperate to hold onto a man that he'd go along with anything? He didn't think so... but he'd waited a long time for someone as good as Trick. He'd always treated him right. Was Trick setting him up for a fall? No, that was ridiculous. This was just a conversation. A relationship negotiation. Ugh. Why was this messing with his head so much? Was it because this was something normal, healthy couples did and he'd never had a relationship healthy enough to reach this level of openness? Was that why he felt so vulnerable, at a time when he was being told by his boyfriend that he should never put himself in a situation where he felt like this?

Fuck, he was too jet lagged and it was far too early in the morning for this level of intimacy. He lifted himself onto his toes and rested his chin on top of Trick's shoulder, glancing at his hair before reconnecting their eye contact. Pfft, he'd known it would be bad, he shouldn't have looked. "I should shower," he declared with a grin, his elongated throat making his voice sound uncharacteristically husky. His fingers brushed lightly over Trick's chest, like he was consoling him. "And you need to finish your shave," he added, smacking a loud kiss onto his back again before starting to pull away.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 10:02:41 PM »
The corners of Trick's lips turned upward at their closeness and remained fixed even as Harm excused himself. He obediently finished shaving and washed the remainders of the foam away. Two splashes of aftershave lotion later and Trick joined Harm in the generously-sized shower. Knowing that it delighted his boyfriend Trick performed some water feats and then displayed how to get dry without using a towel.

After that came a solid half hour of styling his hair just right.

Once Trick left the bathroom he put on his outfit for the day; thick soled brown walking shoes, comfortable blue jeans, a black t-shirt under a button-up long sleeved red shirt and then a black leather jacket over the top of that. In a second zip-up bag that his sister had teased about being a cosmetics bag, he pulled out his accessories and put most of them on, lining his fingers with rings and wrists with thin straps of leather.

He doublechecked he had everything he needed in his lightweight backpack and grabbed his phone, tucking it into his back jeans pocket.

"Ready to go," he announced, smiling broadly at Harm who was watching him.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 04:08:49 AM »
Showering with Trick always left Harm with a face that ached from smiling and being tired only made him more susceptible to that pain. Pleasure infused him when he realised the generous bathroom they'd inherited had a double vanity and a mirror huge enough for them to finally be able to style their hair at the same time - something that never happened in his cramped bathroom. He made a comment along the lines of not being sure how they'd ever go back, chuckling affably (even though it was true).

So far, this multi-storeyed apartment-that-was-really-a-house had blown his mind with its luxury and placement south-west of the city. It humbled him to think that he and Trick could've been stuck in a hostel, enduring a cramped share house with a crowd of near strangers or renting something tiny and watching their savings dwindle if it weren't for the generosity of two vampires he barely knew. He owed Ben and Kerr big time.

From the outside, the building was fairly non-descript, a lot of dark bricks and glass shielding the fact that it was divided into two five-storey homes on the inside. Theirs was the left half. The homes might once have been separate apartments on each floor but had been converted to town houses so that the owners had access to all five levels. The ground level of Kerr's home was devoted to entertaining, it held an expansive living room, games room (with a pool table), bathroom and small kitchen. The next two levels were more about comfort, boasting three bedrooms, more bathrooms and a theatre room. The fourth storey was the main living space, it held a study, a huge kitchen and butler's pantry, powder room and lounge room. The top floor held the master bedroom, ensuite and walk in robe as well as a conservatory and outdoor deck/entertaining area with spectacular views. It was encased in glass.

Harm knew he and Trick would spend most of their time on the top two floors. There was a maze of stairs to climb up through the levels to get to them but also a small elevator for convenience. Harm had been sorry he couldn't use it the day before when he'd had to endure a tour of the premises with the caretaker before the keys were handed over to them. All he remembered now was a blur of stylish furniture, surprisingly large rooms (he'd expected the place to be pokey, for some reason) and a whole lot of black, white and metal as the dominant colour schemes. He could've got that wrong, though; he'd been very tired and hadn't looked too hard.

Once he was dressed - a little more formally than Trick in black dress pants and a blue long sleeved button up shirt he hoped would impress his boss - Harm used his phone to figure out the best way to get from their place in Pimlico to St. Thomas' Hospital. As it turned out, they were only a few suburbs apart but he'd have to get across the Thames River to his place of future employment. Bus seemed the best (and cheapest) way to get there but he needed to research stops and route numbers to get him across Westminster Bridge. He and Trick had purchased and cashed up an Oyster card for public transport before they arrived so they were ready in that sense, he just wasn't sure of exactly where to go.

Trick's announcement that he was ready came before Harm was completely certain of what he was doing but he bounced to his feet with a grin that mirrored Trick's regardless. "I think I know where I'm going but this could be our first adventure - or misadventure," he warned jovially, shouldering his own backpack but keeping his phone in his hand. It was showing him where the nearest bus stop was so he couldn't afford to put it away. With a final check they had keys and had locked everything up properly, they loped down the numerous stairs and out onto the streets of London at last.

Harm inhaled deeply as they paused on the footpath, getting their bearings. "It definitely doesn't smell like home," he announced cheerfully. They lived in a pretty small-sized city compared to London but it was still a city so he'd had some expectation that England wouldn't feel too different. He'd been wrong. From the milky sky to the rain-scented air, everything looked and smelt alien. Harm preferred it that way. Why come so far only to have everything feel similar? That would suck.

Deciding which direction to go, Harm shifted his phone to the other hand so that he had one free to link his fingers with Trick's as they set off. Cars passed them and it took him a moment to realise why that was so strange. Remembering that they drove on the other side of the road came slower than it should've but he put that down to jet lag and lack of food.

"You know, according to my research, my hospital's just across the river from Big Ben and not too far south of the London Eye," he informed Trick smugly, believing the two landmarks would be must-sees for him to photograph. "I think we'll pass Big Ben on the bus. Do you want to look for somewhere to eat around here or wait til we get deeper into the city, near the hospital?" Even as he asked, Harm hoped Trick opted for food sooner rather than later. He had about two hours until he had to be at the hospital for his induction but he would need food and a coffee to buoy him on this adventure long before then.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2020, 10:29:17 PM »
"A misadventure sounds sick," Trick declared with evil glee, eyeing Harm before they headed down the maze of stairs to the ground floor and out.

Trick hesitated on the footpath, running a hand through his hair and then frowning. The expression disappeared when he looked Harm's way and he giggled, the hand lowering from his hair to hover in front of his mouth, covering it briefly. A smile toyed at the edge of his lips before his hand lowered to link Harm's fingers with his.

"Suck that English air down," he invited. "It's nowhere near as polluted smelling as I was expecting. Maybe it's all the rain?" he suggested. Trick squinted up at the sky. "The light here is off. It's... flat." He shifted the straps of his backpack as if they were giving him discomfort but soon had his head near Harm's to look at the phone screen. Soon they were walking and Trick found himself gazing rapturedly at the rainbow oil lines running down the middle of the traffic lanes. Harm's voice captured his attention.

"Yeah for sure, the commercial shots. I'll probably take a bunch of them at different angles before I get something good enough to send to Gia." He nodded at Harm's question but shook his head before he was done asking it. "Let's eat. I'm absurdly hungry for this time of morning."

There were a lot of options nearby but not all of the food places were open. Trick expressed great interest in a bar called 'The Rooster and Kitten' which was closed, but a bakery, cafe and pie shop were open beyond it and Trick spied a diner across the road. "Bread, cake, pie or burgers?" he gestured with a laugh.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 02:57:24 PM »
Harm’s expression no doubt looked like he was trying to choose a favourite between his two children but, with a groan of defeat he finally directed Trick into the bakery. It was closer and had some quaint little tables and chairs scattered inside and outside to sit at. Every grouping was different.

Inside, Harm was excited to find the pies here could have meat and mushy peas in them so he ordered one, eyes wide with anticipation. He ignored Trick’s smirk, pretty sure his boyfriend was secretly laughing at his over-excited reactions to... well, to the whole menu listed on the boards above the counter, really. Trick ordered before him so Harm kept his simple for the time being; a pea-filled meat pie and a large coffee. He had designs on many of the sweet treats behind the glass of the display cabinets afterwards, though. He’d just have to see how full he was after his pie.

Pulling out his wallet and handing over a note to pay for their meals was also more exciting than it should’ve been. The emotion zinged through him as he selected one he thought was appropriate then anxiously watched the guy behind the register for signs that he’d made a bad choice. When he received some change (but not too much) Harm beamed at the cashier proudly, earning him a second, more speculative look.

“American, eh?” the guy - who was probably a couple years younger than him, though his rosy English complexion made it hard to judge - asked casually.

If possible, Harm’s smile only got wider. “Yep. Another tourist,” he gushed giddily, rolling his eyes in playful self-deprecation. “You’ll probably be seeing a lot of us, as we’re staying just down the street. For a while.”

The guy gave him a look Harm couldn’t interpret. “Right,” he laughed breathily. “Find a seat and I’ll bring your food out to you when it’s ready.”

“Thank you!” Harm chirped. When he turned, he found Trick had migrated a short distance away from him so he went after him. He leaned close when he reached him, so that only his boyfriend would hear him. “Is it weird that I find paying so thrilling? It’s like play money! I need to remind myself that it’s real,” he giggled, gripping Trick’s arm as they looked for a table.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 09:11:19 AM »
"I think it's weird that you pay with cash instead of card," Trick replied before sticking his tongue out. He looked over his shoulder at the cashier before turning his face back toward Harm. "But it helps with the discount when you're flirting. Did you tip that guy?"

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2020, 12:33:14 PM »
Harm stuck his tongue out in return and upped the ante with a head waggle and a nose wrinkle because he found using the money fun. He'd gone to the trouble of securing some petty cash for just this purpose and using a card seemed so usual in comparison.

He gasped and pulled back to smack Trick's arm when he was accused of flirting, his expression indignant. "I was not flirting!" he hissed in protest, though he blushed immediately after because he supposed telling the guy they were living locally might have been construed as a come-on. To avoid drawing attention to them, he dragged Trick down into a table for two near the front window, where they had an expansive view of the street.

"And I didn't tip him," he huffed, settling himself into the seat opposite Trick and nestling his bag on the floor between his feet. When Harm looked up, he noticed how the sun beaming through the window made Trick's tanned skin glow healthily and lit up his pale blue eyes deliciously, causing Harm's body to clench with longing. The water nymph was ridiculously beautiful. As if Harm would ever flirt with anyone again when he had Trick across from him or within touching distance. The very idea was preposterous!

"They don't do tips here like we do, I don't think," he reasoned and then pulled a troubled face as he leant across the table to get closer to Trick, glancing towards he counter to see the worker was preparing their order and well beyond hearing distance. "Do you think he thought I was flirting with him?" he asked worriedly, frowning at his boyfriend. It would certainly explain why the guy gave him those measured looks. "I was just excited!"