Author Topic: The life lament  (Read 9746 times)

Blue

Re: The life lament
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 07:55:04 PM »
Lucia looked terrifed at the suggestion of getting married and just having an affair. Her hands began to nervously run through her hair. She braided the strands, then combed it out with her fingers only to braid it again. Lucia shrugged, "No. I didn\'t wait to see who it was to." She know she sounded like a fool now, "I wasn\'t really thinking at the time. I was acting on an impulse and I shouldn\'t have." She paused. The pause left enough room for Rosaline to continue on.

"Problems?" Lucia murmured, after a moment she shook her head, "Of course not. But my father wants me to have a higher status than a third son-duke\'s daughter, I suppose." She twirled a strand of hair around her index finger in thought. After a moment, she spoke up again, "Well, anyways, it doesn\'t matter. I don\'t know who I would marry even if I did have the choice." Lucia\'s gaze flickered out towards the door of the tavern.

MissusHow

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 02:42:59 PM »
Rosaline\'s sences perked up, and she glanced at Lucia sharply, "Oh no?" she asked quite blandly, though her eyes were predatorial. That was a lie! She knew lies quite well, and this girl was not as experienced with them as Rosaline was. Excitement bubbled in her brain and she perked up, "Are you quite sure? I think you\'re keeping something from me." she coaxed, egging her towards the ultimate goal. Secrets told were the best. "Do tell. I won\'t tell anybody...important, that is." she added under her breath, staring at Lucia.

The girl seemed anxious to leave, to run and not return, perhaps to cry on her bed for a little while. Inwardly Rosaline snorted, they didn\'t make women like they used to. Or at least not this one. Delicate, shy, petite little thing. Playing the role just like she was supposed to. It was a mockery of women.

Blue

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 04:45:55 PM »
Lucia was taken aback by the sudden alertness of Rosaline. She glanced towards the exit. Lifting the glass of water towards her lips, she found that there was only a few drops left. She paused. Her thoughts were racing on what action she should take next. The only safe way to get home was to rely on Rosaline to take her back. It was much darker now then when she had left which meant harder to find her way on the trail.

"If I was keeping something from you. I wouldn\'t know what it was." Lucia answered shortly. It was part in truth. She didn\'t know what sort of gossip the other lady was searching for. For problems at home, she was sure that her family had a few but none worth noting. After all, Lucia was beginning to spend even less time interacting with them. More of her time was being used to talk with the painter or take private lessons.

Lucia tried to think of something to change the topic to. Her finger traced an outline on the water glass rim. Finally, she spoke in a soft voice, "How do you know if you love someone?" A second after, Lucia glanced up. She waved her hand in dismissal, "Oh nevermind. We\'ve already decided love is too confusing to solve."

MissusHow

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2006, 04:11:51 PM »
Her eyebrows arched inquizitively, when Lucia dismissed her questions, and she was about to ask more, in a more seductive, weedling manner when she asked that question. /That/ question. An agonizing question indeed. One worth answering. Rosaline chose not to hear Lucias second comment, and instead focused on the first. "How can you tell?" she pondered, thinking of her own feelings. "You can tell because you feel...happy. You feel happy thinking about this person, and you want to be with them no matter what. Because...because they make you happy. And you can be whoever you want to be, and you don\'t have to pretend. Because that is happiness as well." Rosaline stared into her cup, allready empty.

Sighing she pushed it away, hearing the gentle murmur of conversation in her ears, a couple of hoars laughs and the clunking of the wooden cups that they used here. The tears sprung to her eyes once more. Oh Teresa, why? Rosaline let her eyes stay open, refusing to let the tears that threatened to jump over the edge do so. Finally they went away, and so did the clinch in Rosalines throught. "There are no words to describe...that feeling. It is only a feeling, after all."