Author Topic: Reading up on some history  (Read 2173 times)

tanisloray

Reading up on some history
« on: January 26, 2007, 01:06:12 PM »
Zarax entered the library, looking about for a moment.  He hadn\'t studied up much on the history of his new home here.  Having just come back from an extended hiatus, he felt it natural to come here and learn about the city and where it came from.

Moving over to the periodicals, flipping through a few magazines, looking for interesting articles before he frowned.  Nothing would be found here.  Wondering if anyone had written anything about this city.

Walking over to the computers and sitting down.  Starting to search the databases on anything that had to do with this town.

pentacledreamer

Re: Reading up on some history
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 07:30:59 AM »
Shigyl peered around the corner of one of the large shelves. The many books intrigued her, settled neatly against eachother. Not that she was one to read often, she had found it specially interesting to bid what time she had tonight in this library. Reading was good even if it wasn\'t her favorite thing to do.

Glancing down the way at the other shelves she caught sight of another person. Poised over a computer, she wondered what would have him so intentally staring at the screne. She could sense that he was a vampire and she wondered what kind of conversationalist this boy would be.

Being the social body she was, this boy intrigued her and she more than willing to leave the company of books to talk to a living person.

Walking slowly over to the computers she took a seat at the one right next to him, offering a smile as she sat down. "Hello."

tanisloray

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 07:01:18 AM »
Apparently very absorbed in his book, reading away before he jumps.  Looking up at you, Zarax offered a slight smile.

"Hello there, miss."

He didn\'t know what else to say at the moment.  Pulling his coat a bit tighter around himself to hide the fact that he had wings.  Leaning against the back of the chair as he brushed some of his white hair from his eyes.  Those dark eyes looking up at you.  He seemed kind and not threatening in any way.

Clearing his throat, before he continued.

"Do you need to use the computer?  I\'m almost finished."

pentacledreamer

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 01:20:57 PM »
Shigyl peered at him, shifting in her seat slightly. "No.. I just wanted to say hello." She motioned with her thumb at the computer right infront of her, "If that was what I wanted I would of gotten on this one." She smiled wide at him.

Trying to be social, she didn\'t want to scare the poor boy off, being the fact she\'d have to go back to reading to amuse herself. Or go up to Risk which was something she only did on occasion.

"You looked so intent on reading I\'m sorry to have bothered, but may I ask what you are reading that has you so wrapped up in it?" Her gaze inquizative and friendly.

tanisloray

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 01:50:04 AM »
Zarax looked at the computer sitting there next to him.  Looking back at you, he flushed slightly and nodded.

"Mmm.  Yeah you\'re right."

A nervous chuckle fell from his lips, looking back at the computer screen that he was reading.  A smile returned to his lips as you asked your question.

"I\'m relatively new to town.  I just wanted to read up on it\'s history and such so I knew a little bit about it at least.  I like being informed, rather than ingnorant."

A grin on his face as he said this.  His gaze met yours for a moment, tilting his head curiously to the side.  He wondered why you came to speak to him, but he didn\'t ask this outright.  His expression could convey as much.

pentacledreamer

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 10:52:28 AM »
Shigyl peered at the computer as he spoke, her eyes scanning the words in a quick motion. It was interesting she supposed, never have thought about the town she was in. Not that she took much notice at the history of any of the places she had occupied being she was in so many places over the centuries.

Looking back at the boy she offered an over friendly smile. "The history? I have never thought about that, have you satisfied your interests this far?" Glancing at the screne, "I do not mean to bother you with my unnessary need to converse.. I only figured to myself that live conversation would be more appropriate than reading some book I may read later when no one is about." She failed to mention her extreme displeasure with reading.

She locked him with a smug gaze, the smile still set on her lips.

tanisloray

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 01:58:59 PM »
Zarax gazed back at her, his gaze locked on hers for the moment.  Looking back at the screen and nodding.

"Pretty much.  There isn\'t much interesting history here it seems.  I just like to be informed.  Perhaps learn a bit about the culture here."

Frowning as he looked back at her.

"Kind of boring."

A chuckle fell from his lips, before he turned in the chair.  The pheremones from the incubus hybrid stirred slightly as he moved.  Not aware of this for the time being, so used to his own scent had he grown.

"My  name is Zarax, by the way.  Whom do I have the pleasure of meeting this evening?"

A friendly smile on his lips as he looked up at her with his depthless gray eyes.

pentacledreamer

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 04:58:50 PM »
Being has old as she was, Shigyl felt the shift in his mannerism, the familiar tinge in the air made her hesitate a moment. Her gaze didn\'t falter from him as she extended a hand towards him. Not that his natural ways weren\'t affecting her. The fact was that she was still a little less put off by it, being she\'d never proformed the act to begin with so it would be extremely difficult to get her riled up with just scent.

She offered him an overly friendly smile, "I am Shigyl. It is quite the pleasure to make your acquintance Zarax!" she eyed him slowly, still glad for the person to person contact but weary of the boy even more.

tanisloray

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 04:23:38 PM »
Zarax didn\'t mean to do anything.  The pheramones just came with the package so to speak.  He tried his best to keep them covered up, he hated having them.  It sucked big time.

Shaking your hand gently and smiling up at you once more.

"A pleasure to meet you too, Shigyl.  I don\'t find many social people around these parts to tell you the truth.  You are the first person I\'ve spoken to in awhile."

It was true.  Granted, most of it was his fault.  He didn\'t go out much to meet people.  He had his fair share of that when he first came here.  Too many people, too many feelings and emotions.  He couldn\'t deal with it.  You seemed pretty neutral in your approach to him.  Perhaps he\'d find a friend in you.

pentacledreamer

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 12:27:26 AM »
She graciously shook his hand, leaning forward in her seat. "No you do not... and usually the ones that are overly friendly.. are the ones you need to be weary of." She wiggled her eyebrow at him in a joking manner, a wide grin on her face.

She did enjoy being social, talking to people distracted her most the time for the fact she wasn\'t... people. She loved good conversations and decent people. This boy already intrigued her and she felt happy he did talk to her.

Leaning back in her chair now, she pondered what exactally they should talk about, there many things to talk about. You could talk about the books, the weather, the news, the people, the buildings.. her mind flooded with all the topics. She had many things she could talk about being she\'d seen many different periods in life. She corked a brow at him.

"What have you read so far?"

tanisloray

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 03:05:11 AM »
Zarax smiled as you made yourself comfortable in your chair.  Looking back at the screen, scratching his chin as he thought about how to answer your question.

"Well, I\'ve been reading that his place has always been plagued by rumors of supernatural beings.  The government apparently tries to keep these rumors at a minimum to stop any panic that would erupt."

Grinning at you and winks.

"Silly humans."

He turns more to face you, tilting his head to the side, fingers pressed together at the tips.

"Other than that.  Some settlers came, settled this land hundreds of years ago.  The city became the center of commerce and slowly grew larger and larger through the ages.  I haven\'t gotten much more in depth than that."

pentacledreamer

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 03:10:33 AM »
Her eyes followed his momentarily to the screne, a smirk crossing her lips as he spoke. Yes well, the supernatural was everywhere. She tucked a stray strand of hair back behind her ear and tilted her head, amused.

"Quite silly." She offered back. Noting his posture she wondered if he was confortable with her yet or subconsiouly making a small wall between them with his hands. She liked to pick up on things like that and try to pry apart the reasons people did things. She was told she should of taken a job to help herself, be a psychologist, but that would be cheating in her mind as she could read most mortal minds like other vampires.

She noted as well that his hair was white, not quite like her\'s as her\'s was luminous like the moon light, as it is a gift of nature. She didn\'t let her eyes linger long on her interigation of his features.

"Have you been around here long?" She lifted her chin slightly, not so much looking down at him as she was just analizying from a new angle.

tanisloray

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 06:21:56 AM »
Zarax thinks on what you ask him for a moment, tilting his head as you regard him from a new angle.  An easy smile finds his lips before he nods.

"I moved here a year ago.  I went away for awhile to go explore the outlaying countryside to see if I could find anything concerning my family, but I found nothing."

A sad look on his face then, frowning and looking down for a moment, running a hand through his hair.  Obviously upset about his family for some reason, shaking his head, before that smile returns to his face.

"How about yourself?"

pentacledreamer

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 05:24:15 AM »
Taking a moment to decide exactally how to explain, it wasn\'t going to be easy to say. Since she\'d lived so long she never had any reason to do anything anymore. She didn\'t go researching families, or looking for friends.

Though she did know that Darrius was here, the only connection she had to her past as a vampire hunter. Something she didn\'t want to remember. She didn\'t have many friends here at all. Sometimes she even wondered why she stayed in this town. Was it was the lure of the mortal population? Maybe the fact that it crawled with many supernatural beings and being around such unnatural things made her comfortable with herself.

Turning her thoughts back to the boy she offered a thoughtful smile as she averted her eyes upwards like in thought, "One could say I am only here out of morbid curiousity. The town is thriving on chaos and I can not help but sit and bask it as it happens around me. I merely watch mind you." She pondered if she should of tried with something nice, being honest was good yes, but the fact still stood that she did not know this boy and to be blunt could be dangerous. As she was an exvampire hunter, he could be a danger to and just knowing she is a vampire would be bad.

Though logically he wasn\'t human himself, the flare about him and the smell of him gave him away. She was old enough to have honed in her skills to know exactally what he was.