Author Topic: Good To Be Home  (Read 6187 times)

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
Good To Be Home
« on: November 20, 2007, 10:06:17 AM »
Keara slowly rode her Black Stallion Weunut on top on a grassy hill and far in the distance she could see Oberon, it brought a smile to her face. She was glad to finally return home where she was familiar with the surroundings of her Kingdom. It had been almost six months since she had seen her homeland though it seemed so much longer. Being a Ranger it took her many places, sometimes far away to other countries and sometimes only in the next Kingdom and each time she returned it seemed sweeter than the last.

She gently patted Weunut\'s neck, still looking over then hill. She had visited her father before coming. She wished he didn\'t live so far away from the Kingdom but he enjoyed the country life and wouldn\'t move even if he was deathly ill. She then spoke in the wind towards Weunut.

"Ready to home boy?"

He lifted his head up and down several times before he slowly started to walk down the hill. Keara smiled at her horse and let a chuckle escape. She looked up at the sky and seen that they had an hours sunlight left before speaking to him.

"You were always a smart horse Weunut; Let\'s see if we can get to the stables before dark ... Hyah!"

The horse rose on it\'s back legs neighing loudly before putting on a burst of speed. She got low and hugged the horse with her legs, at a gallop like this he could go on for an hour or two before slowing to a canter while he could go on for six or seven hours before needing a break. She held on tight and before she knew it she could see the streets of Oberon. She sped through the streets with lighting speed, yelling through the streets to warn people so she wouldn\'t knock someone over. He glided through the streets with elegance and agility arriving at the stables before she knew it. She slowed her horse with the lightest touch of the reins. He can to a canter and a slow stop at the ramp that led up to the second floor.

She gracefully got off her horse and led him up the ramps; it was an agreement that she had with the stable manager that she only would handle her horse for safety reasons of course. Weunut would only let her handle him and ride him part of the Ranger horse training. She slowly led him into his stall at the far side of the wall. She took off his saddle and hung it on the stall wall; she then filled his hay-net and trough. She then grabbed her grooming supplies and started to groom Weunut. She didn\'t see anyone when she entered; mind she didn’t really pay attention.

"Home Sweet Home ey Weunut?"

The horse tossed his head again as if saying yes with a mouth full of hay. Keara laughed and continued to groom her horse.

Domenus

Re: Good To Be Home
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 07:27:54 AM »
Willie gave the fat man a hard stare, "We agreed on six copper piecies, damnit, not five!"

The fat man looked at him, "You wish, street rat! The deal was five and that is all I am going to give you!"

Willie slammed his hands down on the desk, startling the man in front of him. "The deal was six, you fucking cow! Now give me my money before I get angry!"

The man chuckled, "Same old arrogant street rat mercenary. And you ALL try to get more money than was the deal. Get out of here, you don\'t even deserve this money after the disrespect your showing me."

Willie chuckled. The deal really was five, but he needed the money bad, he was broke. He shook his head. "Respect. Please, a fucking mouse deserves more respect than you do. Now you\'re going to give me my money or I\'m going to take it."

The man stood up slowly, walking around the desk to where Willie was sitting. "How do you plan that?"

Willie smiled, drawing a dagger with his left hand while he stood. His right hand shot out, grasping the man\'s neck and backpedaling him to the wall. He swiped at the man\'s belt and the coin purse fell to the ground. Willie gave a sharp punch to the upper side of the temple, knocking the man clean out.

He grabbed the purse and walked out, counting the money as he left. Theft wasn\'t exactly the best or most honorable thing to do, but its how he got be. Survival of the Fittest.

He heard the wife let out a yell inside and took off at a sprint as he saw some guards heading towards the house. Once he was a few blocks away, he darted into the stables and quickly made his way to the upper level, a precaution in case they had found him.

He slowed to a walk as he saw a girl in one of the stalls grooming a horse and talking to it. She hadn\'t noticed him yet, and Willie was going to turn away but he saw a guard outside looking around, possibly for him.

He made his way into the stall next to her, praying the horse was friendly. He started petting it softly, acting as though it was his own mount. He took another glance at the girl and she happened to be facing him. His eyebrows raised a little...she was definately a looker.

He gave a curteous smile and said, "Fine horse ya got there. Best lookin\' one I\'ve seen in awhile."

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 01:37:10 PM »
"Fine horse ya got there. Best lookin\' one I\'ve seen in awhile."

Keara\'s hand stopped in mid-stride on her horse, her eyes peered from the hood of her cloak that remained on her head. In the stall next to her a man stood, she finished her stroke on her horse before placing the brush on the side of the stall. She then took her hands and pulled her hood back off her head, she smiled at the man who she now noticed had Reddish Orange hair. He was shorter than her but then again who wasen\'t in this day and age, she also noticed that her was very muscular.

"Why thank you, he may not be a through-bred like them Royal or Knights horses but he can run them into the ground. Weunut here is bred for for their intelligence, agility, endurance, quickness and strength. Perfect for a Ranger like myself."

Weunut gave her a quick nuzzle in the arm and she set her hand on his muzzle and the horse closed his eyes so that they were half open. He blew a puff of air through his nose, still rubbing his muzzle she looked over at the man.

"Oh I\'m sorry my name is Keara."

Domenus

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 02:48:40 PM »
Willie smiled and even chuckled a little bit at the horse\'s behavior. This woman obviously had a close bond with the animal. As she was finishing, he made his way over to the side of the stall, leaving the horse. He leaned against the wall on his hip, with an elbow resting on top, facing Keara.

"Willie Jacobson," Willie answered with a smile and a nod of his head. He adjusted his position slightly so that both elbows rested on the wood behind him, supporting his upper body. He slouched a little bit, coming to a more relaxed form.

"And a ranger? Not the usual profession for a female, you must be a strong woman...may I ask how one such as yourself comes to choose that proffession?"

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 02:32:41 PM »
"Willie Jacobson."

He moved from the horse and towards the wall that was closest to her, he rested against the wall as she began to put the final finishing touches on her horse. He nodded his head and smiled at her into which she returned the smile towards Willie. He slouched a little against the wall making him more relaxed.  

"And a ranger? Not the usual profession for a female, you must be a strong woman...may I ask how one such as yourself comes to choose that profession?"

Keara smiled at this; no it wasn’t something that a woman would pick. She knew of three other women that had chosen to become a Ranger. Through they were much older than her it was nice to know that she wasn’t the odd ball in the female race.

"No you don\'t see may of us woman choosing such a profession, but their are a few of us who like to get our hands dirty and show off our strength with a bow or our accuracy with throwing our knives."

She gently patted the horses backside as it chewed on it\'s hay, looking back at Keara before returning to it\'s hay. She patted the horse on more before continuing.

"My mother died when I was young and my father had no son to pass down his traditions, I loved the outdoors and would rather be their than in a kitchen so he trained me to become a Ranger. What about you what\'s your profession?"

Domenus

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 03:08:32 PM »
Willie gave a small sigh of relief that the mention of her parents didn\'t lead to questions about his own. He took a second to recover from the brief lapse and put up his emotional barriers again. After taking a deep breath, he gave a weak smile and responded.

"I\'m still trying to find my path, at the moment. I guess you could call me an oppourtunist, whatever is giving me the best living style at the moment. Though, if I had to pick one I\'d probably say a mercenary, particularly with the bow."

Willie heard some more screams from outside and jumped to an immediate, tense position, peering over the railing and out the stable door below. The same guard was running back around, and darted into a building, coming out a few moments later and going into the next one.

Shit...they\'ll be coming soon. I gotta find a way outta\' here.

Willie made his way back into the stall, cleaning his hands off as he spoke further, trying to avoid suspicion. "So whereabouts are you from?"

((Just trying to get some sort of storyline going, having some trouble haha XD))

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 08:38:34 AM »
Keara listened with an open mind as he spoke, he seemed calm but yet he was showing some signs of uneasiness. He then tensed and looked out the window below in the stable yards. She also had heard the scream and a guards shout, they were looking for someone. Maybe they were looking for him, she stayed calm and collected not showing any signs of doubt towards the man.

He then slowly made his way back into the horses stall, wiping his hands as if he was getting rid of something that was on his hands. She wondered what he was in for if he was hiding from the guards. Luckily her throwing knives were still on her if she had to use them. He then asked where she was from, she spoke in a confident vioce showing no signs that she was onto him.

"I was born and raised here in Oberon, I know these lands like the back of my hand. Where do you hail from if you don\'t mind me asking?"