Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Trifles  (Read 13212 times)

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
  • four sins past SAINTHOOD.
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
Trifles
« on: December 30, 2007, 01:27:09 PM »
Piles of old books sat just to her left and a notebook, open to a fresh page, teetered on the edge of the table. There was always too much homework in this place, too many words which seemed so utterly pointless. After all, what did ink and paper have to do with slicing open a person\'s throat silently?

Of course, she had no problems with reading or writing. Saiketsu just never saw the point in wasting time on such trifling matters as hours of homework; at least not when she didn\'t have to. And what was the rush today? Right now?

Saiyura reclined in the chair with her feet up on the table. All around her students paced and whispered and studied. How droll, she thought. They all carried books, all grimaced, and/or all argued with their inner self-timer, all taking the fun out of this fine, sunny afternoon. They, including Saiyura, seemed to be stuck within the walls of papered knowledge without hope of escaping until the sun slunk down below the horizon.

Fuck it. I\'m not sitting here wasting my time if I really don\'t have to, she thought, getting up from the chair, toppling the notebook and a few pens in her wake. She didn\'t have class until tomorrow, so why worry about hours of homework now? Saiyura stretched her body and pushed in her chair, not bothering to pick up any of her things. She, then, turned towards the farthest part of the library and began her aimless wandering again.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
Re: Trifles
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 01:39:50 PM »
Idrial remained in the back of the library knowing that nobody ever came here out of their free will and poured over the books that she had gotten from the East Tower. She knew that removing these books would get her a merciless punishment if they were found to be missing, but nothing a simple illusion couldn’t fix. She always found that reading the library was much better for her as she could concentrate easier and absorb more information that way.

She gently slid her finger down the page of the book that was filled in how to you’re your weapons either with magick or no magick. One type of weapon especially caught her eye, The Shuriken which was small enough to conceal in your hand and you could also put poison onto the tips of the blades. It was something that would come in handy in many different situations, especially ones that required major stealth and the use of a small weapon.

“You would be very useful in my next …”

Idrial stopped and listened, she though that she had heard something in the library but in the distance. She strained her ears to listen and soon enough she had heard foot prints and they seemed to be coming her way. She quickly touched the books one by one rendering them invisible as so they would not be seen. She knew that is was not a master for they were quieter and more careful than these footprints. She crouched around a corner, her dagger drawn that she had gotten when she accompanied November in Summerland. She was ready to strike if she had too.

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 01:16:36 PM »
Dust began to pile up under her finger as she dragged it along the old volumes of knowledge. Who the hell actually knew that these were back here? She grinned slightly at the fact that --according to the accumulating dust -- not even the librarians seemed to remember about this section of the library. Her pace slowed.

She loved books, loved flipping through them, and yes, even learning from them. Needless to say she wasn\'t about to stop and pick one out and start reading; that\'s what she had just gotten away from.

And as she walked the first aisle of the book cases, books which looked about as exciting to read as tax applications, she felt a sense of calmness around her which she didn\'t feel often. She no longer worried about any outside force except the books under her fingers.

Saiyura didn\'t even notice there was someone standing there when she rounded the corner, coming far too close to a collision for her liking. "Oh!" She said embarassed, but offered no words of apology, especially when she saw that this stranger had a knife in her hand. The sense of calm faded quickly enough and her eyes narrowed threateningly.

Wrakune

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 04:33:39 PM »
Camie wandered into the library cautiously, books held tightly to her chest to keep her hands from shaking. There was nothing, however, to prevent her legs from doing the same. She stumbled over the treshhold and caught herself on a table near the door. Damn this place, she thought.

She looked around, amber eyes huge with intrest, and a little bit of fright. she sat at one table, decided she didn\'t like it and moved to another, where she could see the door and her back was against a wall. As she surveyed her classmates, she scoffed and her nervousness faded completely. Pfft, and I was frightened to come here. As a smirk flicked across her face she noticed how many shelves of books there were. She walked towards one near the back and picked one at random. A History of Weapon Making SHe rolled her eyes and said aloud, "Yeah, that\'ll be helpful." She ignored the two girls a few paces away and grabbed another book. Metal Worker\'s Guide. "Oh, how useful!" She laughed sat down in the isle with the book for lack of something better to do.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 01:44:00 PM »
The student had almost walked right into Idrial; she was relieved to see that it was only a student and not a teacher that had come around the corner. She got up to her full height and was no longer crouching. She could see that the girl was not pleased by the sight that she just saw, Idrial could be a very threatening person when she wanted to be and not because of her height. The girl was shorter than Idrial but ten again she had met very few girls that could match her height of six foot three. Although height did not matter, it was skill and training that counted.

She could she that she was not armed but then again she could have a hidden weapon, she slowly slid her dagger back into it\'s sheath but kept her hand on it just incase things got ugly. By the looks of her sash she was a level one but as to what house she belonged to she could not guess. She kept eye contact with the girl as she spoke.

"You seemed to have bumped into me ... The names Idrial, High Apprentice of the house Confuto. What is your name and where do you come from if you don\'t mind me asking?"

She kept her eyes locked on the person making sure that she did not pull a stupid move on any sort on Idrial.

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 02:48:29 PM »
Their eyes must have caught in a tense stalemate, as Saiketsu stared directly into the face of this person... High Apprentice. The sight of the weapon was a straight challenge to the younger woman, and her ego was further strained as she realized how young the other appeared to be.

Typically, she never backed down from any form of challenge... but this was an apprentice, and she\'d been in enough fights for one week, after fleeing that storage closet some days ago. Saiyura bit down her anger as well as she could before responding. "Actually I do mind you asking. I don\'t appreciate being interrupted and threatened when I\'ve done nothing wrong." She felt someone behind her, someone on the floor, and while Saiyura didn\'t necessarily feel threatened by the girl behind her, she did feel as though her aura and the personal space she had were being infringed upon by both women. She tensed where she was, as if anxiety taking a hold of her stomach, and telling her to get ready, get set and wait for something to happen.

Wrakune

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 12:14:39 PM »
Camie looked at the two, feeling the stress between them in the air. She stood and opened her mouth to speak, but decided against it. She covered her mouth with her hand, disguising her blunder as a yawn. She saw the weapon in one of the girl\'s hand. She felt her heart flutter a bit, with excitement, rather than fear. She shoved the book back onto the shelf, intentionally in the wrong place, and leaned heavily against it. She sighed exaggeratedly and waited with nervous jolts contorting her stomach. First day brings a fight, she thought, ironic. She laughed aloud and immediatley coughed to cover it unsuccessfully, no doubt. She tensed slightly and waited.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 03:57:58 PM »
Idrial remained stone faced towards the girl, she stared directly back at Idrial with a immense intensity. The look that she had gave her was almost as if she was defying her in some way without actually speaking, if Idrial could take a good guess she believed the girl to be from the Curio house. She seemed very tense around Idrial or maybe it was because of the girl behind them that had now taken an interest in their conversation. She paid no attention, as long as the girl sitting on the floor stayed her distance.

"Let me guess you are from the house Curio ... And if I recall it was you who interrupted me. If you hadn\'t come up this isle we wouldn\'t be in this situation now would we?"

Idrial stared at the person, keeping an eye on her movements. They seemed a little tense and she smiled before making a small laugh. She knew that it was bad enough to mess those that such a love for death but she wanted to see if the girl could hold her temper.

"I see that you are tense, surly someone from Curio is not so easy threatened by someone like me with a wee lil dagger? Now I’ll ask again nicely what do they call you or should I just call you Girl from Curio?"

She kept her smile on her face for a few more moments before she let it fade.

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 09:25:39 AM »
Jaw clenched and tight-lipped, Saiyura decided to say nothing to this person, this... Idrial; her eyes never relented in their gaze. High Apprentice, she reminded herself angrily allowing only her hand to curl into a ball and her chin to raise ever slightly, as if she were practicing for balancing something on her head.

She snickered, no other real laughter in her. "You can call me Saiyura, if you must address me."

Saiyura caught the little obvious sounds of the younger girl behind her. Her presence annoyed Hatsumomo incredibly, especially the eavesdropping she was doing and the little, twittering of attention she seemed to be trying to call to herself. What is she, twelve? "Hey you," she called back over her shoulder aiming to grab the girls attention, yet keep her eyes on the Apprentice at the same time. "Piss off, you little brat."

Wrakune

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 01:34:20 PM »
She listened to the two girls go back and forth. Camie jumped as the older girl spoke to her. "Easy now," she said proudly attempting to hide her jolt, "I\'ll do as I please, thank you." She laughed a little and said under her breath, "As if I care what you tell me to do." She rolled her eyes leaned against the shelves, making a point to not yeild any space to the elder girl.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 09:24:03 AM »
Idrial could see that the child was mad for her demanding such information, she held her head high towards her, he jaw was slightly clenched and her hands balled into fists. She did not lash out though and kept her temper in check which impressed her. Usually students from Cruori had very violent tempers and did not take well to authority. She then chuckled before she spoke.

"You can call me Saiyura, if you must address me."

Idrial nodded at Saiyura still keeping her gaze on the girl. She then lifted her hand off her dagger to show the girl that she did not mean any harm. Idrial\'s gaze softened at the Saiyura and her lips slightly curled into a smile.

"It is nice to meet you Saiyura."

Suddenly the girl looked over her shoulder still keeping her gaze on Idrial and yelled at the girl behind her who was eavesdropping. She looked past Saiyura and frowned as well, the girl behind them had no right to listen into there private conversation. Idrial then frowned at what the girl said towards Saiyura and caught some words that she had mumbled under her breath. She then stood beside Saiyura and talked towards the girl that leaned against the bookshelf

"For a Level Nine you sure are lippy ... Maybe you don\'t care what Saiyura says but you better care what I say ... Now come here and state your name and house... I will not ask you again."

Idrial hardened her gaze at the girl and waited for her to come over, this girl needed to learn a lesson about respect and authority. If a good talking too wouldn\'t work then maybe a good fight would put her in her place.

Wrakune

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 06:30:48 AM »
Camie laughed and shoved off from the bookshelves. She moved toward Idrial, hand on hip. "Camorrista \'Camie\' Saino. \'The Hell Raiser\' of the noble house of Cruori," she spoke slowly, almost forcefully. As she smirked at the elder woman, she bowed her head in respect, or what she hoped looked like it.

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 07:06:25 AM »
Saiyura scoffed at the youngest of this encounter, throwing a very condescending look at her. She hated the lower levels of Cruori -- each and every one of them. Honestly, she believed it insane that they should even hold the same name as Saiyura.

"Noble house, indeed," she bit out sardonically. I doubt you could even hold your own in a fight; Hell Raiser my ass. "What the hell do you want here, huh?" Hatsumomo restrained herself from trying to push this little girl around; Idrial was still here, still watching and was unpredictable to Saiyura in actions. And while she felt less threatened by the elder assassin now that her hand was off that dagger, Saiyura still felt tense in said situation.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 08:02:13 AM »
Idrial listened as the two spat words at each other, two Cruori in one place and both at different levels. Idrial gave a breif smile flashing her canies at the girl that called herself the "The Hell Raiser." Idrial crossed her arms at the girl, lifting her head up a little, she could tell that this one did not have any respect for any sort of athourity, whether it be from her own house or that of anothers house.

"Well answer her, she doesn\'t have all bloody day. And what makes you think you have earned the right to call yourself the Hell Raiser? Have you ever been in a fight and could you actually hold your own?"

Idrial waited for the answer, it would be interesting to hear what the girl had to say.

Wrakune

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 06:02:12 AM »
"Ha!" she giggled at the elder girls. "My name means hell raiser." I\'ll be damned if you two aren\'t some of the dumbest persons I have ever met, she added to herself. "I came here to get a book. This is a library, is it not?" She raised her eyebrows and cocked her head, in a "what are you gonna do now?" sort of way. Her youth was getting the better of her and she was amused by it. She glanced around her and remembered the dagger in her boot. She reamained still, but ready.