Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Just Another Day at the Infirmary  (Read 6065 times)

w0rmy

Just Another Day at the Infirmary
« on: June 10, 2007, 06:49:08 PM »
Tuo once again managed to let harm come to her. Earlier, she was having a feud with a apprentice that hailed from Cruori. She and the Cruori apprentice have been having this fight even since they were wee ones. Today, Tuo wanted to end it... Once and for all. She muttered to herself "That bastard! I would of won if he hadn\'t..." She held her right shoulder as it was adorned with burns. She cringed, she never thought that the Cruori apprentice would be so low and attempted to set her alight. Tuo looked around the Infirmary, she couldn\'t see any clerics which annoyed her greatly... She began to calm down and started to reflect on what had happen and began to regret...

She sat on a chair and said to herself,
"I don\'t think... I should put those snakes in his chest. I think... It made things worse... But.. If I killed him, I wouldn\'t have these fucking burns!"
She growled and stood up and began to pace back and forward... She looked around, there were still no clerics. She sighed, and thought to herself
"Maybe there won\'t be any clerics until... Oh... I don\'t know... Till sunrise... Maybe they are all asleep... Perhaps I should visit one of them and plant a little surprise for her... Or him. Whatever."
Tuo then realised, she had said this all out loud... She smacked her forehead in embarrassment. She took a deep breath and sat down, cringing as she felt a wave of pain run through her shoulder.

Maledict

Re: Just Another Day at the Infirmary
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 08:27:46 PM »
David was whistling in the Mortuary when he noted a girl arrive. It\'d been a good night so far, and he\'d been so desperate to stave off boredom that he began cleaning around the place, and he welcomed the opportunity to do something, even if it was for another annoying mouth-breather. So he quickly finished the small spot he was tidying before quietly stepping out into the infirmary.

"I don\'t think... I should put those snakes in his chest"
When David heard the girl start to talk, his interest was piqued. It was a perk that came with the job, being able to hear the ramblings of students. Sometimes it can be hilarious, other times downright terrifying, but he never let on how much he heard, unless they were talking TO him. This seemed to be both a) and b), but he wouldn\'t interrupt. Not yet, anyway.

"...Perhaps I should visit one of them and plant a little surprise for her... or him. Whatever"
THAT brought a slight cringe from David. He didn\'t need more people to take up the beds - especially not him.
He cleared his throat to get her attention.
"Need something?"

w0rmy

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 08:48:19 PM »
She had heard some distant whistling but she ignored it, probably nothing too serious. Tuo began to think Fuck, I should just leave, my wounds will eventually heal... About to take her leave when Tuo heard some address her, looking up and saw it was a young human... Of course, he looked older than the vampire... Physically anyway. Tuo then realised, he must of heard her talking to herself and threating to "leave a little surprise" for the cleric. Biting her lip, she spoke,

"Oh... Hello. Hey. I got some third degree burns here."
Pointing to her shoulder.
"They are hurting as you could imagine, I normally would of ignored it but not tonight. I don\'t have the patience. Do you have any shit you could put on it?"
I think I should of used a different word instead of shit... Whatever, it\'s not my problem if he doesn\'t like the word.
The vampire looked at the man, he was very young, very young for such a job. She expected older and was surprised to be served by him but didn\'t complain... As there was nothing to complain about. However, she could of made note of it but didn\'t.

Maledict

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 09:19:12 PM »
"Oh... Hello. Hey. I got some third degree burns here..."
David visibly cringed at the sight. "How the hell did you manage that?", He asked, surprised. It wasn\'t likely to occur in a normal accident, and he didn\'t know many people who would cause something like that in a fight. Unless...

"Well, there ain\'t much I can do to help that. Tell me, though, how -did- you get a burn of that severity? If you\'re that intolerant to fire, it\'ll be healing up in a couple days, I imagine... No normal human would get something that bad here, unless someone poured oil on it... maybe." He mumbled, not really paying attention to his ramblings. He was telling the truth - he couldn\'t do much for third-degree burns, especially not for a supernatural.

w0rmy

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 12:25:42 PM »
Tuo expected as much, deep down she knew that her burns couldn’t really be helped. The vampire would have to bear with them for a couple of days for it to go down… Much to her displeasure.  Running a hand through her hand, she sighed. Looking at the man, couldn’t he tell she was a vampire? Perhaps not. Despite being somewhat disappointed, the vampire was amused by the man’s reaction to her burns. Thinking about if she should tell the medic what happened… Might as well, he would have to keep it confidential anyway.  

Pulling some hair away from her face delicately, answering his questions with detail,
“I’m not a normal human I assure you. I’m a vampire, if you care to know. Anyway, how this happened. There is a fellow Apprentice whom I loath. He loathes me too so that makes it even better. However, we are not in the same house, he is in fact in Cruori. We have been fighting for nearly 7 years and it’s still going. I was going to end it today… I put a snake in his clothes chest and I guess he was pretty pissed. He was screaming my name in the student quarters, he knew it was my turn to patrol. I laughed when I saw him because he was pretty angry but that just pissed him off more. He grabbed a torch from the wall and attempted to shove it in my shoulder… The pain was immense… I can’t describe it to you.”
Grimacing however she continued,
“He was going to kill me but I shoved my tanto into his neck… I wanted to kill him but the bastard is still alive! They managed to heal it somehow… I don’t know how and he is meant to be a mortal!!”
The vampire smashed her fist into the wall in anger and cursed. Looking at her, now, bloody knuckles, said quietly
“I think I broke my knuckles…”

Maledict

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 09:33:57 PM »
"He was going to kill me but I shoved my tanto into his neck… I wanted to kill him but the bastard is still alive! They managed to heal it somehow… I don’t know how and he is meant to be a mortal!!"
David grinned when he heard this.
"I was wondering how he got that wound, but it\'s not usually my place to find out. Thanks for the inadvertent compliment, however. I\'m good at what I do", he replied, taking a seat. He welcomed the company.

w0rmy

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 10:05:30 PM »
Dumb struck, Tuo just sat there, with her mouth slightly mouth. She did not know what to say, utterly speechless. All that was done was basically nothing, she sat just sat there. Slowly, creeping came the anger. It was him?! It was this man who healed that bastard?! This man... Her hands began to twitch slightly as well as the corners of her mouth. The vampire wanted nothing but for that stupid Cruori apprentice to die. To die, die, die.

The vampire began to walk back and forth, muttering to herself, even she couldn\'t understand that well.
"It was him. Still alive..."
Tuo then glared at the man and yelled,
"You!! You stupid child! Cretin! Why did you do such a thing! He is vile! He does not deserve to grace the land. He-He-He..."
As she began to stutter, groaning and putting her hands on her head and between gritted teeth, she said,
"He was meant to die tonight! That stupid snake didn\'t do the job! It was your fault that he isn\'t dead now!"

The vampire turned to David, grabbing the collar of his robes and then pushing him against the wall. She spat in his face and sneered,
"You\'re going to fucking die tonight."

Maledict

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 09:25:13 PM »
David\'s expression hardened immediate after being slammed against the wall, though he made no effort to resist the vampire\'s efforts. He -was- a patient man, but the girl had just stretched it further than normal, and even his patience wasn\'t infinite. She was blinded by rage, that was certain, but she could at least take into account his position. He had a duty to heal the injured that come in here, even if he didn\'t like it.

"I\'m a healer, girl. It\'s my job. I\'m an apprentice, same as you, not just a member of the medical staff. Now, perhaps a sedative would help?", he offered in that soothing but somewhat patronising tone that all medics seem to be innately capable of. He gently pushed her back, working to calm her down. He didn\'t want to come up against a vampire, wounded or no, in a scrap. Her wounds would pass - his wouldn\'t.

w0rmy

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 12:16:55 AM »
Regret overwhelmed Tuo. She shouldn\'t done that and especially over such a little thing. The vampire released her grip on the man, her face flushed slightly and embarrassed.
"I\'m sorry, BOY. I know it\'s your job an\' all. I just wanted him dead and I nearly did it!"
Anger bubbled in her body but taking a few deep breaths, this was nothing to get pissed off about. Next time, she\'ll finish the job. Once and for all.

Tuo bit her lip and looked at the walls, they were pretty bare, not even a scratch. How boring.
"Ah no. It\'s okay. I\'ll just end up throwing it up later. No offense but I can\'t really take any liquid or solid prescriptions."
Out of the corner of her eye, a rat scampered past. The vampire was generally shocked.

I thought these things were meant to be clean!!

The thought of filthy rats dragging their bellies across medical equipment made her nearly vomit.
"Oh my god."
Wiping away some saliva from her face.
"I just saw a rat then..."