Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: The Comer  (Read 17425 times)

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: The Comer
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 08:53:40 PM »
He watched Aedus face as the young man replied to his question, enjoying the way the expressions played over his face as he answered; the small frown lines, the slight narrowing of his eyes and the blankness that settled when he mentioned Zazaar and the small silence that followed after. Finishing the slice of melon he pulled a chunk of warm bread off of the loaf and placing some bacon on it, proceeded to eat it, each movement careful and precise. He sat back and considered his answer “Melghym…” Just saying the name invoked dark memories, not of that city since he had never been there, but of another, older, darker drow city. His mothers homeland.. He blinked and clearing his mind focused on the here and now. “ I don’t really know the place at all, I have just heard of it and its location through certain travels of my own for certain personal reasons I like to know as much as possible about my mothers people and where they can access the surface. As for Melghym I hear it is a secluded city, secluded even from its own kind and its people rarely if ever come to the surface.

He flicked his gaze over Aedus, noticing for the first time how well he looked in the clothes “ the clothes look good on you, they suit you very well” he smiled in appreciation before continuing “ and I don’t mean to pry” his smile turned into a grin sharp and filled with amusement “ Ok maybe I do, but curiosity has always been my vice and weakness. You said it was an elemental academy…elemental how? I mean, is it an academy like this one or is it more focused on mage and wizardry, scholarship…what? What do they teach there? I only ask because it took me a long, long time to find this one and thought it was the only one of its kind.” He paused, catching his breath then chuckled softly “ forgive me Aedus, I am a nosey bastard, please sit, eat, make yourself comfortable and tell me to shut the hell up if you like. Or return the favour and ask questions of me. Though I may not answer” he said with a smile and a wink.

Uzaki

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 10:45:07 PM »
Doing as bid, sitting down, he returned the smile. It felt good to converse with someone once again, and the many questions didn’t bother him at all, as a few weeks of travelling alone might make even the loner long for company. Stretching out his legs and flexing his naked toes, having opted for not putting on any socks, and gave a soft sigh of appreciation. His foster father would’ve shaken his head at this, told him to not let his guard down, but he couldn’t find a reason not to.

Dark eyes looked up from the other’s hands. No, he was always on guard but no more or less than what he’d been if he’d been alone or with his father.

“One’s always free to ask” he let the other know, everyone was free to ask but on the same time he was not obligated to provide an answer. To these questions though he could and would. “I suppose it was much more divided and more in-depth with the magical arts way back. We’re divided by how we work, our abilities and specializations, and what we’re compatible with.” He tried to explain, shrugging once he silenced and hoped the other would understand. The system was sort of the same as here, or at least that was what his master had told him.

“Much like here.” He added, just to make sure, and picked up another piece of fruit. “And it’s smaller than here, I guess, but has been around for quite some time. It’s in the middle of the desert, few people venture there without knowing where to go.” Aedus had never been one to ponder about visitors or why or how about the academy, but for the past weeks he’d thought real hard on what may have happened that night when he…

Blinking he realised he’d silenced, still holding onto the uneatable piece of melon in his hand, and cleared his throat followed by a smile.

“I sorry, I’m tired and not good company. I should be though, considering what you’ve done for me. I am in your debt.” And Aedus marvelled over the fact that one he’d been so certain was drow and would at the best ignore him and send him away had turned out to be the complete opposite. Someone almost like him. “If you ever want something I can give…” he let the promise hang between them, the smile still present, eyes searching those of his new friend.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 03:00:58 AM »
He watched and stored Aedus’ facial expressions and body language, the habit now second nature and as natural as breathing. He liked the way Aedus seemed at home and comfortable with his surroundings, the way he seemed to open up to him. Not many people did then again he had never opened up to them either. The sudden worry that flashed over Aedus’ face and the sudden silence as he talked about his home saddened him. Aedus seemed young to have to bare such a burden already, especially for a long-lived surface dweller anyway. Maybe that was what called to him…the need o give Aedus what he never had when he found himself a lone at an even younger age, an ear and shoulder to lean on, someone to call a friend.

He leaned back and waved Aedus comment about being bad company away “ Aedus, you don’t owe me anything and you certainly aren’t obligated to play attentive house guest.” He frowned a little as he considered how he would react if he was in Aedus shoes and couldn’t help but smile wryly almost self mockingly as he admitted if he was Aedus he would look upon all this with high suspicion, wondering what he was up too, what he wanted. “Aedus… I offered you help and somewhere to stay…simply because I could. I don’t know, maybe you reminded me of myself long and long ago” He suddenly grinned rakishly as a mental image of himself at aedus age entered his mind. He was never so…innocent looking as Aedus seemed. Neither inwardly nor outwardly. He was and still is he admitted to himself somewhat of a hellion, always looking and finding trouble. “anyway…I suppose I am offering you friendship with no strings nor any hidden agenda, which for me is something…new and refreshing “ he chuckled softly before continuing  “ my rooms are your rooms, for as long as you wish” He smiled softly and leaning forward a little pushed the breakfast tray forward towards Aedus “ now eat, sleep and later when you awake I will take you to a master. After that…well I’ll be here if you need me, after all; these are your rooms too now. I won’t be too hard to find” he finished as his teeth flashed whitely in a grin.