Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Smuggler\'s Run  (Read 27485 times)

Uzaki

Re: Smuggler\'s Run
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2008, 01:54:37 AM »
“Wake up, Aedus!”

Wake…”

“I need you to wake up. Hurry, before they find you.”

“My boy…”

The dream that plagued Aedus mind had come from nowhere, invading his peaceful sleep and stirring unease and his conscience fought to get away without having to wake up. There wasn’t much more than sounds and hazy shapes in the dark within his sleep, tension growing in his mind as it echoed. Memories, a memory, maybe just a dream.

“Go now, through the cellars.”

“Go!”

And he woke. Not with a scream, or a gasp, or anything that might hint that he was scared or startled but with tensing through his whole body. Muscles fighting the reflex to bolt up, eyes snapping open but looking around it took a heartbeat before he realized where he was. Face buried half beneath the cover and half against the slick skin of Kaid, slick from the sweat born of their warm skin pressed together.

During sleep his arms had shifted, now one was slung over the wide waist and the second trapped between their bodies, and trying to flex his fingers he realized it was asleep. Great. Just great.

“Fucking glorious.” He murmured, voice rough with sleep, and tried to carefully move away from the other. Starting with detaching his head from the other and as cool air touched his cheek, despite the warmth from beneath the cover, he followed with trying to snake his arm away.

Offline deviliscious

• Dearly Missed
  • Wordsmith
    • View Profile
    • http://ramblesbrambles.blogspot.com
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2008, 11:33:59 PM »
In his half-asleep state, the stirring of the other made him frown slightly. Just a few hours earlier, he had managed to convince himself that his companion was safe, that he was not the enemy, that they were partners and therefore, he was not a danger to him. But he had forgotten that he only knew the man for... what? A couple days of travelling together? It had slipped his mind that the years, centuries of being a professional assassin meant that he could not stop his instinct from taking over, just as he could not, with conscious thought, stop himself from breathing when his lungs screamed for air.

And so when the other attempted to extract himself from him, Kaid had moved before he was even fully awake enough to think.

Aedus would find that his world was suddenly flipped over, and that he was pinned against the bed by the half-Djinn’s larger and heavier form, the sheets nearly tossed off. Hovering over the younger male, Kaid had one hand tightly gripping the man’s shoulder, the other firmly wrapped around his throat, ready to squeeze, to break the fragile neck. Narrowed eyes, one gleaming black and the other a horrible sooty charcoal coloured eyeball, stared down at Aedus with a disturbingly blank look on Kaid’s face. It was wrong, that look. So vacant it was that it was obvious he did not even see Aedus, only someone who he thought was a threat.

Then he blinked. Once. Twice. The gears in his head suddenly started to turn again, and he remembered.

And roughly, he pulled back. “Fuck... Aedus... Shit!” It was small, almost imperceptible, but Kaid was trembling. He sat back on his knees upon the bed, some distance between them from the way he had flung himself off the half-drow, giving the other a horrified look because of what he had just done. Had almost hurt him. I hurt him! “Aedus... gods... I’m sorry!” Panic was evident in his tone, on his face that screamed how upset he was at losing his control like that. How guilty.

He had almost killed his partner.

Uzaki

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2008, 12:49:02 AM »
The world did flip, all wooziness from sleep gone in an instant and as with the other drilled and taught instinct took over and panic spread like wildfire through his mind. I don’t have a weapon. I’m naked. The force against his windpipe and he pressed his head back, tensing all muscles to muster some strength to his neck caught in the tight hold. Hands flew to the other’s wrists, trying to hold off but not managing anything.

The seconds seemed a lifetime, the only thing holding him from panicking being the training he’d had and received from his father. After the initial reaction he slacked his body, surrendering. And with the next moment the other was off him, weight gone from him and his throat.

Ears deaf to what was said he rolled off the bed, away from the other, and onto the floor. Landing with a heavy thud, and stayed there. Breathing. Once, twice. Shit, shit.

“Shit man.” He hissed, forehead touching the floor, and within another moment (no sound indicating the other followed) he climbed to a stand. Well up on his feet he turned to Kaid. “Shit, what the hell?” he took a step back, blood still pumping through his body.

Offline deviliscious

• Dearly Missed
  • Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2008, 11:52:41 AM »
If he would later go over and think about that critical moment when he had Aedus in a chokehold, about to snuff out the ‘enemy’, he would have realised that he had perhaps taken a little bit too long to go through with the motion of truly snapping the other’s neck. Large hands, brute strength; breaking necks was almost easy. It would seem that the only reason why he didn’t instantly take him out when he had the advantage then might be, in part, due to Aedus’ own actions. That he had surrendered, and the lack of struggles had somehow sank in, causing Kaid to pull back.

What a lucky break, for the both of them.

Watching the other roll away, the half-Djinn was rooted to the spot, one hand raised to press against his suddenly throbbing blind eye, those anxious and distressed expressions have yet to leave his face. When Aedus stood up, Kaid couldn’t look him in the eye, head cocked slightly to one side, his eye focused on something insignificant. But he winced at the other’s tone, and grounded the heel of his hand further against his eye. “Aedus... fuck. I’m sorry. I... it was purely instinct. I didn’t even realise it and I almost...” he trailed off, mouth dry.

It was his tone, as much as it was his posture and the look on his face that said how much he regretted his actions.

When he finally dared to look up, his gaze instantly fixed upon the man’s neck, and a sickened look crossed his features. Imprints against dark skin. Imprints of his hand against his partner’s dark skin. That was going to bruise. “Fuck, I’m so sorry...”

Uzaki

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2008, 06:00:17 PM »
“Whatever.” He replied, though the tone of his voice was far from ‘whatever’, but not really knowing how to handle a situation such as this he turned around and headed over to the drawer. Looking for some pants to put on, as he couldn’t help but feel uneasy, and a chance to not meet that eye that seemed to pull at his heart.

“You were the one wanting one bed.” He argued, pulling out a pair of brown pants and pushed the drawer shut. They’ll do. Tugging them up over his hips the half-drow realized he was starting to calm down, the need to simply run away had lessened and his mind had stopped spinning. “If you can’t handle it, you find a solution.”

Aedus walked to the shelf he’d disposed of yesterdays clothing on, picked out the vest and slipped it on. Throwing a glance over his shoulder he noted the other was still on the bed, much in the same position as before.

“Get yourself together; we have a lot of work to do.” And as he buttoned up the vest he almost thought the tight fit felt good today. Work, business, that’s a safe topic. He refocused his attention to his fingers as he slipped with one button.

Offline deviliscious

• Dearly Missed
  • Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2008, 07:27:19 PM »
Drawing in a slightly shaky breath, Kaid forced his hand away from his eye and lifted it to run his fingers through the mess of his blue-black mop of hair. Seldom having been in such a circumstance made him unsure how to act, what to say. True, he had apologised, but was that all he should do? Did Aedus even buy it?

The few people who had had received such a reaction from Kaid in his ‘half-asleep-battle-ready-mode’ were those he had known and worked with for a long time that it was easy to let the matter drop. A sheepish apology, an exasperated glare from the recipient, and all was well. He himself had been on the receiving end a number of times to know that it was all normal – as normal as one could expect from an assassin. But this current team was a new one therefore they both don’t know each other all that well as yet. He only hoped the half-drow would not remain angry for long, and would be able to forgive him for his earlier blunder.

It was the order for him to get his act together that made him jerk out of his thoughts. The gears in his head shifted, and he forced his rigid muscles to relax.

Right. Get it together, Kaid. It’s so fucking easy. You can do it!

He started by shooting a glare (slightly weak, but getting there... a little bit more... Right. Just nice. That was a good glare) at the other man. “It’s true, I asked for a single. But I didn’t take into consideration having a clingy partner at night! Yes, that’s right. It was my entire fault!”  

Wait, wasn’t he trying to make peace with the other?

In the case of Kaid, ‘making peace’ simply meant to act more like himself. Perhaps by acting like everything was normal, the tension between them would magically diffuse?

Uzaki

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2008, 07:48:45 PM »
Clingy, Aedus mused as he finally finished with the vest but stalled turning around by smoothing out a few wrinkles on it. He had been fairly close, more or less draped on the other, but he wouldn’t go as far as to call it clingy. A small surge of anger and embarrassment, for he had no idea how or why he’d ended up like that (dream long forgotten), brought a flush to his face and burnt even the tip of his ears. The assassin wasn’t one to snuggle up with people in his sleep, he wasn’t used to sleep with anyone for such behavior.

Turning around he finally met the glare, holding it with an expressionless (as much as he could muster) one of his own, as the color in his face faded back to its original one.

“Yeah, me touching you is like begging to have my ass kicked, isn’t it?” And the wish to run away returned, the conflict that had failed to drop between them wasn\'t something the half-drow was used to. Conflict at all for that matter. He preferred to run away. “Well, I’ll be sure to stay away from you, if you can’t control yourself.”

And he decided now was a good time to run away, heading towards the door, if only for the brief time it’d take to go get them some breakfast. Pausing he pulled on his boots, stumbling as he almost lost his balance while pulling the left on. Kaid had really unsettled him, not so much with the odd awakening as with the continued discussion. Or whatever this was. Arguing.

Finally!

“I’m getting breakfast.” He declared, hand already on the door knob and ready to storm out.

Offline deviliscious

• Dearly Missed
  • Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2008, 12:05:25 AM »
If Aedus had paused to look back, he would have seen the darkening of Kaid’s face into what would have made children cry at the sight of him. Not only had his sleep been interrupted, it was still too early for him to be awake and Kaid was always cranky in the morning. Plus the other made that stupid little comment about him losing control! The nature of the half-djinn being the sort of person who gets easily riled up, he was not going to take it lying down.

“Running away? I never pegged you as the type,” he grounded out at the other’s announcement. He didn’t know that what he said had hit close to home and he would have continued to fling barbed insults at the man when he suddenly thought to himself, What the fuck am I doing? They were partners for goodness sake. They hadn’t even truly started on the core objective of their mission and they were already in a disagreement?

What a pair they made.

Kaid sucked in a deep breath and swallowed his anger as best he could, shaking his head and deciding that he was not going to make this worse. So before the door was opened wider than a crack, he swung his legs over the bed and marched over, one hand already out in which he used to press the flat of his palm against the door, right above the half-drow’s head before pushing it firmly close.

Towering over the male, he had to dip his chin down to look at him with his one eye, the blind one properly shut. “Look, Aedus. I’m sorry alright, for what I did, for the words I should not have said and never meant to say.” Kaid was serious and surprisingly not angry anymore. This was a stupid fight anyway, if it could be called as such. For acting like an oversized brat most times, he can actually be quite mature. Then again, he was over five centuries old.

Being one who always wore his emotions visibly on his face, it was clear that he was sincere. If they were partners, they should act like partners. At least until the mission was over. But if his apology was thrown back into his face, well, then. That would be a different matter altogether.

Uzaki

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2008, 12:28:20 AM »
Letting the door close, not fighting or pulling to get it open, Aedus kept his face downcast and more felt than saw the other tower over him. Shoulders slumping as he contemplated what was said and thinking this morning over he could truthfully say he wasn’t the type to argue like this. Usually he was the forgive and forget type, not one to hold a grudge.

What were they doing?

A faint smile spread over his lips, previous anger dispersing much like the other’s had, and he turned around. Back against the door, and lifted his face to be able to look Kaid in the face. Still smiling.

“If this is anything like a honeymoon, I never want to be married.” He seriously told the half-djinn, the only hint at amusement being the smile and glint in his eyes. They were acting like an old married couple, at least from what he could tell. It was strange, how the other had this affect on him and his feelings. Seemingly enhancing them, whether it was embarrassment, anger or happiness. Odd.

He let out a sigh.

“And I’m sorry too…” he admitted.

Offline deviliscious

• Dearly Missed
  • Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2008, 12:46:21 AM »
Kaid had held his breath to see if his apology was really going to be thrown back at him. And then he breathed out a sigh of relief when the man finally turned around. And he was smiling. It was contagious, that smile, and Kaid felt his lips copying the other’s.

His smile grew into a grin before he assembled his features into a mock pout. “Oh, really? Why, I hadn’t even proposed yet and you already turned me down!” He laughed and started to pull away when he paused at the other male’s apology. The half-djinn shook his head and lightly shrugged.

“Not your fault at all. Don’t worry about it. It’s just one of those things that happen, you know?” His gaze settled onto the neck he had bruised, had tried to snap not too long ago, and he sighed. “Fuck, I hate when that happens.” The hand that was upon the door slid down, slowly reaching out for Aedus’ neck, not to squeeze or bruise or hurt, but to gently inspect. He caught the half-drow’s eye and softly asked, “May I?”

Uzaki

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2008, 01:10:05 AM »
“Ah.” Aedus accepted, tilting his chin up some and to the side so that the other could more easily access and see whatever he was looking for. “Sure, but it’s alright. Really.” There had been no permanent damage and for that he found himself grateful. As warm fingers touched his neck he looked away from the other’s face, eyes lowering to the spot just below Kaids throat.

He wet his lips.

Offline deviliscious

• Dearly Missed
  • Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2008, 01:45:12 AM »
Kaid wasn’t entirely sure if he was doing it for the half-drow’s benefit or his own. Not that it mattered. The dark expanse of fragile-looking column was so... tempting. Not to hurt this time, but to lick, perhaps nibble. But instead of doing what his mind was screaming at him to do, he merely traced the outline of the imprint his hand had made with a callused finger.  

“Doesn’t look too bad. Should be gone by tomorrow,” he murmured somewhat huskily, attempting to ignore it when Aedus’ tongue darted out to lick at his lips. He was wetting his lips. Pink and shiny and wet, he watched the organ flit across the satiny span of his mouth.

Kaid swallowed hard.

And without thinking twice, he tucked his finger under the man’s chin to turn his head to face him, his eye fixated upon his lips. His very wet lips. There was no question what he was about to do and he bent his head down slowly, allowing the other the chance to back off should he want to.

Uzaki

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2008, 02:19:50 AM »
The mood had changed, almost immediately when the other had touched his neck it’d become tangible around Aedus. Around and between them. Tension building with such a pace he’d almost expected there to be sparks where skin touched skin. There was none, but instead there’d been an increase in heartbeat and for a fleeting moment he wondered if the other had cast some spell to have him act like this. Respond to him, in everything.

His head was lifted and he gazed up at Kaid once more, attempting to look unaffected but with lips still parted and heavy eyelids it was doomed to fail. One of his hands rested on the other\'s chest, he wasn’t sure how it’d gotten there or when, but made no move to push away. His body had stopped responding the moment the half-djinns face began to blur in front of his and their breaths mingle.

There was an emergency-meeting inside his head, where all his brain cells tried to decide on the next move. It drew a blanc as lips touched lips and his body decided for him, leaning in just a bit to press up against the warmth meeting him.

Offline deviliscious

• Dearly Missed
  • Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2008, 03:24:54 AM »
That face. That lovely face. Whatever look the other had attempted failed completely because Kaid was utterly captivated. The half-drow would surely note how the beat of his heart had sped up, the hand upon his bare chest burned pleasantly, the invisible sparks of skin contact igniting the blood in his veins.

If the other had indeed pushed him away, he knew he wouldn’t stand for it, and like everything he pursued, he would surely come after him with the enthusiasm of a dog in heat.  

Just as well that he hadn’t been pushed away. But kissing always involves a party of two, so when he bent his head further downwards and saw that Aedus had tilted his head back, he took it as a sign to attack.

And attack he did, meeting his lips without reserve. The moment their lips meshed together, Kaid felt his nerves catch fire. The hand that had hovered against his neck when he checked out the bruise had travelled to the back of Aedus’ head, the other hand purchasing a hold onto the younger male’s shoulder. Unable to help himself, a singular moan escaped him, one that sounded oh so sensual, muffled by their kiss. What started out as tentative and mild became a rough lip-locking session, mostly on Kaid’s part, letting it be known how much desire was coursing through his veins right then.

Only when he knew he would pass out due to lack of air did he break off their kiss, panting slightly. Staring down at the other male with the same enraptured look on his face, he thought he should say something to break the silence. A small smirk formed onto his features and never being one to romanticise his words, he murmured, “So. Would you like to meet the demon?”

Uzaki

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2008, 03:56:46 AM »
It was easy once they’d begun kissing, all of his mind previously busy with figuring out the right thing to do surrendering and focusing only on their lips. Their teeth, their tongues pushing together in passion born from… from where Aedus wasn’t sure and didn’t care so he pressed closer to chase away any thoughts.

His hands had wandered again, wound up half-way around the other’s waist and fingers resting gently against the warm skin beneath. Head leaning backwards even more, ending up at an odd angle that wasn’t completely comfortable but he found he didn’t mind.

And then it ended.

And he was left panting for air.

Blinking he moved away a bit, breathing deep to clear his thoughts, and laughed. The other had a way with words, and perhaps that was a good thing. Aedus let his hands drop.

“I…I think it’d be a bad idea.” He started, swallowing and having to look away from that eye that seemed to search his soul. “I don’t... We need to continue with the mission…”