Author Topic: Friendly Escape  (Read 11522 times)

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Escape
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 07:03:12 PM »
"Just put on a pair of trousers and a nice button-up shirt.  I\'m sure that\'s all they\'d have managed to throw together."

She\'d been looking at herself in the mirror, and just as she clicked on the hairdryer to style her hair, she realised what an incredible snob she must have sounded like.  Her eyes widened at her reflection, she looked over at Kerr, who wasn\'t staring at her like she was the most horrible person on earth, and added; "You know what I mean," even though he hadn\'t said anything.

She returned to blowdrying her hair, brushing the long strands out and drying them from underneath, so she\'d be able to twist it up into a french twist at the top of her head and put a few pins in it to keep it in place.  She estimated about five minutes for that, and thought she had a very good chance of being ready before Kerr, if he wasn\'t even in the shower yet.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 07:35:20 PM »
He laughed out loud at her comment - and did think it was a more superior attitude than he\'d have believed her to claim, but it wasn\'t offensive to him.  It made sense, for they weren\'t anywhere near mainstream London yet, just a little township on the way, and the way the party had sounded, the locals were certainly putting their all into the festivities.

Dropping the shirt he held momentarily, he disentangled the pants from the suit hanger and laid the vest and jacket down - right before he pulled the vest out after all.  Grabbing the shirt, he then headed for the bathroom and closed the door, showering, soaping and shampooing at speed, before he got out, dried off, applied cologne and deodorant and dressed.

Although his ablutions were speedy, his modelling in the foggy mirror afterward were not, as he debated whether to keep the vest on and leave a few of the top buttons of the shirt open, or toss the vest and present the shirt by itself.  In the end, it took him putting the vest on and taking it off twice before he left it on, rolled the sleeves of the white shirt up and got the stiff collar into just the right position.

He walked out of the bathroom after twenty minutes, to find Jenna completely ready and although he pretended to be miffed when he stopped in his tracks, it was more the way she looked.  He grinned broadly, showing her his fangs and now trying to look cute.  "Shall we?" he asked gregariously and stepped closer to her, holding his elbow out.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 07:24:43 PM »
"We shall," she finished with a curtsey, then took his arm in order to be led to the party.

Once they got there, she had a splendid time spinning tall stories, giving each person she met a different variant on who she and Kerr were, and was delighted when they believed even the more incredulous lies, mostly because they were sloshed out of their brains.  When an argument started between a couple of the men, however, she found Kerr and asked him to lead her back to their room.  She\'d had a few cocktails herself, and being a lightweight meant she wasn\'t terribly steady on her feet, though she was conscious of her surroundings and exactly how unsteady she was.  The tall heels weren\'t helping much either.

"I\'m sorry," she apologised for the fifth time as she leant against Kerr while he fished out the room key.  With a broad smile on her lips, she didn\'t look very sorry, even though she was.  They\'d spent a mere two hours at the party, but it sounded like it was breaking up.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 08:51:18 PM »
He looked down at her and chuckled, getting the door open and more or less carrying her into the room as he supported her less-than-stellar walking ability.  After a brief juggle with holding her up and getting the door closed, Kerr dropped the room key negligently on a chair as they passed by it, heading straight for the bed, where he gently helped her sit.

"Nothing to be sorry for," he told her belatedly, crouching down at her feet in order to help her remove her shoes.  "I like you dependent and giggly," he added with a wink and straightened up to place her shoes with the rest of her things.  He started unbuttoning his shirt as he returned to stand before her, giving her an over-the-top look of speculation.  "Think you can get your clothes off by yourself, or would ye\' like some help with that?"

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 08:32:48 AM »
She wiggled her toes once her feet were free of shoes and secretly liked the feel of his cool hands upon her warm flesh.  She watched him move away from her, unbuttoning his shirt, and waited for the material to slip off his shoulders so she could admire what was beneath but it didn\'t happen.  She was still frowning lightly over that when he returned to her and made his remark.

First she smiled, but then the smile saddened.  She was unable to control her expression when she was tipsy, unable to hide how she felt, unable to put on her elegant front, and so she said the first thing that came into her mind.

"Only say that if you mean it," she whispered, and shuffled away from him because she knew he didn\'t.  He\'d rejected her advance and the hurt was still fresh.  She\'d put on a brave face and let it go but her heart hadn\'t.  On one hand she knew she was being juvenile and was horrified at her own behaviour, while on the other she felt courageous and pleased that she\'d said something so openly (well, implied it openly).

Once she had some space between her and himself, she stood up carefully (and easier now she had bare feet), not wanting to lean on him when she was trying to make a point (but the point was slightly lost even on herself).  Goodness, was she trying to pick a fight?  No, it wasn\'t so spiteful, she just didn\'t want him flirting with her if he wouldn\'t see it through.  Her dress zipper was at her side, and she undid it with her profile mostly to Kerr, feeling the dress loosen, and forgetting to hold it up with her other hand.  She reacted too slowly to a garment that slid loosely to the floor, and once again her false courage kicked in while she stood in her black lace bra and panties, pretending Kerr\'s presence didn\'t matter even as she crouched down to pick her dress up and to find herself a hanger for it.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 09:15:05 PM »
She was beautiful when she was stoic.  She was beautiful when she was breathing.  He said nothing, unable to find the right words and unwilling to pierce her indignation with jokes when she deserved so much more.  It didn\'t matter that she was tipsy; it seemed to him that that was the catalyst for her showing her true feelings, in fact.  She moved off to hang up her dress and he watched her for a few moments before he stripped down to his boxers, tossing his clothing to a convenient place but uncaring if it landed accurately or not.

He frowned at the covers as he yanked them down, his mind working furiously to come up with a plan or an explanation... but the only thing he found was the truth.  He decided that that would have to do.  He climbed into the bed, puddling two pillows behind him until she was ready to join him, watching her move about surreptitiously, mostly looking at his fingers playing in the lee of his lap.

When Jenna approached the bed, he slid down onto his back, dropping one of the pillows onto the floor and turning off the lamp on his bedside table before he curled onto his side to face her.  The urge to embrace her while he spoke was strong, but he didn\'t want to confuse her by overloading her senses or giving mixed signals.  It seemed he was doing enough of that as it was.

"I don\'t mean to hurt you, you know.  And I do mean everything I say; I think you\'re gorgeous, sexy, intelligent, awesome... I want to be with you very much, in every sense of the word, it\'s just... damnit, I know it\'s stupid, but the truth is that I\'m scared.  I\'m so scared that I\'m not going to be what you\'re looking for, that I\'m not going to be... right. My last relationship... was a trainwreck.  A disaster.  The thing is, it was the best thing that\'s ever happened to me, at the start; I\'d never been in love, not like that.  When I was mortal, I believed I was in love with a woman - the woman who gave birth to my children while she was married to another man, as it happened - but then, four hundred years later, there was Ben, and I actually knew what losing my heart felt like.  And my soul, in the end.  I don\'t have a very strong record with romance," he divulged, saddened by admitting these flaws to her and doing his best to sound jovial by giving a little laugh (that just sounded sad, even to his own ears).

He licked his lips, uncertain if he should continue or if she\'d have something to say.  If she didn\'t speak quickly, he\'d add his final comment.  "I\'ve been quite lost since he left but you... you\'re like a light, showing me the way to being happy again.  I trust you, I already care about you... I can see myself falling in love with you but, naturally, I worry that that won\'t be enough, that I\'ll go through all that joy only to find the pain again, in the end.  It terrifies me.  As much as I want you and I think I\'m ready to try again... I\'m not certain yet, so I don\'t want to dick you around in the meantime."

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2009, 10:57:32 PM »
In the walk in wardrobe and out of his sight, she changed out of her underwear and slipped on a camisole that reached the top of her thighs.  It was a golden yellow with white lace trim and when she\'d packed it she\'d imagined that she would be sharing a bed with Kerr when she wore it.  There was no sense letting her fantasy down in that sense, though she had no doubt it would be let down in another, for he hadn\'t corrected her or come after her, like she\'d hoped.

She\'d let her hair down and brushed her fingers through it to loosen it before re-entering the room, her bra and panties on the floor of the walk-in, and taking ladylike care when climbing under the covers in order to remain concealed (though there was no excuse for not having any underwear on beneath her camisole, was there?).  When he shifted to face her, she almost believed he would reach out for her, but when he didn\'t and began to talk instead, she listened.

He said so much to her that she couldn\'t contain it into one emotional response.  It sobered her up, she thought, because there was no confusion, no dizziness as she lay down after he said those words.  She was quiet enough for him to continue his speech

confession?

until the end, and then there was silence in the room.  It was so quiet that she could hear the near-silent hiss of the fan pumping warm air into their room, keeping it at a comfortable temperature even though there was a chill outside.  Other than that, she could hear the walls shift and creak as she thought about the appropriate response to his inappropriate words.

Dicking me around?  In the dark her eyebrows had lifted at this phrasing, and the first thing that had come to mind was something dirty.  Her mind had moved past that, thankfully, but now she had his failed history of love to contend with.

"Nobody enters a relationship with confidence," she said finally, slowly.  The emotion that was most prominent was anger, peculiarly.  She was angry at him for being so stupid.  "Nobody gets it right.  It\'s about discovery, and allowing yourself to be happy and brave enough to want to find out what comes next.  Everybody\'s scared to be with someone new, but it should be exciting, too.  Trainwreck or not, if Ben had your heart, it was worth it at the time, wasn\'t it?  I had men in my life who failed me too, and I failed them.  There are so few people I connect with that... it makes you special, to me.  I care about you enough to offer myself physically.  I didn\'t need you to make a commitment to me."

Her eyes adjusted to the darkness as she spoke to him, and she could feel herself becoming aroused at the thought of having sex with him.  It was easy enough to imagine at the end of her speech that he would reach for her, touch her, make her sigh and moan like she\'d thought would happen during this trip, and her legs shifted closer together, as if to hide her desire, like he could see it.  Or smell it.  Was she like this because alcohol had removed her inhibitions?  No, she\'d already told him he could have her and he\'d chosen not to take her up on it.  This response of hers was like a second attempt at him, and she should\'ve been embarrassed by it, but she didn\'t care.  That was what the alcohol was doing for her, removing her fear at another rejection, which she expected almost as much as his touch on her skin.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 06:06:02 AM »
Her reasoning, like her, was well measured, insightful... and wonderful.  He realised that her truth was also his; she was one of the few people he really connected with and it made her special, made him leap to conclusions and contemplate very serious ramifications, rather than just focussing on the fun and how wonderful they could be together.

He was sacrificing the potential of another wondrous relationship experience in favour of his fear of hurt.  It just seemed stupid, now she put it like that.

Of course, the fact that she was beautiful and laying beside him in a comfortable bed, covered by skimpy clothing (he assumed underwear) that he wanted to tear off her so he could kiss her all over might also have swayed his thinking on the matter.  He had a bad habit of worrying everything to death - it had been like that with Ben - and so maybe he shouldn\'t be doing that now; at that moment, he would happily throw caution aside, for indulging his desire for her was so much simpler.  And right, according to her.

He slid closer to her in the bed, reaching for her hands to hold in his as he did, using her topmost one to roll her onto her back so that he could lay his torso atop hers and pin her hands lightly to the pillow either side of her head.  He spoke as he went, saying: "So... what you\'re saying to me, in essence... "  And then, leaning down so that their lips were but a breath apart, he finished his dragged-out statement, looking into her eyes and wearing a sheepish little smile.  "Is that I\'m overthinking this?"

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 06:51:32 AM »
"Yes," she breathed, her eyes wide and hopeful as she looked up at him, her heart racing beneath her breast.  Now that he\'d positioned himself over her, she knew he wasn\'t going to reject her again, which had her happy, excited and fearful - something she always felt just before taking a new lover.  There was trust with Kerr though, as there was trust with the few before him, and that lessened her fear and made the other two emotions more prominent.

He was close enough to kiss if she just moved her head a little, and he\'d stopped where he was on purpose, waiting for her to kiss him.  Instead of delaying it any further, a very short moment after her breath of affirmation, she tipped her head to meet her lips to his own, beginning their kiss gently and ready to follow his lead when he wished it.  Her hands reached up without conscious thought, only the desire to run her fingers through his hair as they kissed and to press her palm to the hardness of his back was prominent.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2009, 06:01:35 PM »
When she pressed against his hold, he released her hands in favour of wrapping his arms about her middle, rolling back so that he wasn\'t crushing the life out of her and taking more of her weight onto him so that his lower arm wasn\'t pressing uncomfortably against her rib cage.

She was incredibly soft.  He\'d taken numerous lovers since Jack was killed, but his fledgling was still the primary physical imprint he had to go on - spending so much time in bed with Ash and Carly hadn\'t impacted his soul so much as his body, but somehow, with a kiss, Jenna did.  She smelled of alcohol and mortal body odours mixed with soap and perfume and hair products but above all that was the heady scent that was the fire demon in her; it was her scent alone and it seared him with lust, his boxer shorts almost instantly too tight to keep on.

He wasn\'t shy with the kiss, he wanted to taste her too much.  His tongue quested its way inside her mouth and he drank her up voraciously, his head swimming with the sensory overload of having such an innately hot-blooded creature writhing in his arms.  He broke the kiss when he decided she probably needed air, but his lips continued to press and lick their way along her jaw and down her throat, drawn to her pulse instinctively.

"Have I ever told you," he murmured thickly as he went, leaning up on one elbow to get a better angle at moving over her body, his other hand sliding down her side to her hip and then lower, to cover her silky thigh, "that - to me - you smell like sex in the sunshine?  Just... heat and sweaty, slick bodies and rolling around just getting hotter and hotter?" he described eloquently to her throat (where that artery was taunting a whole other part of him), his lower body beginning to rock wantonly against her.

Very suddenly then, he lifted his head and looked down at her through the darkness, a sly grin upon his face that she likely couldn\'t see all that well.  "I\'ve always had such sinful, inappropriate thoughts with you.  It\'s obscene, the lengths of distraction the smell of your skin can drive me to.  I only tell you this to give you fair warning that this..." he looked down at where their bodies were pressed together, "is something I\'ve been thinking about for quite some time now.  Tell me if I\'m moving too fast, okay?"

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2009, 07:35:36 AM »
He was strong, and had no problem manouvering her in place.  She didn\'t resist him of course, moving with him when he rolled, responding as eagerly to the kiss as it built up as he would allow, finding herself dominated quite heavily with his tongue seeking hers out and not withdrawing for her to chase and follow.  She wondered if his lovemaking would be similar; aggressive, powerful, and it thrilled her to be with someone so different from what she\'d previously known.  Both her past lovers had practically been gentlemen in bed, and even though gentle caution was sweet and nice, she\'d wanted passion more so.  She thought she would get that now, and knew Kerr had centuries of experience which he would likely use to his advantage with her.

She made soft sounds of enjoyment as he moved to her neck next, liking the nibbles and kisses on her skin at a place where she was most sensitive.  As one of his hands moved to her legs and he propped himself up, she wondered if he would be surprised to discover she was bare to him beneath her short nightwear.  Initially the thought of it had made her feel naughty, but now with his touch on her, it made her feel sexy and risky.  As he spoke, she scratched soft long paths along his back and smiled broadly at the description he gave her, pleased that he\'d always thought of her that way for it meant she hadn\'t read his signals incorrectly - he\'d been holding back his desire for her and continued to treat her like a gentleman, which made him all the more appealing.

She responded to his rocking by lifting up her hips towards him in time, mimicking the rhythm she expected they\'d soon share, but then he pulled back to grin down at her (and she couldn\'t see it properly, but she still got a sense of his expression through the darkness enough to know if he was smiling or not), and confessed even more to her, before asking her permission to go as far as she would like and no more.

"Kerr," she began, moving her right hand to the side of his face, pressing her palm gently to his cheek and stroking her thumb against his lips.  "I\'m ready for many things to happen tonight, but if you manage to discover something I\'m uncomfortable with, I\'ll let you know," she promised, while also letting him know he would likely be able to do all he wished.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2009, 02:34:23 AM »
He gazed adoringly at her for a moment and then he pressed forward and kissed her again, his aggression only stoked by her compliance.  Moments later, he began his descent down her body, taking the covers with him and squeezing himself between her legs as his hands detailed her breasts and ribs and waist and hips.  His lips kissed each of her knees before he began working his way back up, pushing her nightgown up now, expecting to find material of some sort covering her beneath it...

Seeing her bare to him gave him pause and he swallowed right before he looked up her body, towards her face.  She was looking down towards him but couldn\'t see him in the darkness.  "I don\'t mind if you want to turn on a light," he told her thickly, for he intended to be down there a while and he was excited by the prospect of her watching him pleasure her.  Besides, a light for her was only squaring up the circumstances; he could see perfectly well.

After that, he put his tongue to much better use than talking and, as it turned out, he didn\'t find anything that made her uncomfortable (beyond, perhaps, the different bits of furniture he insisted on bending her over or placing her on top of).  All night and even into the day.

~*~

When Kerr awoke the next evening, the first emotion that greeted him was guilt.  Overpowering, mind-numbing guilt like he\'d cheated on

Ben

someone and would be caught naked and entwined with Jenna in his bed at any moment.  The feeling was so strong, in fact, that he panicked and snatched blankets up to cover himself then leaned up onto his elbow with a start, to stare around the room.  Realising how stupid he was being, he then relaxed and flopped back down onto the bed, his sleep-fuddled mind clearing and telling him that he was imagining things, that yes, he was in Europe with someone he\'d begun allowing himself to care about (a lot), but no, it was not with Ben.  Stupid.

Kerr hugged Jenna close response, and kissed her shoulder, her neck, her cheek, nuzzling her awake.  "Wake up, sleepyhead," he murmured, "London awaits!"  they would continue their journey to the capital tonight and then onto Ireland in a few nights\' time.  The majority of their trip still stretched out before them but Kerr was newly invigorated now... and wondering if he should be cancelling the separate room bookings he had waiting for them in England.  "How do you feel?" he asked, kissing Jenna\'s swollen lips (she had such a delightful pout on her after a night of lovemaking, he decided) and taking his first step towards testing how she felt about what they\'d done the night before and whether she would expect it to continue from here on in.

With dismay, he then remembered that she\'d been a little drunk when they\'d come back to the room the night before.  What if she freaked out and didn\'t remember any of it tonight?!

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2009, 04:07:26 AM »
"Mmhmmm, good," she replied, curling into him as much as she could and pressing herself against him, nuzzling her face into his shoulder and neck after squirming into a more comfortable position.  She felt sore, and extremely satisfied, but she wasn\'t so gauche as to declare this.  Her positive reply was enough, she thought, to let him know she was pleased with last night\'s events.

It wouldn\'t take her long after waking to ask if Kerr wanted to change their bookings for the rest of their stay, so that they would remain in the same bedroom.  Being a little tipsy last night had given her the courage to say what she\'d said to him, and for that she was glad, because she was happy with how things turned out.  Now she had the courage to flirt quite obviously with him, as they\'d finally consummated their attraction to one another.  She didn\'t know how her relationship with Kerr would turn out, considering their striking differences, but there was no point not seeing where it led when there was an obvious mutual attraction and caring.