Author Topic: ALTERNATE: Evil Empire  (Read 18691 times)

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: ALTERNATE: Evil Empire
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 10:09:23 PM »
He got shyer, which disappointed Ben for he\'d hoped the youth would grow more emboldened.  Still, somewhere in there was the same grinning young man who\'d suggested they take care of one another with their hands or their mouths.  Quite a forward proposal from someone who was with a stranger, and a Lord, no less.

"I didn\'t want your apology," Ben continued in the same, gentle tone.  He was speaking to Kerr as he would to a wild horse, just before it was to be broken in.  "It will be up to you, how much wine you wish to consume when you finish work on the property.  Whether you choose to drink a little, or a lot, or none at all, is your decision."

Ben wasn\'t talking about wine, and he hoped Kerr got that.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2011, 10:21:40 PM »
Having his young mind consumed by lustful and embarrassed thoughts all at the same time was extremely difficult for Kerr to bear, so when he heard mention of the job he\'d come here to discuss, he took it at face value and leapt upon the chance to change the subject.

"My da doesn\'t want me to take your job.  My ma does.  I\'m undecided," he confessed, his deep brown eyes openly troubled as he managed to swallow down his pride and look up into the lord\'s eyes.  They were stunning to look at and he felt he could fall into them but knew that he had to get things straight about the work.

And what other, possible favours he\'d be obliged to perform in his role (but the basics needed to come first).

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2011, 10:42:13 PM »
Ben regarded Kerr as he explained himself.  So one parent was in favour while the other not.  Ben could\'ve predicted this.  Most of the time mothers wanted their sons to improve on their lives while fathers wanted to pass down something meaningful.  Rather than take sides, Ben thought it would be best to talk it through.  It sounded like he wasn\'t that undecided - not if he was here in person.  If he truly didn\'t want to come, he would\'ve sent his own letter, or arrived and given his answer without imposing on his host for dinner.

"What thoughts sway you, then?" Ben asked, sitting back in his seat and watching Kerr with a small smile toying around the corners of his mouth.  "The good and the bad, let me hear it all."

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2011, 10:50:46 PM »
Kerr had had enough time to mull over these points that he was able to be quite bold and succinct with his answer, without too much prevarication.

"Well... I think I would like working here.  I\'m excited by the idea of being in charge, of fixing up your lands.  But... " here he stumbled again, his blush increasing in intensity once more, "I\'m not entirely sure what expectations you have... uh... of me," he hinted, looking up through his thick lashes once more.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2011, 10:55:14 PM »
"I have great expectations," Ben said, deliberately misinterpreting Kerr\'s statement because his metaphors earlier hadn\'t been addressed.  "I\'m certain you will do a grand job on the property and please me no end.  I imagine you have an expert eye over such things, seeing as you studied your whole life for such a thing," Ben said winningly.

If Kerr asked him outright, then he would answer.  A part of him wished to lightly scan the youth\'s mind, to see what response would be best, and if Kerr would like for Ben to continue their sexual play.  It didn\'t matter either way; Ben was determined to play it safe at first, and push the boundaries later.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2011, 11:08:48 PM »
"And... uh, in the... uh well... I still owe you a favour," Kerr hinted at last somewhat wishing the fancy chair he sat in would swallow him up but also excited to finally say something outright. He wouldn\'t renege on the deal he\'d made - especially since he rather wanted an excuse to be close to the lord again. He needed to be nudged in the right direction, though and his eyes were large and wary as he watched Ben for his response.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2011, 11:24:24 PM »
Ben breathed a soft snort of indulgence at Kerr\'s words.

"If you want to repay a favour, Kerr, it can be done whether you work for me or not," Ben said, not wanting the lad to feel forced into the position for things would not go smoothly and as much as Ben wanted a little drama, he didn\'t want to cause a crisis in Kerr\'s life.  He found himself enchanted with the young man, and as much fun as it was having him in his presence and muddling through conversation with him, he also didn\'t want to stunt his confidence.  He wanted to encourage it.  "I don\'t expect you on your knees before me every night, if that\'s what you\'re thinking," he said quite blatently.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2011, 10:54:39 AM »
Kerr could only blink at the lord, processing that statement.  Overall, he was relieved, for it had been part of his concern.  A tiny part was also disappointed, for the thought of being intimate with the man again set him afire (and what man wouldn\'t wish for a repeat of the best sexual experience they\'d ever had?), but he knew such a relationship would be wrong on every level.  It was for the best that he was given a choice in the matter.

"Well.  I, uh, certainly owe you at least once," he blushed, clearing his throat a little before he continued, "but I was a little concerned that it might... change our working relationship," he admitted shyly, giving the lord a sweet and relieved smile.  "If we can keep it separate then... I guess I can work for you," he said simply.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2011, 11:57:43 AM »
Ben lifted his eyebrows as he listened to Kerr\'s declaration that he was owed, a tiny smile flitting about his mouth and amusement in his eyes.  Oh, he liked the fact Kerr felt indebted to him, and he would take his payment somewhere along the way, but right now was out of the question.  Before the night\'s end was possible, but it depended on how things went.

When Kerr settled on his acceptance, Ben clapped his hands together a single time while declaring: "Excellent!  I\'ll send one of the staff to collect your things while I show you to your rooms."  He stood up, giving Kerr an encouraging smile.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2011, 12:14:08 PM »
Kerr looked alarmed even as he stood, mirroring Ben\'s action.  "Uh, I\'d rather you didn\'t.  If we could look at the room and then I\'ll go home and pack for myself?" he suggested hastily, needing to face his father when he told him the news that he\'d accepted this job offer after all.

"I\'ll come back in the morning.  I mean, I can\'t exacly do much work on the fields or acquiring animals at night so... it wouldn\'t matter too much if I started in the daylight, would it?  Sir?" he added hastily, figuring he\'d tack on the tem of respect since Ben was no longer just a lord he\'d got drunk and fooled around with, but was his boss and therefore worthy of the correct title.

His hands fretted at his coat lapels as he awaited the answer he wished for.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2011, 01:19:10 PM »
"Of course," Ben acquiesced, nodding lightly.  "Take the day as needed, but I haven\'t prepared things quite yet for your immediate start.  I\'d planned on your getting a little more familiar with the estate and its grounds, and to discuss with me what potential there is," he said reasonably.

"Given my schedule, you would have to wait until nighttime before we could speak further, but this frees you up for your move.  I do, however, insist on sending a coach at lunchtime?" he said enquiringly, "for your use.  This will give you enough time to broach the subject with your father, and to say your farewells.  You will still see them occasionally, and it might be prudent to mention this if there is... uh, more emotion that you were expecting," he advised.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2011, 01:32:05 PM »
Kerr smiled - more cockily than he had thus far, for this was something about which he felt confident.  "I\'ve driven by this place every weekend since I was a babe, on my way to church," he told his employer knowingly.  "I know your lands well enough - though no need to send a coach tomorrow, I\'ll ride my own horse back and have another good look over it all.  It\'s been a few years since I rode the place.  There was tell the last owner was not the type I would\'ve wanted to cross by trespassing on his land," he joked, sliding his hands into his pockets and strolling towards the door, expecting Ben would lead the way to his quarters as they talked.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2011, 02:15:22 PM »
Ben was silent for a moment as they travelled through some rooms in order to reach the staircase that would take them up to Kerr\'s quarters, which were very close to Ben\'s own rooms.

"When someone insists upon doing you a favor, it is generally good manners not to decline," Ben explained, knowing it wasn\'t Kerr\'s fault that he hadn\'t been taught higher etiquette.  "I\'m glad you know the estate so well," he continued, "but I still wish to discuss my vision with you."

He offered Kerr a smile, hoping that the lad wouldn\'t melt under Ben\'s criticisms.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2011, 02:30:01 PM »
"Oh!  Of course!  I\'m sorry!" Kerr hastened to say, stopping and looking apologetically at his lord.  "I just... I don\'t want to trouble you, that\'s all - and I\'ll need my horse here, for work, assuming you don\'t have any animals yet?" he asked humbly.

He certainly wasn\'t devastated to be told he\'d answered unacceptably, but he did wish to make amends.  "I\'m, uh, keen to do exactly what you want with the land," he insisted quietly.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2011, 02:58:12 PM »
Ben shook his head slightly, to answer that he had no animals yet, but then he  nodded at Kerr, to indicate he\'d heard the rest.  "I\'m glad," he said shortly, then opened the door to a magnificent room, decorated mostly in powder blue with white rails in the form of rectangular panels.  The ceiling was very high, and the only furniture that could be seen was a large lounge suite and small dining area.  Chandeliers hung from the ceiling, and beautiful ornate (and expensive) lamps stood around the room, to light it with a flickering ambience.  A large bedroom on the right was the same size as this magnificent room, while on the left was an expansive bathroom dressed in white marble, a fireplace in all three rooms kept the temperature moderate and comfortable.

"This will be your accommodation," Ben said from the doorway, while Kerr looked at it all.