Author Topic: Alternate: Risky Ventures  (Read 16912 times)

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Alternate: Risky Ventures
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2011, 04:38:59 PM »
“I assume you have all of those things at your apartment?” Will asked, raising an eyebrow. Ok, so perhaps he hadn’t sounded as enthusiastic as he could have done, but it was more the idea of taking the marine back to his home rather than him going to the human’s. He could just about handle that.

“After all, food isn’t exactly flowing from my cupboards.” Seeing as he rarely took anyone there, human or vampire, there seemed little point in having snacks there to suit every taste.

“And there are a wonderful variety of hotels in this city with all of those things - if you’re bored of your apartment. You could let me spoil you  there seeing as I’m not going to do it at mine,” he added, shifting up the bed a little so that his head was more in line with Mitch’s and he leant forwards to give the human a playful nip on the ear, pressing a hand against his warm chest, hoping to distract him from this little detour.

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2011, 06:08:45 PM »
Mitch gave a little, amused snort as he watched Liam through a slow blink.  "I never see the place, hard to get bored with it," he stated bluntly, seeing the talk of hotels and spoiling more as a ruse to stop him talking about getting together again than a genuine discussion about Liam\'s desire to be romantic or efficient.  Mitch had been around that block numerous times and he recognised fast talk when he heard it.

Thing was, he wasn\'t looking for hearts and flowers or lies to appease him; it was a simple offer and he wasn\'t going to fluff it up to look more appealing or beg for it to be considered.  He\'d made his play, it wasn\'t his ball to return.  He wasn\'t going to quibble over the rules of the match now.

The nip to the ear was a surprise and it roused him enough to get moving; he inhaled and let the air out of his lungs in a rush as he pushed against the hand on his chest and sat up.  He swivelled slightly to look down at the vampire beside him, a sultry smile on his face.  Once his message was delivered, he intended to go into the small washroom attached to the bedroom and clean up, expecting he\'d dress and walk away from Liam without any hard feelings, no matter how it all worked out.

"Look, if you\'re interested I live at the Cookie Cutter Flats, number seventeen.  If not, tonight was great.  Thanks."

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2011, 07:40:57 AM »
Liam was honestly quite surprised that Mitch seemed to be so against going to a hotel. Most of the humans he met loved a night in gorgeous surroundings, with whatever they wanted on call and a vampire who wanted a feed and a fuck paying for all of it. He’d expected that after so long with no luxury being on duty the marine would have leapt at the chance to experience something he never could otherwise.

But Mitch seemed set of having the vampire come around his apartment (since it was obvious he wasn’t going to be allowed at Will’s) and will found it a bit strange. He didn’t mind going around there - as long as Mitch’s blood stayed as clean and fresh as it was tonight, he just didn’t get why that would  be the human’s place of choice? Why would he tell a complete stranger, someone who could easily come and kill him with little effort, where he lived?

“You don’t think I’ll show up,” Will said with a slow smile before Mitch could disappear. “If I do, are you going to have gone out to find some other blood sucker? I don’t want to be disappointed left on your doorstep, hungry,” he added, lifting his hands to rest behind his head, elbows out to either side.

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2011, 11:43:52 AM »
Mitch paused to listen to Liam\'s words and gave a snort instead of answering as  he walked into the washroom.  Once he\'d cleaned up, he walked out and stood at the edge of the bed before he began gathering his clothes, hands on hips as he surveyed the fine figure before him.

He\'d had enough time to think about how to respond (since he\'d been so surprised initially that the vampire was making comments along the lines of retreating, followed up by \'let\'s make it definite\' advancing ones!) while getting cleaned up, and did so with a wry smirk.

"I\'ll need... what?  A few days to recover from tonight?  A week?  I\'ll give you a week.  I\'ll stick strictly to mortals until then.  After that, though, you may well be disappointed, yeah.  Sorry."