Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Anger turned Outward  (Read 15214 times)

DeathsAngel

Re: Anger turned Outward
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 08:54:24 AM »
Serrian knew she had left an opening, she hadn\'t had a choice, but she had already excepted her death, Her smirk had returned, though it wasn\'t arrogant, hiding this calm sensation she had forcing down this small amount of fear in her mind. She wouldn\'t be surprised if he saw through it, but she wouldn\'t allow him to see her fear or acceptance no matter if she was dying or not.

It took several minute for the girl to realize exactly what happened next. She wondered once, for a brief second, if she was dead, but quickly counted it out. But November wasn\'t going to kill her, which in itself was practically unbelievable, and, frankly, impossible. Except it was possible, because he wasn\'t. She noticed right then that there was someone else there, talking to the boy.

The first thing Serry noticed about him was that he had the same ears and tale as November, but a different shade of color. The second was that he was able to make the anger leave the younger male more quickly than she would have thought possible. Brothers? She wondered idly, but didn\'t ponder on it. She hoped that she would be able to sneak away before he took notice of her. She had no intentions of fighting him, the stupidity of her anger had left her now, and the best thing to do was...

"Now then... just what were you thinking?"

She stopped dead before she had even been able to move a muscle. Out of one death trap into another... Probably even worse death trap. She found herself thinking, though it was as if hearing someone else speak in her head.

She gulped a little, to try and control her face. The sheer shock of not being killed was enough to throw everything out of proportion, and this... What did the boy call him, December? What was up with him and that stare. "Would you believe me if I said I wasn\'t?" She asked, she was able to control her voice, but the uncertainty was easily heard. She felt drawn to that stare, he really was very attractive. Which in of itself was what caused her nervousness, Serrian never found anyone attractive... Much less Masters.
She just hoped he\'d let it be and let her go soon.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 09:32:17 AM »
((Sorry for just kind of steam-rollering through that, but I didn\'t want to kill her off and this was the only way I could think not too. Hope you didn\'t mind))

December considered this girl impassively, gently stroking November\'s hair as he did. His younger brother had moved to lean on his side, purring with pleasure in seeing him again. Sweet, December thought as he glanced down at his sibling, his inner tone approaching something like affection. November, eyes half-closed and face pressed into December\'s side, seemed oblivious.

"It is, in fact," December began, slowly bringing his eyes up from his brother, "the only thing I would believe." When he finished speaking, his eyes were on the girl again, and so was the full force of his gaze. She had sounded uncertain, but December was well used to that. His kind were more than uncommon out here, and December never made any effort to disguise himself or dull the ambient power of his eyes. That she\'s unsettled shows she has any sense at all, the master thought coldly, his tail flicking back and forth and he considered what to do with her.

December was sure she was an emotional idiot already. November, heated though he might be, could control his emotion well enough to keep him out of trouble, but not this girl - and she had injured November. December knew, for beyond the sight of it he could smell the faint tang of his brother\'s blood. Clearly, this girl had gotten the worse end of the stick, but December found himself smoldering at the thought of her injuring his brother. Not that such a thing was unusual.

"You\'ll be punished, of course," December stated after a moment, his eyes flicking over her from head to toe. In that gaze, he seemed to pick her apart - as though each little personal detail of her was pulled apart, analysed, then tucked away into the master\'s mind for future reference and, perhaps, exploitation.

November, for his part, just looked at the girl as impassively as he would a chair. Now that his anger was gone, he couldn\'t bring himself to care much about her, as much as the small wound on his arm would remind him of her insolence. Carelessly, November stroked the still-bleeding cut. No... no, he wouldn\'t forget her, but right now, he wouldn\'t fret over it.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 03:32:27 AM »
((OOC: It\'s cool, if you hadn\'t brought somebody in to save her sorry butt I would have, lol))

Serrian watched with slight disgust at the brothers\' obvious affection for each other, she had never approved of showing affection, especially in front of others. But she kept her mouth shut, for she had indeed learned how to keep her mouth shut over this ordeal, if nothing else.

She was prepared for the unsettling glaze as he looked back at her. Still, she had to bite her tongue to keep from the slight tremble, an unnoticeable action. One thing she was certain of, she liked this... Master less than she liked his brother, his unnerving eyes made it all the worse. But, then again, there was few things in life she did like.

Anger flared through her at his next line. I\'ll be punished? I nearly get killed, and I\'ll be punished? Yes, I was acting the idiot, but don\'t you think that a near-death experience should be enough? No, I\'ll be punished. I bet he won\'t be punished, if only because his brother is a Master. But she didn\'t voice anything, in either emotion or in words, instead, she stayed impassive. But, her subdued arrogance returned, and that was visible.

"Yes, sir." She said quietly after a moment, making sure none of her uncertainty, anger or any other emotion showed in her voice. She felt hatred, not truly for November, but more towards his brother, but there was nothing she could do about him now. Even if she was in perfect condition, she would be able to do nothing to him, except annoy him like a fly might annoy the spider.

When Serrian had first been accepted to the Academy she had made a list of people she would "get back" at, but slowly that became unimportant until it didn\'t exist anymore, but she felt the same feeling she had felt back then arise again. One day, not day, not the decade, maybe not even this century, but one day... Still, that day was not today, and today she had to deal with the problems at hand.

The problems at hand, were in fact, not at hand, but all over. She noticed this as the pain started to set in, but instead of feeling alive, as she occasionally did when in pain, she felt weary and wanted nothing more than to lay down and sleep for days, if not years. She debated asking if she could leave, but decided it would be safer is she just waited until he allowed her to leave. No since making to death invitations in less than one hour.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 04:22:00 AM »
December watched the girl impassively, noting the carefully concealed flickers of hatred, anger and... perhaps uncertainty? that flicked across the backs of her eyes. None of it bothered him much, and it was nothing he wasn\'t used to. The only hatreds he considered threats were those that came from other Masters, or occasionally from apprentices. All the others didn\'t concern the cait sidhe in the slightest. By the time they were good enough to pose any kind of threat, he would be back in the unseelie courts and anyone foolhardy enough to come after him there was destined for a quick end.

November watched her a little less impassively, but he wasn\'t yet schooled enough in the arts of reading people to discern the different emotions. No... to November, she was just hiding something, but the only reason he suspected it was anger was because he\'d seen her beforehand. And seeing that anger directed towards December was raising the hairs on the back of his neck. His tail was slowly poofing up as well, though it stopped when his brother tightened his fingers in his hair.

"I\'m glad we have an understanding. You\'ll be serving November in your evenings for the next.... oh, two weeks," December proclaimed softly, his eyes still trained on the younger girl. November looked up at his brother sharply, then glared at the 7th level as though it were somehow her fault - or his punishment. "Perhaps that will teach you to think about your actions," the master continued, either oblivious to or ignoring his sibling\'s reaction.

December\'s eyes flicked to both of them, once each, before he smiled. It was almost terrifying. "I don\'t recommend trying to dodge this - either of you," the black-haired man added. Apparently he hadn\'t been oblivious to November\'s feelings on the subject. November, knowing his brother was right, just sighed. At least I\'ll have a personal servant, he thought, though he was still somewhat glum. "Now. What\'s your name, girl? And please... do not insult me by lying," December asked, though it was more of a demand. He wanted to know her name just in case she did try to dodge out of her punishment.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2008, 05:09:20 AM »
Serrian wasn\'t sure whether if it was his completely uncaring gaze or the fact that his unsettling stare seemed to be natural to him that angered her the most, or perhaps it was a mixture of both. All the girl truly knew was that she hated it, but even that hated wasn\'t as strong as the weariness threatening to creep up to her. To keep it at bay, she allowed her hate to practically swallow it, though she made sure to not allow it show... At least, not openly.

She noticed November\'s glare in her direction and how December forced him to calm down with some amusement. It was small and petty to get amusement out of angering someone else, and watching him being controlled by his brother, but it gave her a satifacation... A small, petty satisfaction, but satisfaction nonetheless. She felt an insult form in her mouth, but kept quiet rather than say it. She had just escaped death and didn\'t need to blunder into again.

Her satisfaction disappeared instantly into utter horror as December continued on to her punishment. She blinked once in shock, but other than that, her face remained controlled, though now there was more horror concealed than hatred, but that, too, was still growing. A fleeting thought of suicide came, but she shoved it away immediately, it would only show her as weak, and that was one thing Serrian could not have.

She turned to look at November\'s glare, forcing herself to keep her face calm, though she felt the same blame towards him. Serve this... This... Boy demon! Was all she could manage as a thought. Then how am I supposed to serve him? I have practices and studies in the evenings. But she knew this was a minor detail that December, being a Master, could overcome. He would fill her in all the details, too, like when and where. He\'s right about one thing. She silently commented idly. I\'m certainly not going to speak before I think now! Why couldn\'t he just have killed me? Death was something Serry was willing to accept, this was... humiliating!

But December\'s question made her look back up at him sharply, she considered staying quiet, then realized that that wasn\'t really an option. "Serrian Trel\'Essels." She replied, her pride in herself showed a little as she did, but not so much in her name but simply in herself. Personally she wished she knew her full elven name, but she had never learned it. It didn\'t really matter, for after she graduated she would most probably make a new one. One that connected with neither parent.

She debated responding to the Master\'s comment about her lying, but again, knew it would be wiser to stay silent, though she obviously took extreme offense to his statement. Serrian, being extremely arrogant, believed it was beneath her to lie, and would never do so, not even to someone she hated as much as the two brothers.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 10:16:26 AM »
The one thing November took comfort in was the look of horror on the girl\'s face. That really did cheer him quite a bit. In fact, the more he thought about it, the better it seemed. She\'ll be mine for the next two weeks... And she\'ll have to do anything I tell her to, the white-haired boy thought, his mind already coming up with tasks for her. December\'s hand moved lightly on his head in the barest hint of a scratch, making November wonder yet again whether his brother was psychic and hiding it from him.

December listened carefully to the girl when she spoke her name, his face impassive. Pitch-dark ears caught the subtle inflections of pride as she spoke, and the master smiled. "Proud, aren\'t you... or arrogant," he said, his lips rising into another one of those bone-chilling smiles. November felt a proprietary pride for his brother in that moment, as he had a feeling he knew what was coming.

"Perhaps this will help you learn humility... Or at least to hide such foolish pride around your betters. I expect you to practice that when you report to November after your classes every evening. You\'ll be attending him until you are dismissed or until two candlemarks after the midnight call. Keeping up with your classes is, of course, your responsibility. I\'m sure you\'ll find a way," December added, examining one of his delicate hands as he did. After a moment spent in concentration, his eyes flicked back to the elven girl before him. "Do you have any questions?"

November was feeling wickedly pleased at this outcome, as much as he hadn\'t thought he would. So! Not only a servant, but a servant for a long time! December had even given her to him for the majority of his day, since November, being largely nocturnal by nature, was usually late to bed and late to rise. He said nothing, though - just smiled for the moment. This would be, in its own way, a whole new kind of fun.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 11:33:51 AM »
At December\'s cold smile Serrian felt the need to gulp, but forced herself not to. But even the bone-chilling smile of his didn\'t dull the anger at his words. She once more debated on commenting, but the fight was starting to make every inch of her body burn, freeze and almost scream in pain. Though, she doubted that December would loose control of his anger like November had, but she didn\'t think it beyond him to at least smack her a little, and a smack from him would probably hurt twice as much as one of his younger brother\'s punches.

Is it wrong to be proud of myself? She asked silently, not daring to say so aloud, for fear one of them might take offense. But the question vanished as he spoke again. Sure I\'ll find a way? She repeated scornfully in her head. It was true, all she had to do was talk with her teachers and tell them, well, most of her situation. But still, sure I\'ll find a way? That ticked her off... Like so many other things.

"What day would you like me to start, sir?" She asked. She used a soft voice but it was not subdued, meek nor humbled even a little. She was quiet mostly from the pain growing in her throat, though she didn\'t remember any attacks getting to her throat. Maybe dirt she swallowed or something. She wished she hadn\'t bothered to ask, she wanted to get to the ward then some sleep. She doubted he would say tonight... Or at least she hoped he wouldn\'t. But knowing the luck she had had this day, he would.

She caught November\'s smile and glared at him in return, allowing her anger to show for only a brief moment. But she quickly reposed herself and turned back to December, not nearly as coolly as he looked at her, but given another few hundred years it could have been, if she lived that long.