Author Topic: The (After) Life of the Party  (Read 18998 times)

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
  • four sins past SAINTHOOD.
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
Re: The (After) Life of the Party
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2012, 03:25:12 PM »
He gave her a very crooked smirk as he typed her information into the phone. Honestly, he never thought that it was going to be that easy. He thought for sure there was going to be a bit more of a struggle and a lot more French-flaunting to get her digits. Perhaps things were looking up after all.

So he tried his luck yet again. "I'm going to hold you to that, don't you worry. Now how about a night out with you? Any chance I can get that from you too? Or should I keep that in text form too?" The younger looked at her with a mockingly blank face, one that was as playful as it was innocent, as if he had just asked her what the weather was like outside.

Offline Harlequin

• Founder
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: The (After) Life of the Party
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2012, 03:54:41 PM »
Was this really something she wanted to get into? It would be needlessly cruel to lead him on like that. But also, possibly, not boring. She shrugged mentally. They'd see how things played out.

"What's the point in having my number if you're just going to ask for a date?" She shook her head, looking down at her lap. "There's a natural progression to these things, chere."

And the giving-of-the-number usually signalled the end of the encounter, if memory served. Now where the fuck was her sire?