Author Topic: Company for the Journey  (Read 20260 times)

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Company for the Journey
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 06:56:46 AM »
“I know, I just haven’t been able to focus on much else,” Russell murmured, running a hand through his hair with a frown. Now he was off the drugs his parents might be willing to help him out, but Russell knew he couldn’t rely on them, he had to do it for himself – especially if no vampire would want him.

Russell shifted nervously in his seat as he watched Pierre texting, wondering what he was thinking about and where this was going and he was caught a little off guard by the next question. How were they going to do it? So… he was going to give him blood? He stayed silent for a few seconds, a smile brightening up his face before he focused on giving an answer, trying to think about how it would be best for Pierre.

“Well, uh, we could go to yours if it’s easiest, or if… if you’d prefer me… not to know where you are we could go to mine,” he said, his voice dropping in volume slightly at the thought of Pierre not wanting him to repeat this again. He dropped his gaze and pulled his wallet out of his pocket to drop a couple of bills on the table, not wanting Pierre to think he couldn't pay for anything. It hadn't been a lack of money why he hadn't been eating, he just hadn't felt hungry or felt the need to eat. There had been something else he wanted.

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
  • four sins past SAINTHOOD.
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
Re: Company for the Journey
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2012, 11:26:05 AM »
Pierre eyed the kid's money and said nothing as he put it on the table. "That would probably be best," Pierre said shortly before taking the cell phone back out of his pocket. For some reason he couldn't help but feel as though this was what every prostitute felt before every customer. The thought struck him oddly, especially because he wasn't really getting anything out of this, besides perhaps blood. The Frenchman looked at the screen that had just lit up as Finny texted him back.

Got ya. You have any more information about this kid?

I will in a few minutes.
Pierre typed back, ignoring anything that Russell had said until he saw that the message had sent. He looked back up at Russell and asked if he was ready to go if no other question had been posed to him.