Author Topic: A Kept Man  (Read 13485 times)

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
A Kept Man
« on: January 28, 2013, 09:37:49 PM »
David rode back to his place at the speed limit, taking a few more streets than he had to, needing a less direct route in order to give him time to get his head together.  He was finding it excruciatingly difficult to get Cain's tears out of his thoughts and to quell the regret that came with thinking of them.  He was still mad at himself for being impatient, for screwing everything up so royally and as much as he knew being with Bill would reassure him, he was also happy wallowing just a little longer in the misery of breaking up with Cain, somehow feeling like he was honouring the brief relationship they'd had by mourning it longer than five minutes and even shedding a tear over it in private.  Cain deserved at least that.

By the time he pulled into his garage and shut off his bike, leaving his gear behind and walking out as the door rumbled down, he wasn't feeling any happier but the urge to sob like a child had passed.  Now, his heart was heavy and he was mentally exhausted, even though the night had barely passed its zenith.  He wasn't sure what he would face when he got inside his home but he was doing his best to get into his head that it would be okay for him to embrace Bill.  He'd made his choice, after all, it was just... difficult to be sure about it all on his own.

He unlocked his front door and stepped in, his gaze immediately going to the couch because he expected Bill would be there, waiting for him.  If so, he would smile wanly, if not he would call out that he was home before he closed the door, locked it and took off his jacket to put it in the entry closet.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
Re: A Kept Man
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 09:05:16 AM »
Bill was, indeed, on the couch, the ottoman tucked in to make it larger. Having been left to his own devices for quite some time, he had decided to spend the time playing video games. David had invited him to do so last time he was here, after all, and now that they were a couple…

He had never been part of a couple before, not really. He wouldn't say that David was his first boyfriend, no, but he was certainly one of a very select group. He was definitely the first vampire Bill had found himself dating, and though it had scarcely been a few hours, he was already changing his view on things.

Unfortunately, it wasn't the important things that he was changing his view on, but instead the very minor things of his past. Well, he believed them to be quite minor, at least. The first and foremost was the irony that as much as he had detested George, hated him even, since his brother's disappearance…this was the first time that he had ever entertained the thought that perhaps Thomas had wanted to leave. It was a scary thought for him and one that Bill could barely stand to entertain. That his brother would willingly leave him, and for a bloodsucking fiend at that.

Not that he thought that every vampire was a bloodsucking fiend, of course; David wasn't the only exception. It was just…Bill could almost understand his brother's thinking now. They had always been close, despite the awkwardness their relationship had begun to take the last few years, as Thomas became more and more a father figure to Bill instead of a brother. He had depended on his brother for everything.

It was just that he could almost understand what his brother was going through. Except, of course, that George had lied to his brother about being a vampire for a very, very long time. Years. And when Thomas had learned that vampires were real, Bill could almost see him wanting to become one, if only to be on top again. Thomas liked to be on top; he hated taking shit from anyone, including their dad.

Bill looked up as the door opened, pausing the game as he surmised that it was probably David. He quickly set the controller aside and stood up, padding across the floor to embrace his lover. He received a wane smile from David, which he took to mean that David wasn't in the happiest of moods. Of course, it would test his emotions even if he held no feelings for Cain, simply because this was David, and David was a nice guy. He was safe.

He was rather sure that David wouldn't find that such a great compliment if he had voiced it aloud, so Bill refrained, instead seeking out the vampire's lips. A small, jealous part of him wanted to try to taste Cain on them, though he knew that his senses were far too dull as a human to do so. Unless, of course, Cain had been wearing some kind of chapstick or something, but even then…

"Hey," he greeted, unwilling to let David go.

What did it matter, if he had kissed Cain? As long as they weren't together anymore, it didn't matter at all. And yet Bill knew that he was timidly searching for some kind of verification that they, he and David, were still together. He wanted to be sure that Cain hadn't made David change his mind about wanting to date Bill.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 09:24:03 PM »
David picked Bill up, smoothing his hands over the mortal's ass and along the backs of his thighs, encouraging him to wrap his legs around him as well as his arms.  He buried his face in Bill's nape, breathing him in and taking comfort from his smell.  After a moment of silent contemplation, he walked towards the large couch and perched on the edge of the broad cushion, positioning Bill on his lap.  Again, he held his pose silently for a little while longer and then pulled back so he could look up into Bill's eyes.  He summoned a smile and it was more convincing than his last effort, though still rather tight-lipped.

"It's nice, coming home to you," he offered, though he didn't mean anything particular by it.  It was just something vaguely complimentary and true to say, in lieu of discussing the nasty business he'd just completed.  He was sure Bill wouldn't want to know about that.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 09:13:02 AM »
Bill easily allowed David to pick him up and carry him to the couch in silence, thought he was dying to knowhow it had gone. David wasn’t very much help in determining just what had gone down, though. Bill remained silent, trying to outwait him, though Bill was bursting at the seams with questions. Questions that he knew he probably shouldn’t ask.

Is it over? Was he angry? Did he cry? What’s he like? What did you say to him? You ended it, right?

He had more than that, even, though he was terrified to voice them, as much as he was terrified of the answers. What if Cain had gotten angry and threatened Bill and called him a home-wrecker and a skank and all sorts of names? Had David defended him, or simply stood there until he was finished? Worse yet, what if he had cried and David had comforted him in a more-than-platonic way? Bill knew he didn’t really want to know, if that was the situation. David had certainly been gone long enough, though Bill wasn’t sure how far away Cain lived and couldn’t account for traveling time.

Bill smiled in return when David finally looked up at him, his stomach fluttering at the words. He didn’t know what that meant, or how to feel. He knew that he wanted to be here, living with David. He suspected that it might be more bearable than living with his alcoholic father. David seemed cleaner, at the least, not to mention the other benefits of living with a lover. David had already made the offer, but Bill was slightly afraid that, as before, he would try to take it back. He would probably say that it was much too soon, Bill reasoned, though David had just commented his approval of coming home to Bill.

“Yeah,” Bill agreed, deciding that he distinctly didn’t like the feeling in his stomach. He felt awkward, knowing that he had selfishly kept David from someone who probably really wanted to be with him. Bill had been upset at the time, shocked and hurt at the betrayal. He hadn’t thought of the other male, or else he might not have made David choose. That made him a bad person, Bill surmised. It made him a bad person, to want to deprive another of David’s company. It wasn’t that Bill was a particularly jealous person—indeed, David might have been able to date the two of them successfully, neither being the wiser. Instead, he had been honest, and Bill had turned on him.

“I’m sorry,” he blurted out, surprising himself at his vehemence. “I shouldn’t have made you choose.”

David clearly wasn’t in a great mood, Bill could immediately tell, and he could only blame himself for that. David had been willing to date him, too, he knew, yet he wanted to be the only one. No, not even that…he just couldn’t come to terms with David wanting to date him, yet deciding to be with another in only a few days. Why couldn’t he just let it lie?

Bill carefully studied David’s collarbone, unwilling to look at him in the eyes. Thomas had always gotten after him for being too emotional. He was an emotional person, though, which was why he always needed time to think things through. What he felt at first was quite often not how he felt after, one of the main reasons he had taken the time to think about dating David. Now, though…what had he done? He had no right to David, no claim. He didn’t even know for a fact that he had been in David’s life first, only that he had been asked first. David surely didn’t seem like the type to want to be in a relationship with someone the first night he picked them up off the street, after all.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 10:11:19 PM »
"Well... yes, you should have," David frowned, reaching up to cup Bill's cheek and jaw, gripping it gently so that he could be certain the mortal would look down into his golden eyes.  "It was the right thing to do; the fair thing.  Why are you sorry?"  He was perplexed by why Bill would have a change of heart, after being so certain at the boardwalk... the thought sent an icicle of fear into his chest.

"You... haven't changed your mind, have you?"  He was pleased to realise that his fear over this notion wasn't anything to do with Cain or the messy situation or being let off the guilt hook, it was much simpler than that; he wanted Bill in his life, was only just beginning to open himself up to it and he didn't want to lose him now.  He cared about him far too much.  If Bill left him now, he'd be distraught.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 10:38:33 PM »
Bill’s hand moved from David’s shoulder to his chest, not pressing but instead resting there. He wasn’t pushing away; he was clinging to David from in front and behind, his hand curled easily in the vampire’s shirt.

“Of course not,” he answered, as if David should know him better than that. It never occurred to him that the vampire was doubting him because of how his mind had changed about Cain.

“I just don’t see how it’s very fair to you or…Cain.” He hesitated, trying the name out. “I didn’t even give you a chance to find out who you liked better, and I was just punishing you for being honest…I wouldn’t have minded if I had thought about it, really.”

Bill dared to peek at David’s eyes before his own when back to examining the older man’s shoulder. The guilt was clawing its way up his stomach, waylaid only from David’s strong tone. When David spoke, Bill listened, typically speaking; if David didn’t seem upset by it, then Bill would put his fears to rest. It was only the exhausted mood David had come in with that had set off Bill’s realization that he had been in the wrong.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 10:44:30 PM »
David blinked, his expression startled, bordering on alarmed.  "You wouldn't have minded... what?" he asked cautiously.  He wasn't going to fall into the trap he'd apparently jumped into with Cain; he was going to wait for specifics on exactly what Bill 'wouldn't have minded', before he commented.  Even the fact that he wanted to reassure Bill that he had chosen who he liked better (marginally) was momentarily on hold until he found out what sort of opportunities he'd set himself up for missing out on!

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 11:12:03 PM »
He hesitated again, wondering if he were in trouble. Bill wanted nothing more than for David to push all his fears away and tell him that he was wanted, that he had the right to want David for himself. Now, though, he was scared of rejection, or at the least David’s disapproval.

“Being the other one,” Bill mumbled, his head bowing slightly as he focused on where his hand was gripping the front of David’s shirt. He meant, of course, being dated second to Cain, or at least dating David at the same time Cain was. He thought that he should probably explain himself, though, and hope that David didn’t get too upset with him.

“I just was so surprised and shocked and hurt that you couldn’t even wait a few days to jump into someone else’s arms…I didn’t even think about your feelings or that maybe you liked him just as much and maybe he likes you just as much and I’m just getting in the way,” his words tumbled out, crashing into one another.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 06:16:40 PM »
David examined Bill's face in wonder, a myriad of responses flying through his mind and making it very difficult to respond quickly.  From Bill's manner, he could surmise that the regret he was sensing wasn't anything to do with the situation now but rather how it had been handled.  Apparently, he wanted to take on some of David's guilt, though it would serve no real purpose.

The fact that he felt so guilty that he'd consider relenting and being one of the men David dated, rather than the man was so odd, David couldn't fathom what to do with it.  Surely Bill couldn't be serious?  Surely he was just saying that now because he felt safe; David had chosen him, so he had the luxury of appearing generous in hindsight, knowing he'd won this peculiar popularity contest?

"Is that what you want?" the vampire asked incredulously, believing Bill would hastily reassure him that it wasn't, once he was challenged.  The devil's advocate in him even had something a little extra to add to shock Bill into retracting his statement.  "Perhaps I should get you two together to hammer out the time share details?" he challenged, his tone bordering scornful and teasing.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 09:17:19 PM »
"No!" Bill's eyes flew up to David's in shock. He couldn't believe that David would want him and Cain to even see each other--that was the point of dating them separately, after all; as long as Bill didn't have to see or hear about Cain, he could deal with David dating him. The thought of actually meeting the man was terrifying, especially when he didn't know how many threats he had made towards Bill when David broke up with him.

"I mean…" he started again, trying to choose his words. "I want to be your only one, just…I should have taken your feelings into account, too. He was first, technically…I shouldn't have made you pick if you didn't want to."

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 10:46:01 PM »
David gave a soft snort through his nose and smiled as he reached up and gripped Bill's face in both of his hands.  He kissed him briefly and pulled back still wearing his indulgent smile.

"Sweetheart... as much as I care about you, you haven't made me do anything I didn't want to do.  It was my choice to ask you if you wanted to get serious, my panic when you didn't immediately jump on the offer, my mess to undo when I got myself caught in the middle.  You had no such obligation to worry about anyone else's feelings and hearing you say you wanted to be with me made me the happiest guy around.  I know... I know I'm not showing it overly much and I'm sorry about that because, well, he was very upset and I felt awful, but I am excited to be with you," he told the mortal sincerely, looking up at him through his lashes.  "You're the one I want."

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 12:27:23 AM »
Bill smiled then, having heard exactly what he needed to hear. He moved his hand to tangle in David’s hair before planting another kiss on him, then one firm and needy. It wasn’t just the endearment that had helped settle his mind—though he was elated that David had used it. It was the affirmation that David wanted him and no one else.

“I want you, too,” he confessed, his eyes expressive. “I wouldn’t…I wouldn’t even dream of dating a vampire that wasn’t you.”

Did that make sense? He wasn’t sure. He was hoping that David would take that as the compliment it was and not focus on Bill’s exact views on vampires. The boy was fairly confused on his own feelings when it came to that subject, after all; he had disliked vampires for so long based on what they had done to his brother that it was hard to simply let it go. It was harder still than swallowing the possibility that Thomas may have wanted to leave and be with George; and that was a very hard possibility to swallow, indeed.

“About moving in…” he began, before stopping. He wasn’t sure what his answer was, though he had been thinking about it. Everything in him went yes, but  there was the small, dutiful son part that told him he couldn’t leave his father…despite the fact that he knew it was in his best interest.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 07:08:06 AM »
David looked slightly perplexed at Bill's 'a vampire that wasn't you' remark but he didn't say anything about it.  He thought that perhaps the mortal was trying to make him feel better about his relationship with Emil, which was sweet of him.  He raised his eyebrows at the final, leading statement, waiting for some sort of declaration to come next but none came, so he prompted for it.

"It can be on your terms or not at all, whatever you're comfortable with.  You can stay at your place, with your dad, if you want to.  I get that he's not exactly... aware and he needs some looking after.  I'd also like to help you out with that, though, if I can," he offered, thinking that Bill might need some help checking his dad hadn't burned the apartment down, or getting some food into the house or just keeping it clean, "especially if you have college and work.  Though you don't really need to work, if you don't want to."

He was extremely hesitant about adding that last bit; Bill would likely not accept his offer to live off another vampire's funds, especially since he didn't know him.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 11:43:34 AM »
Bill blinked as David cut in, saving him from speaking for a moment. His brow furrowed slightly and Bill tilted his head, listening to his lover. He wasn't sure exactly how David intended to 'help out' unless it meant stopping by to check on his father, and Bill truly preferred to keep the two apart as much as possible. He didn't want David's pity, though he most certainly deserved it.

"I don't go to college anyway," he explained, frustrated at the situation. "I have to work…We can't afford the rent without it."

The young man paused, realizing that he had used 'we' to mean his father and him. That had to change, if he wanted to be with David…and he most definitely did.

"I just…" he faltered, hating to admit that his home life was so rough that he couldn't depend on his own father to pay the rent. Three bedrooms were far too much for two people, let alone one, but it hardly occurred to Bill that his father could live well enough on his own in a slummy one bedroom without him. Of course, it hadn't occurred to him at all that David was offering financial help, either--or if it had, he had quickly dismissed the notion. He didn't deserve David's money, and he certainly didn't want to be a mooch.

"I want to be here," he reiterated, looking up at David. "It's just that I have to work and even if I just went back and forth…I can't drive and I can't afford a cab all the time."

And he couldn't very well walk to work from here, either…it was a bit far, anyway, and he had always taken a cab when he had to leave for work from David's apartment. It was simply too far removed from the two places he needed to be the most. And yet…he couldn't take care of his father forever, could he? He wanted to be here.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 06:35:15 PM »
"You can't drive because you don't have a licence and you don't have that because you've never had access to a car or a bike.  Here, you have both.  I can teach you and you can get two licences, if you want!" David argued slyly.  "And you don't have to work, not if you don't want to.  I can buy all your shopping and everything you need; my sire's worth millions and you don't eat much," he grinned, slipping his fingers beneath the hem of Bill's jacket and then wiggling his way beneath his shirt in order to caress his bare lower back with his fingertips.  "Unless you think we'd get sick of seeing each other that much?" he enquired, pouting quite obviously at his boyfriend.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 09:21:17 PM »
Bill wanted to kiss David rather badly, but as they were having a conversation that typically didn't lead to sex, he gave him a shy smile instead. He had forgotten that David lived off of his sire, and while he was quite open to David providing for him, he knew that David couldn't help with his father's rent--or if he could, Bill wouldn't allow him to. Living off of his boyfriend was one thing…having his boyfriend support his bum father in turn was a bit much.

"I want to," he expressed, leaning in to drag his lips across David's briefly. "But…my dad needs me. I'm not letting you take care of him, too…I'm enough of a handful."

He shifted on David's lap, turning around to press his back against David's chest. He rearranged David's arms to hold him as he looked up at the vampire with a small smile.

"Even if I can't live here, though…you know I'll stick around as much as I can. I don't…I don't think Dad'll even notice, honestly." It was a troubling thought, but Bill had a suspicion that it might be true. "And I really don't think I could get sick of seeing you."

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 12:00:26 AM »
"Mmm, let's hope not," David murmured, nuzzling his lips against Bill's jaw and lowering his hands from being wrapped around the mortal's middle to sneaking his right hand under the hemline of his shirt at the front, smoothing his fingers lazily back and forth across Bill's taut stomach.  He was beginning to feel much better about being with Bill, things were getting back to normal as the mortal squirmed in his arms and he loved it - except for this ridiculous discussion, anyway.  There was nothing to love about it.

"Look, I don't know why you're making everything so complicated.  Just stay here; we'll go check on your dad regularly - every night, if you want - fill his fridge with food he might eat and pay his rent when it's due.  We need time to be together and learn to be a couple and I don't need your dad in the relationship as well - for your peace of mind and undivided attention, paying his rent and buying him food is the least I would do!  C'mon... you'd be doing our budding relationship a favour," he persuaded hopefully.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 12:16:57 AM »
The problem, Bill thought to himself, was that his job was too far to comfortably walk from David's place. He would have to take a taxi or bus there, especially since he typically worked during the day. With David's hopeful expression, however, Bill couldn't possibly say no. So instead he smiled gently and kissed the vampire again. David wanted him here, and Bill wanted to be here. Why was David making it that easy? It wasn't as if Bill couldn't find another job, after all.

"Okay," he acquiesced, wriggling a little in his position on David's lap. "We can try it out." And he could start looking for a new job tomorrow. One that was much closer to David's apartment--their apartment, soon enough--and one that hopefully wasn't in a gas station. He would love to work in a coffee shop or an art gallery, though he suspected that he would have a hard time getting such a job. It seemed to him that working at a gas station--one of the lowest positions around--tainted his resume. He had been in a panic then with the money running out and his brother's disappearance. He hadn't had the luxury of attempting to find a better one.

"I hadn't planned on you ever meeting him, really," he admitted. "I'm sorry."

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 11:09:22 AM »
"Why are you sorry?" David scoffed, noting Bill's wriggling and deciding to put an end to it by getting them both into a more comfortable position.  As he spoke, he leaned down and got his boots off, then wriggled back onto the expansive bedlike couch, laying along it on his back and pulling Bill on top of him.  His hands very naturally found their way to Bill's tight little ass and beneath his shirt in the small of his back again.

"I told you you didn't have anything to worry about.  I get it: your dad's an alcoholic, but he's still your dad.  I liked seeing the photos around the house of you and your brother, seeing you in him.  I know it must be hard for you to watch him drink his life away but it's made you a stronger person because you've been looking after him, making sure everything didn't slide right into the shithole.  I'm here to back you up now and it helps to know what we're dealing with.  What's he going to be like when we go over there and start moving the stuff you want to keep with you out?  Is he going to freak out or not really care?"

David was aware that the man hadn't been exactly aware of what was happening in his life or in Bill's, and maybe that was because of the alcohol or maybe because of Bill tiptoeing around the issues, to keep the peace.  There was no way the latter would be maintained if they were up front about Bill moving out and his Dad got upset.  Maybe they should do it when his father was unlikely to notice; that would have to be Bill's call.  "What's his name, anyway?  And what's your last name?" David added spontaneously, remembering how he hadn't known how to address the guy.  Was it wrong that he wanted someone to move in with him when he didn't even know their surname?

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 12:47:20 PM »
He opened his mouth to answer, only to be shifted around on the couch. He certainly didn't mind the change in position, though, as he laid on top of David. It gave him time to rethink his silly answer, at least. 

Bill had been about to say that they could move his things out while his father was at work. That typically was during the day, though. Unfortunate, Bill thought as he wondered how to get his father out of the house. For all that Bill most certainly loved his father, he wasn't sure what his father's reaction to him moving out would be. He wasn't sure his father would care, really.

"I don't know," he admitted, resting his head on David's shoulder. Their legs twined together limberly as he spoke. "I just didn't want you to meet him. It's embarrassing, you know? He's supposed to look after me, but he obviously can't. And it's just been him and me for the past year and he hasn't even noticed…or if he has, he just denies it."

His fingers curled in David's hair as he took a deep breath, trying to relax. It was a touchy subject, one that he normally avoided at all costs. Now that they were in an actual relationship, however, he felt that he owed an explanation to his lover.

"It's been this way almost since our mother died. Dad never really got over it." Bill looked at David, leaning a tad to give him a kiss. "It's John…and my last name is King. William King, if you want my whole name. I go by Bill, though…obviously." He wrinkled his nose at the thought of his longer name.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 01:04:01 PM »
"King," David repeated, to get it into his memory.  "Mine's Stevens, David Christopher Stevens, though my sire has this thing about other names.  He finds them frivolous and just about insulting; he's Darius and people should know him as that.  Of course, there were a lot less people in the world when he was born," David laughed, his hands roving comfortingly all over Bill's back and occasionally brushing his face as they settled against one another.  "I really like the name William.  And William King?  Well, that's just regal from start to finish," he grinned at the ceiling, his body relaxed beneath Bill's.

"But, hey.  I know what it's like to live with a parent suffering after losing a partner; your dad hit the bottle, my mother hit the road and started picketing and protesting anything that even looked like it had something to do with Vietnam.  The amount of times I nearly got sent into foster care because she got arrested and charged with assaulting police or army officials or basically anything in a uniform coming her way... well, I lost count of how many times that happened.  She was so angry.  You wait 'til you meet her, you'll think yourself lucky with your father.  She comes and stays with me at least once a year and once she finds out I have you here, I'm betting a visit will not be far off," he chuckled, giving Bill a squeeze and a kiss on top of his head.

Really, he loved his mother, even if they hadn't always seen eye to eye.  He was just trying to make Bill feel better.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 04:14:53 PM »
"How old is your sire?" Bill asked, stroking fingers down David's jaw. He was reminded that David's sire took care of him, then, that David didn't actually have a job. It was rather nice, he supposed, but he didn't know what he would do if he didn't have to work. He'd probably go to college, but that was only to get a better job in the further, anyway. He couldn't imagine just…not working. His sire must be very rich, Bill thought.

"I don't think that works for humans…there's a bit too many of us," he continued after listening to David. "So…your mom was a hippie?"

It was so strange to think of David as a child of a hippie, as it certainly made him at least his father's age. Of course, math wasn't his strong suit, and he knew that David could be even older, in all truth. That made him rather young for a vampire though, didn't it?

Bill became a bit worried about meeting someone as obviously as fierce as David's mother, even if she was aging. It wasn't only because of the fact that she was his lover's parent, however, but also because seeing her might remind David that Bill was aging, too, and all too soon, he would look just like her while David stayed the same. Bill had his best years ahead of him, of course, but he couldn't help trying to see into his future.

"Is she nice?" he couldn't help but ask. "I mean…do you think she'll like me?"

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 09:22:19 PM »
"My sire's two thousand years old - give or take," David answered, thinking he'd already told Bill this and realising it must have been Cain.  It wouldn't do to get the two confused.

"And yes, my mother is still a hippie, at seventy-five, roving around the place with her drumming group, praying at weird shrines and decorating everything with om symbols.  She's very nice and she'll love you," he grinned up at Bill, his eyes twinkling.  "Basically, anything I'm into, she's into and she's been at me for years now to find someone special so that she knows I can, before she dies.  I'm immortal, yet she worries I won't be happy," he snorted, rolling his eyes.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2013, 02:06:05 AM »
"Two thousand…" Bill echoed, attempting to wrap his mind around that. He would never want to live that long, he thought to himself. It would be amazing, of course, but not being able to see the sun for two thousand years…he certainly didn't think he could do it.

"That's a long time," he commented, wrapping his fingers around a lock of David's hair. "Your mother sounds…fun."

Fun…interesting…she certainly seemed like an interesting person. He assumed that she knew about David's condition, considering he hadn't really aged in quite a few years. He wished he had a mother like that--or a grandmother, whichever; but his grandparents had died long ago, as had his mother, and except for an uncle across the country, his dad was his only family.

"What am I supposed to call her?" he blurted out, wondering how long 'not far off' was when it came to his mother's visit. Would she come at night, or just sneak in while David was sleeping and wait for him to wake up?

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2013, 11:07:58 PM »
"Mmm, he's very old.  But very sexy," David teased, grinning pointedly at Bill.  "He only looks eighteen.  And you're supposed to call her Katy, because that's her name," he laughed, cupping his lover's face in his hands.

"Are you feeling a bit freaked out?  There's no need to worry, my darling, she won't be turning up tomorrow night or anything!  She lives across the country.  The only thing you need to think about is where you'll be comfortable sleeping and if you want to move in here or not.  Let's sort the here and now before we get tangled in the maybes of the future!"

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 12:03:39 PM »
"I think I'd be a little freaked out to be sleeping with someone that old," Bill deadpanned. Of course, he didn't know that David had slept with his sire--and flat out refused to think about it, frankly--but he could only assume since David used the word 'sexy' that he had at least thought about it.

"But freaked out about meeting her? No…I just really hope she likes me. She sounds fun." He brushed his lips against David's then, smiling softly.

"Oh…well your bed, obviously." He flushed a little, looking down. "I mean…I want to wake up beside you every day. I do. I'm just…what if I have to go to work early? I don't want to risk a draft opening the curtain by accident. So…maybe on the days I don't work, I could sleep with you, but on the days I do, I could sleep in the other room or on the couch?"

He glanced up at David coyly. He couldn't describe how excited he felt about actually moving in with someone. He would be so much less lonely than he was at home, he thought. He was still a bit unclear on how it would work out, exactly, with Bill needing to take care of his father as well as work from afar. He knew that he should get a job closer here, of course, but he wasn't sure what kind of job he would be able to get. He certainly wanted to go back to school, but even if he got a job, he doubted that he would have enough money to go back.

Bill was done thinking about so many difficult things tonight, though. He was here, in David's arms, and they were a couple. He didn't think he could be happier right now unless his brother walked in. Of course, then he'd have to leave David's arms to greet him, so he wouldn't be too much happier if Tom walked in.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 07:05:33 PM »
David laughed at Bill's quip about sleeping with someone as old as Darius but he didn't comment further.  There were enough men in their relationship as it was, there didn't need to be the memory of another.

His expression grew serious as Bill talked about sleeping away from him, though.  "Definitely not," he said firmly.  "The curtain's just an extra extra safety measure, there's a very miniscule chance that anything like that will happen, and the apartment's pretty light tight even if it does.  I just like to be careful and I was only picky about it those other times because I didn't know you all that well then.  I do now and I trust you.  I want you beside me as often as possible.  Always," he said softly, looking deeply into Bill's soulful eyes.

The urge to speak of love rose but he bit it back, wanting to wait.  It wasn't that he didn't feel it, it was more that he also still felt the same stirrings for Cain and it would be wrong to say such things to Bill when there was still another in his heart.  Besides, it was too soon and he'd made the mistake of saying it before his parter was ready before, too.  He didn't want to make things awkward, not when they were feeling so wonderful.

Instead, he pressed his lips against Bill's, rolling over so that he was on top of the mortal and set about making everything feel even better.