Author Topic: A visitor comes a calling.  (Read 26419 times)

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: A visitor comes a calling.
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2019, 09:06:56 AM »
Shae took a steadying breath as Sam talked, from what Sam was saying she gathered vampires stuck to their own as for the power struggle, well maybe she and hopefully Kiel could slide under the radar for now She so wasn’t ready to fight a war.

Well hopefully the shifters are fine” Hopefully they won’t be asking her for help as she hadn’t been involved in that circle since her parents were murdered and yet she couldn’t help but feel a twinge of worry for her kind, maybe she should stick her beak in and see how things were going for them …damn it.
“And hopefully Kiel will find something to distract him from any power vacuums.” She said with a sigh and another sip of wine. “ So, away from politics, what do you do? you know … I mean, do you work? Are you allowed to or are you provided for by like your clan or something?”
Shae settled down emotionally and mentally as she refocused on Sam and it would be interesting to know how much freedom she was allowed or to see if she was kept indebted to others.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2019, 09:55:14 AM »
Sam could see the concern in Shae's eyes for her own kind. The shifters, which were safe. Amusement turned to tenderness. Shae was trying to steady her breath, as brave as an effort as she put she was still overwhelmed. Sam gave her a comforting look, not everyone was use to vampires and Shae was one. Sam needed to go a different approach to settle Shae's nerves.

"Kiel needs to a challenge to keep him busy," giving Shae a wink. Sam kept the Dark Angel at bay. The two were a pair one could rarely be found without the other.

Sam patted Shae's arm in comfort, "I do work I have just as much freedom as a human. Besides the drinking blood and no sun. And I do work I have a new job teaching at a academy." It felt good to say that out loud.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2019, 03:34:26 PM »
“Pffft” Shae snorted with startled amusement “ Kiel needs to stay the fuck out of everyone else’s business” she said a little heatedly before slapping her hand over her mouth in shock, after a mere moment she started to laugh a little and dropped her hand. “What am I saying? Kiel thinks everyone’s business is his business, the bloody Pidgeon.” She smiled as once again she found her equilibrium, enjoy today, enjoy the now. Tomorrow will look after itself was the mantra she repeated to herself as her breathing returned to normal

In her opinion Kiel was an adrenalin, chaos junky, always looking for his next fix, always looking for a way to change what he was, to be other than what he was, to be more, it had always been that way with him even way back when she first met him and he was naught but a crazed, vengeance seeking fallen angel and she couldn’t help but feel responsible for what he was now. After all she was the one who gave him the information, he needed to summon the Goddess of Chaos.  She loved him, she did and respected him but he could also be exhausting, which is why being an immortal was fabulous as it allowed them to take a break from each other but also allowed them to know they were always there for each other too.

“Wait?” she said as she raised her hand. “Did you say you’re teaching? I thought Kiel mentioned you were a waitress?”

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2019, 04:30:00 PM »
It was nice to see the old Shae back, more composed and calm. Sam did not mean to put Shae on the edge. But she did not want to keep Shae in the dark either. And Shae let off a good bit of information, Kiel thought everyone's business was his did he? That was useful and Sam could use that to her advantage.

"I was a bar manager," she corrected Shae. "But no longer due the Oligarchy falling I was fired due to political reasons." A hard blow for Sam at the time.

"Now I teach others who do not have a Sire or those who wish to grow. It's only recent it happened." Thankful to Ben for opportunity as she was young. But she had the knowledge and the drive thanks to Jake.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2019, 04:58:58 PM »
" Oh, so you teach at a vampire academy?"  she asked with a little surprise. " I didn't know there was such a thing, I thought...well I simply thought you all learnt from who ever turned you" Shae said as she continued to watch Sam prepare their dinner. The vampire certainly knew her way around the kitchen better then she did and because she kept feeling like she was interrogating Sam she decided to give the vampire a chance to ask a few questions of her own, if she was so inclined.

" I am sorry Sam, it feels like I am grilling you, how about you ask me some questions, or tell me more about your grandmother and your family if you want" she offered with a smile. " I barely remember my Seanmháthair as she died when i was very young" she said with a hint of sorrow in her voice.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2019, 05:28:54 PM »
"Normally yes we do learn our abilities from our Sire. But some vampires have been abandoned or wish to test themselves against others." Now grabbing a strainer for the potatoes. Lifting the huge pot with ease, then once they were strained back into the pot to keep warm.

When Shae asked about more of her family and she felt a pang of sorrow. Best to tell Shae now. Sam did not want to darken the mood earlier when Shae shared she lost her parents. Even if Shae did give her another option to ask her a question, she felt it was best to share.

"My Mom, Dad and little sister were killed by a drunk driver when I was eighteen." Her tone emotionless as she talked to Shae.

"I don't speak to much to my mortal family anymore. Except for a few cousins and my grandfather. The family unfortunately drifted apart." More like none of them put in an effort after the accident.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2019, 11:07:19 PM »
Shae carefully placed her glass back onto the bench as Sam spoke of the loss of her family, she understood the young vampire’s sorrow and even though Sam spoke of it with an even, calm voice, Shae felt and understood that kind of loneliness.

“It is hard to lose those we love when we and they are still so young” she said carefully as she didn’t want to come across as patronizing nor overly motherly. They were just two women sharing a tale if similar loss and sorrow. “and I understand about the remaining relatives drifting apart. The say loss can bring a family together, I think it drives away more oft then not. I had no other family when my parents died, so both of us have that in common too. It is lonely, growing up alone, yet we both survived it, the loneliness and the sorrow, and here we are today with you cooking for me and I sitting here getting slightly tipsy."she smiled whimsically and with a little bafflement as she looked at yet another empty glass.

“How old do you think I am” she asked with a sudden randomness as she slid the empty glass a little away from her.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2019, 06:23:11 AM »
Shae was right it had been so lonely for a long time. Jake and Sam had fought all the time until recently. And she began to realise maybe it's because she had been alone for so long. In all honesty, she did not even know how to live with someone. Not even willing to give Jake a chance.

Sam felt she was giving her independence away. To a man she did not know. Rather than seeing it as an opportunity to grow. To learn something she would never have learned as a mortal. And to have a chance at a family again. No matter the situation leading up to her embrace. Shae's words and tipsy smile, along with the common ground they now shared. Made her feel at ease, for a moment.

"This sounds like a trick question," her lips turning into a coy smile. "To be honest you not a normal shifter." Her display of telekinetic abilities when she arrived gave her away.

"Now just to take a guess. After what I have seen of your abilities. I would say you are much older than the mortal average." That was about as close as a guess Sam would make. Without looking like a fool or bull shitting a guess.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2019, 10:40:54 PM »
Arching an eyebrow, she sat back into the breakfast stool, a look of amusement on her face. “Not a normal Shifter? How am I not normal? What is considered normal for my kind?” she asked, her tone sharp but with interest and curiosity rather then anger or derision.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2019, 05:23:39 PM »
"Well for one," she started. Grabbing the ingredients needed for the dough. A coy smile on her lips.

"You can use telekinesis to open doors. No shifter I know can do that and your not a vampire shifter hybrid. I would have smelled it when I met you the first time." Showing Shae her detection skills. Sam had been alert and aware this entire time.

"So no mortal shifter could have your abilities. Being different is good I like different." A comforting smile danced on her lips

"Which begs the question how did you acquire your abilities. If you do not mind me asking?" Adding the dry ingredients carefully and slowly.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2019, 06:55:23 PM »
Shae watched as Sam started working on the dough and digested what the young vampire said.

“Through vengeance and knowing the right people” she said distractedly in answer to Sam’s question. She wasn’t happy about Sam’s idea on what shifters could or couldn’t do; she was right, but it wasn’t always so. “You know, shifters were once more then just humans who could take animals for. Once we were clans unto ourselves, we were druids and shamans. We were the village cunning man and women, we were healers and people of knowledge.”

She sighed softly and shook her head. “Ah well, times change for everyone I guess” then with a flick and wave of her pointer finger and index finger she moved her empty wine glass from the counter to the sink, being careful so as not to have the glass collide with Sam and her cooking. “Or maybe not” she smiled with wicked amusement before re-answering Sam’s question.

“I hunted down and killed the sorcerer who murdered my parents then sold his soul to a necromancer in exchange for a little extra oomph and pizzazz to my natural abilities”

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2019, 01:47:36 PM »
"I did not know shifters had clans." Hearing the sharp change in Shae's tone. It was clear to Sam needed to learn more about shifters of the past. The question not sitting too well with Shae.

Sam couldn't help but turn, watching the glass glide through the air. A world of druid and shaman shifters? Ones with access to knowledge and cunning. Wondering what sort of history Shae held. Sam's own question answered.

Looking at Shae with a wave of awe, "A necromancer?" More of a rhetorical question. However, Shae let it slip that her parents were murdered. Shae had only mentioned the inherited the mansion when they died. Let alone a sorcerer murdering her parents.

"I am sorry," that was enough talk of death. Hands full of flour while she kneaded the dough and idea came floating in her head and she looked at Shae with curious eyes.

"Shae since you can use telekinesis. You want to try and knead this dough using your ability?" Telekinesis was an interesting skill and Sam wanted to see more of it. So why not try and combine cooking with it.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2019, 10:28:03 PM »
"We don't, well not anymore and I was referring to ancient history"Shae said with a small shrug

At Sams suggestion Shae raised an eyebrow as she looked at her then down at the dough she was kneading then back to her. It was an interesting request and would probably need more skill then just lifting and moving an object, which was mostly or Shae did with it.

"That sounds...interesting" she said with an amused smile playing across her lips. "Sure, I will give it a shot"

She looked at the dough and started making rolling and pushing motions with the first two fingers on both hands. The dough started moving but instead of getting kneaded it looked like someone was trying to turn it into a pizza base.

"Ummm" she narrowed her eyes and focused intently on the misshapen mixture and made a gesture with her hands only to have the flour on the board explode into a small cloud around them when Saraekiel walked into the kitchen

Kiel leaned against the kitchen door frame with an amused grin and raised eyebrow as the cloud of flour just exploded everywhere. Dressed all in black as he was he decided to wait for the flour storm to settle down before entering fully and he was curious to see how long it would take for the two women to notice him.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2019, 02:45:41 PM »
Sam watched in awe as the dough moved. Shae's telekinesis imprinted the dough making it into a flat looking pizza dough. It made Sam smile, telekinesis is harder with cooking.

If Shae could combine and master the skill, she be above the rest in Sam's eyes. Watching Shae intently as she concentrated even harder,  a swift flick with her hand deliver surprised results.

POOF! Flour everywhere. It took every bone in Sam's body not to laugh. Shae did such a wonderful job, Sam did not want to discourage her. Waving her hands to clear the cloud.

"Shae you did awesome! You just need practice," calling out gleefully. Sam then felt a presence, she knew this aura. A shadow silhouette in the flour cloud.

"Hi Kiel. How are you today?" Asking in a chipper voice. Wondering how long he had been watching the two in silence.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2019, 12:04:17 PM »
Shae jumped slightly at Sams words and turning in her chair she looked at the silhouette in the door way. “Hello Pidgeon, I was wondering if you were going to show up this weekend.” Smiling wickedly through the sifting flour cloud she gestures towards Sam. “Look who I found at our front door”

Saraekiel didn’t know whether to be annoyed or amused. He had hoped to come home and have a quiet night. He had some serious thinking and planning to do, namely how to take over Saria Zoheret’s district before someone else did.
Still watching Shae learn to cook using her telekinesis was an amusing distraction and it had been awhile since he had seen the cute, blonde vampire.

“Hello Sam” he said softly from the doorway, a small smile playing over his lips. “It’s been awhile. I’m glad to see you got away from that burning bistro on the boardwalk” He finished, a wicked grin blooming across his mouth.