Author Topic: In Search of Answers  (Read 23377 times)

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: In Search of Answers
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2019, 10:34:53 PM »
Psych sat back with relief. He really didn’t want to hunt down Shae and yet he couldn’t help but feel a twinge of guilt, yes, he didn’t like her and yes, she scared him but she wasn’t exactly twisted or evil just, single minded, persistent, privileged, powerful and liked to collect power. No was not a word she understood or cared about. She also loved the idea of having an imp to serve her.
“Ummm, well yes and no. I have a friend who I think could possibly help but…she is so far in denial about the world around her that she cripples and blinds herself with it.So can she help right now? Probably not but eventually maybe,” he offered hopefully

Naoise sighed with the taste of bitter defeat on his tongue. Every time he found a ray of hope it shattered. Of course this shifter had to be dangerous and by the sound of it cruel and twisted as well. He couldn’t risk Arutha and Kevla, their powers though interesting were not strong enough yet to be able to protect them but still this was the best lead he had in centuries.

*You are right, this person sound too dangerous for us all to meet. However, I could meet them on my own?* he sent to the group at large *Could you ask Psych if it is possible?* as much as he hated the idea of leaving Arutha he felt the danger was more to them then to him. It’s not like this shifter could kill him or even hold him long if they tried to take him prisoner.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2019, 01:19:32 PM »
After the previous person was mentioned, Kevla wasn't certain what else could come out of Psych's mouth at her brother's question. Still when he finally answered she was felt herself grow more baffled than anything else. "Okaay." she said slowly, tilting her head slightly as she looked back at Psych. "Do we know when that might be? I apologize to sound so impatient but it sort of sounds like we are going around in circles here." she said thoughtfully. "May one of us visit her to maybe gently give her the kick in the pants she needs to snap out of it?" she offered as well as asked at the same time.

Her jaw then dropped as she heard Naoise's idea. She hadn't expect this. Still it was a risky move. It was one that if it worked could pay off in the end, but at the same time could end so tragically.

A small frown crossed Arutha's features as he listened to Naoise's idea. He didn't like the idea even in the slightest, but it was the only one that seemed half way plausible to at least more information to free Naoise. So he reluctantly nodded, petting fingers slowing slightly as he gazed back at the other's furry face. *I don't like at all Kit, but for your freedom and a chance to explore this bond between us I'll do anything.* he admitted privately before turning to Psych to ask. "Kit just asked if there was a way for him to meet with your shifter acquaintance alone." he said softly.
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Arutha, Declan, Kevla, Kieran, Mitrius

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2019, 12:23:22 PM »
At Arutha’s request Psych sighed and hung his head in defeat. Guess he was going to have to track her down after all. “I will see if I can find her and we can go from there I suppose. As for Shiobhán … Actually Kevla that might not be a bad idea. I could go find Shae and you three or four” he said as he looked in Kierans direction “could go meet her. She just brought a café in the cities west end. It used to be called the Painted Bean but she has renovated it and now its called Sanctuary Café. Apparently I have a job there too” he offered with a small shrug of his shoulder

Naoise felt a thrill of anticipation at Psychs words and the fact he didn’t have to go and leave Arutha and Kevla as they meet this café owner was a blessing *Arutha can you ask him why he thinks this Shiobhan can help us?*

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2019, 01:05:03 PM »
Arutha slowly nodded at Psych's initial answer about meeting his shifter acquaintance. Psych's expression of dread didn't make him feel any better about the idea in the slightest. Still it wasn't like they had many choices give the circumstances. "Thank you, Psych. Just try your best." he said softly. So he was exceptionally grateful when Kevla came up with this alternate idea.

Kevla's eyes widened at that. She hadn't expected her suggestion to go this far but still the idea seemed to be the best one they had. "That sounds like a plan to me, but what time is it best to pester her? I know that our arrival and request is likely to annoy. So I'd like to get off on a good foot if we can." she asked thoughtfully, tilting her head further at the mention his job,"Just out of curiosity, what do you do there, Psych?"

Arutha nodded once again at Naoise's request, fingers still against his fur. "Kit would like to know why you think Shiobhan can help us? Or more or less how?" he softly requested. This is something that he was curious about himself.

Kieran finally finished his call and returned to the table. "I'm sorry about that. When my publisher calls I kinda have to answer." he softly apologized. "So what did I miss?" he asked curiously.
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2019, 12:28:20 PM »
At Arutha’s question Psych raised his hands and rubbed his face as guilt racked his conscience, Shiobhán was practically his only friend and it had taken her a long time to confide in him, being a witch and having the power and abilities she possessed made her feel so removed from the normalcy she perceived the world to be that she refused to see how truly magical and extraordinary everything truly was. Her disbelief and denial were also the reason he hadn’t revealed what he truly was to her, a fact that seriously bothered him, but he felt she just wasn’t ready to face the truth yet, which was why taking these people to her was a break in trust but he had no choice, not really, they needed help and Shae was a wild card, a tempest, at least with Shiobhán the potential body count should be low although sending this group to her could very well destroy the friendship between them,

He lowered his hands and sighed. “Shiobhán can help you because she is a witch.” He said as he raised his eyes and looked at the group. “She leaks power like a sieve leaks water, she practically radiates with it, yet she is so tightly bound by her denial of the world around her she has blinded and crippled herself, I think” he offered with a shrug of his shoulder. “I don’t know how she can help you or if she even can but at the very least maybe she can sense what kind of mystic energy is used to maintain this curse or help with your abilities and your weird dreams. Maybe. I dunno.”

By the Darkness what was he doing? He was fucking up his life that’s what he was doing and for a bunch of strangers. Shaking his head slightly at his own stupidity he lifted his gaze and looked at Kevla

“I am a barista, I guess, not that I know anything about coffee. I think Shiobhán felt sorry for me and gave me the job. She is still looking for people though” he offered in response to her question “She opens tomorrow, and I start tomorrow night so…. maybe then? I can close the shop or something.” And pack my bags while I’m at it I suppose he thought to himself.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2019, 12:27:30 PM »
Recognizing the guilt in the other's eyes, Kevla's heart went out to Psych. It was an odd thing but the fact was that Psych didn't have to do this for them. In fact so far he had gone out of his way to be honest with them and do his best to help. The guilt that she saw there had to be one based in the betrayal of a friend. There was no mistaking the look on those steel gray eyes or so she thought.

So in the end, she found herself reaching out to try and touch one of his hands. "Thank you." she said sincerely as she looked back at him. "I promise we'll be very gentle and try not to upset her too much when we meet her. Really thank you." she said warmly, her earlier bravado gone,"As for potentially helping out as another barista or period, I wouldn't mind it. It would give me something to do instead of getting into trouble, aka my usual mo. So I might try to apply there."

She wanted to say more but wasn't sure what their companions might say let alone Psych himself.

Arutha's eyes widened as he listened to Psych's words. "Wow, every time I thought that I heard the last of something new and weirdly fantastic in this city I am proven wrong." he said amazedly, glancing back down at Kit to see his reaction. "Thank you." he said brightly, rising an eyebrow at his sister's interesting behavior. Everyday he met a new race or heard of something he never thought possible. It was to be honest awesome even with knowing its dark side. Though before his thoughts drifted too far to dwell back on Micah, he focused more on the present and possibility of a great future.

When Kieran reappeared, he quickly gave him the lowdown on the situation.

Kieran's eyes echoed that of his cousin's as he took in the change of situation in the short time since he had been gone. "Holy shit would be putting things lightly." he said shockedly. "Still if I can be of any help, I will. The same goes for you, Psych. If you need anything. Please let me know." he said honestly. It meant alot for this stranger to have helped his cousins so far even with the potential dangers. And so he felt like he owed the man.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2019, 11:39:52 AM »
Naoise’s back legs collapsed under him in shock, amazement and bewilderment. This guy, this imp had just possibly given him the keys to his freedom. Well at least put him on a path towards it anyway. A witch and a shifter with an ancient lineage. Maybe just maybe there was some real hope after all. *Arutha, if he is going to find this shifter do you want me to come with you to meet this witch?* he sent *Plus if I come there might be less chance of you guys getting trapped or hexed if I am there. I could warn you at least* Druidry wasn’t the same as witchcraft, nor was the working of sorcery but they all had similar methods and one can easily be worked and interwoven into the other. He would know if this witch meant them harm.

Psych took and accepted Kevlas hand within his own, one because he accepted her compassion and he needed a little support but mainly he took it simply because he wanted to hold her hand, to feel her skin against his. He lifted his face and smiled at her with traces of wicked and nefarious thoughts clearly seen in his storm-tossed eyes.

Tearing his eyes away from Kevla he turned and looked at Arutha “Your welcome” he said simple as he slowly stood up and with a slight squeeze of thanks he gently and very reluctantly let go of Kevla’s hand too. “ Well if I am going to go tell Shiobhan that she is about to get a job application and request tomorrow night, then I better go and try to catch her now and then I will see if I can find…that other person” He smiled wryly at the thought of hunting for Shae “ I shall hopefully see you all tomorrow night. Ummm I won’t tell Shiobhan the real reason your coming. I will leave it with you guys. I will be with you though and we can make it a group, supernatural creatures are real intervention, and a help request all at the same time” Grinning wickedly he starts walking towards the exit but stops and turns back to the group as he reaches the first rack of bookshelves.

“Can’t wait to see you again tomorrow night Kevla” he finished with a broad grin and wink before turning and sauntering off.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2019, 01:43:47 PM »
Arutha's lips twitched with gentle amusement as Naoise's back legs fell beneath him, forcing him into a sit. It was cute on one hand and on another he felt exactly the same, happy excitement pulsed in his veins. For they were just that much closer to a future so tantalizingly close. "Yes please I think that would be best, Kit." he said softly. "You are our resident magic expert. My sister, cousin and I are all novices. Though getting you in there might take a little more creativity." he said thoughtfully.

Kevla's face went bright red as her eyes locked with Psych's own. For those stormy eyes held so many wonderfully bad ideas. Damn...if they hadn't already made their current plans, she was sorely tempted to take him up on some of them. Yes it was quick and yes she hardly knew him, but sometimes one had to take a chance and live life.

Arutha's and Kieran's jaws both dropped at the seductive interplay between Kevla and Psych. Where Kieran was shocked Arutha was more wary. Even though Psych was helping them now, Kevla was his sister. He had a certain brotherly privilege to care and protect her. Still he wasn't about to ruin things for Naoise or Kevla. So he'd keep a careful eye on him.

So instead he nodded at his next words and allowed a small smile to cross his features. "Thanks again. We'll see you tomorrow night." he said softly.

Kevla couldn't help but redden again at Psych's farewell. "See you then." she called back with a smile. Damn...now that was one way to say goodbye.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2019, 12:19:14 AM »
Naoise watched the imp leave with mixed feeling, the strange fae had helped them without asking for any money or compensation of any kind ye he still wasn’t sure if he liked him let alone trusted him. As psych stopped and called back to Kevla he was going to hiss and send a snarky comment but stopped at Kevlas response. Who was he to take offense or intervere really? How had he become so entangled with these twins’ lives, how had he allowed them to become so entangled in his. He lifted his head and gazed at Arutha, was it luck or fate that had led him to the little bistro where Arutha and Kevla were eating their lunch that day. It seemed like a lifetime ago and yet it had been what? Months? Weeks? A mere handful of days ago? He couldn’t image his life without them now and maybe, just maybe he would get to live a life with them.

*Arutha* he sent gently to the man beside him. *Let’s go home. This day has turned into an emotional rollercoaster* his mental voice was thick with wry amusement, *Have we even had a normal day since the moment we met? I am suddenly feeling exhausted, let’s go home Mo grá*