Author Topic: A Grand Entrance  (Read 47090 times)

Offline Malkavian Riddler

• Novelist
  • Minstrel Seeking Minstrel
    • View Profile
Re: A Grand Entrance
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2019, 01:55:06 PM »
Digital continued to turn, waving at the guests who weren't sure what this yellow-goggled vampire sans-clothes was doing in their midst. It seemed nobody was going to immediately collect him and take him away. A Malkavian mind was well known for being sizzling to the touch and many vampires feared they would catch his disease. Silly tick-tocks. The man on the moon wouldn't talk to them!

He spied the large man moving closer to the Prince of Darkness, the Warmongerer, the slayer of the feral cult and judge, jury, executioner. Things would go very bad if he collected the city all to himself. Look at the buildings move, the pieces were in play.

"The Queen of Hearts poses as the Rabbit!" he cried, taking a step towards Jake before his gaze slid sideways to the large man, who he shouted out whilst pointing at him, so he would know he was being addressed. Sometimes people didn't know who he was talking to. "Twilight burning, full of wrath. But like the redcoats say it! Do you want some martial arts with your Jin and Tonic?" He swivelled and ran towards Sabrina at full speed, to the sound of aghast cries.
Digital: I drink from the poison chalice
Lan Bao: I reap the harvest of my people
Cain: I am the instrument that vampires play
Shan: I take what is mine and what is yours

Offline Harlequin

• Founder
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2019, 04:02:10 PM »
Sabrina cried as well, but she was far from aghast. Her face shown with the purest childlike delight. If it hadn't been a party before, it was now. And what are parties for, if not crashing spectacularly? She could feel the shock and ire rising in the crowd like heat from asphalt in the sun. If she didn't intervene someone else would, with likely disastrous results.

Luckily, he gave her the first, best shot at doing just that. "If you'll excuse me, gentlemen." Sabrina swept a shallow curtsy and turned half her body, bracing one foot against the stair below. When he hit her, she would catch him by the waist, lifting his whole weight and twirling and laughing like a fool.

"You're my very favorite, Digital." When she set him down, it would be slightly behind her, covering the most offensive  parts of his nakedness with her velvet skirts.

One hand found its way to the nape of his neck, resting there firmly without clamping down. An invitation to stay put, just this side of a command. She turned back to Charon, "My deepest apologies, but it seems my friend was not made aware of the dress code. Could you and Jeanne possibly assist me in correcting this?" A smile continued to light up her face, but her body language was clear: 'correcting this' could mean what they wanted; this was their home and their party, but she would not see this man harmed.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2019, 04:20:58 PM »
Ben locked into Kerr's embrace, relishing it. He turned his head and looked at Ichabod, whose expression was best described as 'anxious'. In the past he would've mocked that fear but now he thought it clever, for they weren't in the best position here. Before he had a chance to say or do anything, a distraction appeared in the form of a naked man. Digital! He'd been looking for him. The crazed vampire had done a vanishing act and now he'd turned up here at this party, buck naked and inviting people to stare at him. Ben wished madly that Digital wouldn't notice Kerr, but he did... and then he moved on. A blessing, that was for sure. He couldn't hide his relief. When Digital addressed Jake, he paid attention to the riddles, half suspecting what some of them meant but generally he was confused. Then Digital was off and running.

Charon had been startled by the Malkavian's appearance but then he instructed his family not to interfere. He was curious how this would play out and who would step up to the task. The vampire raced towards the trio of unlikely members and Sabrina dealt with him quickly and impressively. "Of course," he agreed to Sabrina's request. Jeanne was around by Ari was closer. Perhaps both of them might like to handle the gatecrasher. He summoned his two childer for them to take the strange naked crazed vampire upstairs, where there were many clothes. He wondered if Sabrina would join them, or stay with the golden fellow - who hadn't had a chance to properly converse yet! - and Charon.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2019, 05:54:38 PM »
Murphy hesitated slightly at the invitation to sit down, but shook it off before (he felt) if was noticeable. He was slightly put out that Ben had just abandoned him, and Ben hadn’t exactly given him enough of an explanation about what was going on for him to realise the importance of his friend seeing his sire again.

So Murphy took the opportunity to maybe find out more about the District Leader and took a seat as prompted. Jake’s hand had been cool and Murphy had appreciated the vampire not showing his dominance by squeezing too hard on the handshake like some might have done. He glanced towards the ancient, recognising the pallor and smoothness of his skin for what he was as Seb let the mental block he’d had up fall. They greeted each other politely before Seb turned back to Jake.

Well, at least the youngster had realised he should return the questions, but that one was pretty vague. Seb thought there was a lot interesting about himself which the youngster would be lucky to know, but wasn’t about to point that out.

“Well, that’s a matter of opinion,” Seb said with a grin. “Are you asking about historically, or currently? I think I’ve just about settled back in to modern life after sleeping for a few decades, but again, that might just be what I think, not what those around me do. And I’m not currently all that interested in taking part in politics, but I am thoroughly enjoying watching those around me making their marks.”

He glanced around at the entrance of Digital and gave a laugh at the titles they were granted. He saw no harm in the Malkavian, and hoped the others would see no malice or threat as that would quickly put an end to the entertainment. Fortunately Digital found a protector swiftly and Seb turned his gaze back to Jake, wondering how the Prince would take to his new titles. Murphy meanwhile was itching to whip out his phone to make some notes about the outspoken declarations, but was sensible enough to keep his urges to himself in this company.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2019, 06:28:17 PM »
Jake thought about Seb's question, curious if his past or present would be more engaging. He looked contemplative for a moment, and let silence overtake the group as he thought. He then realized which direction he wanted to go and it was all about connecting back to his own brand.

"I'm sure your history is fascinating," Jake said, with less pomp than might be inferred from the actual words. "However, I'm curious what your currently up to. When did you awaken? Why now?"

He'd asked a few questions to allow Seb to talk a bit. Ping pongs back and forth were sometimes harder to follow than a simple set of explanations. He assumed Sam would be interested. She rarely got this close to a vampire so old, and Murphy seemed content to join them for a moment. Jake felt guilty that he'd brought him over only to not give him proper focus. He turned and gave him another encouraging smile, letting him know he had not been forgotten. Jake undid the button on his jacket and slid it off his shoulders, placing it on the back of his chair. He felt an urge to take off his tie too, finding the whole outfit constricting. His hand would reach to his neck, but would end up resting there instead, holding itself in case he suddenly needed to take it off.

He felt Luke nearing, and hoped this was only one or two steps away from sitting and conversing, but then his thoughts were disrupted by a naked oracle. Jake heard about Digital's sausage. He felt like most people glanced so he could hardly be called rude for staring at the literal naked crazy man who stepped up to insult him with nonsense. Jake knew this wretch's name. It was Digital, and he was a problematic Malkavain. The Black Prince's face didn't crack once. A soft stone held an intrigued look as Alice and Wonderland was thrown in his face.

"Well at least he called me Prince," he joked, shrugging his shoulders and making a quick got ya face.

Clever Fool, Jake thought privaetly, not caring if the other man heard it. His comments about Luke had been far more interesting, and he turned to see how Luke had handled the strange event. If Luke was okay, Jake would return to Seb, Murphy and Sam.

Lisa-Joe had been smoking her cigarette, stealing the occasional annoyed glance at Pierre, Jenlia and Damien. She was mostly staring at Pierre of course, wondering why he hadn't stopped to say hello. Was he upset about a simple knee to the balls? No! There had to be more, and she'd resolved herself to go up to him and knee him again when her instincts told her something was wrong. Then she heard it, and the Keeper turned to see Digital taking a step towards Jake. Like hell he was.

In a flash, a pair of scissors had been pulled from her purse and a slit was cut up the left side of the dress. Then in a blink of an eye the Brujah stood in front of Jake, a fair amount more thigh showing than only a few moments ago. As she looked at it she decided the dress actually looked better with a slide slit, and corrections could be made if only she had a sewing machine. The Brujah said nothing, but to any would be assholes who tried staring at Jake, they got Lisa-Joe instead. Her aura shifted to one of mild aversion and she directed it out towards the crowd, Jake's table being unaffected. The subtle message was, move along, nothing to see here. Jake may have been a little shit, but he was her little shit, and mother did not play. Her cigarette went out when she popped Celerity, and so she let her aura drop and plopped down at Jake's table.

"Anybody got a light. Oh hey Seb. Have we arm wrestled?" She heard Jake audibly sigh.

He was getting closer now. Digital's scent had grown stronger as he approached the spooky manor. Flick felt a lot of energy coming from the place, and a desire to run back to the safety of Meddowcrest Woods presented itself. He fought the urge, taking a gulp through his wolf jowls and moving slowly, closer and closer. He was by a fence now, and used his massive claws to make a hole in it. He felt bad of course, but Digital was missing, and it was a material thing like a fence. Pinky was still on his back, now asleep. Flick moved towards the swimming pool, getting a strong whiff of the hacker's odor. There were so many smells! Death, life, fire, ash, the wyrm, nature, demons, and so much more filled his nostrils all at once. It would take forever to sort out all these odors. Besides, he didn't want to get close to all the vampires and demons. They normally didn't like him too much. He needed to get Digital's attention and so he did what he would do when he would normally want to get noticed.

"AWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO," he howled loudly, the party hearing a wolf within their distance. Within the primal cry was his search for Digital. "AWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOO." 
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2019, 07:50:34 PM »
He straightened slightly as he felt the approach of another angel, it didn't feel like a Light Angel. Zoheret maybe? He was about to turn and look when he saw the ancient vampire approach. He watched warily because he could feel time pulling at him the closer this creature got, it almost made his bones ache. This was the first time any vampires age had impressed itself upon him and this was the first non-beautiful vampire he had yet seen as well, not that looks, good or bad, meant anything to him; after all, appearance was just another tool to be used. He had time to clasp Sabrina’s hand in return and shake it.  He liked that she offered her hand, most would not, especially if they knew what a Dark Angels touch was capable of. He was about to tell her his name when she beckoned the ancient to them.

By the Darkness! this vampire was so damn old, his age pressed down on him with every step he took closer. It wasn’t pain he felt pressing on his bones but simply the weight of eons, it was slightly like the way he used to feel when he was around the Elders of his kind, except this was much weaker, nothing contained true ancients like the angelic plane. Saraekiel suspected this vampire was pretty powerful as well; as time was a great builder of strength, which made this vampire someone to watch if not fear. He didn’t fear much and with maybe the exception of the approaching ancient the surrounding fangers certainly weren’t capable of inspiring that emotion in him

He was about to introduce himself again when the naked and obviously god touched vampire came hurtling towards them.  As Sabrina pushed the naked vampire behind her, he studied the creature with interest. Madness was seen as a curse by most humans but angels knew them for the unique, intriguing and more oft then not insightful creatures that they were. How much more so did the vampiric curse make them he wondered as he flicked his curiosity filled eyes over the naked fellow, the whole gatecrashing and naked mad vampire situation had his lips twitching with amusement as he turned towards Charon.

“Saraekiel” he said as introduction as he offered the ancient his hand in greeting. “And from Sabrina’s comments I assume this is your home and event. Thank you for inviting me”

But why am I here? He thought suspiciously and just a little too loudly when the garden was suddenly filled with the sound of distressed wolf song.

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
  • four sins past SAINTHOOD.
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2019, 12:58:00 AM »
She crossed the foyer slowly, allowing her hips to sway a bit more than she normally would while she scanned the energies of the party, casually looking at the art, culture, and architecture of the room. The party was mostly full of vampires and humans as she had predicted, some of them very old. The Sacramentum, the family who owned this particular piece of property, were some of the oldest ones in the city. The Dark Angel had willingly accepted an invitation, knowing that some of these creatures have been on Earth longer than she has. Despite her disapproval of such creatures, she was, in fact, more curious to encounter ancient creatures and see how they had survived their millenia.

There was a kerfuffle outside in what she assumed were the gardens, but besides a quick glance in that direction, Zoheret paid it no mind. The vampires were holding court; why interrupt their madnesses?

No, she was most interested in finding the other Angel at the party and followed the energy slowly to the doors leading to the gardens, where three other undead stood. Like many women before her, the blond one in the maroon vest caught her eye.

--

He could smell her cigarette smoke from where he stood with Jenella, and he knew where she was. Good ol' Lisa-Joe. Despite that swift knee to the balls, fate - or was it city politic and warmongering sires? - had determined that they were not done with each other just yet. His blue eyes kept darting on to her as Damien surveyed the land from his perch. Pierre was about to descend the steps past his Sire when he felt a firm pressure preventing him from going anywhere, suddenly on his shoulder.

"Wait," Damien whispered cautiously, listening and watching. Not a moment later, something burst into view running. Gasps went up from an unprepared crowd and Pierre stumbled on the step a bit, but Damien's hand held firm. It was a man - a vampire from the feel of him - running, no streaking through the party. Pierre couldn't help but laugh, a short staccato burst which he immediately tried to cover with his unoccupied hand. He watched the vampire run and rant and rave, wondering why no one was trying to stop him - too much shock at the party probably. Pierre couldn't make sense of what riddles were coming out of his mouth, but did happen to notice Lisa-Joe suddenly appear at Jake's side. Fascinating creature, she was.

Damien's grip on his shoulder tightened as the crazed immortal now swung in their general direction full steam. But he wasn't aiming for them, Pierre knew somehow. His path was too crooked, too angled, in a more sideways direction; Damien's grip nonetheless remained. In fact it wasn't until the crazed vampire had run and been caught by an extremely tall woman nearby that Damien cautiously released him, like a parent cautioning a child. The situation had them both awed and a bit startled.

Once the vampire was in hand, Pierre's attention lingered on the tall woman. He had never seen anyone so tall before. Why hadn't he come across this woman in the city before hand? Where did she come from? What was she? He couldn't find the answer to anything he wondered, could read her age. He knew she wasn't human. No, she definitely didn't smell human. What kind of creature was she?

He had lingered too long in his thought; Damien squeezed him again, bringing him back to the present. Another presence was demanding his attention. Something much closer, powerful, and dark. Pierre looked right as a beautiful voice found its way deep into his ears.

"That dress is delightfully gorgeous on you, my dear," someone was saying to Jenella. Pierre's eyes fell on another immortal being he couldn't place. She was draped in purple satin and silver accents with more skin showing than a pop star at the Grammy's. A delicious amount of skin that Pierre couldn't help but indulge in looking at, wondering things he knew he shouldn't wonder. Star struck, instantly. But although she was talking to Jenella, she was a bit too close to him, speaking a touch too seductively to be giving mere compliments, her hazel eyes a bit too lingering upon him. "The designer, Versace, yes?"

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2019, 01:54:01 AM »
Jeanne arrived after Ari did but he appeared hesitant to make initial contact (his darting eyes travelling from the giantess to the nudist gave him away) so Jeanne stepped swiftly into the fray, as delighted by the evening's bohemian intrusion as Charon was. There was something so wildly incorrigible and creative about an unexpected party guest! Smiling up at the tall, goggled interloper (though if he was tall compared to her diminutive frame, Sabrina was a veritable tower), she crooked her elbow towards him. His scent was a cocktail of earth and beasts, of moonlight and freedom and she found the redolence intoxicating.

"Come with me, my little ball of yarn, and we shall see what there is to hold you altogether," she invited smokily, her eyes twinkling at Digital. She could physically tug him away from Sabrina if it seemed necessary but she hoped he would come willingly. She thought boldly of the bulging closets upstairs, filled with frilled and dazzling finery, from which their spontaneous guest might choose anything he wished to clothe himself in - even one of her decadently expensive frocks if he liked - hoping to bait the hook further.

Before a decision could be made, howling erupted from the shadows of the garden, its mournful tone stirring Digital's attention from her lure. Ari was dispatched with a mere press of her will that he investigate who or what the howler wanted, and Jeanne refocussed her desire for Digital to accompany her, once more.

~*~

Kerr held Ben to him with his long fingers cupping his lover's head, woven through his hair, cheek to cheek and eyes closed while he inhaled his scent. His lips were close to Ben's ear, moving in an incessant litany of gratitude that Ben appeared unharmed and happy to see him.

Pressing words of caution into his mind was all well and good for his fledglings, but they hadn't endured weeks of inexplicably growing apart from the man he loved, feeling like a returned-from-the-dead inconvenience, only to have him taken away completely in some barbaric form of forced fealty and punishment. He'd known just enough to understand that Ben was safe, who he was surrounded by and therefore just enough to go out of his mind with worry. Diplomacy was going to be very difficult after that... but at least it no longer seemed beyond the scope of possibility, with Ben in his arms.

After his initial contact, Kerr pulled back and kissed Ben - really kissed him, needing to drown momentarily in his taste, his familiar texture, to express through trembling lips and a savouring tongue what his heart felt; that being forcibly separated had hurt and, though he was furious at Ben, he'd missed him and loved him. He broke the kiss when it was necessary and finally, finally looked into his beloved's beautiful silver eyes to speak to him.

"You and getting mixed up with politics and ancients... you're going to be the fucking actual death of me, you know that, don't you?" he murmured wryly, not entirely exaggerating. "Can it be over now? Can I just take you home with me tonight? Have you served your penance or is there some fucking reason that that wankstain won't let you go?" As he spoke his harsh words, a smile still flitted around his mouth because he was looking at his darling, his fingers softly brushing his nape and his ears and his throat, feeling the substantial and soul-satisfying presence of him. Of Ben.

It was hard to stay entirely angry when they were this close. It helped him ignore Digital and the complicated tornado of emotions roused by him, too.

Offline suneater

• Wordsmith
  • Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2019, 03:04:27 AM »
When the naked madman turned his focus on Jake, Luke glided forward, ready to interpose himself between the two vampires. The only outward signs that he was prepared to do violence were his perfectly balanced stance (knees bent slightly, ready to tackle and grapple since Digital clearly wasn’t armed) and his gloved hand flexing into a first. Digital seemed to note his presence, and possibly even to address him, but it was hard to tell given the relative incoherence involved. Just as soon as the possible threat emerged, it retreated. Luke made eye contact with Sabrina from across the crowd, offering her the faintest nod before she spirited the fool away. Please make sure he isn’t a problem, the nod seemed to say.

His attention shifted to Jake. His duties only included physical protection, so the Malkavian’s cryptic character assassination wasn’t really covered. The youthful looking vampire seemed fine, so Luke relaxed slightly (even if that fact didn’t manifest physically at all).

With the immediate problem corrected, Luke couldn’t help but reflect on the ravings they’d been subjected to. The actual content meant little to him, but the delivery… well, he’d certainly become acquainted with madness in the past several weeks. If it hadn’t been for his chance encounter with Jake, and the Ventrue’s willingless to try to repair his threadbare mind, he might have been just as bonkers, if not worse. Probably worse, he mused, opening the fist he’d made of his right hand. His own departure from sanity would likely have involved paranoia and aggression with deadly results.

The minor adrenaline spike had obliterated any effects of his glass of champagne, so he did snag another from a passing tray (nose wrinkling at the blood-tinged empty martini glass beside it) and sip at it. He was nearer to Jake’s party now and opted to stay close. Things were getting interesting. Lisa-Joe got a faint nod; her speed didn’t seem to surprise him in the slightest. Her aggressive aura, however, did affect him – quite effectively, actually, since he was already disinterested in the little court Jake was holding. His attention shifted forcibly from the table without his realizing it, and he was back to monitoring the party at large for further danger.

He frowned, cocking his head a bit and furrowing his brow, when an unexpected sound penetrated the dull furor of the party.

Oh. Great. A fucking werewolf. The thought was followed by what amounted to a slug of champagne.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2019, 05:00:03 AM »
“It was almost two years ago now, but it’s flown by,” Seb said, feeling a small pang of pain as he thought about why he’d gone to ground. “My sire passed away and although I hadn’t seen her for centuries, I didn’t take it well,” he explained, waving away words of sympathy offered his way, if any. “I had woken a few times after going to ground, but finally it felt like time to wake properly.

”It was about thirty years.”

“Thirty years?” Murphy repeated in shock, his eyes wide. Fuck, this vampire had been asleep longer than he’d been alive. “Sorry,” he added quickly, knowing he’d interrupted and feeling like that was the wrong thing to do in a group where the hierarchy seemed very important. Jake and Seb were doing all the talking, so he pressed his lips together and shuffled himself back into his chair, closer to Sam.

“Yes, thirty years. I had dirt in places I barely knew existed,” Seb said with a grin. “Fortunately I have very loyal staff.” He had paid them incredibly well to keep the house and grounds ready for his return at any moment and they had earned their pay.

Jake clearly had a very loyal following as well as Seb noticed his bodyguard moving closer and Lisa-Joe, with a new slit in her dress, appeared before them. She was alert, a dangerous glint in her eyes, and in Seb’s opinion, a little too highly strung. She clearly cared a lot for Jake. But then as quickly as the perceived danger appeared, it was whisked away and Lisa-Joe looked like nothing had happened.

Seb didn’t smoke, but, always prepared, pulled out a lighter for the newcomer and held it lit for her to use.

“We have indeed, and I believe I let you win, just so you’d let me keep coming to visit,” he said with a charming smile. “How are you enjoying your evening? Feeling better now you’ve got some freedom?” he asked with a slight gesture to the new slit in her dress.

Murphy felt Jake’s gaze on him every now and again and cast his own glances towards the vampire, whist trying not to stare in curiosity. Why had Jake wanted to meet him? And now basically ignore him? Was this some kind of game? A test for Ben in his “diplomatic” mission? He found himself watching Jake as he removed his jacket, then followed his fingers to Jake’s throat as it brought his mind to feeding – it had been a while since he’d been drunk from. Shit, he shouldn’t be thinking about that in a room full of vampires, whilst looking at one which Ben clearly wasn’t enthusiastic about.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2019, 05:43:47 AM »
Seb had been up for just over two years. That explained why Jake hadn’t met him. He’d been out of town for a large amount of that time. Lisa-Joe worked almost every night, or was there getting drunk anyway, so it made sense she’d have met the ancient. Jake found the idea that Seb had slept for thirty years not untypical, and couldn’t help but suppress a smirk at Murphy’s outburst. He looked at the human with a boyish, and somewhat wolfish grin. There was a curiosity about the man, and a certain… innocence? Jake resisted the urge to read his aura, and returned his focus to the larger party.

Thirty years was probably a nap for someone of Seb’s age, and while much younger Jake had whole moods longer than thirty years, or so if felt anyways. As someone who had also lost his sire he couldn’t help but give Seb a quick “I’m sorry that happened,” despite the waving away. Seb didn’t need to hear those things by any means, but Jake was still glad he said something to him about it. He wanted to include Sam and Murphy more, or hoped they’d at least speak to one another while Jake spoke with Seb. He gave Sam an encouraging look, and tilted his head towards Murphy. Strangely, his daughter known for her kindness, seemed averse to the journalist. He was surprised they weren’t already gossiping about Ben, Jake, Murphy’s work, Sam’s lesson plans. etc.

Lisa-Joe then joined the gathering, and right away Jake let out a sigh at some flippant comment she’d made to the ancient. Luckily, he seemed to enjoy the remark, and Jake let his tension wash away. Luke looked unaffected by Digital’s mad ravings, although Jake noticed he was a lot closer. “Join us Luke,” Jake called back respectfully. It wasn’t a command. It was a request, one the soldier could follow or not. Jake realized how many plates he was currently spinning.

“I’ve never gone to ground,” Jake replied. “Perhaps I’m not old enough. When did the urge to take a break first hit you? Do you call it torpor like my clan does? Oh, and what are your plans for the future? If not politics then what?”

Perhaps Seb could play a role in the new community center. He’d need new blood to make it work, and from what he did know about Seb he thought him rather cultured. It was also difficult for Jake to make friends, and while Seb couldn’t feel this the fact that Jake was searching for a place to put him in the grand scheme would tell those who knew Jake, that he liked Seb very much indeed. When Murphy had his thought about being fed from, Jake’s head tilted towards him, and Murphy would feel a sensation akin to mental flirting. It wasn’t a thought yet, but a simple psychological footsie. If Murphy was looking to get fed on, Jake would be happy to help. Then that pull from the blood happened again. He wondered if Murphy felt it too.

Lisa-Joe Hampton took the light, and gave Seb a mischievous grimace and a “and they say chivalry is dead.” Whether she meant his lighting her smoke, or throwing her the arm wrestling contest it wouldn’t be clear. She did remember beating him now, and felt her victory cheapen as a result. On the other hand, her crew saw her out arm wrestle an ancient. Maybe he had done her a favor. She resisted the urge to give him a good old smack on the back; hard, stinging and eye opening. She thought Seb might get to that point with this group, and her personally, but instead, gave a girlish and playful arm punch. He needed to be warmed up to her more. She smoked and scanned the other two at the table. Sam needed to cut loose.

The girl looked like she was at the young Republicans club, although much better dressed thanks to her. Jake had probably given her a list of do's and don’ts, and Lisa-Joe was happy her clan didn’t deal with any of that bullshit. Lisa-Joe knew how to finesse fine, but whenever she could, she just wanted to say what she thought. The other was a human who looked like he was slated to be Jake’s dinner. Wait, he was no normal blood bag. This was Murphy! He’d brought down the Oligarchy with a stroke of the pen. She then guessed it was a stroke of the keyboard, but pen sounded better. She scooted closer to him and Sam, and whispered playfully. “What’s going on here at the kid’s table?” She shot Jake a look daring him to correct her. He didn’t.

“As a fellow student of anarchy and rebellion, good job ending the Oligarchy by the way,” Lisa-Joe teased Murphy, her southern twang sounding lazy and musical, like a warm breeze on a nice summer’s day. She looked to Pierre but he was still drinking from Damien’s teet. If he wanted her, he’d have to come to her. Lisa-Joe never knew if she wanted to be chased or not, but her body language and glances at the Frenchman implied today she did. A wolf howled out into the night, and Lisa-Joe thought that perhaps some shifters were about to join them. How exciting! There might be kitties or dogs to pet.

“AWWWWOOOOOOO,” the wolf continued to howl, his emissary yet to receive him. He knew Digital was here. His smell didn’t go any other direction. He slowly moved to the other side of the pool, peaking his white snout to look around the corner. He ended up sniffing a young vampire come to his side.

“Oh hello,” he said in wolf, assuming everyone spoke the ancient language. “Do you know where my friend Digital is?”

If the vampire happened to not speak wolf, then a white wolf would make serious of barks, cries, elaborate body language, and the occasional growl. While he may not be understood, it was clear the wolf was trying to converse. He forgot he could just send a mental message as a vampire. Flick had forgotten loads about being a “proper” vampire.   
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Malkavian Riddler

• Novelist
  • Minstrel Seeking Minstrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2019, 08:22:37 AM »
A comforting hand upon his nape, Digital chirped a happy noise to be so close to Sabrina. He'd enjoyed his hug and twirl with her, turning him into a ballerina. The landing was gentle as well and his stomach felt fluttery from being so close to the Grand Tick Tock and the Golden Beast. The flutters grew when a beautiful Tick Tock appeared at his side, seductive and friendly - the ball of yarn comment making him giggle. The screeching voices in his head had quieted slightly beneath Sabrina's touch, but now they were only a whisper as he thought of going upstairs with this beautiful woman. Everyone else faded to insignificance until Flick's howl.

He jumped, startled and apologetic, caught between answering the howl or going upstairs with Jeanne. Flick was a friend! He shouldn't abandon his friend! But Jeanne... she could silence the voices for a few hours, if she permitted intimacies upstairs, amongst the clothes and frills and ribbons. He hadn't indulged in sexual play for a while and hadn't had a reprieve from his visions. He didn't know how or why the two of them were connected, and it wasn't a conscious understanding so much as instinct borne through repetition.

"Awoooo," he said softly, if only to answer the call, but not loudly enough to summon his friend. Flick would understand. Right now he only had eyes for Jeanne and so he went with her.
Digital: I drink from the poison chalice
Lan Bao: I reap the harvest of my people
Cain: I am the instrument that vampires play
Shan: I take what is mine and what is yours

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2019, 09:22:23 AM »
JENELLA

At the warmly spoken compliment, Jenella turned towards the speaker, as did Ricardo. As her sire admired the blonde's breathtaking body, Jenella was momentarily speechless by the woman's face. After surrounding herself with art for months, submerging herself into a lifestyle of paintings, sculptures and elaborate and indulgent creative celebration, she found herself admiring this woman as though she were a piece of art, her eyes feasting on every perfect detail. She had a sense of the unnatural, of the impossibly flawless, but it wasn't enough to break the spell. When Versace's name was guessed, she nodded.

"Versace, si," Ricardo replied. Jenella grew mutely angry, having forgotten he was there and annoyed that he had dared to speak on her behalf when the question had come to her.

"Jenella Vadim," she introduced smoothly, finally finding her voice. She reclaimed her hands to sweep them needlessly down her body, accentuating her own curves. "You are wearing someone original? A fantastic find," she said. The only thing to betray her nervousness was more than a tinge of her Russian accent coming through. She turned to Ricardo, smiling pleasantly and ignorantly to the spoken words - his only language being his native Italian. "Portami dello vino," she instructed him. Ricardo looked at her startled, having knowledge of the creature she was, and only slowly occurred to him that he was being dismissed. "Ovviamente." He moved down the stairs and towards the buffet tent, where there were only a few people picking at the delicious display.

BEN

He closed his eyes and absorbed the kiss into his heart and soul, missing the feel of someone who properly loved him, guilty of all the things he'd put him through and shame that he couldn't be a better and more deserving man. He knew the words Kerr spoke were supposed to be lightly admonishing but Ben felt a sharper edge.

Ben would've stayed out of it, but he'd felt the city's eyes on him after his sire's death and he'd felt vulnerable. The Academy had shone a positive spotlight on him, and while he'd felt safer organising it all with Conner in the background, it had also given him a lot more attention than he'd expected. It had been a gesture for Kerr's memory, but had risen in importance for him. It had kept Jake and Charon at bay, giving him some political clout. And now with Kerr alive, the Academy took on a different meaning and was now a prize, not just a memorial.

He'd shared with Kerr how this had all played out, in a series of texts. Penance, indeed.

"He's not like Themba, or Declan," he said, the latter being a moment in time he had no emotion over since he only had his movie-memories of that time and hadn't watched it all. "I'm not being harrassed, or abused." He remembered the slap but he'd gone out of his way to earn it, to see how far he could push Jake. He'd backed off after that. "It's temporary. It's until Jake gets bored of me hanging around." He looked around and spied Charon, but the ancient was too absorbed in conversation with someone Ben didn't recognise, and was with Sabrina, who he hadn't had much contact with but knew. "Charon wants me to stay another week," he said, at least, he thought to himself, remembering the ancient's words. Until Ben could prove himself, anyway. "Maybe ask Jake if you can visit?" he cringed inside, wondering how that was going to go over.

He wanted to ask Ichabod how the Academy was going in his absence, but didn't want to risk Kerr feeling second to it.

CHARON

Instead of shaking it, Charon took Sarakiel's hand between both of his and held it for a moment before releasing. "This is my home that I share with my family. Thank you for coming," Charon replied evenly, grateful that some of the other species of the city had acknowledged him.

He heard the thought but chose not to address it directly, instead watching the interplay between Jeanne, Ari and the naked vampire before the latter was taken away. The howl hadn't bothered Charon, for the madman had answered it, which he correctly guessed to mean they were friends. "Some invitations must have been lost in the mail."

His gaze swept to Sabrina and back to Sarakiel. "There will be an important announcement later on in the night, but it might have to happen soon, before our function becomes too chaotic." So far the naked man had caused a few gasps but mostly laughter and a burst of conversation. The wolf might make things more unpleasant and he didn't want anyone to leave before hearing the news.

He glanced over at Jake, wanting to meet with him before the announcement was made but his circle had only grown. Charon felt a spike of annoyance. He spied Zohoret not too far away, and she was another who he wished to meet with. The Shifter District Leader hadn't come yet. Perhaps that meant the north was unprotected as well. He looked at Jake again, wondering if he had the courage and the means to expand once again. The north was small enough to be gobbled up easily, but would Jake even want it?

Charon decided yes, he would. He had an inkling that Jake considered himself a benevolent ruler.

Dictator, more like.

"Have either of you met the woman at my back? Ms Zohoret?" Charon hadn't discussed the missing dark angel with Sabrina, and there was a possibility that both of the people with him knew more about her than he did. Information had been surprisingly absent about her.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2019, 09:29:00 AM »
Digital's sudden appearance made Sam put a hand over her mouth, not in shock but in sheer entertainment. The vampire was stark naked! Waving to everyone not a care in the world, even announcing some names she did not know. Digital's statement towards Jake rattled Sam, comparing him to the evil Queen in Alice and Wonderland. Perhaps this would have fit Jake in the past, but he was changing and growing thanks to Sam. Hoping no one would pay any mind to Digitals ridiculous statement. Luke quickly came to the table and Lisa-Joe came out of nowhere, a larger slit now cut in her dress. Digital luckily just wandered off, his attention span all over the place. Sam gave Luke and Lisa-Joe a warm smile before scanning the tall beauty that picked up Digital, twirling him like a child. So her name was Sabrina, that was good information.

Returning her attention to the group, listening to Seb explain his story. Her heart going out towards the ancient. Sam hid a smile at Murphy's outburst, then in a surprise move, Murphy moved his chair closer to Sam. Would it be rude to strike up a conversation with Murphy? Her own question answered as Jake tilted his head towards Murphy, thank god! Sam would have an easier trying to talk to someone who was not ancient, fewer butterflies in her stomach. Turning her head to speak to Murphy was short lived.  The pair interrupted with Lisa-Joe scooching closer, what in the world did she have planned? Her attention jerked away for a moment, was that a wolf Sam just heard? What was happening tonight? First a naked Digital and now a howling wolf?

Giving Lisa-Joe a playful punch in the arm at the remark of being at the kid's table. Wishing she would have given her a harder punch after her statement to Murphy. Sam did not want the fall of the Oligarchy to be subject at all tonight, giving Murphy a sympathetic look. Deciding it was time to take matters into her own hands. Politely taking the conversation in a different direction, turning her head to speak to Murphy. 

"What made you decided to pursue a career in journalism?" Her tone sweet and inviting towards him. Until now, Sam had never gotten an opportunity to speak with Murphy. Sure she had seen him with Ben or at the Academy but their paths never seemed to fully cross.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2019, 11:24:13 AM »
At Charons comment of lost invitations the Dark Angel smiled broadly with amusement but since he didn’t seem overly bothered by the wolf Saraekiel assumed its presence, though curious was no threat and so returned his attention to the ancient and therefore missed Zoherets entrance.

His curiosity and interest where doubly peaked at the mention of this important announcement and he was going to ask a question but was stopped by Charons next words.  He looked behind the ancient and spied the target of of the current topic. Zoheret was holding court amongst a small group of vampires. She looked flawless as usual, a Goddess come to bedazzle and blind those who would gaze upon her perfection.

“I spoke with her but a few days ago” he said in answer to Charon's inquiry, he was about to tell him that she had only recently returned from being abroad but stopped. Zoheret's business was Zoheret's business and if she wanted others to know it she would no doubt tell them herself. Instead he looked at Charon and offered the ancient his arm.

“Would you like me to escort you over to her?”

Why not? he could play nice, especially to this veritable grandfather of vampires, they say age brings wisdom. Maybe he could learn a thing or two, he doubted it though, and as he glanced once again around the undead throng milling about, he saw nothing that as of yet would dissuade him from the course of action he was planning on taking.