Author Topic: Fresh Start, Fresh Ink  (Read 14997 times)

Offline The Cedar Witch

• Novelist
  • Night among strangers. Secrets in the dark.
    • View Profile
    • Modern Magix
Re: Fresh Start, Fresh Ink
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2019, 03:00:04 AM »
Astrid downed the water a bit too quickly and sputtered a little.  Freshly-slathered and wrapped, she placed her feet on the ground and watched as the herbs were stubbed out.  Remembering her nakedness, she crossed over to where her shirt was to carefully pull it over her head.

"That was intense,"  she began with a tone of admiration.  "Thank you.  It feels...like it's always been there."  She smiled, jacket in hand.

"Oh--what do I owe you?"  Her hand went into the jacket, searching.
Anna/Odessa/Sonya || Astrid || Chtahzus'aak/Zeus || Extasis || Fler || Jeremiah || Laurent/Va'tamal || Malakai || Rachel || Vai
Old things have strange hungers. - Catherynne M. Valente

Offline Harlequin

• Founder
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2019, 11:37:58 AM »
"I'm so glad!" The smile she wore told Astrid she meant it. She snapped off her gloves and tossed them in a biohazrd bin, along with all the blood-and-ink stained paper towels.

"You can owe me a favor, how does that sound?" Now that she was allied with the Sacramentum, and running the South, money was not as much on her mind (especially with the Parlor no long on the verge of collapse), but favors were always valuable.

Offline The Cedar Witch

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Modern Magix
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2019, 12:00:30 PM »
Astrid gave Sabrina a playful scowl.  "Ugh, fine."  However, she continued to feel around through her jacket until she pulled a small-ish wooden box from its depths.

"You have to at least take this though, I can't just owe you a favor for such incredible work."  And for letting her stay at the Parlour.  She would've continued to insist until Sabrina took the box.

Inside the box, nestled among some careful padding, was a well-preserved python skull.  In the eye sockets were two black obsidian spheres, polished to a brilliant shine.  Delicate tiny lines formed various runes along the jaw; sharp teeth all present.

"Thank you, really."
Anna/Odessa/Sonya || Astrid || Chtahzus'aak/Zeus || Extasis || Fler || Jeremiah || Laurent/Va'tamal || Malakai || Rachel || Vai

Offline Harlequin

• Founder
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2019, 10:27:24 AM »
The first insistence was enough, and Sabrina took the proffered box with a gracious tilt of her head, and opened it right then and there. Her fingertips grazed the runes with a feather's gentleness, feeling the charged blankness there. It was truly a lovely piece of craftsmanship, waiting for her to write its purpose. Sabrina realized she'd been quiet for too long

"Astrid, this is...quite something. Thank you." A pause, and she looked up at the other witch, "Would you be able to make it into a necklace for me? I'd love to wear it, when I figure out what it needs to be." Sabrina certainly had the skill to do it herself, but that seemed unconscionably rude.

Offline The Cedar Witch

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Modern Magix
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2019, 10:38:54 AM »
Astrid brightened--Sabrina wanted to wear it?  How awesome was that!

"Absolutely."  She took the box back.

"I can probably have it done in under an hour.  How long would you like it?  And do you prefer leather, silver, copper, or gold for the necklace bit?"  Her mind was already planning excitedly, which was clearly evident given the rapid-fire questions.  She had a few tools and wire for wrapping somewhere in the jacket, but chains and leather were upstairs in her room.  There might be a bit of string in her jacket somewhere for taking a measurement though--and when she remembered this she went fishing in there again.

Offline Harlequin

• Founder
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2019, 11:08:28 AM »
"I prefer silver, or cold iron, if it's not too much trouble."

As to the under-an-hour part, Sabrina waved a hand. "I won't hear of it. Go, eat. Your body needs to recover. Something tells me it'll be hard for us to miss each other." Her eyes twinkled merrily, "The house is only so big."