Author Topic: Crisis Averted  (Read 14629 times)

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: Crisis Averted
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2019, 09:56:59 PM »
Lacy’s ideas were really good ones and Siobhán was rather impressed by how the police officer was taking all this supernatural stuff in stride.

Sabrina's assurance that the other leaders could be trusted reassured her slightly. If it had been Sabrina alone she wouldn't have a problem. She didn't care who her father was, everyone had screwed up families and parents they weren't quite proud of and Siobhan so definitely no exception. S abrina's power might be dark but dark didn't mean evil and Shiobhan hadn't sensed any malevolence from her powerful, statuesque host.

At Sabrina’s explanation and demonstration of the Treacle her eyes opened in wonder and amazement and she completely agreed with Tansy, Magic Venom was the perfect name and discretion for it. As she watched the Treacle travel up Sabrina’s arm she felt a multitude of questions suddenly pop into her head.

“That looks totally cool!’ She said with a smile. “What does it feel like? Will it cover your whole body. What can it do, or what can you do with it?”

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2019, 09:19:53 PM »
Wren looked at Lacy and nodded. They'd been casting together, boosting the spell to make their net wider. It had been a while since he'd performed a paired chant, let alone a group one. He was surprised at the pain in his chest from the lack of a circle. He looked around at the ragtag bunch with him now. His new circle, he supposed, though he was going into it reluctantly.

He caught Sabrina's eye when she spoke of the other leaders. There was another question on the tip of his tongue but it fell away when she answered Siobhan's question about the Treacle. He watched it with a combination of fascination and wariness, listening avidly when she described her relationship to it. He'd heard of such things but not witnessed them. This city was like a flame in a magical sky. No wonder the necromancer had come here.

It must have drawn her the same way it drew him. By instinct.

His gaze shifted from Sabrina to Siobhan and back again. Yes, he would like to know all these things as well.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2019, 10:16:59 AM »
Lacy was less enthused about the treacle than the other two. She thought it was interesting and worth knowing about, but boy did it give her the creeps. She didn't want to offend Sabrina, especially after she said it was a part of her. Lacy hoped it was a small part. She did mentally note that as far as a motive went for the necromancer that getting the treacle was probably it.

"Why does she want you it you think," Lacy added to the growing list of treacle related questions. She desperately wished she could smoke in here, but didn't think it was a good moment to ask.

"Also, if she worships the devil than isn't whatever she's doing his will? His instructions? Like, she sold her soul or something?"

Lacy was just grasping for leads in Tess's motives, but hoped the more knowledgeable people might be able to fill in blanks.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Harlequin

• Founder
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2019, 05:27:11 AM »
"It feels normal now, like breathing. It's sentient, after a fashion, and makes it's needs and wants known, but we've mostly come to an understanding." She turned her hand over, watching the inky substance creep over her elbow "It acts as an extension of my body, for the most part, though it can do a lot of things that I can't alone; like pull tissue together at a microscopic level, or throw a truck at somebody."

She shrugged, and the Treacle receded, back into her nailbeds with an uncanny speed. "It's powerful and valuable, and the only thing I know of like it."

Sabrina picked up her wineglass again and pondered Lacy's questions, "She's certainly struck some type of deal with Old Scratch to gain her powers, or to enhance power she was born with. There are a lot of iterations of the Devil out there making deals, though. This one feels perhaps...newer? New-world, certainly, and I try to stay away from that type of practice. It's too volatile, and those patrons tend to demand more from their followers."

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2019, 04:27:43 PM »
Siobhán listened as Sabrina answered her questions and watched with fascination as the Treacle subsided back into her body. What must it feel like to share your body and perhaps your mind with a symbiotic creature? To know it was no longer your and yours alone? She shivered at the thought and looked at Sabrina with a new level of respect.

As she addressed Lacy's questions about Tess and Lucifer she sat back and just listened; she didn't want to get involved with a theological discussion about him but she also felt she needed to clarify something and so waited till Sabrina had finished.

"Tess hasn't sold her soul, or Lucifer hasn't claimed it anyway." She looked across at Wren "It was how she was able to fool us, she used the light of her soul as part of her glamour. Something she couldn't have done if she didn't have one any more. It's why we couldn't see through it, because it wasn't pure illusion."

She flicked her gaze back to Lucy. "You said that telling the other leaders would allow them to keep an eye out for her and track her whereabouts and that you could track her past through police records." She looked around the group and shrugged. " We could also try and track where she is now through a tracking spell. She has probably cast a counter spell to prevent magical tracking but if we had something of hers to tie to the spell she would have no defense."

She looked towards Wren "She crashed into in the back of the police car when we got to the cemetery, she was also sitting beside you." she raised an eyebrow and smiled, not in any innuendo but because the situation presented a chance of stitching up Tess for good. "She could have lost a strand of hair is what I mean; if the vehicular hasn't been cleaned that is. I could also check the clothes i came in with" she said as she looked at Sabrina.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2019, 04:24:20 PM »
Wren looked down at himself. He was still wearing what he had been earlier that night, except now he also had on a hemp shirt. He remembered how Tess had landed on him, the feel of her hands on his chest and legs when she'd pushed herself away with a smirk. Her hair had brushed against his neck and shoulders. He supposed a strand could have snagged on his beads.

He pulled his necklace up over his head and started inspecting each bead carefully, but even as he searched he felt as though it was futile. It wasn't long before he returned to the start without a strand of hair to show for it. He wasn't about to go through his pants looking for her hair.

"Sorry, I came up empty," Wren said with a shrug.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2019, 10:15:35 AM »
Lacy listened, but had trouble connecting with the whole tracking spell thing. That could be Siobhan's contribution. Lacy had plenty of her own angles to work. She would search the van though, and for sure thought physical evidence was important. She also doubted that evil hell bitch had a soul, but was no expert. If she did have one then Lacy hoped the necromancer would burn in hell for what she did at the graveyard. The image of the cat wouldn't leave her mind. The cop had seen much in her years on the force, but never something that horrid.

"I'll check the van," Lacy agreed. It was getting late and she needed to make that last round she'd been dreaming off. She rose up from her chair. "If I find something I'll bring it back in, but otherwise I think I need to head home. This whole thing was... a lot." She smiled weakly as she waited for permission to leave, and how best to contact this new little coven. She looked at Wren the most. She felt the most connected to him after the whole affair.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2019, 09:54:46 PM »
Siobhán rose to her feet as well "Actually I should be going as well. I need to open my cafe in a few hours. If you do find anything Lacy, I'll make a pendulum with it, if we don't find anything." she gave a shrug of her shoulders. " I guess it will be a waiting game,"

She turned and smiling warmly she went and wrapped her hands around Sabrina's, what she really wanted to do was hug her but she was unsure as to the tall woman's boundary's; she might not be a hugger. "Thank you, so much. For saving me, for looking after me"

Offline Harlequin

• Founder
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2019, 10:56:28 AM »
As if sensing the younger witch's desire, Sabrina wrapped her arms about Siobhan, pulling her into a warm embrace. Their positions made the gesture slightly awkward, but this was tempered by Sabrina's size. Siobhan would find she smelled of jasmine incense and ozone.  After a moment, she held the other woman at arm's length, beaming. "Think nothing of it," she said, and meant it.

Sabrina rose, then, and gestured toward the door, "You're both right; it is quite late. Let us meet back here in a week's time and discuss what we've found?" She caught each pair of eyes as agreements were muttered, and nodded, considering the matter settled. "Lacy, Siobhan, If either of you have any trouble with our friend, call for me and I'll come."

She turned her gaze to the Druid"Wren, as long as you call my home your home, you need not call." Another sweeping gesture, this time toward the check-in desk, "Now let's get you settled."

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2019, 02:10:22 PM »
Wren nodded. He reached out to hold Lacy's hand and gave it a light squeeze with his 'I'll see you later' before giving Siobhan a polite smile and heading for the check-in counter, wondering what the rate was for staying. He wasn't comfortable staying for free but he didn't have a huge amount of cash to his name either - which was why he'd holed up in the Detour in the first place.

After some conversation with the rainbow-haired flighty woman (who he was amused and fascinated by), he went to his room and got himself settled for the night.

He wouldn't stay here long though - it felt like he was taking advantage, and that he didn't need the room as much as others might.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2019, 03:54:54 AM »
Lacy nodded her understanding and left several business cards on the table. She said goodbye to each person and added to Sabrina, "thanks for the drink." With that she headed to the exit. She gave Wren one last look as he spoke to Tansy, before heading out into the night. She searched the van and found no hair, but she did find a few fingerprints. She wasn't sure if they belonged to Tess or to another occupant, but she'd run them back at the station. Maybe old fashioned law enforcement was a way to catch this bitch. Her life had been changed tonight. There was no going back. She was a witch now, and the idea left her excited, but mostly frightened.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.