Author Topic: A Polite Night  (Read 15061 times)

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
A Polite Night
« on: March 29, 2019, 02:25:44 AM »
Dr. James Barrow didn’t normally go out to bars. They could be so crowded and lacked such taste. He’d heard of a vampire bar that promised to be better than the rebels of the White Rabbit, and had decided that he would attempt to be social, without his dark passenger taking control of the wheel. Nope. Jimmy would stay locked up tonight. James could handle it. He could be an environment with men, booze, other Kindred, and more without succumbing to his more primal self. He was sophisticated, educated, illuminated and posh, and he’d be damned if the mongrel he shared a brain with would dictate appropriate social behavior.

He was waived in fairly quick. It seemed there was a shortage of vampires per the number of humans tonight so he had an advantage as far as numbers went. He’d also dressed for the occasion! He wore khakis pants that showed off his bum quite well, with polished brown shoes, a teal colored, pull over sweater with a dress shirt and tie underneath. His cream colored overcoat was removed and placed in coat check. His large, black framed glasses and pewter ring completed the look. He thought he looked rather handsome. He didn’t care others might say he looked stuffy. To him, he looked like a proper gentleman. Surely the boys of this establishment wanted something more refined than the average vampire, and Dr. James Barrow was here to fulfill that need.

While some might find his approach snobbish, he felt it was dignified. Let the less cultured and educated defecate on him. That was their problem. He found a table that was unoccupied and sat, posture perfect. His confidence started to waver as no young gentleman approached him. It was then he wished he had alcohol. No! That was Jimmy talking. James didn’t drink. Dr. Barrow tried to block out the impulses of his lesser self. He would not be made a fool of again! With his urge to drink properly repressed, he looked around the room, hoping to find a nice young man to talk with, and perhaps if they really hit it off, he’d even feed.

Deep within his psyche, Jimmy pulled at the mental chains holding him in. The good doctor couldn’t hold him back for long, especially if he wasn’t getting any attention. Barrow was an attention whore whether he admitted it or not and Jimmy would pull and tug and prod until he was free.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Malkavian Riddler

• Novelist
  • Minstrel Seeking Minstrel
    • View Profile
Re: A Polite Night
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 08:41:13 PM »
It had been a long, long time since Cain had frequented a vampire club. He used to be a regular. He used to be an Oligarch donor. He used to offer his body as well as his blood. He used to be Kerr Galvin's favourite. He used to have a vampire boyfriend. But then he'd been dumped for some other guy when the relationship was still blossoming and Kerr died, and he'd somehow survived all that and got his life under control.

But he missed it, he missed the bite. Ben had called him and drank from him and they'd spoken about Kerr but there was something really awkward about it and Ben hadn't called again. That was a year ago.

He missed it. It was as simple as that. He missed the bite. He was wary of approaching vampires that knew him from his past. He'd changed so much - he was no longer willing to do anything with anyone. No longer the party boy who kept himself clean so he could get high on the bite. He was still clean but he'd abstained from sex, if only to see if he could. The world hadn't fallen apart, pigs hadn't flown, and everything continued as normal. Initially he'd used his hand every day, but then the urges passed and he felt like he had control. All of that control would go with the bite, of course, but if he found someone to drink from him who would respect him as Kerr had, as Ben had ...as David had (and how remembering that name hurt his heart), then all would be good.

Wearing Docs, black jeans and a silky black button-down with maroon trimmings, he looked a lot more dressed up than he used to. He couldn't resist lining his eyes with black kohl, and it brought out and drew attention to the uneven blue of them - one light, one medium. His mismatched eyes were the most attractive thing about him, he thought, but being a bricklayer had done wonders for the muscle definition in his body, and he was no longer sixteen and looking for trouble. He was twenty, and looking for someone to treat him well.

It was the reason why the doctor drew his eye. He was dressed differently, sitting with good posture, eyeing the clientele but not approaching them or being approached. Cain was very good at spotting the vamps and he was fairly sure that the professor-looking type was one of the nightwalkers. Cain stared at him a little longer but didn't delay too long in case someone else got in first. He moved to the table where the professor sat and gave him his best smile.

"Hi, I'm Cain. Are you waiting for someone or may I join you?" he asked, not bothering to raise his voice over the music. The professor would hear him.
Digital: I drink from the poison chalice
Lan Bao: I reap the harvest of my people
Cain: I am the instrument that vampires play
Shan: I take what is mine and what is yours

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 12:57:23 AM »
Dr. Barrow had been in his own world for a moment when Cain approached him. He’d been considering what would happen if he failed to attract any attention tonight, and almost all the hypotheticals ended with Jimmy once again needing to drive. However, that was all for naught for a good looking chap had sauntered up and introduced himself! Well, wasn’t he a fine looking fellow, his long hair, and different colored eyes intriguing the good doctor. He pointed to the seat across from him, and opened up into a reserved but friendly smile. He feared coming off too excitable you see, or perhaps he wanted an air of mystery about him? Even he wasn’t sure what his motivations were these days.

“I wasn’t waiting for anyone, no,” his posh British dialect sounded out of place. He was undeniably English, from his dress to his voice, and even in Ventrue he seemed to stick out. His green eyes were magnified behind his glasses, and while Cain wouldn’t be sure if it was just the glare on the lenses, or something else, but for a moment they seemed to glow, before returning to normal. He tried to not do what he normally would do, which would be to size up the person across from him, but instead, blanked out his mind. He wanted this to go well.

“James,” he said, feeling funny only giving his first name. He normally led with his credentials but he’d found recently that boys didn’t like that. Nobody wanted to talk with an egg head these days. “What brings you to Ventrue tonight, Cain?”

Dr. Barrow found that saying someone’s name right after learning was a good way to cement it in the mind. Jimmy snickered underneath the conscious mind.

You’re going to blow it, Barrow.
He’s too good for you.
Hope you don’t stutter.
Just let me take care of him. We both know I’m why we get to feed at night…

Even with the anti-cheer leading coming from his dark passenger, Dr. Barrow’s face remained neutral and calm. He waited patiently for Cain’s response, and to learn more about his potential meal.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 07:58:31 AM »
Cain took the seat opposite, sad that he wasn't invited to sit beside but also relieved that the professor-type was obviously interested in speaking to him first. He wouldn't have minded some contact but that could still come, if he said and did the right things according to the man in front of him. The accent was super sexy and the name sounded very British to go along with it. Cain hoped that James wasn't a tourist and actually lived here now. He would prefer to offer his neck to someone who would want to make a habit of it, rather than someone who was just passing through.

The question was direct and demanded a direct response. Cain struggled to provide it, but there was no other way to answer. "You," he said, then his expression jumped through a few different emotions; embarrassment, frustration (with himself), cheekiness, curiosity and finally landing on hopefulness. "The bite," he expanded. "I figure you want to ask me questions or talk to me first," he guessed, because he was sitting here across from James. "You have a lot of choice tonight," he said, glancing out at the club proper but not really looking because he only had eyes for James. "Not all of them will approach, but I bet all of them would say yes to you."

Especially when they hear that amazing accent.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 05:58:42 AM »
Dr. Barrow's eyes widened at first, surprised by the directness of the reply. He wasn't aware that coming to be fed upon was the chief motive of the humans in attendance, but a quick reflection made him realize that such a thing was obvious. Jimmy snickered underneath the conscious mind. Barrow was so oblivious. James reached a hand across the table, hoping Cain would take it. He smiled as the humans' face went through it's myriad of changes, liking the cheeky moment the best. James hoped this nice boy, Cain, was a local and not passing through town. He was hoping to find a regular squeeze who appreciated that he wasn't some Lestat bad boy wanna be. He was a nice man, looking to treat a human nicely, no matter what Jimmy had planned.

As he looked at the long haired, two-color eyed human, absorbing his beauty, he saw not Cain's face but Ben Samson! This person knew Mr. Samson! The sight had decided to drop that image for a reason, but he dared not ask him about it. It wasn't why either of them were here. He blinked and Ben was gone. Cain once again looked at him hopefully. As Cain discussed Dr. Barrow's apparent choices in food, he looked around to see that both humans and vampires were staring at the pair of them. The other blood suckers in the room seemed as interested in Cain as the humans were interested in him. He decided Cain should know this.

"Then I consider myself lucky the best choice is already sitting across from me," he complimented, letting his British dialect do the heavy lifting needed in flirting. "You seem in high demand yourself."

James was flirting with him though, and leaned forward in his seat. He suddenly wished the boy was sitting closer to him as opposed to across from him, but decided it would be too early to make that correction. Perhaps if their hands began playing with one another, he'd guide him over to the seat next to him. Cain assumed the vampire had questions, and truthfully as a psychologist, Dr. Barrow had plenty. He thought what he should ask in order to cement his decision to feed and landed on his first inquiry.

"I assume based on how you addressed me just now that you've been fed from before," he stated, not so much a question as a statement. "What's your experience with men like me?"

He removed his glasses, but his eyes still seemed to almost shimmer. Large green pools stared at Cain, analyzing and waiting for an answer. 
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 11:23:40 AM »
Cain's smile grew at the compliment and he mirrored James, leaning forward and reaching out to grasp the vampire's cool hand. His thumb caressed the doctor's wrist but he wasn't feeling for a pulse. It was a sensitive spot that Cain liked having touched himself so he did it for others that he liked.

He nodded to confirm he'd been drunk from before, then gave a bashful smile when asked about his experience. He decided to downplay it, but stayed with his usual honesty. "Men like you are much like people in general. Most are nice but a few can be more demanding."

More demanding was a nice way to put it. 'Downright assholes' would've been more correct, but he didn't want to be negative with his newfound friend.

"You don't need those glasses, do you?" he asked, his attention drawn to the spectacles once James had taken them off his face. Weren't vampires supposed to have superior vision?

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 12:42:23 PM »
James took Cain's hand once offered. It felt warm and strong, some form of physical labor in his past. He liked these hands, and ran the tip of his index finger down the center of Cain's palm. James was relieved the boy wasn't a first timer, as that always led to several minutes of explaining things. The word demanding sounded carefully chosen, and Cain might notice the good doctor's eyebrow raise in curiosity at the statement. He assumed it meant nothing good. How could it? He understood the sentiment though. In general he felt the same about people.

Only when Cain mentioned his glasses did James seem to realize he'd taken them off, and nervously returned them to their perch. He cleared his throat for no apparent reason.

"To see? No. I don't need them for that." The statement felt leading, and Cain only waited for a second before James added. "But they remind me who I am."

He smiled, feeling such a statement would make perfect sense. "Why did you approach me, and don't say the accent."

He smiled expediently, this question being an important one.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 03:14:30 PM »
Cain wondered if the lenses on the glasses were flat or if James had kept the prescription, too. Did that mean he could see farther and at a magnified level? At the answer he studied James' face curiously, trying to guess why he would need reminding. Cain didn't want reminding of his past self... he wanted to be a better person, and moving forward and changing was how he could do that.

"Um, you're gorgeous and you don't fit in here." Cain's eyes widened when he realised that could sound insulting so he hurriedly explained. "All the humans look like they're into some label or other; like emo or punk or goth or hipster, to attract a certain type of vamp, I guess. The vamps are either freshly minted or too old to relate. You seem like you're in the middle, but you're also dressed up nicely. You give off a kind of 'professor' vibe and I..."

Cain paused, startled. He'd been about to admit he had sexual fantasies about corrupting or being corrupted by college professors. That would be too much too fast, sharing that sort of thing.

"I like it," he finished. "A bit shallow, I guess. Except I thought you'd be the type to want to get to know me before having me. It makes it less... sleazy."

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 03:50:46 PM »
Americans were so candid and complementary. It always made James skittish to be flattered, and he smiled coyly and guided Cain to sit next to him with their locked hands. He'd wrap him up, and let their thighs touch. He was a nice guy though, and if he got the sense Cain didn't want this intimate style of touch he could pull away easily. It felt good to be near him, and the hunger began to creep into the front of James eyes. A beast felt trapped, unable to rise as long as James felt so confident. Well, no matter. Cain would meet Jimmy eventually. The beast was sure of that.

He also liked how perceptive Cain seemed to be. His assessment of the room seemed about right, and it made him like the growing attraction between the two of them more. They were different. He liked that. Cain was hot, smart, and knew what he wanted. That was all James needed to know to want his neck. He wouldn't take him back just yet though. He was enjoying the flirt.

"I don't think you're shallow," Barrow said, his tone of voice getting deeper. He looked Cain in the eyes, and saw an image of him in a classroom. Cain had stayed after class, and James was going to show him something special. He was different than the other students. Vision James took off his jacket and tie, and Cain's hands were now under his shirt. Well, well well.

Cain's fantasy made James want to tell him he'd taught at Oxford, but bragging was so low class, and it would come up in time. The comment about sleaze confused the Malkavian. Was sleaze always bad? Would he mind it if it was with the same person? "Well, you're right that I like getting to know you. You're sexy and lovely..."

And oh so tasty, Jimmy added.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 08:20:53 AM »
Cain shifted out of his booth seat and slid in beside James at the gentle urging. He could feel the cold, hard press of his body against his. It was enough to quicken his breathing slightly and cause a twitch in his pants. He took a quick, deep breath to calm himself down and offered another cheeky smile to the vampire before biting his lower lip at the contact. They stared at one another and Cain felt like James was staring into his soul - maybe reading his mind, who knew? If so, he would find Cain an open book. He said what he thought and felt and he didn't keep secrets.

"Thanks," Cain said at being called sexy and lovely. Such words usually came just before a bite, or just after. Compliments were nice and he wouldn't knock any back. He was pretty sure that James would take him into one of the glass rooms directly across the booth or if he didn't like the idea of a two-way mirror where they could see out but nobody could see in, he might take him to the private booths downstairs, near the lounge. Cain would go anywhere with him - he was already hooked. "Have you seen the Qamar Art Gallery?" Cain asked. "I live near there. A lot of people who live in the city haven't even seen it. Do you um, live in the city? And have you seen it?"

If the answer to both questions was yes, then James wouldn't have trouble finding Cain's place either.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2019, 03:30:05 PM »
James was hooked too, perhaps a little too hooked. He heard Cain's question as if it were asked through a pool of water. All he could focus on was his pulsing neck vain. The vampire took his glasses off again, and undid the top button of his shirt. Cold bodied or not, it was getting hot in here. He told himself he was still totally in control. He was just relaxing into this nice young human, with his tough looking hands and strong body. Cain's warm flesh made the vampire begin to stiffen, and he wrapped his arms around Cain's muscular frame. He would've fed right here if it was allowed. He wanted this boy badly.

"I know it well," he replied, lips inches from Cain's. He could feel his breath. He saw himself piercing Cain's neck and he imagined the hot, metallic taste of his blood. He smiled, showing the two pointy things that would soon penetrate the human. What would he think of them, James wondered.

The question about whether or not he lived in the city sobered him up a bit, and he suddenly seemed to relax, less intense than just a few moments prior. So Cain wanted to know if he lived in the city. Did that mean he hoped to see him again already? They hadn't even done the deed. "I live in the North part of town. I have a loft there. If you and I have a good rest of the night, why don't we go there sometime?"

He realized he was unclear, and nervously added, "to the art gallery I mean." He didn't want Cain to think he was inviting him back already.

It was risky to ask a feed on a date, but Cain seemed very attracted to him, and the best part was he was being himself. He wasn't talking about work. He wasn't needing drugs to be social. This kid was special. Once he got an answer to this question, he assumed he'd want to be bitten, and honestly James couldn't wait much longer with how he was feeling.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 09:47:23 PM »
Cain was pleased that James was a resident and not a tourist. He felt better about offering his neck, knowing it might lead to something more. He would probably have offered his neck anyway, but it wouldn't have come with the excitement of maybe developing a relationship of some kind. The 'what if' added to the positive tension between them.

"The gallery as a first date, the loft as a second," Cain joked, his eyes shining with mischief, then realised he was being too forward again, assuming too much. "Um," he broke eye contact, looking down at their touching hands. "When you, I mean, if you want to drink from me, I'm the type to get... excited," he explained. Might as well give this guy a heads up. He would know that there were two main reactions, and now he knew that Cain had the erotic one.

"I hope that doesn't put you off," Cain said guilelessly, really wanting James to be into him. He'd promised himself that he wouldn't go all the way during the bite - that he would pre-warn the vamp he was with not to consider his reaction consent - but he didn't want to put the brakes on this before it even got going. Whatever happened next would happen. He would go with the flow. Just like the old days.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2019, 02:02:24 AM »
James was happy to accept both dates, but Jimmy wanted a taste first. He wanted several tastes in fact; lips, neck, blood, and even something much farther south from the mouth or neck. They weren't quite there yet, but Jimmy's eyes flashed again and he saw a future image. They were naked, rolling around on a bed. A wicked smile crossed the doctor's face, and he even let Cain see the image. What reaction would the human have to seeing a tiny panel of his potential outcome. Something had changed in the man. He was cooler, less fidgety and seemingly more confident. His tie was removed and his sweater came next, leaving only a slightly unbuttoned dress shirt. The glasses were seemingly forgotten.

"I'd love to take you to both," a slightly less posh accent said. It was still English but more London downtown than Buckingham palace. When he explained the reaction that he got when being fed from, Jimmy's devilish grin reached his eyes. This boy was perfect. It didn't put him off at all. In fact, it only made him want his neck ore.

"Don't worry love," he said, moving his hand down Cain's check. "I'm no prude. I'm, what's the bloody term for it these days, sex positive." He hoped that would put Cain at ease. He wanted him to like this as much as he did. It was more fun that way.

"Shall we go find a booth? I'd love to keep talking afterwords if you would like to."
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2019, 11:31:36 AM »
Cain didn't think they'd be talking much. The window booths upstairs were closest and would show them a view of the dancefloor while they did whatever they did.

He found the dropped accent curious but suspected it had to do with education - he'd come across it before. The original accent tended to come back in moments of passion; when angry, when upset... when having sex. It was intensely erotic how James had heated up, dropping the polite façade and his voice deepening to a rumble. Cain liked being touched and James was touching him a lot more.

"Yeah," Cain agreed, slipping out of the bench seat but retaining the hold on James' hand. He led the vampire past floor to ceiling mirrors and into the room that they hid. Once inside, he pressed the button on the wall that would close and lock the sliding mirrored door, and within the space was a long corner couch with deep cushions. Cain turned to face James, the lights from the nightclub flickering over both of their faces as the two-way glass let it in - though Cain could no longer hear the music, just the thump of its bass. The quick pace of the beat matched his heart as he stood, undecided how to progress them. He was a little taller than the vampire and very suddenly his perspective shifted, like a snap of the fingers. No longer a professor, James seemed more like a prefect at a private school because of his youthful looks, shorter stature, well-spoken and the outfit.

Cain had a couple of fantasies about that type as well - not as many as the college professor though - but he had an inkling that those fantasies might start compounding. Especially since he'd received that quick mental image of them in the middle of sex before. He wasn't sure if he'd thought it or if it had been given to him - either way, he'd liked it.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2019, 02:34:55 AM »
Throwback to Bloodlines. Listen to this.

Cain may have been only to hear the thumping base, but Jimmy's heightened senses allowed him to softly, although clearly, hear the fast paced and grungy beat. It made him want to dance up on Cain, but they had other priorities first. He loved the way they glowed in the blues, reds and purples of their environment. Cain was currently framed in the brightest blue, coming from a moving  spotlight, while the good doctor was bathed in red. He liked that he was a tad shorter. Dominance had nothing to do with physicality when you were a vampire. It was about the mind. Who controlled the conversation? Who had others to serve them? Who had mortals worshiping at the alter of their dicks? He pitted vampires who always felt the need to look more powerful than their prey. If any random mortal saw them on the street they'd likely assume Cain was courting Jimmy, not the other way around. He was a wolf in sensible, although cute, clothing.

He moved in and closed what little distance existed between their bodies, his eyes still looking deeply into Cain's. Then he closed his and went in to kiss the lad. He figured it was cool. His aura was practically screaming, bite me. But Jimmy wanted to taste his lips first. You learned a lot about someone by how they kissed you. Cain's lips were full, sweet tasting, and quickly gave way to accommodate Jimmy's mouth and tongue. The heat from his mouth and breath excited Jimmy even more, and he finished unbuttoning his shirt. He took Cain's hands and ran them down his smooth, trim torso, ending just above his belt. He wondered if Cain would go to undo it. He wouldn't make him though. It was more fun if it was his choice to be naughty.

Oh there would be much more kissing in the future. Cain was so good at it, and the boy's hunger seemed to rival his own. He contained it better, but there was a beast within this polite young man, a pit of want and desire almost as deep as his own. Jimmy would have so much fun drawing out this human's beast. But first, the bite. Once he had kissed his plenty, and ran his hands all over Cain's impressive physique, he moved his kissing to the neck. There were so many arteries other than the one in the neck. The femoral artery was near the prostate, and if Cain liked a sexual feed there was no better. For now though he'd settle with the neck. Maybe later in the night he'd have this boy's legs wrapped around his shoulders and then he could pass on that delight. He did want to please his companion. That was clear. He wasn't some normal, fresh off the bus from Iowa boy, he'd feed from and discard. James really liked him, and Jimmy loved destroying the things that brought James joy.

He bit down, and noticed that the pair's kissing had caused Cain to sweat a bit. He liked the salty, watery preview for the delicious and fantastic meal. The taste, other than hot and metallic, was top quality. How was this kid not already a prime pet for someone? Another image dropped into his mind of a man he didn't know. He considered he might've seen him at the trial. He was Irish and had a tongue stud and was currently dancing a fox trot with a muscular drag-queen. The word favorite echoed in Jimmy's mind as he sucked. Sometimes the sight made no fucking sense. He pushed Cain's body up against the mirror, and lifted up his shirt so their torsos could touch. Jimmy's bulge would be felt by Cain, and as he sucked more and more sustenance, he grinded against the lad, feeling the multiple pleasures of feeding and sexual acts. Once he had taken enough so that he could potentially feed from Cain again later, he bit his tongue and licked the wound closed. He was a neat and tidy beast.

Now they stood, bodies connected, bulges pulsing on one another, and Jimmy held Cain's muscular frame in his arms, his hand meeting around the small of his back. He'd come out of the feeding trance soon, and he'd find his partner holding him and waiting for him. He wanted him to feel respected, and not like the trash he feared he was. Wait, was that a vision or a guess? Jimmy smiled at the uncertainty.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.