Author Topic: Electric Feel  (Read 19720 times)

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
  • Mind my wicked words and tipsy topsy slurs
    • View Profile
Re: Electric Feel
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2019, 01:27:21 PM »
"It's not." He left his answer to that short and simple. It wouldn't read the text out loud without Dreki requesting it as thats how he had the program set up. Now trying to forget about the text for now and to continue their good conversation, as he didn't want anything to sour it right now. His smile had mostly remain, no reason to make it leave fully right now.

"Anyway, artists tend to be their own worst critics. How many little tunes do you think I've come up with that no one has ever heard before? Although to be fair my only audience for them in the past was Emma, it's not exactly hard to please her, nor is it hard to make things sound pretty on a Piano, even if you have now idea what you're doing." He said just massively underselling his abilities, he didn't think his own written work was that good, which is why whenever he went out to bars to play, he played a pre-select list of songs unless he got requests. The only one who's ever heard his own personal work was Emma, and maybe others at the facility if they had ever bothered to listen but he didn't really care about them in particular.

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2019, 04:24:54 PM »
Samuel didn’t pursue the text, not wishing to pry. He smirked as Dreki downplayed his musical ability in much the same way he’d demurred the quality of his poetry. The kid was smart; the irony wasn’t lost on him.

“Well, now, I’m pretty sure I could sit at a piano and nothing pretty would come out,” he laughed, enjoying the challenge of conversing with Dreki. It amused him that they were competing over who was the least talented.

“I tell you what,” he began, leaning towards his companion in a relaxed and friendly way (though he had to admit, getting close to his sweet warmth held a certain allure that was only growing, the longer they spent together), “if you play me something of yours, I’ll read you something of mine and we’ll see if we can’t decide who’s the worst at what they love once and for all, hmn?” he grinned.

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2019, 04:46:07 PM »
He smiled a bit more at Sam's reaction to him playing piano. Honestly he knew better, you could plop right on a few keys and make a little ditty out of nothing. He liked the idea of Sam's little game of 'I'll show you mine if you show me yours, and was honestly beginning to really enjoy Sam's company. He got a bit of a sly idea, and wondered how offering this would even go.

"Well, if you want, my apartment has my instruments in it. Do you know any of your poems by heart or have any of them on you?" He asked just straight up offering to bring Sam to his place. A much more intimate setting, one where they could talk even more freely than having to worry about the extras in the Library. It was also something he hasn't quite done, usually if he invited someone over, more alcohol and promises of sexual behavior was involved. Now here, it was more of a friendly gesture, but that didn't mean Dreki wasn't open for more depending on where things lead them.

"Of course you don't have to now, or today even, but the offer is there" He also added on as to not chase Sam away. He liked his new found friend so far. Likely even more than he realized, he didn't want to mess this up. While he had friends while in the facility, his connections outside we're slim. They were slowly growing, and for the better. He felt this was a good change in his life thus far, but that text sitting at the back of his mind, he wasn't entirely sure. He felt like a kid leaning how to walk in some respects, and in other respects felt like that same learning how to walk kid with no legs.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2019, 05:16:35 PM »
"Daaaamn, you don't mess around, do ya'?" he laughed when Dreki took up his challenge and referred to his apartment holding all his instruments. No punches pulled; he liked that.

"No, no, tonight works. I have no life and you're not busy right now, so there's no time like the present, as they say," he insisted when Dreki tried to roll his offer back and transfer it to another night. "I'm pretty sure I have some stuff on my phone," he mumbled, hurriedly scrolling through his notes and seeing a few passable attempts at poetry - mostly they were snippets of ideas that had come to him when he was out and about that he might later turn into something but there were also some truly awful ones. Certainly not the most impressive examples in his repertoire but that was his secret weapon in their war of crapness.

"It's definitely not my best stuff but that's kinda' the point, right?" he chuckled, getting to his feet. He reached down a hand in front of Dreki's face. "Here, lemme' help you up," he said, gently drawing the other into a standing position once he had his hand. He was surprised, once they were both standing, that they were the same height. "Well," he breathed, pressing himself up close and in Dreki's personal space, liking the feel of his warmth radiating so close against his front, "you're taller than I thought," he grinned.

Dreki didn't seem nearly so helpless now and it helped Samuel move his thoughts away from thinking him fragile to... someone he didn't have to be entirely gentle with.

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2019, 05:35:23 PM »
"Yeah, although to be fair I don't have much of a way of writing things down, so either there is some hole punched paper I can read and play, or I can just let my fingers do whatever." He explained not expecting Sam's best, as he wouldn't be pulling out his best either. Or what he thought was his best. He would save that if things seemed to be going well.

"You weren't expecting us to be the same height now were you?" He playfully asked when Sam made his comment about Dreki's height. He for sure was a tad bit thinner, but roughly around the same size as Sam was. He always felt a bit weaker than most others given how he wasn't exactly good at fighting, but he was good at other things, things that felt more at use to him given his job and his hobbies.

"Do you wish to stop anywhere first? Would offer you a cup of coffee or food or something at my place but I don't think you can have any of that." He mentioned debating mentioning that he's been fed from before but the requires a more intimate setting, but again didn't want to be super forward.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2019, 12:39:35 AM »
His grin only widened when Dreki teased him about assuming he'd be shorter. He liked Dreki's sass, it suited him and it made Samuel feel like responding in kind. He enjoyed a bit of gentle flirting, it was a sign he was feeling comfortable with his companion. "No sir, I was not," he admitted his expectations in his most coy Southern drawl, "but I like it," he added, feeling secure in the knowledge that Dreki wouldn't be able to see the way he was contemplating how level their lips were.

"Naw," he answered when asked if he wanted to stop anywhere in between the library and Dreki's apartment, chuckling at the mortal angel's wish that he could offer him some form of sustenance. Though his answer covered both comments, he chose to elaborate. "I don't need to stop off anywhere and the only thing I could eat at your place would be you," he said slyly, brushing a fingertip down Dreki's cheek. "And that doesn't sound too hospitable, now does it? Do you have some things to borrow out, first?" he enquired innocently, looking down to see if Dreki had anything in his hands or had put something aside on the carpet before he was interrupted by Samuel.

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2019, 06:27:25 AM »
"I'm glad you like my height, not much I can do to change it now." He joked back holding the items he wanted to check out in his hands. He knew that Sam was looking at him but that was about it, his smile stayed upon his face, as he was happy that Sam seemed to be enjoying his time as well.

"Well, it wouldn't be the first time I've been a willing donor, but if we do that," He seemed to get a little nervous as he put together his next words, his eyes dotted away from Sam for a moment, "things would get quite a bit more intimate." he explained remembering his encounter with Drew and just how intense that was in just the right ways. He wanted to feel that way again, but to someone who was willing to be even more intimate with him before, during, and after. Then he took the second part of that statement in. He didn't really have much shame in talking about such things, part of growing up as he did with very little friends and sheltered for the better part of his teenage years. His social skills weren't exactly lacking, but they were different to say the least.

"Yeah I suppose I should head to the counter and get these in my name already, do you have anything you want to check out? Do you want to just follow me to the desk or just wait by the doors for me?" He asked not minding whatever Sam wanted to do, more or less excited to spend time with him outside of the library.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2019, 10:28:46 AM »
“Lead on, I’ll follow,” Samuel smiled amiably. “I usually don’t borrow, I just come here to read. I like the atmosphere,” he added as he slid his hands into his pockets and trailed after Dreki. It would be a shame the mortal’s hands would be full on their walk.

Sam looked Dreki over as they went, thinking about his comment regarding feeding. The vampire hadn’t planned on broaching it (well...) but now it was definitely on his mind. Would that scent impact Dreki’s blood? The mortal angel had been so casual about the ‘intimacy’ (so polite, too) of drinking... and he hadn’t sounded against it. It certainly threw a new light on his going back to Dreki’s place. One that excited him even more.

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2019, 11:42:07 AM »
He nodded as he brought the books and listening pieces up to the counter. While the Librarian was making note of when to bring them back and putting them on his account, he took one of those reusable grocery backs out of his pocket, unfolded it, and put the books and stuff inside for easy carrying. He motioned at Sam to follow as he walked out of the Library and would bring him to his place.

(Thread continued in The Garden of Everything)